Stoney's Luv Shack

plants stopped drinking last night.. had runoff and everything!!!! it's cool because i just gave them a good punch in the mouth with finisher.. it might have been their last watering and will probably chop this week sometime.

018.JPG

i was so tempted to turn on the heavy blues but i have been growing full spectrum with this group since day one so i won't change anything now.. but just for fun and pics.. chillin!!!!!

020.JPG

with the harvest looming quick i wanted to make sure my new dry box is ready to go so i made the last and final missing shelf and covered it in hardware wire.. an OG versus mine...

009.JPG

and i went ahead and gave it a name.... i mean what am i gonna call it, my knock off cannatrol, diy dry box... nope, stoneybox! :D

005.JPG

a shot of my lonely outdoor plant. this was a seed from the contest prize... speaking of, i lost my bling bling trophy today :cry:

008.JPG
007.JPG

Go Raiders!!!!!!! Go #5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IDK man, break one website and they take your trophy away. Just doesn’t seem right. 🤔😂

View attachment 71981

i was lucky to have had it for as long as i did so no sad feelings or anything!!

but it's true i do break stuff all the time. a client recently asked me, how do you know so much about fixing things? i said because i've broken a lot of things and had to fix them myself! :LOL: :LOL:

my woman got me this shirt years ago.. it should have said i break things and don't know shit!! haha

002.JPG

and then some days it's like....

so stoked for the harvest coming up!!! got the new power scissors to try out, the stoneybox to try out, and i'm sure i'll use the new bowl trimmer for some of it too!!

today i grabbed some new grove bags for it all...

001.JPG

i also find it cool how i happen to have six shelves on the new dryer and just happen to have six different cultivars as well!! :)

Look great to me, I enjoy the last week before harvest the most. Cheers to Harvest, dry & cure

i hear ya man, for some reason i really like the first week and the last week the most. i'm not gonna water them anymore. i think sunday was the last day they got anything. i'm ready anytime really, not a lot going on in the evenings this week. not tonight yet though, most likely thursday.

like thurday night smack down but thursday night chop down!

giphy.webp

Look good enough for the lady I run with! Sexy AF!🔥
I'd take 'em down.🪚✂️
Can't wait to read your opinion on the power trimmers and see how well your Stoneybox work for ya. 🍿

i've been chompin at the bit to try those scissors. i might wear my steel oyster shucking glove!!! haha

the way these buds grew might be just perfect for these trimmers.

i think i want to try and take that net off first.. maybe slide it up a little all the way around and can get it off without tearing anything up. i'd really like to be able to just slide a plant out and cut once. if i leave the net in i'll have to cut each one twice or more to get all the branches out of it.

hoping it slides off like a prom dress!

i was lucky to have had it for as long as i did so no sad feelings or anything!!

but it's true i do break stuff all the time. a client recently asked me, how do you know so much about fixing things? i said because i've broken a lot of things and had to fix them myself! :LOL: :LOL:

my woman got me this shirt years ago.. it should have said i break things and don't know shit!! haha

View attachment 72133

That’s hilarious. In my younger days I used to help all the single lady friends of my sisters and wife. One day they got together and presented me with a few gifts. One was a T-shirt that had on the back “Ask me I know”. 🤣

Nice to be appreciated. 👍

That’s hilarious. In my younger days I used to help all the single lady friends of my sisters and wife. One day they got together and presented me with a few gifts. One was a T-shirt that had on the back “Ask me I know”. 🤣

Nice to be appreciated. 👍

i got a couple clients that treat me like that, they think i know everything... the secret is they just happen to ask questions about stuff i know about. :D

i couldn't wait any longer.. i chopped em!!!!!

heres the last pics as i took them out...

twelve weeks and three days from seed.

Los Angeles...
001.JPG

Rancid Runtz Muffins...
002.JPG

Platinum Ice (to me this one was the best smelling of the six)
003.JPG

Kush Mintz...
004.JPG

Funky Monkey...
005.JPG

Lemon Frosting...
006.JPG

and that it for this round..
007.JPG

just got four new bags of soil to start the next round... the lineup is set i'm just not sure how i want to grow them yet, maybe mainline again. i really want to see how much this harvest yields before i decide. probably start seeds for next one in a week or so.. i wanna make sure all the mites are gone first. good news is i didn't see any in this harvest but i also didn't inspect every plant either.

the power scissors worked great, no accidents, no blood drawn!!!! pretty ez and comfortable to use. takes any hand fatigue out of it. a tiny learning curve to it but you learn quick. gotta run them pretty slow to keep it neat and clean, if you run them fast it makes a mess. i have black carpeting in this room so i kept it on the slow side. but if you're trimming outside and don't care about saving the trim you can really save time on a fast speed. i surprised on how detailed you can get with it, gets in all the cracks and corners of the bud without snipping off to much. i think i would have accidentally cut more off with hand scissors than i did with the power snips. in fact there were no oop's at all.

i used the power scissors to take the bigger stuff off that didn't have any trics and also used them to trim the colas that i left whole. then i used the bowl trimmer to take care of the rest. this is the first time in a couple years now that i've trimmed wet, probably my last wet harvest as well. i guess one good thing is everything is already done now, just dry and bag! i just like dry processing much better, each to their own.

the entire harvest including clean up was about three hours. i still have all the containers of soil to deal with during the daylight tomorrow and then i'll nuke and clean the cabinet for the next round.

the dry box is loaded and on it's maiden voyage!!!! so far so good. probably should have used hardware wire with smaller holes. the bowl trimmer keeps stuff that i would normally just toss in the tumbler pile so there are some pea size buds that want to fall through the wire, i imagine this will get worse as they dry. so far it's fine but something worth keeping an eye on.

even had enough room to put a box of all the trim inside too, plenty of room for my size harvest so that's great to know.

009.JPG010.JPG

now i get to concentrate on the the two autos going against the hydro. i don't want to admit this in my other thread yet but the hydro plants are kicking the snot out of the soil plants growth wise. i feel i need to represent soil growers better than this!!!! i'm gonna brew up some good tea and see if we can't get em growing a little faster!!

i'll be sure to report all weights and measures from this crop and even some smoke reports as they happen..

next up will be cultivars: Cherry Pie, California Orange Sherbet, and Gassy Cream Cake all from Redbeard and then Candy Store from Ethos and Amherst Sour Diesel from Humbolt and Sun of a Peach from Anesia seeds.

🙃:)🙃

i got a couple clients that treat me like that, they think i know everything... the secret is they just happen to ask questions about stuff i know about. :D

Los Angeles...
View attachment 72435

Rancid Runtz Muffins...
View attachment 72436

View attachment 72437

Kush Mintz...
View attachment 72438

Funky Monkey...
View attachment 72439

Lemon Frosting...
View attachment 72440

View attachment 72441

just got four new bags of soil to start the next round... the lineup is set i'm just not sure how i want to grow them yet, maybe mainline again. i really want to see how much this harvest yields before i decide. probably start seeds for next one in a week or so.. i wanna make sure all the mites are gone first. good news is i didn't see any in this harvest but i also didn't inspect every plant either.

the power scissors worked great, no accidents, no blood drawn!!!! pretty ez and comfortable to use. takes any hand fatigue out of it. a tiny learning curve to it but you learn quick. gotta run them pretty slow to keep it neat and clean, if you run them fast it makes a mess. i have black carpeting in this room so i kept it on the slow side. but if you're trimming outside and don't care about saving the trim you can really save time on a fast speed. i surprised on how detailed you can get with it, gets in all the cracks and corners of the bud without snipping off to much. i think i would have accidentally cut more off with hand scissors than i did with the power snips. in fact there were no oop's at all.

i used the power scissors to take the bigger stuff off that didn't have any trics and also used them to trim the colas that i left whole. then i used the bowl trimmer to take care of the rest. this is the first time in a couple years now that i've trimmed wet, probably my last wet harvest as well. i guess one good thing is everything is already done now, just dry and bag! i just like dry processing much better, each to their own.

the entire harvest including clean up was about three hours. i still have all the containers of soil to deal with during the daylight tomorrow and then i'll nuke and clean the cabinet for the next round.

the dry box is loaded and on it's maiden voyage!!!! so far so good. probably should have used hardware wire with smaller holes. the bowl trimmer keeps stuff that i would normally just toss in the tumbler pile so there are some pea size buds that want to fall through the wire, i imagine this will get worse as they dry. so far it's fine but something worth keeping an eye on.

even had enough room to put a box of all the trim inside too, plenty of room for my size harvest so that's great to know.

View attachment 72442View attachment 72443

now i get to concentrate on the the two autos going against the hydro. i don't want to admit this in my other thread yet but the hydro plants are kicking the snot out of the soil plants growth wise. i feel i need to represent soil growers better than this!!!! i'm gonna brew up some good tea and see if we can't get em growing a little faster!!

i'll be sure to report all weights and measures from this crop and even some smoke reports as they happen..

next up will be cultivars: Cherry Pie, California Orange Sherbet, and Gassy Cream Cake all from Redbeard and then Candy Store from Ethos and Amherst Sour Diesel from Humbolt and Sun of a Peach from Anesia seeds.

Great report on the power snips man.
I tend to trim where they stand in the grow and never keep anything that's cut off so I go full speed and let everything fall into the tray they're standing in. Yeah little bits of leaf go flying everywhere!
If it has frost I leave it on the plant to dry then I collect it and put it in a grove for squishing later but I dry and cure with that frosty leaf still on the buds.
But yeah like what you did it's mostly all about preference and comfort at that point. What works best for the individual is the best way to do it. Kinda like there's a no wrong way as long as that way work well for the person doing it.
I do love the convenience and speed of the power snips though. That's just huge IMO.

Curious about your dry box as well.
One thing that stands out in these powered rack dryers is buds don't flatten out like they do in those hanging net racks. I think that's the big game changer in this new tech.

Gotta also say your hydro work and that LA has my wheels turning.
I posted about the oxygen difference in your side by side and I'm looking to maybe get even more speed out of the gate.
In addition, I'm not sure but it seems like Stonington may be a little too hot for sprouts.
So I'm gonna do a little test run starting today.
I'm gonna drop some LA in a VG but instead of going into an airpot and soil, I'm gonna stick the sprouts in my clone machine and do the short veg in it then pot them up in soil for flower. Like a test run of a hydro and soil grow in one. I really don't see why it won't work and it would totally eliminate the need for airpots and starting youngsters in soil then upcanning later.

The tallest and healthiest rooted plant in my tent is the one that lived in my germinating dome for 2.5 weeks. Weak light and roots exposed. It replaced the one that fell over.

I've wanted to flip sooner on my next run and it seems like that would've only been a week or so in the system for that plant, had I flipped early this run.

If that sucker can live neglected in a dome until flowering, I'm positive that your combo grow will yield some excellent results.

Los Angeles...
View attachment 72435

Rancid Runtz Muffins...
View attachment 72436

View attachment 72437

Kush Mintz...
View attachment 72438

Funky Monkey...
View attachment 72439

Lemon Frosting...
View attachment 72440

View attachment 72441

View attachment 72442View attachment 72443

There should b a medal for light bleaching..got it for the first time this grow..I’m proud as punch 😄
oh..nice rack…first time I’ve ever said that to a fella 😂

Back
Top Bottom