All things shrooms

A cool branch of science I've been following about what to do with our plastic waste, turns out mushrooms could help.

Thought us mushroom peeps might like that article

He potted it a week ago I believe. I'm in 6b-7a. He said it will grow like crazy outside in the summertime here.
Alright, hold off on giving it any water until it's rooted. Depending how much he let the cutting callous it could be a couple weeks to a couple months. You lonely won't see much growth this season but never spring you'll be able to up pot it and start giving it fertilizer.

Alright, hold off on giving it any water until it's rooted. Depending how much he let the cutting callous it could be a couple weeks to a couple months. You lonely won't see much growth this season but never spring you'll be able to up pot it and start giving it fertilizer.
Really good news! I was repotting the San Pedro, not crazy about the pot he gave me, when I found out this thing has nice roots! Like 2 inches and thick. He must have got it started for me.

On another note I like watching how this spreads on the sides, day 9 I think.

PXL_20230809_113806175.jpgPXL_20230809_113758766.jpg

Just watching and waiting, everything looks good right guys?

Really good news! I was repotting the San Pedro, not crazy about the pot he gave me, when I found out this thing has nice roots! Like 2 inches and thick. He must have got it started for me.

View attachment 16997View attachment 16998

I started roughly 50 San Pedro seeds just before my divorce. They were all just aliytle bitty sprout when shit hit the fan and they got neglected. Almost had my own little forest of em.

I started roughly 50 San Pedro seeds just before my divorce. They were all just aliytle bitty sprout when shit hit the fan and they got neglected. Almost had my own little forest of em.
Did you get to eat any of it before it hit the fan?

Just heard this on the radio this morning in relation to giving advanced notice on leaving company.

Treat your supervisors like mushrooms, feed them shit and keep them in the dark! 😂

I did not. They were only a quarter inch when it happened and were all shriveled by the time I remembered them.
Just heard this on the radio this morning in relation to giving advanced notice on leaving company.

Treat your supervisors like mushrooms, feed them shit and keep them in the dark! 😂
That's the running joke at our shop when it comes to management and the info they decide to pass down the line.

View attachment 16997View attachment 16998

nice! yeah, it sounds like he wanted to make sure you had a successful starting point.

when it comes to repotting, that tends to be where most people fuck up. you gotta clean the roots off very gently and try to remove all the soil, then let the plant sit for about a week to allow any breaks or cuts you created on the roots heal up. Then you put it in its new home.

you do this because cacti are highly susceptible to pythium and other disease via their roots. Sometimes you can get away with just a quick move, but most of the time it's recommended to let em heal for a little bit.

also with san pedros, the width of the pot doesn't matter as much as the depth. they like to run deep roots.

for real though. i've had companies bitch that i only gave them two weeks notice. my response has always been if the tables were turned they wouldn't give a single one of their employees any notice. any advanced notice is a courtesy, not an obligation.

for real though. i've had companies bitch that i only gave them two weeks notice. my response has always been if the tables were turned they wouldn't give a single one of their employees any notice. any advanced notice is a courtesy, not an obligation.
Exactly what Elliot said on the radio and I never thought about it like that. Corporate will fire you without notice, why give them notice?

It's a tough one for me, ethically... I was going to give a months notice, but maybe I should just do two weeks.

Thanks for the info on the Pedro and pots!

Exactly what Elliot said on the radio and I never thought about it like that. Corporate will fire you without notice, why give them notice?

It's a tough one for me, ethically... I was going to give a months notice, but maybe I should just do two weeks.

Thanks for the info on the Pedro and pots!
I mean, it depends on your role and seniority in that role. At my last job I was a senior software engineer and was the only one with intimate knowledge of the code base, and still only gave two weeks notice. Sure pissed off the company, but they should've not been assholes. I might've been more accommodating of making the transition easier.

The job before that, I gave no notice. Annual review turned out like shit and my manager gave me a ton of feedback that he didn't mention once over all the 1:1s for the past year, then withheld a raise and promotion, so I worked till my last Friday, stayed late so I was one of the last ones at the office, closed my laptop, left all company equipment on my desk, and bounced.

My current role, if I get to a point of leaving for another job (not really planning on that -- goal is to make this the last job I work for someone else), I might give them a month's notice. Maybe. They've been one of the best companies I've worked for so they've earned my respect but I also recognize that they'll fire me in an instant without notice (they're pretty good at blindsiding people) so they might only get the two week courtesy too.

Never forget you're just a number and are always replaceable when you're an employee. Loyalty to a company disappeared fifty years ago when the union busting and profit sharing completely shifted to the CEOs making 100x frontline employees vs the 3x that was common post WWII.

How do you choose the size and shape of your fruiting box?
Are there certain things you’re ideally looking for?
Depends on what you're growing.

The basic premise is depending on genetics, you want to target different substrate depths. So psilocybes do great between 4"-6" of substrate depth when doing bulk casings. Size of container depends on the space you have available. If you're doing a shotgun fruiting chamber, something that can accommodate 9"x9" cake pans is perfect. A monotub, you can scale up to 50L units before running into issues.

Pan Cyans like a thinner substrate layer.

Oysters like logs and bags.

Lion's Mane, Shitakes, Maitakes, Reishis all like bags or logs.

Like i said, it depends.

Depends on what you're growing.

The basic premise is depending on genetics, you want to target different substrate depths. So psilocybes do great between 4"-6" of substrate depth when doing bulk casings. Size of container depends on the space you have available. If you're doing a shotgun fruiting chamber, something that can accommodate 9"x9" cake pans is perfect. A monotub, you can scale up to 50L units before running into issues.

Pan Cyans like a thinner substrate layer.

Oysters like logs and bags.

Lion's Mane, Shitakes, Maitakes, Reishis all like bags or logs.

Like i said, it depends.
Im starting to think you're more of a mushroom farmer than a cannabis farmer😆😅

Im starting to think you're more of a mushroom farmer than a cannabis farmer😆😅
truth be told, i never completed a successful cannabis grow until after i was well versed in growing mushrooms. mushrooms were a catalyst for my green thumb.

shit, anyone that knew me in college knew i grew ok weed but my boomers were legendary. people would get pissed because i'd give them half a stem when they wanted a quarter ounce, then be blown away when they threw that stem portion on a scale and it was over weight. i've got pics buried somewhere of psilocybes the length of my forearm with caps bigger than my hand. twas a different time, and those lessons taught me how to grow some damn fine cannabis now.

truth be told, i never completed a successful cannabis grow until after i was well versed in growing mushrooms. mushrooms were a catalyst for my green thumb.

shit, anyone that knew me in college knew i grew ok weed but my boomers were legendary. people would get pissed because i'd give them half a stem when they wanted a quarter ounce, then be blown away when they threw that stem portion on a scale and it was over weight. i've got pics buried somewhere of psilocybes the length of my forearm with caps bigger than my hand. twas a different time, and those lessons taught me how to grow some damn fine cannabis now.
Oh shit man, 😳
I wouldve loved some of them shroomies 🍄🤤
I gotta try growing some soon.

Oh shit man, 😳
I wouldve loved some of them shroomies 🍄🤤
I gotta try growing some soon.
there were good times, and bad times lol one of my last trips was on a 50 grams fresh. went to a rave and ended up bailing because it was obvious everyone else was on whatever pressed pill was floating around that night and being on a hallucinogen with a bunch of half rolling half speeding young adults just wasn't the vibe. ride home was epic. finally decided to go on the up and up shortly after that and put down mushroom cultivation for a decade. shit is like riding a bicycle though. similar to growing weed. difference is i can eat mushrooms, i can't smoke weed. mushrooms don't cripple me with anxiety.

there were good times, and bad times lol one of my last trips was on a 50 grams fresh. went to a rave and ended up bailing because it was obvious everyone else was on whatever pressed pill was floating around that night and being on a hallucinogen with a bunch of half rolling half speeding young adults just wasn't the vibe. ride home was epic. finally decided to go on the up and up shortly after that and put down mushroom cultivation for a decade. shit is like riding a bicycle though. similar to growing weed. difference is i can eat mushrooms, i can't smoke weed. mushrooms don't cripple me with anxiety.
Wasnt much of a raver, thought they were cool but im not a fan of pills or powder so i stay away from that stuff lol.

I wanna get into growing mushrooms, I just dont wanna spend the money to get started lol

Wait a minute. You can't smoke? The day weed makes my anxiety go off the wall ill be so sad lol 😆

Wasnt much of a raver, thought they were cool but im not a fan of pills or powder so i stay away from that stuff lol.

I wanna get into growing mushrooms, I just dont wanna spend the money to get started lol

Wait a minute. You can't smoke? The day weed makes my anxiety go off the wall ill be so sad lol 😆
nah, i used to be a half ounce a week smoker. i quit for a year, though, and when i tried to pick it back up two hits throws me right into a panic attack. my own shit is even worse, i have to take half a hit and it's still ruthless.

i love the plant, though, that's why i continue to grow it. it saves people around me money because i give the harvests away, and i enjoy the process of production.

So looking forward to no anxiety or panic attacks. Most days the weed is fine. But some days, like the last few weeks, I can’t have one without the other. Sucks.

I’ve found my anxiety seems somewhat strain based, sometimes when I have to switch to “manual breathing” I’ll question why I ever smoke the stuff, then other time it’ll be like “I should be like this 24/7” curious thing for sure.
Interesting that when we’re younger (not a real care in the world) we can smoke like chimneys but as we age and real life takes hold (careers, bills, children ect.) that interaction can so much different.
Like you TOBH I enjoy the growing process and taking care of these girls but I give most everything away. Me and the wife smoke a half dozen times a month (more if it’s camping season but never a lot).
I’m am on the hunt for something medical though that will help WITH my day to day anxiety and a good pain killer. There’s gotta be a perfect strain out there for MY needs 🤞🤞

It's a lot cheaper than growing cannabis.

You can get spore syringes for $20-30, everything else you need is cheap/diy. Imo.

Don't need to start off with a laminar hood, just some diy stuff from the store. A pressure cooker if you want to pasteurize your own stuff, or buy some substrate already cleaned.

If broke kids can grow it under the bed, think what you could do with under $100 😂

It's a lot cheaper than growing cannabis.

You can get spore syringes for $20-30, everything else you need is cheap/diy. Imo.

Don't need to start off with a laminar hood, just some diy stuff from the store. A pressure cooker if you want to pasteurize your own stuff, or buy some substrate already cleaned.

If broke kids can grow it under the bed, think what you could do with under $100 😂
Right.
I just dont have any spending cash until after the new year. Kinda sucks but it is what it is, im the only one who can fix it lol.

Right.
I just dont have any spending cash until after the new year. Kinda sucks but it is what it is, im the only one who can fix it lol.
I got a spore syringe for 14$ down the drain though, the learning syringe lol.

Training wheels are off now.

Except it looks like there may be a little infection on the side of the glass part, could be just rice maybe.

But this Mycellium looks healthy so I'm sure it'll fight it off if it is.

Attachments

• VID_20230811_163447709.mp4
    11.6 MB
Back
Top Bottom