🌞TSD's 2023 Scrog Under The Sun🌞

Depends on the strain I suppose. Last year's Black Cherry Punch yielded 30 oz, Super Silver Haze and Amnesia Lemon were 14 and 16 I believe. BCP was an indica dom, the other two were Sativa doms.

Phew, what a day. Got most everything packed for camping except the coolers, I'll do that right before we go. I even fired up our 1950s garage fridge to pre chill all the drinks, as my fridge is at capacity.
Little man wasn't feeling well earlier, but I think he just got overheated... he was feeling much better after some Tylenol and a nap in the ac... hoping he's good to go in the morning.
Did a little pruning under the scrogs today, but it was so hot and I had a million things to do... they may have one more haircut in thier future. They also got fed. The compost tea has been brewing for a couple days, I was going to feed in the morning tomorrow, but it's gonna be too hectic. I top dressed everyone with a scant half cup of Dr. Earth Flower girl, then covered that with some Coast of Maine compost, watered in with the compost tea, followed by plain water. Hopefully it wasn't too soon, but I know it will be a little bit before they can actually use the food in the Flower girl, and I expect everyone to enter flower in the next few weeks. I also sprayed them down with the hose then with Loast Coast again after they dried. Don't see too many invaders... just a few leafhoppers and of course a few Japanese beetles and grasshoppers. The bugs favor the Shaman and the LSD it seems... hopefully I'll find them just as tasty lol. I didn't get pics today, they were looking rather disheveled after my torment, I'll try to snap a few before we leave once they're up and enjoying the morning.... want to compare what 5 days away looks like anyhow.
I did get a few pics of my yellow roses, I was afraid I'd miss them bloom... might take a bouquet to camp for the table so I can enjoy them. 20230704_093404.jpg20230704_093411.jpg
I'd love to go to sleep but I told the crew I'd bring some special fudge, so I'm going to do that now. Thankfully I found a jar of budder in the freezer, so that's about 5 less steps to do. Hope to check in with y'all before I take off... if not, see ya Sunday! ✌️

Safe travels enjoy your time with the home team

Slacking on the diary as usual. Been neglecting the garden and all my flowers in lieu of everything else in life... Here's a group shot of my swamp witch spot before I cut the weeds and herbs back and gave the ladies a haircut. I keep it messy and full of weeds on purpose... shit blends together that way lol.20230719_093347.jpg
Bugs are rough this year, leafhoppers, thrips, Japanese beetles... all munching and I haven't done a ton to keep them at bay these last couple weeks, so time to knock them back a bit. Did a round of loast coast and have some spinosad on order. They are mostly just annoying, but I'd like to keep them at bay regardless. Few days of various stuff thrown at them and they'll be mostly gone again.

Did another significant haircut on all but Shaman since it's flowering, I expect the others to start soon. Got thier legs shaved and below the scrogs mostly clear.
Shaman was not benefiting from the scrog because I wasn't able to do it right,
as I split her and had to stop... then she started flowering so I haven't done much defol... so I took the net off...just lifted it right up and off... that's how you know it wasn't doing jack anyway lol. She's very bushy which is a concern... but a bit late now... I'll take a few fans here and there but I can't go hard like I did with the rest of the ladies. Here is Shaman. 20230719_162338.jpg

Here is LSD....I didn't get a pre haircut pic cause I was out there stoned and just started snipping away.20230719_122947.jpg

Here is Mimosa X Orange Punch before, she is a very bushy lady. 20230719_123254.jpgAnd after20230719_132838.jpg
Strawberry Lemonade is starting to get more foliage, she was sparse, I still took off a bunch of lower growth sites (shaved legs) and bug damaged leaves. 20230720_185615.jpg20230720_190626.jpg

Grandmommy Purple was also very bushy lady that needed quite a bit of inner and lower stuff removed. 20230720_143139.jpg20230720_182608.jpg20230720_182322.jpg

Cinderella XX Is a favorite of the leafhoppers... dunno if it's cause she's lower than the rest, or if she's just delicious... either way, removed a lot of chewed leaves and new inner growth. 20230720_182519.jpg20230720_185447.jpg
Some of these may seem drastic, but with the level of humidity and moisture we've had... it needed to happen, they need airflow. They are in full on stretch mode and I expect baby budlets soon, so it was now or never. They will fluff right back up in a week and it will look like I did nothing. They look more yellow-green than they actually are because many of these were taken late in the day. The only one that's actually lighter is Grandmommy Purple. They all had a dose of Dutch Science Bloom a few days back. If she doesn't get her color back, we'll give her a dose of something or other. I know, I'm so precise with my feeding. 🤣

Here is the side quest auto, chunking up nicely... fed it a while back... dunno if I should bother again, it does look hungry... but it may be too late... I dunno jack about autos lol. 20230720_182243.jpg

Haven't checked the other two, they probably need to be fed, I'll get up there this week. Looks like more rain tomorrow, flash flood warning because the ground is saturated and we may get up to 1.5 inches in an hour... just when the river was starting to calm down. Need to go around and take some flower pics before everything goes by on me! That's all for now folks.

Back
Top Bottom