What's Cookin?

Highly approved!!!
We do it with black beans and corn but yeah a bean and corn salsa is Muy Bueno!!!

it's funny, i was gonna specify black beans. i went looking at "austin slasa recipes" and none had beans... i thought for sure i was in for an ass whoopin!! :ROFLMAO: or get busted on for my crushed mushy tomatoes at the very least!!! :LOL:

alright chickens are taking their sweet ass time to lay eggs... gonna have to eat yesterdays eggs... eeewwwww!!! :ROFLMAO:

Got these delivered yesterday and am so excited!!!
Tomorrow's Sunday dinner will be steaks and I'm gonna make a chimichurri with the hatch chile oil and peppers from the garden to put on those steaks

IMG_7559[1].jpeg

RHUBARB, plums, black grapes, apples, cranberries, plum(no sugar just jam) compote. Wife bought some beautiful USA plums (2 different kinds). Mixed a couple of hershey bits in with yoghurt

Attachments

• 20240713_193830.jpg
    20240713_193830.jpg
    405.9 KB · Views: 1
I'll have to look for em next time I'm out. My wife got me addicted to Stubbs bbq sauce. I like the sweet heat and sticky sweet 😋

this is my all time favorite BBQ sauce brand....

their peach bourbon sauce is to die for!

Sounds like I pissed in your Cheerios there huh? :ROFLMAO:
I hate pickles and all things pickle related. The bastard who put pickles on chicken sandwhiches, and ruined ALL places that sell chicken sandwiches needs to be quadruple nut punched by Mike Tyson....
Disgusting 🤮

RHUBARB, plums, black grapes, apples, cranberries, plum(no sugar just jam) compote. Wife bought some beautiful USA plums (2 different kinds). Mixed a couple of hershey bits in with yoghurt
I miss having rhubarb in the garden. Didn’t eat it often but a few pies here/there were great. Used to break off a stock/leaf and stuff it into the sugar bowl then bite it off. Until mom found out. 🤣

You've heard of patty melts but have you heard of a pickle melt?

View attachment 66022

Made with dill rubbed cheese, little dijon in there, and Grillo's pickles on a cast iron griddle

View attachment 66023
That’s a maybe. Wife would probably love it but don’t always like the things I like to eat mixed together.

It’s got promise so I’d try it once. 👍

I hate pickles and all things pickle related. The bastard who put pickles on chicken sandwhiches, and ruined ALL places that sell chicken sandwiches needs to be quadruple nut punched by Mike Tyson....
Disgusting 🤮
I don’t like most pickles on my sandwiches or hamburgers. But on a Harvey’s burger I get two big slices of dill and have them crisscross the top.

Most other times I feel like a pickle it’s on the side. Same with a big pickled hot pepper. I just take a bite of the pickle or pepper before I bite the sandwich.

Disgusting 🤮

It's a Southern thing so you wouldn't understand:cool:

That’s a maybe. Wife would probably love it but don’t always like the things I like to eat mixed together.

It’s got promise so I’d try it once. 👍

My wife is cautious when I do grilled cheese. I always use grown up cheeses like gouda and gruyere and she likes it 8 year kid old style with processed American slices that aren't even real cheese. Then she'll taste mine and steal it so I have to make more:rolleyes:

I don’t like most pickles on my sandwiches or hamburgers. But on a Harvey’s burger I get two big slices of dill and have them crisscross the top.

Most other times I feel like a pickle it’s on the side. Same with a big pickled hot pepper. I just take a bite of the pickle or pepper before I bite the sandwich.

Pickles make the burger!! That's just science!!!
Like the Jimmy Buffett song goes..." I like mine with lettuce and tomato, Heinz 57 and French fried potatoes, big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer well good God almighty which way do I steer!"

It's a Southern thing so you wouldn't understand:cool:
Well you're nasty pickle sandwiches are all up the east coast. It's just not appetizing at all, same with green dill soaked chicken. Gross.

My wife is cautious when I do grilled cheese. I always use grown up cheeses like gouda and gruyere and she likes it 8 year kid old style with processed American slices that aren't even real cheese. Then she'll taste mine and steal it so I have to make more:rolleyes:
Mines the same. Old cheddar, Gouda, Havarti, or even Swiss. Bacon may or may not be added.

She’s less adventurous until she samples mine.

Pickles make the burger!! That's just science!!!
Depends on the burger and pickle imo but I’ll try as long as it’s not a crappy sweet pickle.

Like the Jimmy Buffett song goes..." I like mine with lettuce and tomato, Heinz 57 and French fried potatoes, big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer well good God almighty which way do I steer!"
I haven’t used ketchup since I was 11. Just stopped liking it. I use mustard now. Otherwise I agree 100%.

Mines the same. Old cheddar, Gouda, Havarti, or even Swiss. Bacon may or may not be added.

She’s less adventurous until she samples mine.

Depends on the burger and pickle imo but I’ll try as long as it’s not a crappy sweet pickle.

I haven’t used ketchup since I was 11. Just stopped liking it. I use mustard now. Otherwise I agree 100%.

Sweet pickles are an abomination. Gotta be dill and the more sour it makes you pucker like sucking on a lemon the better.
At my work we keep them stocked in the chiller at the nutrition center and also have a spicy version. When they're ice cold like that I'll eat them all Summer long for a snack.

Plain ketchup is trash but add something like sriracha, black pepper, or tobasco and now you're talking. Mayo and fries is good too but the mayo needs to be turned into more of an aioli than just plain mayo. Black garlic and black pepper in heavy amounts can usually do the trick

Hmmm... Maybe mash some sardines and a slice of onion in there...

I practically lived on sardines, hot sauce, and crackers when on field training exercises in the Army. Couldn't stand MRE's and we only got a hot meal for dinner, maybe sometimes breakfast if we were in a position for a few days.
But since then I haven't had a single sardine for almost 30 years :p

I practically lived on sardines, hot sauce, and crackers when on field training exercises in the Army. Couldn't stand MRE's and we only got a hot meal for dinner, maybe sometimes breakfast if we were in a position for a few days.
I love them. It's my personal treat when the wife is away. She can't stand the smell. Her sense of smell is stronger than mine. I swear, I could crack a can under water while she's outside and she'd walk in the door giving me hell about eating the damned things.

...and thank you for your service 🫡. That probably put you in around Desert Storm. I was 89-93, but didn't deploy. 4yrs in sunny CA.

I love them. It's my personal treat when the wife is away. She can't stand the smell. Her sense of smell is stronger than mine. I swear, I could crack a can under water while she's outside and she'd walk in the door giving me hell about eating the damned things.

That's my wife and me when I eat kimchi. It stinks something awful but I love it. She can be in the bedroom watching tv and I'll be 20' away in the main room and sure enough I'll sit down and in a minute I'll hear "Are you eating kimchi again! I can smell it!!!"

But I always fuck with her back. Like she'll say she's hungry and don't know if she wants a sandwich or something else and my go-to response is "Don't forget there's kimchi in the fridge!" Gets her going :mad:🤬 every time haha!
...and thank you for your service 🫡. That probably put you in around Desert Storm. I was 89-93, but didn't deploy. 4yrs in sunny CA.

'91-'95. 1 one year in Korea on the DMZ then 3 at Fort Hood and that was good enough for me. I know Hood goes by a new name now but it'll always be Ft Hood to me.
Never saw combat but was either deployed and pulled back or put on alert a handful of times because either Saddam or a Kim got all riled up about shit. Never needed artillery in Bosnia so missed that one but other branches of our division went there.
Cool to meet another vet on the forum!!!

Back
Top Bottom