All things shrooms

I'll take a print if you manage to get em. PE is notoriously finicky about dropping spores.

I have a large variety I'll take prints of once I get fruit bodies, would be happy to contribute to a forum spore bank.
Yeah im gonna do swabs for that reason bro. When i send em i will send like 10 or ao to ensure you get some viable spores

It's worth mentioning that with swabs, and prints, anyone looking to use them best start on agar. Assuming the swabs are sterile is a surefire way to end up with contaminated jars.

End of disclaimer

It's worth mentioning that with swabs, and prints, anyone looking to use them best start on agar. Assuming the swabs are sterile is a surefire way to end up with contaminated jars.

End of disclaimer
100% the only way without agar is to run a contaminated box to hopefully get a shroom to clone and even then you want to clone to agar.

1 tip also is ALWAYS wear a face mask… especially with a still air box because your breathing right into it at that level.

I spray the entire inside and everything i put in it with 70% isopropyl and then comeback in 20-30 min to do my work

1 tip also is ALWAYS wear a face mask… especially with a still air box because your breathing right into it at that level.

I spray the entire inside and everything i put in it with 70% isopropyl and then comeback in 20-30 min to do my work
This, but also I keep a spray bottle with water and a few drops of dish soap inside the SAB and keep everything wet. A damp towel on the bottom, and some kind of platform to get your work materials a couple inches off the bottom of the box.

The idea is that you're going to be causing turbulence in the air -- let whatever is floating stick to the walls. When it falls to the floor of the SAB it gets stuck to the towel.

Tomorrow ill get pics of the drying racks i built… work awesome. 4 days to dry these fat stalks…. No heat to degrade them. Cheap and easy. Thanks to willy myco’s vid.

my tote would sit upside down on the counter and hang off the edge, id work from under it putting my hands up into it

mask, good idea to have around

The drying rack is just 1x3’s 20”x20” with cheap window screen and a 20” box fan on top…. Forced evaporation ftw. If these were golden teachers they would be dry in 24/48 hrs. This is done in my basement and its pretty cold down there so its even slower than if at room temp…. None the less 4 days and you can do pounds at a time.

As you can see they stack so you can do as many as you want to fit your needs. I started with 4.
IMG_0995.jpegIMG_0996.jpegIMG_0997.jpeg

sweet
The drying rack is just 1x3’s 20”x20” with cheap window screen and a 20” box fan on top…. Forced evaporation ftw. If these were golden teachers they would be dry in 24/48 hrs. This is done in my basement and its pretty cold down there so its even slower than if at room temp…. None the less 4 days and you can do pounds at a time.

As you can see they stack so you can do as many as you want to fit your needs. I started with 4.
View attachment 15464View attachment 15465View attachment 15466

Sweeet

simple.

500ml water
10g agar
10g light malt extract

I always weigh a tiny bit extra malt extract because that shit is hydroscopic and gets chunky and sticky anywhere near water. Need to find a better vessel to weigh it in.

Stir until thoroughly dissolved then it goes into the PC for 20 minutes at 15 psi.
PXL_20230729_011735579.jpgPXL_20230729_012056111.jpg

500ml water
10g agar
10g light malt extract

I always weigh a tiny bit extra malt extract because that shit is hydroscopic and gets chunky and sticky anywhere near water. Need to find a better vessel to weigh it in.

Stir until thoroughly dissolved then it goes into the PC for 20 minutes at 15 psi.
View attachment 15487View attachment 15488
and thats how you make "agar, plates" ?

and its nutritional enough to colonize, transfer a colony to bulk something ?

cool.

Any home vids of your process?

View attachment 15464View attachment 15465View attachment 15466
Best to get the fan first or is it pretty much standard size?

i gotta read through this thread more, you guys got your stuff together!!!! i don't have a lot of experience with mushrooms but enough to make all the worst mistakes sometimes.. i only pick it up once every couple years so i gotta relearn some of the tech.

i used to just grow brf cakes but the last few times i did bulk mono tubs and i also tried some of those bags to grow some lion's mane in. i really liked the bags over the jars and want to try those again.

you guys are really inspiring!!!!

a pic from years ago...

004.JPG

🙃

i gotta read through this thread more, you guys got your stuff together!!!! i don't have a lot of experience with mushrooms but enough to make all the worst mistakes sometimes.. i only pick it up once every couple years so i gotta relearn some of the tech.

i used to just grow brf cakes but the last few times i did bulk mono tubs and i also tried some of those bags to grow some lion's mane in. i really liked the bags over the jars and want to try those again.

you guys are really inspiring!!!!

a pic from years ago...

View attachment 15493

🙃
thats fuckin cool.

Pillow and quilt stuffing 100% polyester
Oh, way off. Makes more sense on how it stayed in the holes. 🤣

Is cheese cloth or gauze good? Anything from hospital would be sterilized and I can usually get unless special.

Other wise i’ll go Jack the Ripper on a throw pillow. (Hate them anyway. 😈)

Back
Top Bottom