Stoney's Luv Shack

You might have enough time to grow that one auto outdoors.
I remember clearly saying why would I want my plant to bud in the most humid time of year and realizing if I was doing to grow autos outdoors they had to still be in their short veg cycle in August our way. That was in the greenhouse where I had rot and humidity issues all over the place with photos and autos.
If it is not too wet or a hard frost an 8-10 week plant is still possible IMO.

The consistency from one plant to the next is very impressive! I always have a wildcard or two making it a rodeo at times.
Yeah in the 50ish day range there's a lot left for them to do. Minimum is around 80 days on indicas, 90 on hybrids and who TF knows on haze or sativas...usually around 100-120 is what it look like here. But still that 100 with no veg is nice considering with veg that's damn near a 6 month grow. Fuck that!!!
One nice thing is with no topping that main stalk grows stout and firm able to hold up the buds. Nets and yoyos are not really needed with the plants able to hold themselves up but still good to have some idea at the ready if colas get so heavy and plants start to die down there's a chance they'll fall over then and they fall at the base, not just a leaning cola.

I'm gonna add some twists to my routine next. Gonna try some speedy mainline and maybe topping. They grow so much between flip and cotton balls there's some room to play with structure there.

That is one baddasss piece of machinery right there!!! It looks fast just sitting still!!!
Super jelly about your metal working skills and tools right now man. I need to do some metal work on my hydraulic lifts and 550 outriggers to mount my new supplement lights. This is such an epic challenge for a city boy like me not having the tools or access to metal.
I may have to 3D print the rods I'll need and I think I have a source on metal beams.
They've rebuilt the jumbotron in the stadium and there's some scrap beams I can use but cutting them might be a bitch. It'll either be by hand with my hacksaw or I break down and go buy a cut-off grinder from Harbor Freight. Given the price of metals around here that scrap stuff is looking more and more like the choice and just have to suck it up about the work needed to make it fit the tables.

Race day!!! I'll be able to watch right around the time it's ending so I'll have to go into blackout mode once it does start. Even my wife has been missing it as we watch the truck race this morning.
How the hell did the Xfinity series get 3 weeks off??!! I might miss that more than Cup!
I tuned in some for the Olympics and that was fun but yeah it's time for burned rubber, road rage, and trading paint!
Seen enough Swedish beach volleyball hotties, people running, surfing, Simone Biles kicking ass, and Frenchy accents for now.
Gimme some good ol redneck fun, Blaney dropping F bombs every other word on the scanner and some Southern twang commentary to get my fix!!!

i'm really hapy how they all kind of grew to the same height. it didn't look like they were going to and then all of a sudden the short plants all grew up! i think that delay in their height will also follow in their girth. it ain't over till the fat lady sings!!!!!

thanks for the timing break down though, i wasn't sure at all and was just kinda ignoring the calendar and just growing em and like a brisket, they'll be done when they're done!!! :D but knowing just under 100 days is where where i should be makes it seem to be on track more. thanks man!!

man you should hand that haxsaw off to a student and tell em it's great conditioning exercise!!!!! you'll have all the beams you need in one day!!!

but seriously, what size beam are you talking? how thick is the steel? side cutter might be your best option but they're a lot messier than a haxsaw and throw a lot of sparks. but you'll get a clean cut. i'll help ya pick the right tool, beams aren't tempered or anything so normally soft steel, they're made to give a little and not snap.

i'm very interested in your new lighting setup.. sounds like something to pay attention to!!!

i got my fan rewards last night for the truck race, i wasn't hoe and used my phone for it and they make it very easy and even announce it to get the points. just did it for the cup race too.

no race spoilers from me!!!! hehe

vroom vroom

ahhhhhh yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could be the next custom plate~!
View attachment 68519
😁

i've always wanted a custom plate but man since i was young i have a state issued plate that ends in 420... i just can't give it up!!!

004.JPG

You might have enough time to grow that one auto outdoors.
I remember clearly saying why would I want my plant to bud in the most humid time of year and realizing if I was doing to grow autos outdoors they had to still be in their short veg cycle in August our way. That was in the greenhouse where I had rot and humidity issues all over the place with photos and autos.
If it is not too wet or a hard frost an 8-10 week plant is still possible IMO.

i was just thinking this too man... i mean it should be done around early november. if i put it in the greenhouse it should be fine... well more than one because i first forgot that they give ya seven seeds not six!!! so maybe five inside and two outside!!!!

plus the temps are at a much more manageable level now too so this might be the time to start!!!!

hmmmm... sound like a plan!!!!

just starting week nine since seed, day 59 total.

025.JPG

016.JPG

017.JPG

019.JPG

021.JPG

022.JPG

023.JPG

024.JPG

i'm gonna brew up some tea tonight and give them a heavy feeding tomorrow. i have not given them any sugar yet so i'm well past due for that. so some good sweet tea!!! :D

absolutely no complaints of this round whatsoever and other than watering they have been on autopilot and starting to stack em!!!

just starting week nine since seed, day 59 total.

View attachment 68815

View attachment 68808

View attachment 68809

View attachment 68810

View attachment 68811

View attachment 68812

View attachment 68813

View attachment 68814

i'm gonna brew up some tea tonight and give them a heavy feeding tomorrow. i have not given them any sugar yet so i'm well past due for that. so some good sweet tea!!! :D

absolutely no complaints of this round whatsoever and other than watering they have been on autopilot and starting to stack em!!!
man i really fucking want that, a programmable spectrum LED i can play around with and experiment with

you can manipulate the plants morphology to ones desire, to ones needs and preferences, tailored and optimizing for each stage of growth.

man i really fucking want that, a programmable spectrum LED i can play around with and experiment with

you can manipulate the plants morphology to ones desire.

i ain't gonna lie it's fun to have and i was giddy as a schoolgirl when i first got it! so many options and so little time.. gotta do no-veg now just to get in more grows to practice!! :D

you can manipulate the plants morphology to ones desire, to ones needs and preferences, tailored and optimizing for each stage of growth.
also, it would be one of a few different methods ill have to utilize to grow 420 solo cups in a 5x5 tent and yield 2940g/6.4 lbs/117.6gs/per sqft in 25 sqft/5x5 tent of space.

using the blue-leaning spectrum to keep em short, compact and dense to fit and get so much in a little space.

ima do that for yall when i get my shit together too, a double decker 5x5 tent, 210 at bottom and 210 at top half.
the 420 solo cup run, in a 5x5 tent, lol.
ive already promised, gotta keep my word, since seeing a 210 is possible.

at least 7gs per plant. = 2940gs.

ill show it.

Last edited:
also, it would be one of a few different methods ill have to utilize to grow 420 solo cups in a 5x5 tent and yield 2940g/6.4 lbs/117.6gs/per sqft in 25 sqft/5x5 tent of space.

using the blue-leaning spectrum to keep em short, compact and dense to fit and get so much in a little space.

ima do that for yall when i get my shit together too, a double decker 5x5 tent, 210 at bottom and 210 at top half.
the 420 solo cup run, in a 5x5 tent, lol.
ive already promised, gotta keep my word, since seeing a 210 is possible.

at least 7gs per plant. = 2940gs.

ill show it.

i've heard you talk about that 420 cup grow.. i can't wait to see it man!! gonna look insane!!

heavy blues.... 🙃

027.JPG

028.JPG

i've heard you talk about that 420 cup grow.. i can't wait to see it man!! gonna look insane!!

heavy blues.... 🙃

View attachment 68825

View attachment 68826
from what ive read, blues can also make the buds more dense and compact/shape while reds will elongate them

actually its on my bruce bugbee thread on here too

from the man him self in a scientific lab studying these plants.

from what ive read, blues can also make the buds more dense and compact/shape while reds will elongate them

actually its on my bruce bugbee thread on here too

from the man him self in a scientific lab studying these plants.

i like to do a heavy blue on the last two a half weeks before harvest. almost like HID growers did with MH at the end of a cycle.

R39 - W99 - B99 similar to the seedling ratio but with more white. for seedlings i like a 4-5-10 ratio.

sometimes i wished i only ran one cultivar over and over to really dial it in. it's hard from round to round when i change up so many other factors and don't really have a "control" grow to base things from. but it's still fun playing around!

sometimes i wished i only ran one cultivar over and over to really dial it in. it's hard from round to round when i change up so many other factors and don't really have a "control" grow to base things from. but it's still fun playing around!
thats one way to REALLY LEARN how plants grow and youll see how one cultivar is supposed or consistently does and what changes you induce and see the cause and effects

if im conveying that right

thats one way to REALLY LEARN how plants grow and youll see how one cultivar is supposed or consistently does and what changes you induce and see the cause and effects

if im conveying that right

yes sir, that's exactly what i mean. but i have so much fun trying different things and different ways even if it always don't pan out. i guess i'd feel differently if i didn't have a couple pounds stashed away though.

it's one of those do as i say and not as i do kinda things!! :D

yes sir, that's exactly what i mean. but i have so much fun trying different things and different ways even if it always don't pan out. i guess i'd feel differently if i didn't have a couple pounds stashed away though.

it's one of those do as i say and not as i do kinda things!! :D
yup

just super passionate, love doing it. and experimenting

Last edited:
I put down a durable garage floor for a client of mine, his epoxy was done wrong and peeling and he didn't want to pay 3K to have it redone so i put in this rubber interlocking tiles, must be the month for BB laying in flooring, seen a couple others the last few days...

20240816_172110.jpg
20240816_172129.jpg
20240816_172117.jpg

Can you drive on that?

sure can... they sell it in like ten colors... i tried to talk him into black/white checkered but he was having none of that. the CS at the company was absolutely horrible though.

he debating buying them from this [lace and he wished he would have...

i'm really hapy how they all kind of grew to the same height. it didn't look like they were going to and then all of a sudden the short plants all grew up! i think that delay in their height will also follow in their girth. it ain't over till the fat lady sings!!!!!

thanks for the timing break down though, i wasn't sure at all and was just kinda ignoring the calendar and just growing em and like a brisket, they'll be done when they're done!!! :D but knowing just under 100 days is where where i should be makes it seem to be on track more. thanks man!!

man you should hand that haxsaw off to a student and tell em it's great conditioning exercise!!!!! you'll have all the beams you need in one day!!!

but seriously, what size beam are you talking? how thick is the steel? side cutter might be your best option but they're a lot messier than a haxsaw and throw a lot of sparks. but you'll get a clean cut. i'll help ya pick the right tool, beams aren't tempered or anything so normally soft steel, they're made to give a little and not snap.

i'm very interested in your new lighting setup.. sounds like something to pay attention to!!!

i got my fan rewards last night for the truck race, i wasn't hoe and used my phone for it and they make it very easy and even announce it to get the points. just did it for the cup race too.

no race spoilers from me!!!! hehe

ahhhhhh yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i've always wanted a custom plate but man since i was young i have a state issued plate that ends in 420... i just can't give it up!!!

View attachment 68532

i was just thinking this too man... i mean it should be done around early november. if i put it in the greenhouse it should be fine... well more than one because i first forgot that they give ya seven seeds not six!!! so maybe five inside and two outside!!!!

plus the temps are at a much more manageable level now too so this might be the time to start!!!!

hmmmm... sound like a plan!!!!

Here's the scrap I picked up and want to use. It's 1"x2". The rest of the scrap is all 2"x2" but I like this stuff because it will give me an xtra inch of headroom.
The holes lighten it up some compared to solid steel and also gives me pilot holes to easily attach it to the hydraulic lifts.
It's super sturdy and strong. I'm pretty sure it's galvanized steel and the side walls are rolled.
I need to cut these down from 50 inches to 40 inches and also find two more identical pieces.

IMG_0684[1].jpeg

I think I saw some at Home Depot in the electrical dept so that will be my first stop. I also need to buy a sheet of plywood and have them cut it down into two 35"x40" pieces so I'm hoping to kill two birds with one stone on that trip

It's fun to play with spectrum man.
I did some side by side tests a while back and it really blurred the lines on the old blue for veg, red for flower stuff.
Increased red in propagation and veg resulted in much more prolific root growth without stretch than the old blue spectras and blue in flower resulted in a more oily plant at harvest.
Those tests and side by sides are pretty much why I run the spectrums I do today, committed to balanced full spectrum growing.
Now with no veg growing and propagation nearly matching flowering spectras, I pretty much tune everything for flowering from the start. And since cannabis broken down is nothing more than a Spring growing, Fall flowering annual plant, the spectrums really seem to fit well compared to the old days of something like 4000kelvin for veg and 2500-3000kelvin for flowering

heavy blues.... 🙃

View attachment 68825

View attachment 68826

Sexy AF dude!
That's where my new light plan is coming into play but I'll also use the UV for veg, taking a page from the Eye Hortilux Power Veg lights playbook.
CLW blue peaks at around 445nm but with the talk of UV and blue increasing resin I think the sweet spot is a peak at around 390-420nm so that's why I'm adding the supplement just to break thru that wall and see what's on the other side

I think I saw some at Home Depot in the electrical dept so that will be my first stop.
Yep we called that stuff shallow strut. Unistrut is what everyone calls it but I think that's actually a brand. Any electrical supplier should carry strut, though. Shallow strut is 7/8", Deep strut is 1-5/8" and then they also make double strut which is usually 2 pieces of deep strut welded back to back.

Very durable material and they make specific nuts that slide into the channel and spring into place. Springnuts is what we called em.

You may already know all that, though.

Last edited:
I'd do this kind of work

this guy is one of those customers that i will do pretty much whatever they ask of me. he asked me months ago when he was even thinking of buying. but solid dude and always takes care of me. so yeah i'll even work on my knees swinging a dead blow all day for him.

i only have four clients that i do that for. but yeah pretty much whatever. one of the first jobs i did for him about 20 years ago was taking down a hand painted ceiling light that the artist just died and they wanted to put it up in they're arizona home. so one of a kind and irreplaceable, and if thats not enough it's directly above the middle of their grand piano!!! no pressure!!! that was the second job he ever hired me for and never even met me yet, just his wife! the trust was set high from the beginning!!

Here's the scrap I picked up and want to use. It's 1"x2". The rest of the scrap is all 2"x2" but I like this stuff because it will give me an xtra inch of headroom.
The holes lighten it up some compared to solid steel and also gives me pilot holes to easily attach it to the hydraulic lifts.
It's super sturdy and strong. I'm pretty sure it's galvanized steel and the side walls are rolled.
I need to cut these down from 50 inches to 40 inches and also find two more identical pieces.

IMG_0684[1].jpeg

I think I saw some at Home Depot in the electrical dept so that will be my first stop. I also need to buy a sheet of plywood and have them cut it down into two 35"x40" pieces so I'm hoping to kill two birds with one stone on that trip

yep , steel strut just like grumpy's talking about!! they make it in different materials, even stainless.

galvanized is great and soft steel, meaning not hardened or tempered like say a drill bit or saw blade is. you can cut it with just a simple haxsaw, no power tools needed.

with your tofu torch you could harden it to make it stronger for linear strength. i could walk you through it ez if you wanted. i wouldn't go as far as tempering it because of how you want to use it. tempering makes it super strong but also won't bent anymore, just snap!! like the rear tires of the #8 car!!! :ROFLMAO:

hardening leaves a tiny give but will make the linear strength much better. crowbars are hardened soft steel to give you an idea. a little give but strong AF!

you want to do all the fabricating and mocking up before you harden!!

Sexy AF dude!
That's where my new light plan is coming into play but I'll also use the UV for veg, taking a page from the Eye Hortilux Power Veg lights playbook.
CLW blue peaks at around 445nm but with the talk of UV and blue increasing resin I think the sweet spot is a peak at around 390-420nm so that's why I'm adding the supplement just to break thru that wall and see what's on the other side

it's the reason i want to stay with blurple!

can't wait to see your new setup man!!!!!!!

View attachment 69296

It's fun to play with spectrum man.
I did some side by side tests a while back and it really blurred the lines on the old blue for veg, red for flower stuff.
Increased red in propagation and veg resulted in much more prolific root growth without stretch than the old blue spectras and blue in flower resulted in a more oily plant at harvest.
Those tests and side by sides are pretty much why I run the spectrums I do today, committed to balanced full spectrum growing.
Now with no veg growing and propagation nearly matching flowering spectras, I pretty much tune everything for flowering from the start. And since cannabis broken down is nothing more than a Spring growing, Fall flowering annual plant, the spectrums really seem to fit well compared to the old days of something like 4000kelvin for veg and 2500-3000kelvin for flowering

Sexy AF dude!

OOOOOHHH i forgot to show ya.... after todays busch race..

Screenshot 2024-08-17 180520.jpg

.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>^^^^^^^^^ <<<<<<<<<<<< SMOKIN!!!!!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

We had same shitty weather all weekend.
Feels like it rains or real close everyday lately.
Supposed to get better after tomorrow?

We had same shitty weather all weekend.
Feels like it rains or real close everyday lately.
Supposed to get better after tomorrow?

yea pouring rain here right now.... my nap was very nice!!!!! :D

i hope is gets nice out this week, i have most of the week off and taking a mini week vacation at home.

what a great first lap!!!! get some!!!!!

more rain...... more red flags!!!

end of week nine now and about 63 days since dry seed on the noveg.

they got a heavy dose of sweet tea a few days ago so they've been sucking it up!!!!

hard to get a shot of all of them at once...

015.JPG

016.JPG

017.JPG

018.JPG

this is the LA from the front left...

019.JPG

next is a platinum ice from the second row left side..

021.JPG

Kush Mintz, this one is surprisingly stinky!!!

023.JPG

this is one of the lemon frosting in the back left corner...

022.JPG

and last but not least, funky monkey....

024.JPG

very happy with them and can't wait to see how they finish up!!!

more rain...... more red flags!!!

end of week nine now and about 63 days since dry seed on the noveg.

they got a heavy dose of sweet tea a few days ago so they've been sucking it up!!!!

hard to get a shot of all of them at once...

View attachment 69526

View attachment 69527

View attachment 69528

View attachment 69529

this is the LA from the front left...

View attachment 69530

next is a platinum ice from the second row left side..

View attachment 69531

Kush Mintz, this one is surprisingly stinky!!!

View attachment 69533

this is one of the lemon frosting in the back left corner...

View attachment 69532

and last but not least, funky monkey....

View attachment 69534

very happy with them and can't wait to see how they finish up!!!
Funky monkey is looking real nice man!!
That LA is stupid frosty!!

They look like they will finish up nice~! 🥳
Really can't tell by looking they had no real veg time. 🔥

Race delayed till tomorrow.
It is going to rain here so we already called work off for tomorrow.
I get to watch the race tomorrow.
My wife will be thrilled~! :ROFLMAO:

Funky monkey is looking real nice man!!
That LA is stupid frosty!!

all three of the LA look very similar too, hope they fatten up a little because they look yummy!!!

How is your wife? healing okay? no headaches or anything??

They look like they will finish up nice~! 🥳
Really can't tell by looking they had no real veg time. 🔥

right?!? i can't ell either, i was thinking maybe three weeks or four? idk, but i'm ready for the harvest when they are. can't wait to try out my power scissors and the dry box!!!!!

Race delayed till tomorrow.
It is going to rain here so we already called work off for tomorrow.
I get to watch the race tomorrow.
My wife will be thrilled~! :ROFLMAO:

yeah 11am... i kinda hope it rains there a little more and they start later in the afternoon. haha

i have state inspections on two of my vehicles tomorrow, gotta be there by 1pm. probably watching it on dvr later with no scanner or i listen to scanner live and don't watch on tv.. i'll see the start of it tomorrow so i'll decided then.

the garage owner is a #8 fan.... great.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom