Bean's Stash Closet

Made it through my week(Sun-Thurs)and never once had trouble keeping up with demand on our water systems. Ran that shit like a boss. Taking the kids skiing tomorrow. Got a brand new pair of Volkl Kendo 88s to shake down. Life is pretty good in the Great White North friends.
Great choice for your mountain. I got to test an earlier version of those. Great hard snow, front side skis. Perfect for Northeast conditions.

What boots do you use? I wasn't too picky about skis as I could adapt to the skis strengths and weaknesses but bad fitting boots? Fuck that...........

Great choice for your mountain. I got to test an earlier version of those. Great hard snow, front side skis. Perfect for Northeast conditions.

What boots do you use? I wasn't too picky about skis as I could adapt to the skis strengths and weaknesses but bad fitting boots? Fuck that...........
I went with the kids today and the Kendos were the shit dude. Love them. I have Nordica Speedmachine 120 boots and they fit great. I got professionally fitted at the shop and that is what they recommended. Marker Griffon bindings. I skied as good as I can remember myself ever skiing and then some. When I'd push it the gear just keep getting better and better as well.

I went with the kids today and the Kendos were the shit dude. Love them. I have Nordica Speedmachine 120 boots and they fit great. I got professionally fitted at the shop and that is what they recommended. Marker Griffon bindings. I skied as good as I can remember myself ever skiing and then some. When I'd push it the gear just keep getting better and better as well.
WOW! Great choices all around. I've always liked Marker bindings. My first pair of race slalom skis, Rossignols, had Marker bindings. Loved those bindings and they probably saved me from twisting my knee out of its socket more than once!

My feet are too narrow for Nordicas. I'm more a Lange guy with their narrower shells. Did the boot fitter make a custom insole for you? I know that a lot of the boot makers have been moving to moldable inner liners across their boot lines whereas before it was race level boots only.

BTW....I bet upper management are counting their lucky stars they brought you in!!! šŸ˜„

WOW! Great choices all around. I've always liked Marker bindings. My first pair of race slalom skis, Rossignols, had Marker bindings. Loved those bindings and they probably saved me from twisting my knee out of its socket more than once!

My feet are too narrow for Nordicas. I'm more a Lange guy with their narrower shells. Did the boot fitter make a custom insole for you? I know that a lot of the boot makers have been moving to moldable inner liners across their boot lines whereas before it was race level boots only.

BTW....I bet upper management are counting their lucky stars they brought you in!!! šŸ˜„
Yeah I'm right in between low volume and med. They did custom fit my liners. Took a while but they really nailed it.
My boss is beside himself. I guess last winter was very rough for the H20 dept. This year..not so much. We're about to do big things here and everyone on my team knows it. I'm exactly where in the universe I'm supposed to be.

I havent skied since high school so figured it would be a good time to get back into it. Gear has changed A LOT since then. I got fitted for boots and Pro shop hooked me up with some K2 Mindbender 99ti to try out. The skis demand I go real fast before they start to come into it and settle down but I'm just not there yet. Gonna keep trying different skis but the boots are fantastic.
View attachment 45046
I LOVED THE MINDBENDERS WHEN I RAN THEM! My favorite ski to date and will be sliding on them next winter now that my hand is back in action!!!

Some of the others that were testing them thought they were a bit stiff in the shovel but I loved how stiff they were, especially through the moguls where you can really torque them and get that nice snap on the transition when they unload!!!

I LOVED THE MINDBENDERS WHEN I RAN THEM! My favorite ski to date and will be sliding on them next winter now that my hand is back in action!!!

Some of the others that were testing them thought they were a bit stiff in the shovel but I loved how stiff they were, especially through the moguls where you can really torque them and get that nice snap on the transition when they unload!!!
I know they are great skis, a lot of the ski patrollers like them, but they were definitely stiffer and wider than the Kendo 88 I ended up with. In fairness it had been 35yrs since I'd last skied so probably not the best choice for breaking back into it. I can always buy more skis as I go, the shop blows everything out at end of season..Everyone I work with has multiple pairs in their office.

Big storm today. Jeep truck has been a total beast in the stuff, it just goes. Spring skiing is gonna be LIT. Spent all day Friday tearing it up with my boss and a pack of ski patrol bros on our day off.
1000002857.jpg

Booked my wife and I a suite for two nights at the Jordan hotel at the end of the month. Made her an appointment at the spa as well. Gonna show her around my world up there and enjoy some of the nightlife, a good way to celebrate the end of the season.

Madhouse today. Got about 3ft of powder over the weekend. Everyone is happy happy.
View attachment 51286
View attachment 51287
Does your Kat team make mostly corduroy or do they leave some runs with natural mogul formations? From some of the Kat operators I spoke to they told me most of the corduroy gets made on the beginner and green blue runs whereas the black blue, black and double black will get the occasional plow if the bumps get too big.

Does your Kat team make mostly corduroy or do they leave some runs with natural mogul formations? From some of the Kat operators I spoke to they told me most of the corduroy gets made on the beginner and green blue runs whereas the black blue, black and double black will get the occasional plow if the bumps get too big.
Pretty much what you said. Everything got skied into bumps today. It got heavy fast once it warmed up. Saw more ambulances than usual today lol.

Pretty much what you said. Everything got skied into bumps today. It got heavy fast once it warmed up. Saw more ambulances than usual today lol.
When I was skiing Park City in Utah I saw a snowboarder launch off of a jump at the bottom of the hill and smack a beginner woman in the head. They had to airlift her out of there.

One of the craziest SnowCat scenarios was watching a Cat trying to plow The Wall at Mammoth Mountain. I'm not sure how they did it but it looked like they had the Cat on a winch or series of winches and they were slowly lowering it down the face!

My buddy went to Smugglers Notch this weekend~!
I got 18 inches of snow here in NY yesterday~!

I just mentioned that we have lots of trees down all around.
I drive up north about 130 miles a day and trees down along the highway are more numerous than I remember.
Pretty strong gust going with this storm and the last couple.
Hope you get power back and stay safe man.

Cooking up a Jeep off-roading event with my boss to host at the resort this summer. We have about 7k acres of undeveloped land to build a course on, plus heavy equipment to do it with. I also suggested we start hosting summer music festivals and concerts up here. Kind of fun being at the table hatching new ideas for generating off-season revenue.

Downhill MB run would be great! I did a summer run at Mammoth and it was both scary as fuck but a complete adrenaline rush.

I only went down once. Best not to tempt fate!
We have this event scheduled in July.

Back
Top Bottom