What's Cookin?

Me too but I went nuts and added a leftover air fried chicken filet so as I was scrolling I was eating a fried chicken and gravy grilled cheese high AF!

mmm comfort food!!!! my fridge is loaded with leftover comfort food right now.. fried chicken, today i slow cooked a cajun turkey breast, ham steaks, chicken breasts, and like nine kinds of cheese!!!!!!! hehe

my theme song is you made me freakin hungry!!!!! :love:

View attachment 62017

Looks great Buddy!

Well turns out the float switch and alarm on my pellet hopper aint gonna happen. ☹️
I didn't realize it but when I emptied the hopper and cleaned it out I saw the hopper is double hulled. The outside hull is flat and square but the inner hull is sloped and conical so the float would not be able to be set level and I'm not even sure the shaft is long enough to go thru both walls.
I set up a return on all the parts already.
I guess I'll just try and use an Alexa reminder to check the hopper for my next long cookout to make sure it won't go empty during a cook

My new internet voyeur is reddit, r/stonerfood.
Some stoners eat some really awesome things and other I'm like dude, that's gonna get you sick!

But from my observations most stoners seem to bake and eat CC cookies, grilled cheese sammys, steaks and some kind of Asian bowl concoction.
The ones that really stand out are the grilled cheese sammies.
What is it with potheads being able to make the worlds best perfectly grilled oooey gooey cheese sammy?
Try Cole's Cheese Texas Toast or Garlic Texas Toast for the bread.

Looks great Buddy!

Well turns out the float switch and alarm on my pellet hopper aint gonna happen. ☹️
I didn't realize it but when I emptied the hopper and cleaned it out I saw the hopper is double hulled. The outside hull is flat and square but the inner hull is sloped and conical so the float would not be able to be set level and I'm not even sure the shaft is long enough to go thru both walls.
I set up a return on all the parts already.
I guess I'll just try and use an Alexa reminder to check the hopper for my next long cookout to make sure it won't go empty during a cook

ah man... i never even looked at the hopper in the book at all, i was so focused on the wiring side...

could you use a barrel float like this and bring it in from the top?

this is too cool of a project for me to just give up on that quick!!! i've been imagining the beeper being so loud that it annoys your neighbor and they come over and fill the hopper for ya!!!! :D

A lot of veggies inside a chick pea flour pancake. I've made them a few times and they're surprisingly good. Of course if you pour red-eyed gravy or maple syrup over them...that would never hurt nobody none.20240625_120935.jpg

A lot of veggies inside a chick pea flour pancake. I've made them a few times and they're surprisingly good. Of course if you pour red-eyed gravy or maple syrup over them...that would never hurt nobody none.View attachment 63002
I used to love mom’s potato pancakes. Been a loooong time.

This is new to me. Wife doesn’t like pancakes but she loves chickpeas. I’ll have to mention this. 👍

This is new to me. Wife doesn’t like pancakes but she loves chickpeas. I’ll have to mention this. 👍

thats what they reminded me of too.... mmmm shredded potatoes, flour, corn, spinach... a little sour cream on top!!! hell yeah!!

This time I added even more spices and shredded zucchini+ 2 handfuls of spinach. Sour tomato/pickled anything relish chutney all good.

Pulled a 4 pack of spinalis from the deep freeze day before yesterday...

IMG_7405[1].jpeg

Thawed in fridge overnight and last night seasoned them with worsteshire, black pepper, and garlic powder.
Did a reverse sear out on the grill cooking at 275 for almost an hour then finishing them with the flame thrower.
Unwrapped and cut up into bite size chunks then topped with a home made Oscar topping for a little surf n turf action.
That flavor of tender smoky rich steak and crab just hit!!!

IMG_7412[1].jpeg

Beating the heat with medicinal cherry smoothies!
Frozen cherries for the antiinflammatory, plain yogurt for the probiotics, and alkaline water for hydration. Enjoy with cannabis :cool:

IMG_7431[1].jpeg

IMG_7432[1].jpeg

Beating the heat with medicinal cherry smoothies!
Frozen cherries for the antiinflammatory, plain yogurt for the probiotics, and alkaline water for hydration. Enjoy with cannabis :cool:

View attachment 63601

View attachment 63602

My wife makes us these at least once a week in the summer. Raspberry, strawberry, mango, pineapple and bananas.

Whipped cream and other toppings optional.

My wife makes us these at least once a week in the summer. Raspberry, strawberry, mango, pineapple and bananas.

Whipped cream and other toppings optional.

Yep I have 3 different frozen fruit bags..1 mixed berry, 1 cherry, and 1 is mango, pineapple and other fruit for a breakfast blend. I'll add banana and or use apple juice and other fruit juices. Tend to use yogurt for the creamy and stay away from sweet cream and ice cream.
I'd say I have about 4-5 /week during the hot months

i'm still on that crab topped steak up there^^^ must of looked at that pic a half a dozen times now!!!

picked up all the stuff needed to make some SV strawberry cheesecakes...

made some ribs the other day but never made a photo op... best i got was lunch leftovers yesterday!!

001.JPG

i'm still on that crab topped steak up there^^^ must of looked at that pic a half a dozen times now!!!

picked up all the stuff needed to make some SV strawberry cheesecakes...

made some ribs the other day but never made a photo op... best i got was lunch leftovers yesterday!!

View attachment 63611

Tomorrow I'm making another batch of that crab topping but will use it on blackened & grilled tilapia fillets.
I need to go back to the store and grab some more of that crab. It was on sale from $18 to $11 per half pound lump crab and I bought two but now I wanna clear that shelf at that price.
It came out so dang good and when it got cold overnight in the fridge, made an awesome crab dip.
There's several ways to do an Oscar topping but I like the cream style most and used this recipe. You could also make it with shrimp or crawfish. It's super ez and fast to make too. What this makes would probably be worth a $100+ in Oscar topping at any decent steak house

Blackened tilapia topped with crab oscar then topped again with blackened shrimp over a bed of white rice with corn and poblano

IMG_7447[1].jpeg

Have a happy 4th all! My wife and kids return from visiting her family in Florida tomorrow, can't wait to see them.

I cooked up a big spread for my crew at work today. 10lbs of bbq butts, slaw, tater salad, deviled eggs, two kinds of bbq sauce, Rice Crispy treats and watermelon. They cleaned me out. Safe to say there ain't shit getting done this afternoon lol.

Have a happy 4th all! My wife and kids return from visiting her family in Florida tomorrow, can't wait to see them.

I cooked up a big spread for my crew at work today. 10lbs of bbq butts, slaw, tater salad, deviled eggs, two kinds of bbq sauce, Rice Crispy treats and watermelon. They cleaned me out. Safe to say there ain't shit getting done this afternoon lol.
Hell yeah, I gotta get a job working for you 🤣
Happy 4th brother

Now that's how to level up as a boss!!!

Happy 4th back at you buddy!
4th of July is by far my favorite holiday of the year so I went grocery shopping this morning for supplies.
We're doing a Texas sized throw-down tomorrow with brisket, dino ribs, quail stuffed bacon wrapped jalapenos, garlic sausage, melon fruit, banana pudding pie, and lots of ice cold beer!

IMG_7483[1].jpeg

Never heard of dino ribs. How are they different from normal beef ribs?

Dino ribs are from the same lower plate area of the steer's rib cage where beef short ribs would come from. The dino size however come from the 6-10 bones on the ribs cage down there.
Your common beef ribs will be coming from the upper part of the rib cage about midway up to near the back bone.

420 on the clock, i'll smoke to that!!!

just about to slice into a watermelon myself in a few minutes!!!! no dino ribs though... just plain ol baby backs tonight!!!!

i had to come back quick to drop this photo.....

hot damn!!!!

View attachment 64306
Watermelon is one of those foods I really want to love. Who doesn't want to spit seeds? Although I see you chose no beans in yours.

But last time I tried it I spit it back out. Started looking around. Wife asks what are you looking for? I said I need one of the dogs. I gotta lick it's ass to get this taste out of my mouth.

Same with cucumbers. :sick:🤢🤮

i had to come back quick to drop this photo.....

hot damn!!!!

View attachment 64306

That's a damn good looking watermelon!🤤
Say if watermelons are seedless, how do they make new watermelons?😋

We were kinda having a bad run on watermelons to start the warm season. Just lacked the flavor and I also noticed not many had the yellow spot from sitting on the ground so I think they were harvesting too early. Now that we're in the thick of the season and it's hot AF, the melons are coming in with the yellow spot. I look for the ones with the biggest spot in the batch, give it a knock, and have been getting some really good ones finally

Back
Top Bottom