Bean's Stash Closet

Two weeks in the system and she is vegging out hard and fast. The light is really strong in that small space so took some adjusting but I think I got it dialed in. I gotta be careful and not forget to turn it down in view mode when I'm defoliating lol. Whoopsie..
View attachment 8995
Do you continually tuck during veg? Granny throws her screen on just before flip, I think. I like the thought of it growing in to fill the net and that's how I've had it in my head from the beginning. I'm keeping a close watch her her 5x5 and am curious to see that monster after the screen was placed. @CannaGranny, do you have a recent update on the smashdown? Was that a week or so ago?

I'm loving your space, Beans.

Thanks dude! From one noob to another, I think if you have the ear of an bonafide expert in that style of growing you should absolutely do what they instruct and not give too much mind to yahoos like myself for anything but entertainment value lol.

no-idea-what-i-am-doing.gif

Thanks dude! From one noob to another, I think if you have the ear of an bonafide expert in that style of growing you should absolutely do what they instruct and not give too much mind to yahoos like myself for anything but entertainment value lol.

View attachment 8998
Man I'm with ya. I had mine tied down and she was looking so pretty and symmetrical. New lid so I decided to let her grow and now she's like a wild animal 🤣

Noob or not, clean setup with healthy, happy plants. Props brother.

Man I'm with ya. I had mine tied down and she was looking so pretty and symmetrical. New lid so I decided to let her grow and now she's like a wild animal 🤣

Noob or not, clean setup with healthy, happy plants. Props brother.

Right back at you bro, us noobs gotta school up and stick together. The pond got deep here fast lol.

Do you continually tuck during veg? Granny throws her screen on just before flip, I think. I like the thought of it growing in to fill the net and that's how I've had it in my head from the beginning. I'm keeping a close watch her her 5x5 and am curious to see that monster after the screen was placed. @CannaGranny, do you have a recent update on the smashdown? Was that a week or so ago?

I'm loving your space, Beans.
I do table the lady at the time of, or this time within a few days. They have been in flower two days at this point, I’ll add some new pics this evening. If you prep the plant properly, it will fill the table with zero help from you. Now obviously if you put a foot tall plant with six main colas, that’s not going to happen.

I do table the lady at the time of, or this time within a few days. They have been in flower two days at this point, I’ll add some new pics this evening. If you prep the plant properly, it will fill the table with zero help from you. Now obviously if you put a foot tall plant with six main colas, that’s not going to happen.
Yeah mine is only at 8". She's more than 20" across though so I'm pretty confident in filling up my 3x3. It's just hard for me to envision the stretch after flip (first grow), though, and that's why my brain leans towards growing into it and just tuck tuck tuck. I have her untied to grow free for now but she's 2" from where the net will sit so I've gotta get this figured out 🤣. She'll double in height when she reaches the 6" above screen that you allow for.

Yeah mine is only at 8". She's more than 20" across though so I'm pretty confident in filling up my 3x3. It's just hard for me to envision the stretch after flip (first grow), though, and that's why my brain leans towards growing into it and just tuck tuck tuck. I have her untied to grow free for now but she's 2" from where the net will sit so I've gotta get this figured out 🤣. She'll double in height when she reaches the 6" above screen that you allow for.
Just fyi I'm not trying to completely fill the trellis wall to wall. I need to be somewhat conservative on how big I let these get until I get a better idea on the limit of what is workable in there without creating climate or other issues. A slightly wider girl than last run with 5-6" taller stems is all I'm really shooting for, so my objectives may be a bit different than yours.

Just fyi I'm not trying to completely fill the trellis wall to wall. I need to be somewhat conservative on how big I let these get until I get a better idea on the limit of what is workable in there without creating climate or other issues. A slightly wider girl than last run with 5-6" taller stems is all I'm really shooting for, so my objectives may be a bit different than yours.
Just looking for a 3x3 screen FILLED with colas. Too much to ask? We'll see 🤣.

you and me both brother. well mine is a 4x4. "next grow" is in my head and won't stop lol
I remember you talking in my Jungle Cake x Wedding Tree thread over at the farm. Did you grow one of those or were you just in there talking about the other $2 seeds?

I remember you talking in my Jungle Cake x Wedding Tree thread over at the farm. Did you grow one of those or were you just in there talking about the other $2 seeds?
I still have the seed in the bag. got a long list of what to do. i already have the ones vegging for the next run(Alien Dragon, Banana Blaze, Purple Punch) but haven't decided the one after yet. my friend gave me a local breeder one he wants me to try and then clone for him, but i should run the jungle cake in that run with that one.

long story short, it's on the list. lol. it's one of the ones i only have one seed of for whatever reason. here are the other one/two seed ones i think i got off the $2 or freebies. unicorn poop cross sounds interesting, that was reg freebie pack i think.

did you grow yours, how did it turn out, is it cured? sorry if i have posted on it and forgot, that's the nature of the game we're in lol
1687399061831.jpeg

I still have the seed in the bag. got a long list of what to do. i already have the ones vegging for the next run(Alien Dragon, Banana Blaze, Purple Punch) but haven't decided the one after yet. my friend gave me a local breeder one he wants me to try and then clone for him, but i should run the jungle cake in that run with that one.

long story short, it's on the list. lol. it's one of the ones i only have one seed of for whatever reason. here are the other one/two seed ones i think i got off the $2 or freebies. unicorn poop cross sounds interesting, that was reg freebie pack i think.

did you grow yours, how did it turn out, is it cured? sorry if i have posted on it and forgot, that's the nature of the game we're in lol
View attachment 9104
I'm 6 weeks into it with the Jungle Cake cross. I started with it because Peat_Phreak challenged me to a dual on the Farm. I've never grown before but I'd say she's doing good 👍.

Aquaponics! I am jealous.

I saw a cool video of some guy who did aquaponics in his yard in Arizona and was quite successful at it.

Found it:

This video is really inspiring and his passion is contagious.
Love it man, definitely something I'm dabbling in here. I got my pond stocking permit so I can buy brook trout right from the hatchery and raise them here at the house. Transporting live caught fish is very illegal here. Need to make our water hole bigger and deeper first but still working it out a plan. It'll be rad.

Love it man, definitely something I'm dabbling in here. I got my pond stocking permit so I can buy brook trout right from the hatchery and raise them here at the house. Transporting live caught fish is very illegal here. Need to make our water hole bigger and deeper first but still working it out a plan. It'll be rad.
Here we drive up to the truck that comes to the sawmill a few times a year. Go home with giant bags full of any fish we want.

I like our way better. They are all indigenous fish, why does the gov't need to get involved?

Here we drive up to the truck that comes to the sawmill a few times a year. Go home with giant bags full of any fish we want.

I like our way better. They are all indigenous fish, why does the gov't need to get involved?
I hear that lol. I called dept of fisheries and spoke w biologist during process of getting the permit and asked why I cant go catch some brook trout literally anywhere and put them in my pond. Was explained to me that people try to keep all kinds of fish they catch in aqauriums, then release them wherever when it doesnt work out and they can be invasive to that fishery even within the state. Supposedly a female bass can fertilize her own eggs and all the offspring will be male. Bass eat trout or whatever they can fit. They've had to chemically reclaim ponds and restock which is exactly what it sounds like. So no moving live game fish A to B without hatchery tags on them. The fine was significant and any fish or game violations here usually come with license suspensions. They take preservation of fisheries here very seriously because Sport fishing is such a big part of tourism.

The fine was significant and any fish or game violations here usually come with license suspensions. They take preservation of fisheries here very seriously because Sport fishing is such a big part of tourism.
When I bred and shipped my tropical fish Maine had a longer list of restricted tropical fish then Hawaii~!
They are pretty serious about fish.
They won't even allow some common pet store fish that would never survive 1 winter if released. I mean really, TROPICAL.
Maine is beautiful but not what I consider a tropical enviroment.
Yet Hawaii was all in for any livebearer you could think of?:unsure:

Good luck with your stocking plans.
Plant in a pond sounds like a dank new genetic~!

I dont think cal mag was playing too nice in veg w this plant, yellowing tips and edges, purpling and overall light sensitivity the mom didnt have, even before putting it under this light. I reset res a week or so ago and dropped cal mag for epsom and think I have it sorted. I will bring calmag back when I do a reset to flower nutes in a couple weeks.

Lighting is 14hrs on this week, bumping red up and blue down daily until I arrive @ the flower ratio I want to try by next Mon, then 12hrs on and slowly ramping up overall level until it objects. I like the 10min sunrise/sunset, gives me time to mist epsom foliar at lights on and has evaporated by time sequence is finished.

20230626_091955.jpg20230626_082150.jpg

Back
Top Bottom