Stoney's Luv Shack

Only 90? What is Winter here already?

Dangerous and diabolical heat down here man. 104 now but will hold in the 90s overnight. Maybe at 2am it drops below 90. Maybe.
Hoping this hurricane in the Gulf can cool us down a few days and give us a break along with needed rain.
Peppers are loving it though, weirdo plants

View attachment 64644

View attachment 64646

winter he says!!! your funny!!! your outside is what the inside of my polytunnel is... i don't even dare go in there during sun up hours!!!!! garden by headlight only!!! :LOL:

here's my best one at the moment....

005.JPG

My peppers got torched by our 100 degree heat wave. They get sun all day, and it just tore them right up.

mine love those temps... i put a thermometer in my poly tunnel years ago and it broke the first day... i know it's triple digits but not really sure how hot.

that heat is how you get hot peppers real hot!!!

My vote say mouse.

i won't rule it out... a few years ago i had a mouse nest under one earthbox and a snake nest under the one right next to it!!! location location location!!!! :ROFLMAO:

for now the tanglefoot has been working so maybe it is something smarter than a bug.. this is one of those cases where the bigger the glob the better the job!!!! :D

003.JPG

but just in case...

004.JPG

My entire garden is used pot soil lol, I need to feed some calmag tho and I keep forgetting so they're getting fried from that too. The bugs are terrible this year too

man i didn't even have enough leftovers for a garden this year, i just shoveled it off the ground and threw it in the earthboxes with dry nutes.. thats part of the reason i need covers on them, the weeds would take over!!! :ROFLMAO:

rain delays... red flags... uhhhhgggg!!!!!! Brisky coming in hot and takes out the ringer, no more saucy nuggets today... sucks for both of them!!

cleaned out my chest freezer and replaced the seal after i defrosted all the ice. it had gotten pretty bad and the seal finally fell under $100 after being expensive for years now so i hope the ice is done for now..

001.JPG002.JPG

so before i load it back up i'm gonna try to process all my saved trim...

004.JPG

007.JPG

Bandit made me do it!!!! :D :D

ahhhhh yeah!!!! drivers report back to your cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gilliand's crew trying to get his attention when doing the interview,,, hahaha

Literally watched the rain fall on the windshield right after start your engines~!
Only good news is they are 1 hour later than here. So 8:20 is 9:20
Really like the tumbler in the freezer idea for sure.
Spent a good portion of today trimming what is hanging the room.
The room really is perfect at 69/69~!
1 week in and some are not dry enough to paper bag yet~!
Big buds in cannatrol hit day 7/8 and it says they are on hold now so they may be done.

Literally watched the rain fall on the windshield right after start your engines~!
Only good news is they are 1 hour later than here. So 8:20 is 9:20
Really like the tumbler in the freezer idea for sure.
Spent a good portion of today trimming what is hanging the room.
The room really is perfect at 69/69~!
1 week in and some are not dry enough to paper bag yet~!
Big buds in cannatrol hit day 7/8 and it says they are on hold now so they may be done.

no lights there so i guess they won't finish the race. i guess they can't finish it tomorrow with city traffic.. pussies!!! :ROFLMAO:

i was wondering if your eight days was up yet... that's cool you can get your G room so cool with the AC.. i don't think i can even get a single room in my house down to 69 in this heat!

so if the cannatrol buds are done in the next day or so can you load it up with what you have hanging and finish it off in there? can you modify the recipe and just do the dry cycle for one day and the cure for the full four?

Yea I can definitely switch out the canntrol for the stuff in the room.
I need to get the seedlings out of the tent. It stays at 76 with lights on in the tent. I don't even want to know how cold it gets lights off.
Man I hate tents~! I may be down to 16 plants?:rolleyes:
I ordered a trimmer like yours but only 13 inches for $54~!
Should be here tomorrow so I only need to keep trimming the big ones.
I'll do pics when I empty the cannatrol but I don't think the big buds shrunk much.
They don't flatten out like using drying shelfs/ nets either?
All of 90 here today and the unit still stayed at 70f. Really not bad when you think of how it works.

Yea I can definitely switch out the canntrol for the stuff in the room.
I need to get the seedlings out of the tent. It stays at 76 with lights on in the tent. I don't even want to know how cold it gets lights off.
Man I hate tents~! I may be down to 16 plants?:rolleyes:
I ordered a trimmer like yours but only 13 inches for $54~!
Should be here tomorrow so I only need to keep trimming the big ones.
I'll do pics when I empty the cannatrol but I don't think the big buds shrunk much.
They don't flatten out like using drying shelfs/ nets either?
All of 90 here today and the unit still stayed at 70f. Really not bad when you think of how it works.

damn i forgot about your tent in that cold!!! that trimmer is awesome for the small stuff, you're gonna appreciate the speed. and since you have a tumbler and other ways to use that trim from it so it's not terrible if it takes a little too much from the buds, you still get it back in end is how i look at it. you've done a lot of hand trimming so i'm curious to hear what you think of it. for me everything is great until the very end when i clean it all up. i just use a paper towel wet with IPA and quickly wipe everything down. i then judge my waste by how dirty the paper towel is that part i wish i could ignore or forget about. i believe it might be about the same amount i would normally wash off my fingers but maybe i'm fooling myself and the trimmer wastes way more than i think. can't wait to hear what you have to say. maybe the smaller bowl would waste less.

spotters reporting heavy rain again... i think nascar is doing anything it can to just get them to half way no matter what even if it's under yellow... hope not. just reported engines fire in 5 minutes!

something i noticed about putting my tumbler in the freezer and that's the efficiency of it. normally i would run for 24hrs. at 12 i would flip the drum direction and brush it off clean. at the end of the 24 hrs i would get the darker material on the edges signaling me to stop. that photo was from under 12 hours in the freezer.. it was also only a test, that was only two small handfuls of trim so this time i filled it up more and i'll check it sooner. i didn't even scoop up the edges from the test.. eeewwwww!!! :ROFLMAO:

Freezing the herb and keeping it in the freezer should dramatically shorten your tumble time.
What you get past XX minutes is not the same quality or material as in the beginning with fresh material.
Smoke tumbles for like 12 minutes total~!
He said 1.5% return on 12 minutes.
I would tumble for a short time like that and then separate all that kief before tumbling longer.
It is like 80 proof versus 40 proof as an example.
Tumbling longer without separating the kief is just diluting it back to bud almost?

Can't believe it rains after a beautiful weekend there.
If they had started earlier [when they had the concert] they would have gotten halfway legitimately.
Poor Bandit~! Briscy his boy takes out SVG his choice~!
That has to hurt~!:oops:

Freezing the herb and keeping it in the freezer should dramatically shorten your tumble time.
What you get past XX minutes is not the same quality or material as in the beginning with fresh material.
Smoke tumbles for like 12 minutes total~!
He said 1.5% return on 12 minutes.
I would tumble for a short time like that and then separate all that kief before tumbling longer.
It is like 80 proof versus 40 proof as an example.
Tumbling longer without separating the kief is just diluting it back to bud almost?

Can't believe it rains after a beautiful weekend there.
If they had started earlier [when they had the concert] they would have gotten halfway legitimately.
Poor Bandit~! Briscy his boy takes out SVG his choice~!
That has to hurt~!:oops:

ya know when i first joined here i noticed how many people used tumblers, the second thing i noticed was wow look how short of run times. i do notice the shade change after the first 30 minutes but i guess i'm just not that picky. i squish it all anyway, i never smoke it in that form.

but i love how you refence moonshine proof!!

when it rains it pours!

This race is an asshole😇

yep, regardless of the winner it's already ruined. exactly why you never fly through chicago in the winter!!!! weather will get you every time!!! i bet you're really liking your decision to no go this year!

larson in hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i squish it all anyway, i never smoke it in that form.
So than it doesn't matter as much at all, just like I said to Bandit. The press separates it.
If you were to smoke the kief you would enjoy the first couple minutes more than all the rest added up.
Tumblers do not save the best for last. For such a simple principal it gets right to the good stuff fast.

YUP~! 😁

Larson hit hard like he was dodging a dog?
He was way too fast going in.

not even trying to turn!! he has those total brain fart moments too much.

So than it doesn't matter as much at all, just like I said to Bandit. The press separates it.
If you were to smoke the kief you would enjoy the first couple minutes more than all the rest added up.
Tumblers do not save the best for last. For such a simple principal it gets right to the good stuff fast.

a good set of sifting screens would be a different story, i'd be smoking that without pressing it. thats a lot of luv right there though... not just loading a drum and plugging it in.

a good set of sifting screens would be a different story, i'd be smoking that without pressing it. thats a lot of luv right there though... not just loading a drum and plugging it in.
I agree. I have a 4 piece screen set but you know.
Slacker~! 😁

thats funny stuff man!!!!!

lets give an honorable mention for Christopher Bell at the end..

giphy.webp

along with Denny Hamlins day...

giphy.webp

and josh berry didn't have such a good finish either...

giphy.webp

:LOL:

And how about Noah Gragson and his pit crew in the tent during that red flag interview?
IDK if I was looking at a race team or band of pirates!

01hvv6rkqj664rf35zqw.jpg

From today's fan chat on reddit with Briscoe....

View attachment 64939
View attachment 64940

yeah that all makes sense, larson was lacking grip and used his brake bios to try and help. he was opposite of Briscoe and had heavy front brake. when the crew told him to try it he said yea i did, i'm up two full rounds now. i bet that's why he locked up the front end.

rain tires are cool and all that they let them race but it's not great racing in the wet weather. sucks it's not a track so they can't just delay that race. maybe one of these years they'll get the whole race in there.

Flipped!!!

lights now at 50%

002.JPG003.JPG

this one here didn't make the cut... she'll have to spend her days outside like a junkyard dawg....

007.JPG

and this one here just straight up got cut...

001.JPG

stay in the shade!!!!!!!!!!

yeah that all makes sense, larson was lacking grip and used his brake bios to try and help. he was opposite of Briscoe and had heavy front brake. when the crew told him to try it he said yea i did, i'm up two full rounds now. i bet that's why he locked up the front end.

rain tires are cool and all that they let them race but it's not great racing in the wet weather. sucks it's not a track so they can't just delay that race. maybe one of these years they'll get the whole race in there.

Dry, I think that could be one of the better races of the year. But wet and with such poor drainage especially along Michigan Blvd needs to be addressed.
And maybe start the race early so we're not dealing with darkness and shortening the race., That's what really gets me more than anything and why I didn't go. $450/seat and might not even get to see the full 65 laps. That's like going to see Primus without the encore set!!! We saw how good the NXS race was dry and ran the ful number of laps. I expected cup to be like that but about 10MPH faster 🙃
It sounds like the crosswalk paint really created some sketchy moments. And I'm sure painting them black so they're camo didn't help either.

I got decimated in the pool. Really got pants out of contention over the past 3-4 races. So cheers on that buddy. We can both hang out in the cellar and curse the leaderboard and hope all those drivers DNF.

But good news...I'm only 66 points away in fan rewards to claim a 3 piece BBQ knife set and I should have those points as early as Friday night's truck race! So I've got that going for me which is nice 😋

Flipped!!!

lights now at 50%

View attachment 65045View attachment 65046

this one here didn't make the cut... she'll have to spend her days outside like a junkyard dawg....

View attachment 65048

and this one here just straight up got cut...

View attachment 65047

stay in the shade!!!!!!!!!!

Gymnastics-flips-come-at-me.gif

Best of luck on this venture Buddy! I hope no veg pays off as well for you as it does me!!!🤘

So do you know where you got the Tropicana Cherry from?

Dry, I think that could be one of the better races of the year. But wet and with such poor drainage especially along Michigan Blvd needs to be addressed.
And maybe start the race early so we're not dealing with darkness and shortening the race., That's what really gets me more than anything and why I didn't go. $450/seat and might not even get to see the full 65 laps. That's like going to see Primus without the encore set!!! We saw how good the NXS race was dry and ran the ful number of laps. I expected cup to be like that but about 10MPH faster 🙃
It sounds like the crosswalk paint really created some sketchy moments. And I'm sure painting them black so they're camo didn't help either.

I got decimated in the pool. Really got pants out of contention over the past 3-4 races. So cheers on that buddy. We can both hang out in the cellar and curse the leaderboard and hope all those drivers DNF.

But good news...I'm only 66 points away in fan rewards to claim a 3 piece BBQ knife set and I should have those points as early as Friday night's truck race! So I've got that going for me which is nice 😋

View attachment 65152

Best of luck on this venture Buddy! I hope no veg pays off as well for you as it does me!!!🤘

there was quite a bit of standing water now that you mention it. and what was with that foam, looked like a detergent or soap, thats gotta get slick!!!!

i don't understand why nascar doesn't add a layer of grit on top of their wet paint.. it would solve all paint problems that they've had for a long time.

Pocono this weekend!!!!! thinking about going.. infield though, i'm not frying like bacon on those metal seats!!!

So do you know where you got the Tropicana Cherry from?

i got that from Anthem. he sent me a clone.

They got that rocket mode switch turned on.
You can train or top or do whatever all the way up to cotton balls. It's those ones with aggressive side branching that can be tricky. Top those and they go wide choking out neighbors. Leave them alone and some will self top but by trimming lower growth you can turn them into a manageable Xmas tree structure and they'll stay in their lane.
Even though light is 12/12 they'll still veg out at a high growth rate for two weeks

They got that rocket mode switch turned on.
You can train or top or do whatever all the way up to cotton balls. It's those ones with aggressive side branching that can be tricky. Top those and they go wide choking out neighbors. Leave them alone and some will self top but by trimming lower growth you can turn them into a manageable Xmas tree structure and they'll stay in their lane.
Even though light is 12/12 they'll still veg out at a high growth rate for two weeks

i figure i'll need to clean up that lower growth in the next two weeks. just seeing some pistils now.

so far i like all the structure. one of the lemon frosting is a little leggy and got a lot of side growth compared to the others but not enough for me to worry about yet.

i started thinking about support because once they get so big and delicate i won't be able to get to all of them so i printed out some brackets that hold a piece of pvc pipe and lets it slide up and down. then i put some hooks in the pvc and hung like eight of them inside the cabinet.

008.JPG009.JPG

now i have a wide mouth net that i can adjust up and down as needed...

011.JPG

🙃🙂🙃

Back
Top Bottom