Cannabis high fertigation coco by Aqua Man

Vermiculite has a higher retention rate..perlite is medium retention rate.

no you never said that..you deleted what you said …something about people who use perlite dont water properly.was something similar to that..this is a aquas coco thread..admins clean up this shit…..

no you never said that..you deleted what you said …something about people who use perlite dont water properly.was something similar to that..this is a aquas coco thread..admins clean up this shit…..
Go back and read bro, I didn't delete anything.

And this just tells me even if I did proper testing you wouldn't believe the results if they were different than what you knew to be true.

Nice.

this what you referring to mate ?

Perlite can be like a crutch for incorrect watering practices.

And or if you want you're solution to flow right by/through.

And retention rate doesn't matter if you dont flood it.

MediaPore sizePorosityWater retention
VermiculiteLargeHighGood
PerliteSmallLowPoor

if google and mass data is bullshit then i dont know what to say.

• Deleted by Observer
Show…
  • Vermiculite has a larger pore size than perlite. This means that there is more space for air to flow through vermiculite, which helps to improve drainage and aeration.
  • Vermiculite is more porous than perlite. This means that it has more tiny air pockets, which also helps to improve drainage and aeration.
  • Vermiculite retains water better than perlite. This means that it can help to keep your plants' roots moist without drowning them.
we never disagreed here lmao

I would never use vermiculite in with my coco simply because it holds more water for longer so less air will b in the media..that’s how I see it.if vermiculite has more aeration I think aqua would of mentioned using that instead in his % of perlite to use in 1-2-3-4 gal pots..

I would never use vermiculite in with my coco simply because it holds more water for longer so less air will b in the media..that’s how I see it.if vermiculite has more aeration I think aqua would of mentioned using that instead in his % of perlite to use in 1-2-3-4 gal pots..
again, you would give it less water at a time then, lol.

with more (leading -> to ) frequent waterings, and youd still get a more dense root system with Vermiculite.

and with less water , more frequent waterings youd get better performance hence more air in root zone.

Last edited:
  • Deleted by Mad Max
Show…
with more frequent waterings, and youd still get a more dense root system with Vermiculite.

therefor a dense root system uptakes more water and nutrients.

therefore, MORE FREQUENT WATERINGS.

I might try it nxt grow using vermiculite instead and compare it to perlite

mines a 4 gal.aqua mentions 50% perlite to that container size so I will ask him how much vermiculite to use @Aqua Man

""
The amount of root mass that a red solo cup of vermiculite could hold would depend on the size and density of the root mass. However, as a general rule of thumb, you can expect a red solo cup of vermiculite to hold about 0.5-1 grams of root mass.

Here is a table that summarizes the amount of root mass that a red solo cup of vermiculite could hold:

Size of root massAmount of root mass (grams)
Fine (hairy) root mass0.5-0.75
Coarse root mass0.75-1
Dense root mass1-1.5

It is important to note that these are just estimates. The actual amount of root mass that a red solo cup of vermiculite could hold will vary depending on the specific circumstances.

Here are some additional factors that could affect the amount of root mass that a red solo cup of vermiculite could hold:

• The amount of vermiculite used: The more vermiculite you use, the more root mass the cup could hold.
  • The size of the vermiculite particles: Larger vermiculite particles would have larger pore sizes and would be able to hold more root mass than smaller vermiculite particles.
  • The moisture content of the vermiculite: Wet vermiculite would be able to hold more root mass than dry vermiculite.
  • The temperature of the vermiculite: Warmer vermiculite would be able to hold more root mass than cooler vermiculite.
  • The pH of the vermiculite: Acidic vermiculite would be able to hold more root mass than alkaline vermiculite.
  • The presence of other materials in the vermiculite: The presence of other materials, such as peat moss or coco coir, could reduce the amount of root mass that the cup could hold.
It is important to keep these factors in mind when choosing a media for your plants. If you are unsure about how much root mass a red solo cup of vermiculite could hold, it is always best to err on the side of caution and use a larger cup.""

try one plant 100% vermiculite, do less amount of water at time/ per time

root mass in perlite sucks dick, i can show this from 100% perlite plants.

ofc that varies off of how yorue watering but still.

No I’ll feed it the same amount as the others to see if it has more aeration as you mentioned.fed once a day.mixed in coco..

but if it has a different "performance" metric you wont be seeing it or utilizing it correctly, just further proving a Bias.

but i see ur point

it could be like saying oh ill treat this soil like its hydro.

it seems like coco high freq fert on steroids

ill test it further

it was literally just a transplant then i observed how well the tiny vermiculite particles are being held together and how its acting like a sponge.

but id love to hear aqua s thoughts on this too of course.

im just building off what theyve taught me.

If you use less water the media has more "air" correct?

Therefore it has more oxygen to the roots

If theirs less water the plant has less to uptake, therefore the plant also quickly uptakes that little amount of water, therefore, you need to water again sooner, therefore a "better" "high-frequency" fertigation Media.

now i wait for aqua to come tell me why im wrong

lol

oxygenate a solution with o2 concentrator in a fridge or fuckin o2 tanks and blow ur self up

theres u a highly-oxygenated-high-freq-fert-media without using aeroponics

bam

Back
Top Bottom