Bean's Stash Closet

My daughter loves to ski, but my wife (being a native Floridian) has only skied once in her life as a teenager. She definitely wants to learn and be able to go as a family now that I'm on the inside.
I always pause for a second when I see the length of skis people use nowadays. I remember running ski's a foot taller than me. Nowadays anything above eye level is too long!! 😄

The half pipe freaks seem to love those short twin tips. I remember watching from my chair one of those freaks trying to navigate a giant mogul field on short, wide twin tips. It wasn't pretty!!!😂

i used to love skiing.. i was never very good at it but good enough to have fun. i was the type that would tuck in and go as fast as i possibly could till i fell, get up and do it all over again!!

never been to maine skiing though, best places i went were killington and stowe.

i used to love skiing.. i was never very good at it but good enough to have fun. i was the type that would tuck in and go as fast as i possibly could till i fell, get up and do it all over again!!

never been to maine skiing though, best places i went were killington and stowe.
Luckily, I still have some cartilage left in my knees so I still have a few more seasons in me. My favorite places so far are Snowbird and Alta in Utah, Breckenridge, Copper, Vail and Aspen in Colorado, and Mammoth, Palisades at Tahoe, Northstar at Tahoe, Heavenly and Kirkwood in California.

Luckily, I still have some cartilage left in my knees so I still have a few more seasons in me. My favorite places so far are Snowbird and Alta in Utah, Breckenridge, Copper, Vail and Aspen in Colorado, and Mammoth, Palisades at Tahoe, Northstar at Tahoe, Heavenly and Kirkwood in California.

wow man, you've been to a whole bunch of places!! sounds like a lot of fun!!

i'd like to think my skiing days are not over. with the right crowd i'd go! i don't own ski's anymore anymore and have rented the last handful of times or so.

do you like boarding at all? i tried it the last few times i skied and started to like it. it's been years though.. i stopped way back when i lost health insurance and 50% of the time i'd get hurt so i hung it up... but now fast forward 20 years and i have full coverage again so i'd be down!!! :D

wow man, you've been to a whole bunch of places!! sounds like a lot of fun!!

i'd like to think my skiing days are not over. with the right crowd i'd go! i don't own ski's anymore anymore and have rented the last handful of times or so.

do you like boarding at all? i tried it the last few times i skied and started to like it. it's been years though.. i stopped way back when i lost health insurance and 50% of the time i'd get hurt so i hung it up... but now fast forward 20 years and i have full coverage again so i'd be down!!! :D
After I decided I was too old to become a professional surfer I thought the next best thing for sliding down a water mountain was skiing! My first time was at Heavenly. I was hooked. No having to wait for Mother Nature to serve me up a ride. Just jump on the chair and the mountain awaits!!! The other attraction for me as a surfer.....cough cough scantily clad women cough cough...was confirmed my first time in a lift line. The stretch fabric was strong with the female skiers!! 😄

I've snowboarded a few times and actually was starting to get the hang of it, i.e. I wasn't getting slapped against the mountain catching my front edge, but I wasn't into having to start all over again so I stuck with 2 planks instead of one. I did envy some of the early riders and how they were able to bonk different things on the trail but after hanging out with a bunch of teenage park freaks on skis I started to learn how to bonk stuff myself and go off jumps without breaking my neck! This next season will be the last season I attempt to do grabs off of jumps. My body can't take the constant crashing learning new tricks does to your body like a teenager with rubber bones does.

Back
Top Bottom