Stoney's Luv Shack

I bowl-trimmed my last harvest wet. It did pretty well, only leaving a few sugar leaves on some nugs. I'll probably do it again. I didn't see a difference in terps from when I dry trimmed with a basting brush, just no finger or scissor hash. It dried in 3 days hanging in racks. That's the big seller for me. Chop, trim, hang and dry in less than 4 days wheras my first harvest took 11 days just to dry. I can't wait that long to smoke my hard-earned nugs 🤣
Wow! That's a quick dry from what I've been picking up.

The bowl trimmers look great. Without any experience, I was just thinking they worked better on buds without the stems. Since I'm drying by hanging from stems instead of laying buds on drying racks, I figured that a bowl trimmer would only suit me for dry trimming after I snip the buds off of the stems. Am I wrong in thinking the bowl trimmers work better when the stems are removed? Feels like something obvious is flying ov er my head, lol.

Last edited:
You'll need this thing or you can DIY a splitter

You'll need each fan to have a male to male UIS cable go to the splitter or you could even splice the two cables into each other and make two cables with one plug to the controller. Either way will work.
The two cables just need to plug into one and the same port on the controller.
Then just one fan needs to be plugged into a power outlet.

Working the fans with the controller they'll both do the same thing. Since oscillate is manual, you can have one turning and the other stationary but they'll both run at the same speed and use the same triggers to turn on

That mixer is cool AF bro!!!!
Is you oil cart tutorial in this thread? I shoulda bookmarked it and thought I did but I'm not seeing it on my bookmark list.
I have some cannabis derived terps and wanna take a shot at turning some of this THCa diamonds into cart oil

ah the splitters, thats why you needed those... i'm catching on now. i'm gonna start wiring everything in this weekend so i'll ether get a splitter or run a power cord. i might just get the splitter and save a open port on the controller. right now i only have two v2's in there but there is a chance i'll buy one more on a future sale. the most i've ever needed in there is three but if i want to upgrade to an aci exhaust ( i really like that smart speed feature that would make my cabinet so steady eddie compared to what i have now. i didn't even know it did that till i recently watched the aci video). so with that and the outlet for my active intake and three fans i would be over ported. i guess thats why you wern't using it versus the pro+ model with 8...

can we control our CLW lights with this adapter? https://www.amazon.com/AC-Infinity-...786-bcf7-c0cb8dfdf4ee&pd_rd_i=B0BCHDQBMT&th=1

that recipe i used might be on here somewhere, probably quicker just to spell it out again. i assume you want to make small batches for just a few carts at a time?

that neg mag spinner is great but must be watched closely and only for larger batches over 10ml at a time.

starting out i suggest a double boiler setup. i used a 1/2 pint mason jar and a small pot of water with a lid. the key is finding something that seals that the size syringe fits in. i leave the plunger out for this part to save space. just make sure you have something to plug or cork up the opening in the syringe, you can even print something, i happen to use an eye dropper top that fit perfect. i also like to use a luer lock syringe so it stays sealed!!

018.JPG019.JPG

then to mix it i use one of these herb grinders.. i pulled the metal grinder off of the plastic collar and shoved a dab tool in the collar, this makes for a great immersion mixer for the small syringe!

020.JPG021.JPG

as for the recipe, i just try to make it as potent as possible. realistically about .86 of a gram of sugar makes 1ml of oil with the terps added in to make it liquid. these places that say they're one gram in 1ml are lying. take 1 gram of any concentrate on the planet heat it up to a liquid and it will make more than 1ml.

start small since it's just for you, put just one or two grams of those diamonds you get in a syringe and add a little liquefier to it, just enough to cover half of the diamonds in the syringe. (use an eye dropper) cover the syringe with your cap, seal it in a jar and set the jar in hot water on the stove. you almost can't overdue it this way. i have left it in there so long i could hear the jar rattling around inside a covered pot because it's boiling and dancing around. this is why it's so important to cover or cork the syringe. it tips in the water sometimes taking it out and you don't want it spilling out into the jar.

get it hot... then open it up and stick the mixer in, careful when turning it on, with new batteries it will spin like hell. careful not to spin it out. if you press against the syringe it will hold back the motor and i use this tension to control the speed of it. you'll learn quick. practice with water first if you're nervous. but get it hot and mix it. if it's melted but thick add some liquifier. it will still look translucent at this point, the air mixed in will make it look unfinished. it's okay, seal it up and put it back on heat for ten minutes or so and you will see the oil turn transparent. if you notice just the very bottom of the syringe is still a little translucent and not cleared then you need a couple more drops of liquifier/ mix it again and let it heat up again, repeat until it's all clear. if it turns clear right from the first time that you may have overshot on how much liquifier you added and probably could have made it stronger, not a problem though because you still get to vape your mistakes!!!

as for a liquifier my favorite is a flavorless terp. there are quite a few good companies out there. i use the one from the terpene store but for some reason their site is down right now and i can't give you link at this time.

001.JPG

when you're right on the edge of making them as potent as possible sometimes when it cools down it solids up a bit, this is right on the edge!!! i still smoke them but there is some material left over in the cart that must be cleaned out before filling again. to clean them i use IPA and my vacuum purge pump, just stick the hose right on the end of the cart and it sucks it clean. this last batch cooled down to solid up a bit, could have used another five or six drops of liquifier.

013.JPG014.JPG

because i use sugar i don't have a consistent product to start with. if i could make distillate it would be much different and could make the perfect batch every time.

i'd love to see what the crystal meth your getting makes for carts.. i bet the liquid could be perfectly clear like water!!! and ya know all the crystal meth we get ( we call it meth because it looks like that! haha) every one i ever had is over 99% thc. i know you don't get lab results but i don't think diamonds that clean can be under 99% i'm jelly about it for sure!!! around here though that stuff is about $75 a gram!!!! i ain't making a $100 cart! i'll just smoke three of my $5 carts and be just as high! hahaha

and of coarse man, any questions just fire away!!!!!!

Our Eers are heartbreakers. That last 4mins. was a hard to watch. I have a co-worker who gets so frustrated he goes out on the porch during commercial breaks and kicks spindles out of his porch railing. He is definitely not to code by end of season, before he repairs everything.

My question about leaving the stems on was more about ease of using the bowl trimmer. It looks like you don't need the stems to dry in your dry box. Wouldn't it be easier to use the bowl trimmer with the stems removed?

I'm for certain ordering the electric trimmers before the next plants get chopped. I'm trying to decide whether I just want to wet trim everything before I buy a bowl trimmer. I don't think I'd use the bowl for wet trim. I need to leave the stems on for hanging in the dry tent.

yes you're correct. in fact you're supposed to remove every stem before the bowl trimmer. it's doesn't do well with stems plus i believe it dulls the cutting blade.

i find the bowl trimmer handy for smaller stuff that you don't want to be hassled with trying to trim with scissors. the very first time i used the bowl was a dry trim and it worked awesome!! i hung the plants whole and a couple weeks later i just popped off the buds by hand into the trimmer and it trims quick when dry, just a couple revolutions each direction and they're done. trims it all in seconds!

then i put the trimmings in a tumbler and pull all the keif from that... nothing wasted.

009.JPG

I bowl-trimmed my last harvest wet. It did pretty well, only leaving a few sugar leaves on some nugs. I'll probably do it again. I didn't see a difference in terps from when I dry trimmed with a basting brush, just no finger or scissor hash. It dried in 3 days hanging in racks. That's the big seller for me. Chop, trim, hang and dry in less than 4 days wheras my first harvest took 11 days just to dry. I can't wait that long to smoke my hard-earned nugs 🤣

i remember those days of needing it dry quick!!! never went as far as microwaving buds but i have put them under a hot lamp to dry samples at one point... been a while since i needed to do that though... now a harvest is just another grow chore that isn't a priority like it was. you'll be there very soon the rate you're headed at!!!

Wow! That's a quick dry from what I've been picking up.

The bowl trimmers look great. Without any experience, I was just thinking they worked better on buds without the stems.

yes! good call. do not dry your buds that fast if you don't have to... wait it out a week to ten days and it will be so much smoother of a smoke. chances are first few harvests won't get much of a cure before it's all smoked up so a good slow dry is important IMO.

believe me i'm nervous as hell drying this batch in the new dryer in only eight days!!!!! very nervous and hoping i don't mess up a whole harvest!! tomorrow night will be eight full days and friday night we're going to concert with some friends so i'm gonna twist one up of each cultivar and get everybody's opinions on it. 🤞🤞

Last edited:
ah the splitters, thats why you needed those... i'm catching on now. i'm gonna start wiring everything in this weekend so i'll ether get a splitter or run a power cord. i might just get the splitter and save a open port on the controller. right now i only have two v2's in there but there is a chance i'll buy one more on a future sale. the most i've ever needed in there is three but if i want to upgrade to an aci exhaust ( i really like that smart speed feature that would make my cabinet so steady eddie compared to what i have now. i didn't even know it did that till i recently watched the aci video). so with that and the outlet for my active intake and three fans i would be over ported. i guess thats why you wern't using it versus the pro+ model with 8...

can we control our CLW lights with this adapter? https://www.amazon.com/AC-Infinity-...786-bcf7-c0cb8dfdf4ee&pd_rd_i=B0BCHDQBMT&th=1

that recipe i used might be on here somewhere, probably quicker just to spell it out again. i assume you want to make small batches for just a few carts at a time?

that neg mag spinner is great but must be watched closely and only for larger batches over 10ml at a time.

starting out i suggest a double boiler setup. i used a 1/2 pint mason jar and a small pot of water with a lid. the key is finding something that seals that the size syringe fits in. i leave the plunger out for this part to save space. just make sure you have something to plug or cork up the opening in the syringe, you can even print something, i happen to use an eye dropper top that fit perfect. i also like to use a luer lock syringe so it stays sealed!!

View attachment 73255View attachment 73256

then to mix it i use one of these herb grinders.. i pulled the metal grinder off of the plastic collar and shoved a dab tool in the collar, this makes for a great immersion mixer for the small syringe!

View attachment 73257View attachment 73258

as for the recipe, i just try to make it as potent as possible. realistically about .86 of a gram of sugar makes 1ml of oil with the terps added in to make it liquid. these places that say they're one gram in 1ml are lying. take 1 gram of any concentrate on the planet heat it up to a liquid and it will make more than 1ml.

start small since it's just for you, put just one or two grams of those diamonds you get in a syringe and add a little liquefier to it, just enough to cover half of the diamonds in the syringe. (use an eye dropper) cover the syringe with your cap, seal it in a jar and set the jar in hot water on the stove. you almost can't overdue it this way. i have left it in there so long i could hear the jar rattling around inside a covered pot because it's boiling and dancing around. this is why it's so important to cover or cork the syringe. it tips in the water sometimes taking it out and you don't want it spilling out into the jar.

get it hot... then open it up and stick the mixer in, careful when turning it on, with new batteries it will spin like hell. careful not to spin it out. if you press against the syringe it will hold back the motor and i use this tension to control the speed of it. you'll learn quick. practice with water first if you're nervous. but get it hot and mix it. if it's melted but thick add some liquifier. it will still look translucent at this point, the air mixed in will make it look unfinished. it's okay, seal it up and put it back on heat for ten minutes or so and you will see the oil turn transparent. if you notice just the very bottom of the syringe is still a little translucent and not cleared then you need a couple more drops of liquifier/ mix it again and let it heat up again, repeat until it's all clear. if it turns clear right from the first time that you may have overshot on how much liquifier you added and probably could have made it stronger, not a problem though because you still get to vape your mistakes!!!

as for a liquifier my favorite is a flavorless terp. there are quite a few good companies out there. i use the one from the terpene store but for some reason their site is down right now and i can't give you link at this time.

View attachment 73259

when you're right on the edge of making them as potent as possible sometimes when it cools down it solids up a bit, this is right on the edge!!! i still smoke them but there is some material left over in the cart that must be cleaned out before filling again. to clean them i use IPA and my vacuum purge pump, just stick the hose right on the end of the cart and it sucks it clean. this last batch cooled down to solid up a bit, could have used another five or six drops of liquifier.

View attachment 73260View attachment 73261

because i use sugar i don't have a consistent product to start with. if i could make distillate it would be much different and could make the perfect batch every time.

i'd love to see what the crystal meth your getting makes for carts.. i bet the liquid could be perfectly clear like water!!! and ya know all the crystal meth we get ( we call it meth because it looks like that! haha) every one i ever had is over 99% thc. i know you don't get lab results but i don't think diamonds that clean can be under 99% i'm jelly about it for sure!!! around here though that stuff is about $75 a gram!!!! i ain't making a $100 cart! i'll just smoke three of my $5 carts and be just as high! hahaha

yes you're correct. in fact you're supposed to remove every stem before the bowl trimmer. it's doesn't do well with stems plus i believe it dulls the cutting blade.

i find the bowl trimmer handy for smaller stuff that you don't want to be hassled with trying to trim with scissors. the very first time i used the bowl was a dry trim and it worked awesome!! i hung the plants whole and a couple weeks later i just popped off the buds by hand into the trimmer and it trims quick when dry, just a couple revolutions each direction and they're done. trims it all in seconds!

then i put the trimmings in a tumbler and pull all the keif from that... nothing wasted.

View attachment 73267

i remember those days of needing it dry quick!!! never went as far as microwaving buds but i have put them under a hot lamp to dry samples at one point... been a while since i needed to do that though... now a harvest is just another grow chore that isn't a priority like it was. you'll be there very soon the rate you're headed at!!!

yes! good call. do not dry your buds that fast if you don't have to... wait it out a week to ten days and it will be so much smoother of a smoke. chances are first few harvests won't get much of a cure before it's all smoked up so a good slow dry is important IMO.

believe me i'm nervous as hell drying this batch in the new dryer in only eight days!!!!! very nervous and hoping i don't mess up a whole harvest!! tomorrow night will be eight full days and friday night we're going to concert with some friends so i'm gonna twist one up of each cultivar and get everybody's opinions on it. 🤞🤞
Ton of great info again. I'm not rushing this first dry. I'm doing my damndest to follow the Temp/RH/Dew Point targets you have shared. I feel no pressure at all. I feel like the responsibility for success or fail is squarely on your shoulders 😈. Just kidding, of course. Govee tells me my average Dew Point has been 55℉ for the last 24hrs. Time for a minor tweak to nudge that down and off to bed.

Enjoy your concert. Had the first of four days of music at the WV fairgrounds today. I'll be whooped by Sunday, lol.

View attachment 73255View attachment 73256

View attachment 73257View attachment 73258

View attachment 73259

View attachment 73260View attachment 73261

View attachment 73267

Ton of great info again. I'm not rushing this first dry. I'm doing my damndest to follow the Temp/RH/Dew Point targets you have shared. I feel no pressure at all. I feel like the responsibility for success or fail is squarely on your shoulders 😈. Just kidding, of course. Govee tells me my average Dew Point has been 55℉ for the last 24hrs. Time for a minor tweak to nudge that down and off to bed.

Enjoy your concert. Had the first of four days of music at the WV fairgrounds today. I'll be whooped by Sunday, lol.

Ton of great info again. I'm not rushing this first dry. I'm doing my damndest to follow the Temp/RH/Dew Point targets you have shared. I feel no pressure at all. I feel like the responsibility for success or fail is squarely on your shoulders 😈.

ya know at first when i read this i got a little nervous, then i went over to my dryer took a couple small buds and rolled up a pinner.. (already knew i was safe at this point) then i started smoking it and i'll tell ya man, if your stash ain't done nicely with those numbers you're running then i'll back it up with my own personal stash my man!!!! yea, i'm that confident! you have been hitting your target numbers since the very beginning and i know for a fact i have not. i have kept notes of everything so Moe can help me with fuzzy logic to correct my spikes and swings. i won't get into how bad my numbers have been off in this post but i will do a full write up this weekend.

but for sure if you're keeping the numbers your stash is going to be primo... now i can't account for your shotty genetics in how they taste!! (touché'!! Just kidding man) :LOL:

you'll be smokin the sweet cheeba cheeba fo show!!!!

smoked a small doob of lemon frosting.. burned clean, never went out, can't speak for the flavor my allergies are killing me right now and i can't breathe through my nose. with that being said i didn't cough either.. and i'm a weed snob, i nose up at flower in general...

002.JPG004.JPG

Govee tells me my average Dew Point has been 55℉ for the last 24hrs.

close enough... how long has it been in there now? how is the smell?

njoy your concert. Had the first of four days of music at the WV fairgrounds today. I'll be whooped by Sunday, lol.

yeah you too man, hope you have great weather!!!!!

ya know at first when i read this i got a little nervous, then i went over to my dryer took a couple small buds and rolled up a pinner.. (already knew i was safe at this point) then i started smoking it and i'll tell ya man, if your stash ain't done nicely with those numbers you're running then i'll back it up with my own personal stash my man!!!! yea, i'm that confident! you have been hitting your target numbers since the very beginning and i know for a fact i have not. i have kept notes of everything so Moe can help me with fuzzy logic to correct my spikes and swings. i won't get into how bad my numbers have been off in this post but i will do a full write up this weekend.
Well, I just opened the tent and the slight disturbance of the air caused all my bud to vaporize into a puff of dust. It's hard to tell from the photos, but I'd say about 14lbs will cover it 🤣. Honestly, I've been making myself leave the tent closed up for a few days.
but for sure if you're keeping the numbers your stash is going to be primo... now i can't account for your shotty genetics in how they taste!! (touché'!! Just kidding man) :LOL:
I've been trying to be patient with adjustments instead of chasing it around all day. Technology is so cool. I found myself checking in on the Govee and AC Infinity apps at the show last night. If I could get lower the basement temps a couple of degrees, I believe I could nail the targeted RH in the tent. I taped the Govee Hygrometer cord a couple inches above the AC Infinity probe to see if they match up. The readings are lining up for both, so far. I can't bitch about genetics, lol. A buddy gifted me this plant and started all of this. The other three are clones that I ordered.

Trends for the past 24hrs:

IMG_7627.pngIMG_7628.pngIMG_7629.png
you'll be smokin the sweet cheeba cheeba fo show!!!!
Can't wait. I'm pretty excited to smoke and see what the yield is.

smoked a small doob of lemon frosting.. burned clean, never went out, can't speak for the flavor my allergies are killing me right now and i can't breathe through my nose. with that being said i didn't cough either.. and i'm a weed snob, i nose up at flower in general...

View attachment 73278View attachment 73279

close enough... how long has it been in there now? how is the smell?
I put it in the tent Monday evening. So, it's only been in there 2.5 days. I'm honestltrying not to open up the tent for another couple of days. The tent and carbon filter are doing a good job controlling odor. My wife has a super sniffer and can smell it, but not too bad. I can't smell it at all, but allergies are hammering me, too. I ordered another carbon filter for the exhaust side.
yeah you too man, hope you have great weather!!!!!
We were under cover in the Ag building, last night. Might be a little damp on the big open air stage this evening. Friday and Saturday are looking good.

Yesterday was a free day for the festival. They had 5 bands playing. One was from the Beckley/Oak Hill area: Alabaster Boxer. I've been looking forward to seeing Willi Carlisle. He didn't disappoint. He's a great storyteller and I love his song writing. This whole thing began in Huntington when they had 26 overdoses in one day. The event raises funds for recovery programs, etc. They have a goal of distributing 10,000 doses of Narcan this week.

Enjoy your shaw and thanks for all of the help.

but I'd say about 14lbs will cover it 🤣

damn we're gonna need a big ass carrier pigeon for that one! :LOL:

I taped the Govee Hygrometer cord a couple inches above the AC Infinity probe to see if they match up. The readings are lining up for both, so far.

i'd take that as a win right there. i can barely get two digital devices to ever agree on any condition!

I can't bitch about genetics, lol. A buddy gifted me this plant and started all of this. The other three are clones that I ordered.

nah, i know man.. i was just being a clown, fresh off the lemon frosting doobie! o_O

I put it in the tent Monday evening. So, it's only been in there 2.5 days. I'm honestltrying not to open up the tent for another couple of days.

nice, i can't stop opening my door a couple times a day. i still need to open once a day to fill the small rez i have in there for the humidifier. i started small so i could accurately measure how much water got used. i thought ehh maybe a few ounces.. yeah right, i'm in a liter and half already!! i have no idea where all the water is going. i have a drain hose to a catch tray and it's bone dry?? a liter and half in like a week,,, crazy!!

This whole thing began in Huntington when they had 26 overdoses in one day. The event raises funds for recovery programs, etc. They have a goal of distributing 10,000 doses of Narcan this week.

thats pretty cool man, we have an area around here called Kensington thats the same way.. the narcan does save lives!!

damn we're gonna need a big ass carrier pigeon for that one! :LOL:

i'd take that as a win right there. i can barely get two digital devices to ever agree on any condition!

nah, i know man.. i was just being a clown, fresh off the lemon frosting doobie! o_O

nice, i can't stop opening my door a couple times a day. i still need to open once a day to fill the small rez i have in there for the humidifier. i started small so i could accurately measure how much water got used. i thought ehh maybe a few ounces.. yeah right, i'm in a liter and half already!! i have no idea where all the water is going. i have a drain hose to a catch tray and it's bone dry?? a liter and half in like a week,,, crazy!!

thats pretty cool man, we have an area around here called Kensington thats the same way.. the narcan does save lives!!
Opened the tent to check on things. Stems are still bendy. The stench is wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom