Cannabis high fertigation coco by Aqua Man

No matter how much of a doofus a person might be in math, there are always people who are worse.

I suppose there must be that one dude, though, who is actually the worst. Sorry dude.
Now you went to insulting me, all I got is addm,subm,x em & divide em, he's on thin ice here, Lol SSgrower

@Aqua Man
Thoughts on vermiculite as media?

And

Vermiculite Vs coco?

Video
- about 70-90% vermiculite or so, I'm at awe about the fact it's miniscule grains and it is all held together.

Attachments

• VID_20230805_203507245.mp4
    24.2 MB
  • 16912857454079108468218166867464.jpg
    16912857454079108468218166867464.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 2
Never really though about it. I cant see it having any major advantages i can think but never tried that
it "seems" to "breathe" easier/better than the coco.

the way it holds onto the moisture seems perfect

idk, i just transplanted a few weeks ago and verm is all i have atm, just seems to like it, surprised how well the roots are holding it all together.

Excellent thread.............just a question though.

With all the run off, if you have a high plant count or are using large pots- how do you control humidity with so much water on the floor. I'm sure a dehumidifier is helpful, but we are talking about a lot of excess water and wasted fertilizer?

• Deleted by Observer
Show…

With all the run off, if you have a high plant count or are using large pots- how do you control humidity with so much water on the floor. I'm sure a dehumidifier is helpful, but we are talking about a lot of excess water and wasted fertilizer?
i have my nutrient use pretty dialed in, will need an EC meter to confirm.
point is, getting the nutrient use accurate will help eliminate waste.

and the water ideally, is drained out somewhere else, or back to a return where you can then treat that water and get it back to where it needs to be to recycle and reuse it.

and of course you can combine that with Defol.

when i did mine i had a drain table and condensate pump the pumped it down the drain.

In actuality you really don’t water much more than any other style. Its just supplied differently in small frequent amounts. That keeps things more stable but you do need a good draining media.

The benefit to this is you can use very small pots and have much better gas exchange because of that. The frequent feeding bring in more o2 and the loose media in small pots also makes a big difference. All while keeping the PH, ppm etc very stable.

This method isn’t very well suited to larger pots but it also eliminates the need for larger pots

Interesting as I saw a video a few days ago on a grow in Perlite. Observer, you enjoy "Sea of Green" growing in small pots huh? Do you pull down a 1/2 lb. a light with those solo's you enjoy running or ya just getting rid of "Bagseed aculamation" misspelled< SSgrower?

Interesting as I saw a video a few days ago on a grow in Perlite. Observer, you enjoy "Sea of Green" growing in small pots huh? Do you pull down a 1/2 lb. a light with those solo's you enjoy running or ya just getting rid of "Bagseed aculamation" misspelled< SSgrower?

Everything ive been doing is to learn the science, the mechanics and the variables to be, manipulated.

once we get moved, more stable and set up, i will be doing an attempt at testing Yield/per sqft

none of my grows so far have been an attempt at Yield, so i cant really answer that YET, but i think i can possibly get 80g-117g/per sqft of canopy/grow space if not more, which would be around 6.5lbs, in 25 SQFT.

Last edited:
Thanks Observer, cowboy is all us old guys knew back in the 60's so I can "dig it", Stay down bro, hey @Aquaman & Max
Hey brother hope things are well. Peeking in here and there to see your beautiful work even if in silent. This summer is proving to be very busy as lots of friends and family around and all the events that go with that

Never really though about it. I cant see it having any major advantages i can think but never tried that
""Yes, the media that the root mass is grown in will also affect the amount of root mass that a red Solo cup can hold. Aerated media, such as perlite or vermiculite, will hold more root mass than non-aerated media, such as peat moss or coco coir.""

""
Here are some additional reasons why vermiculite allows for more root mass than coco or perlite or peat:

• Vermiculite has a larger pore size than coco or perlite or peat. This means that there is more space for air and water to circulate around the roots.
  • Vermiculite is more inert than coco or perlite or peat. This means that it does not contain any nutrients that can compete with the roots for food.
  • Vermiculite is more pH neutral than coco or perlite or peat. This means that it does not affect the pH of the water or nutrients that the roots are exposed to.
Overall, vermiculite is a good choice for media if you want to encourage root growth. It is aerated, lightweight, inert, and pH neutral. These properties make it a good environment for roots to grow and thrive.""

this is from BARD - Googles AI, has acccess to real time data unlike ChatGPT 3.5, and it may provide more accurate/realistic results/facts over the free version of chatgpt 3.5, perhaps.

The aeration properties of a particular media can vary depending on the following specific circumstances:

• The amount of vermiculite used. The more vermiculite you use, the more aerated the media will be.
  • The size of the vermiculite particles. Larger vermiculite particles will have larger pore sizes and will be more aerated than smaller vermiculite particles.
  • The moisture content of the media. Wet media will be less aerated than dry media.
  • The temperature of the media. Warmer media will be less aerated than cooler media.
  • The pH of the media. Acidic media will be less aerated than alkaline media.
  • The presence of other materials in the media. The presence of other materials, such as peat moss or coco coir, can reduce the aeration of the media.
- BARD

I believe the opposite that vermiculite is used for moisture retention and not for aeration.holds water and nutrients longer and has a higher retention rate than perlite…perlites used for aeration and to drain quickly.since vermiculate is compressed and expands so holds more water than perlite so it doesn’t aerate the soil as well as perlite so that means less oxygen for the plants..

I believe the opposite that vermiculite is used for moisture retention and not for aeration.holds water and nutrients longer and has a higher retention rate than perlite…perlites used for aeration and to drain quickly.since vermiculate is compressed and expands so holds more water than perlite so it doesn’t aerate the soil as well as perlite so that means less oxygen for the plants..
""
Vermiculite and perlite are both inert materials that are often used as growing media for plants. They are both lightweight and have good drainage properties, but vermiculite is more aerate than perlite.

Here are some of the reasons why vermiculite is more aerate than perlite:

• Vermiculite has a larger pore size than perlite. This means that there is more space for air to flow through vermiculite, which helps to improve drainage and aeration.
  • Vermiculite is more porous than perlite. This means that it has more tiny air pockets, which also helps to improve drainage and aeration.
  • Vermiculite retains water better than perlite. This means that it can help to keep your plants' roots moist without drowning them.
Perlite is also a good growing medium, but it is not as aerate as vermiculite. If you are looking for a growing medium that will provide your plants with good drainage and aeration, vermiculite is a better choice than perlite.

its all from google, so what is going on here?

i wonder what size vermiculite is being used in this context

because, otherwise i agree with you to an extent.

it also depends how much water youd be using in the first place too i suppose

If vermiculite was more porous you’d see it used with coco for drainage but seems it has a higher retention rate than perlite perlite is used.

maybe you could do a test 😀

If vermiculite was more porous you’d see it used with coco for drainage but seems it has a higher retention rate than perlite perlite is used.
but yes it is stated too that it does have higher retention rate. but the water flows easier.

the size of the vermiculite particles. Larger vermiculite particles will have larger pore sizes and will be more aerated than smaller vermiculite particles.

i hear youre point, but i dont think you are reading all of it word for word.
and as mentioned, it probably also depends on how much water youd use at the start

think a sponge, vermiculite is more "sponge-like" than perlite, therefor it "breathes" better.

provide me a way to test this,

full pot of perlite vs a full pot of vermiculite? and then...

Is this convincing?

This is like 90%+ vermiculite. The other is what's left from the transpot.

Hence the sponge.

Plus the root mass is more dense

There's a point to where you don't want the water to just pass by like it would in perlite.

Plus more root mass in the vermiculite than coco or perlite, look at it as a Whole, a piece of the puzzle.

I can post 100% perlite ones too

Attachments

• VID_20230808_235340145.mp4
    80.4 MB

Perlite can be like a crutch for incorrect watering practices.

And or if you want you're solution to flow right by/through.

Attachments

• VID_20230809_000138193.mp4
    42.2 MB
  • VID_20230809_000241217.mp4
    19.1 MB
And retention rate doesn't matter if you dont flood it.

Nothing convincing there mate.I could of shown you root system twice the mass of what’s in that pic buddy but all my pics been wiped from THC farmer…yeah I don’t water correctly..my bad.

you do you dude 👍.

Nothing convincing there mate.I could of shown you root system twice the mass of what’s in that pic buddy but all my pics been wiped from THC farmer…yeah I don’t water correctly..my bad.

you do you dude 👍.
i never said you didnt water correctly lol

so theres nothing convincing of that water flowing right through the vermiculite? you just said it retains more water than perlite, to an extent you want to retain some, why would you want the solution to all just flow right by and out? seems waste of ions.

i would like to see

The source of the data is right from Google BARD - up-to-date real time data.

Unless im mistaken

Back
Top Bottom