What's Cookin?

How is it to prepare? Like can you use the same techniques like searing and salt brining and all that other stuff we do to real meat?
Yes, the same ways and takes the same heat. I don't eat this stuff every day. Usually get my protein from beans.

Made this huge bean dip from scratch, dried pinto beans, last weekend. Bright it to bbq and poker night and surprisingly got a lot of compliments from adults and kids even in the presence of smoked BBQ meat spread. There were quite a few who came back for seconds just on beans.

Getting kids to go back for beans is a hard win. It was my first time making it, just winged it, but I'll def be doing it again

Edit: my Mexican wife learned me on using arbol peppers when cooking beans. They add an amazing taste to beans. Usually cook beans with about 5 dried arbol peppers, then removing all but one or two at the end of cooking. It gets a lot of the flavor without it being too hot

That's cheese and jalapenos on topPXL_20240907_204051980.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Last edited:
Chile de Arbol is a deceptively spicy chile. I was making a salsa and decided to drop in some Chile de Arbol to kick the heat up.

GOD DAMN!! 😄

Good thing we had some frozen margarita in the blender!!!!

I've made a 7 layer dip a couple of times and they're always a hit at parties.

Chile de Arbol is a deceptively spicy chile. I was making a salsa and decided to drop in some Chile de Arbol to kick the heat up.

GOD DAMN!! 😄

Yeah I've made the mistake of leaving them in before.... Yes, they get crazy hot lol

I didn't know about them until her. She made me her mom's black beans before and used them and now I use them!

I wish I could get my wife to make fresh tortillas more, but I came into this knowing I was the cook of the relationship lol

Yeah I've made the mistake of leaving them in before.... Yes, they get crazy hot lol

I didn't know about them until her. She made me her mom's black beans before and used them and now I use them!

I wish I could get my wife to make fresh tortillas more, but I came into this knowing I was the cook of the relationship lol
I make a mean Chile Verde among other mexican dishes. If your wife wants easy mex recipes I got 'em all day!!!

GOD DAMN!! 😄

Chile de Arbol huh?

IMG_7770[1].jpeg

Picked today from my pepper patch. Gonna use them in a chimichurri.

got an email from inkbird today.. presale on their new four probe wireless!!!

got an email from inkbird today.. presale on their new four probe wireless!!!

That's wild man

all this spicy talk must be in air or something.. i've been hammering on this bottle of hot sauce all week!!!

View attachment 72530
that shit looks wild man, i would try it for sure

i love going into hot sauce stores and trying hot sauces, but my love for hot sauce might be to blame for my crohns/UC now, who knows...

it looks like that has a fair amount of seasonings with it too, how is the flavor? is it just burn or is it more?

that shit looks wild man, i would try it for sure

i love going into hot sauce stores and trying hot sauces, but my love for hot sauce might be to blame for my crohns/UC now, who knows...

it looks like that has a fair amount of seasonings with it too, how is the flavor? is it just burn or is it more?

it's got good heat right up front but it mellows out quick, doesn't leave your mouth on fire for the entire bite of food. i like it a lot. i got to sample before buying and it didn't take me long to decide!!

024.JPG

Back
Top Bottom