What's Cookin?

so i went to the store to buy bananas and mozzarella sticks.... yea... $60 later... 😆 😆

View attachment 60783

sadly no sticks but we got triangles baby!!!!!

View attachment 60784

and i'm afraid to look and see what i paid for this tiny bag but i wasn;t leaving the store without it!!!

View attachment 60785

time to make a chicken cheesesteak and motz triangles!!!!

Those London broils?
I saw mozza cheese sticks at costco the other day but I don't think I need 5lbs of them. 😋
You ever try to make them with your air fryer?
Just get string cheese sticks then do a dry wet dry breading and air fry to golden brown. Best thing about DIY is you can make 'em spicy, cajun, or herb crusted.

Say man I need your help with a project on my pellet grill if you have some free time to look it over.
I wanna install a hydro system float valve from my old ebbNgro system in the hopper of my pellet grill.
When the float valves drops, I want it to trigger a flashing light and buzzer so I know when the hopper is running low without looking since I often forget to keep checking it during a cookout.

So here's the type of float valve I have. It can handle up to 100volt DC so I'm thinking this will be a 12volt DC wiring harness.

51vNCTwZm8L._AC_SL1001_.jpg

And here are the parts I have in my cart that I think will work for this

120volt to 12volt converter. I'd like to tap into the mother board of the grill for power so it only has one power cord but if needed I can power this separately. I can take pics of the motherboard as well so you can see if that would work.
I'll also need to know how to wire this all up together because I'm not sure if my thinking about how to do that is 100% accurate.

Here's the type of light I want it to have

And here's the buzzer

Those London broils?
I saw mozza cheese sticks at costco the other day but I don't think I need 5lbs of them. 😋
Just get string cheese sticks then do a dry wet dry breading and air fry to golden brown. Best thing about DIY is you can make 'em spicy, cajun, or herb crusted.

Say man I need your help with a project on my pellet grill if you have some free time to look it over.
I wanna install a hydro system float valve from my old ebbNgro system in the hopper of my pellet grill.
When the float valves drops, I want it to trigger a flashing light and buzzer so I know when the hopper is running low without looking since I often forget to keep checking it during a cookout.

So here's the type of float valve I have. It can handle up to 100volt DC so I'm thinking this will be a 12volt DC wiring harness.

View attachment 60901

120volt to 12volt converter. I'd like to tap into the mother board of the grill for power so it only has one power cord but if needed I can power this separately. I can take pics of the motherboard as well so you can see if that would work.
I'll also need to know how to wire this all up together because I'm not sure if my thinking about how to do that is 100% accurate.

And here's the buzzer

easier than pie my man!!!! it's funny though as i'm reading i'm picturing in my head my red swirly light on top and what do ya know when i click the link it's a red swirly light!!!!! hahahaha

yeah man, get me a photo of the power situation, we don't want a separate cord because i'd prolly pick one with a wall wart!!! :ROFLMAO:

do you happen to have a multi meter to measure voltages?

i reheated those with my airfryer, gotta be careful though, deep frying you can watch them and know when to take them out, my airfryer has no window!!!! hehe .. heated the sauce in the nuker!!!!

easier than pie my man!!!! it's funny though as i'm reading i'm picturing in my head my red swirly light on top and what do ya know when i click the link it's a red swirly light!!!!! hahahaha

yeah man, get me a photo of the power situation, we don't want a separate cord because i'd prolly pick one with a wall wart!!! :ROFLMAO:

do you happen to have a multi meter to measure voltages?

i reheated those with my airfryer, gotta be careful though, deep frying you can watch them and know when to take them out, my airfryer has no window!!!! hehe .. heated the sauce in the nuker!!!!

I ordered everything plus a multi meter yesterday.
I took slow shipping for $6 in digital credits and it looks like the light might take about a week to arrive.
Good timing too because it's time for me to open up the BBQ and clear the auger and do a deep clean maintenance on it so when I do that I'll get pics of the motherboard.

Taco fest is one of the best in a while....

The barbacoa came out super good and very rich in flavor. Not really authentic having not been cooked in an earthen oven and using beef cheeks but the marinade, the short ribs, and the wagyu chuck braised and smoked for about 8 hours still did a fantastic job. This style I'd put it somewhere between barbacoa and birria.

IMG_7296[1].jpeg

The chicken came out really good too. I thought the pickled jalapeno juice would make way spicier than it did but still came out with great flavor. I rubbedf it down with fajita seasoning and grilled it

IMG_7300[1].jpeg

The seared ahi was just incredible. Sushi grade steak and that soak in sesame oil and teriyaki just hit

IMG_7298[2].jpeg

So I made barbacoa, onion, cilantro, and lime tacos....ahi tuna, slaw, mango pico de gallo tacos... and chicken fajita, onion, cotija, cilantro, & habanero tacos plated with rice and beans.
Not pictured was the app which was raw oyster cocktails. It got eaten so fast I forgot the camera 😋

IMG_7295[1].jpeg

IMG_7293[1].jpeg

I ordered everything plus a multi meter yesterday.
I took slow shipping for $6 in digital credits and it looks like the light might take about a week to arrive.
Good timing too because it's time for me to open up the BBQ and clear the auger and do a deep clean maintenance on it so when I do that I'll get pics of the motherboard.

Taco fest is one of the best in a while....

The barbacoa came out super good and very rich in flavor. Not really authentic having not been cooked in an earthen oven and using beef cheeks but the marinade, the short ribs, and the wagyu chuck braised and smoked for about 8 hours still did a fantastic job. This style I'd put it somewhere between barbacoa and birria.

View attachment 61005

The chicken came out really good too. I thought the pickled jalapeno juice would make way spicier than it did but still came out with great flavor. I rubbedf it down with fajita seasoning and grilled it

View attachment 61007

The seared ahi was just incredible. Sushi grade steak and that soak in sesame oil and teriyaki just hit

View attachment 61006

So I made barbacoa, onion, cilantro, and lime tacos....ahi tuna, slaw, mango pico de gallo tacos... and chicken fajita, onion, cotija, cilantro, & habanero tacos plated with rice and beans.
Not pictured was the app which was raw oyster cocktails. It got eaten so fast I forgot the camera 😋

View attachment 61004

View attachment 61003
That looks soooo good. And I’m a very fussy/picky eater. 🤤

Those London broils?

View attachment 60901

And here's the buzzer

I'd get a light that is the same voltage as the buzzer, and matching power supply. Also, you want to make sure the float closes the circuit when it is down, not up, but this could be switched with a relay if necessary.

Those London broils?

View attachment 60901

And here's the buzzer

I'd get a light that is the same voltage as the buzzer, and matching power supply. Also, you want to make sure the float closes the circuit when it is down, not up, but this could be switched with a relay if necessary.

nice catch Beans!!!! i never even noticed that it was battery op!!!! the float i'm not concerned with, he's not using it with water but with gravity so we can flip it upside down.

Bandit, i'm sorry man i never caught that strobe light being run on battery and not 12vdc... if you can still cancel that it would save you a return..

this one would be better. and has the buzzer built in. no wiring or mounting a buzzer...

>> edit>> Bandit, actually we should really wait to get the light and buzzer till we measure the voltages coming off the power supply first. ya know maybe we just get the 110Vac version then it could be part of it's own circuit and not lean on the power supply made for the cooker. we could tap off of the main board where the 110vac comes in and not even bother with 12v... you'd still only plug in one power cord..

if we do that then get this one instead...

Last edited:

nice catch Beans!!!! i never even noticed that it was battery op!!!! the float i'm not concerned with, he's not using it with water but with gravity so we can flip it upside down.

Bandit, i'm sorry man i never caught that strobe light being run on battery and not 12vdc... if you can still cancel that it would save you a return..

this one would be better. and has the buzzer built in. no wiring or mounting a buzzer...

if we do that then get this one instead...

Correct the float can be used up or down and that's how they're arranged in a bucket controller with two controlling fill and two controlling drain.
Nice catch on the light! I actually meant to order a different one just to avoid the battery deal but linked that one by mistake.
I cancelled it and ordered that one with the buzzer already in it.

The other buzzers I'll simply return, too late to cancel, but that's really nothing since the return UPS store is a short walk a block away.
Everything else will be here tomorrow including the new light

Thanks for Y'alls help guys!!!

Correct the float can be used up or down and that's how they're arranged in a bucket controller with two controlling fill and two controlling drain.
Nice catch on the light! I actually meant to order a different one just to avoid the battery deal but linked that one by mistake.
I cancelled it and ordered that one with the buzzer already in it.

The other buzzers I'll simply return, too late to cancel, but that's really nothing since the return UPS store is a short walk a block away.
Everything else will be here tomorrow including the new light

Thanks for Y'alls help guys!!!

check my edit man^^^ if you get the 110vac versin it would not put any strain on the cookers power supply and be easier.

question, your cooker doesn't have a wall wart or transformer in the power cord like a laptop does it?

check my edit man^^^ if you get the 110vac versin it would not put any strain on the cookers power supply and be easier.

question, your cooker doesn't have a wall wart or transformer in the power cord like a laptop does it?

Got it!
So with that I can also send back those 120 to 12 volt converters correct?

Sweet!
That makes it a $15 project instead of a $45 project with spare parts I won't need 🥳

right!! hey does you smoker have a name and model that i could maybe find some info online about? maybe an online parts guide or assembly?

Sure does!

The manual is in PDF and the wiring diagram is down at the bottom so you'll have to scroll past all the assembly parts

Bandit when you open up the controller board keep in mind you will need two new wires to come out of the enclosure so look for an existing grommet or strain relief that you can piggy back out with or if you're forced to drill a new hole just make sure you clean up any sharp edges. remember you're working with 110ac so high voltage rules apply. if you don't have a sealing grommet you might want to squirt a little rtv or caulk around it to keep out moisture.

so you're beacon/buzzer will have a red wire and a black wire. you want to connect the black wire to one of the float wires. the other float wire you want to connect to J4 where the existing harness will have a white wire going to it. either solder to the connection if possible or splice the white wire. (make sure the smoker is unplugged from power!!) then connect the red wire of the beacon to J5 where the factory black wire connects. if it's a spade or "stay-con" connector you can get piggy backs or cut off and crimp a new one on with both wires inside. (below)

here's a crude drawing...

Screenshot 2024-06-10 142420.jpg

this is a stay-con (spade) piggyback...

61g2tZB0KqL._SL1500_.jpg

you'll know what you're up against once you open the controller up...

Bandit when you open up the controller board keep in mind you will need two new wires to come out of the enclosure so look for an existing grommet or strain relief that you can piggy back out with or if you're forced to drill a new hole just make sure you clean up any sharp edges. remember you're working with 110ac so high voltage rules apply. if you don't have a sealing grommet you might want to squirt a little rtv or caulk around it to keep out moisture.

so you're beacon/buzzer will have a red wire and a black wire. you want to connect the black wire to one of the float wires. the other float wire you want to connect to J4 where the existing harness will have a white wire going to it. either solder to the connection if possible or splice the white wire. (make sure the smoker is unplugged from power!!) then connect the red wire of the beacon to J5 where the factory black wire connects. if it's a spade or "stay-con" connector you can get piggy backs or cut off and crimp a new one on with both wires inside. (below)

here's a crude drawing...

View attachment 61164

this is a stay-con (spade) piggyback...

61g2tZB0KqL._SL1500_.jpg

you'll know what you're up against once you open the controller up...
E-Engineer?

i have a degree in electrical and in mechanical engineering.. now i wash cars and grow weed, funny how life's path can take us... in my previous life i was one of these guys 😆

View attachment 61165

I got all the parts in for my project including that metal float switch. I'm pretty sure the one I already have is DC.
I'll crack open the BBQ tomorrow more than likely and get it going.

In the meantime......

Since breakfast doesn't get much attention in this thread I'll post up my bfast from yesterday...
Migas!!!!!
So migas are what I make with leftover taco fixins and bottom of the bag busted up almost and even a little stale tortilla chips.
There really is no wrong way to make migas. You pretty much just clean out the fridge of things that are about ready to be tossed out but still good. Tomatoes, onions, peppers, old cheese that hasn't gotten moldy yet, few days old taco meat. You get the picture.

Whip up a bunch of eggs like your gonna make an omelette, toss in all that stuff, make sure the chips are all crumbled up, and scramble the fuck out of it over high heat.
Garnish with some chopped avocado, maybe some rooster sauce, and use up any old tortillas too to make a bfast taco.
Great way to clear out the fridge for new groceries and also have a delicious TexMex breakfast!

IMG_7310[1].jpeg

I got all the parts in for my project including that metal float switch. I'm pretty sure the one I already have is DC.
I'll crack open the BBQ tomorrow more than likely and get it going.

In the meantime......

Since breakfast doesn't get much attention in this thread I'll post up my bfast from yesterday...
Migas!!!!!
So migas are what I make with leftover taco fixins and bottom of the bag busted up almost and even a little stale tortilla chips.
There really is no wrong way to make migas. You pretty much just clean out the fridge of things that are about ready to be tossed out but still good. Tomatoes, onions, peppers, old cheese that hasn't gotten moldy yet, few days old taco meat. You get the picture.

Whip up a bunch of eggs like your gonna make an omelette, toss in all that stuff, make sure the chips are all crumbled up, and scramble the fuck out of it over high heat.
Garnish with some chopped avocado, maybe some rooster sauce, and use up any old tortillas too to make a bfast taco.
Great way to clear out the fridge for new groceries and also have a delicious TexMex breakfast!

View attachment 61459

looks great man!!! i was sold at eggs!!!

my new chickens started laying yesterday!!! this is the place i got them from... that's a whole lot of side eye!!! :ROFLMAO:

20240525_094138.jpg

sweet that you got the parts man!! glad you got the beefier float.

so did ya test the beacon out yet? you can test it out with an old suicide cord or like i'd do, i'd just carefully jam the wires in your outlet to test it out. if your nervous use a powerstrip or gfi outlet where you can switch it off while you jam em in there.. don't matter which one goes where, AC doesn't have polarity. and don't jump when it starts going beep beep beep!!! :ROFLMAO:

if ya wanna get fancy dry wire the float in and test out the whole circuit first...

My new internet voyeur is reddit, r/stonerfood.
Some stoners eat some really awesome things and other I'm like dude, that's gonna get you sick!

But from my observations most stoners seem to bake and eat CC cookies, grilled cheese sammys, steaks and some kind of Asian bowl concoction.
The ones that really stand out are the grilled cheese sammies.
What is it with potheads being able to make the worlds best perfectly grilled oooey gooey cheese sammy?

Back
Top Bottom