I hear you brother. My first symptoms were around June 2002, had an MRI two months later in July and received a diagnosis of vascular necrosis. They tried drilling holes up through my femurs to the hip joints in an attempt to restore blood flow. Didn’t work and the heads died and crumbled off. Fed me dilaudid until February 2003 when I had the left replaced. A month later they replaced the right. If they didn’t do the surgeries when they did I don’t know how much longer I could have endured without ending my life. I never got to that point looking back on it but I also think it probably wouldn’t have been much longer. I came through it as a stronger person I think. But it was tuff.
Man, you are one tuff fellow! Any idea what caused the vascular necrosis?

Man, you are one tuff fellow! Any idea what caused the vascular necrosis?
The biggest contributor was Alcohol. I think the prior 15 years of standing on steel deck plates aboard ships was also a factor. I gave the alcohol up with the diagnosis of vascular necrosis. But to all you young folk out there. You are not invincible and you cannot party your life away. It will catch up to you ten fold. I’m a walking testament to that.

Last edited:
I hear you brother. My first symptoms were around June 2002, had an MRI two months later in July and received a diagnosis of vascular necrosis. They tried drilling holes up through my femurs to the hip joints in an attempt to restore blood flow. Didn’t work and the heads died and crumbled off. Fed me dilaudid until February 2003 when I had the left replaced. A month later they replaced the right. If they didn’t do the surgeries when they did I don’t know how much longer I could have endured without ending my life. I never got to that point looking back on it but I also think it probably wouldn’t have been much longer. I came through it as a stronger person I think. But it was tuff.
Mad Respect Bro!🫡

Seems we have all taken some pretty good licks! Shows we have lived! All still standing to talk about it today. At least we know we are for sure not alone in our physical struggles and many of you have overcome some hard odds!
Here’s to you my bud smokin survivor buddies!
Who knows what our tomorrow convos may bring.

Good morning all!!!
About to go on a big hike, 10+ miles, called Old Rag in the Shenandoah valley here in VA. Only trail around that has a daily capacity due to how long it takes when it is overcrowded on the rock climbing sections.

Will post pictures later

I def feel for everyone here and their ailments.. we might not be invincible but at times we feel infinite, or at times our energy transcends the universe so to say.

Even as I get older, mentally I feel better, more at peace, even as my body slowly fails

I hope everyone really enjoys their time with others this weekend!!

Good morning all!!!
About to go on a big hike, 10+ miles, called Old Rag in the Shenandoah valley here in VA. Only trail around that has a daily capacity due to how long it takes when it is overcrowded on the rock climbing sections.

Will post pictures later

I def feel for everyone here and their ailments.. we might not be invincible but at times we feel infinite, or at times our energy transcends the universe so to say.

Even as I get older, mentally I feel better, more at peace, even as my body slowly fails

Stay safe out there and enjoy the views.

After our first 'heat wave' last week we get morning temps in low 50's upper 40's.
Second time yesterday arriving to frozen metal roof. It was 45 degrees in Grand Gorge!
It finally melted at 9:30 ~!:rolleyes:

Good morning all!!!

Will post pictures later

You live locally to that area? I ride my bikes down 231 quite often between sperryville and Madison. Beautiful area.

After our first 'heat wave' last week we get morning temps in low 50's upper 40's.
Second time yesterday arriving to frozen metal roof. It was 45 degrees in Grand Gorge!
It finally melted at 9:30 ~!:rolleyes:
Its some kind of crap isnt it?
We had 42 here yesterday morning.
I took my kids to wait for the bus in the car so they didnt freeze. The weather needs to figure its stuff out.

Morninnn all ya crazy menz!
Gorgeous day in the Zarks! Currently 62* and sunshine.
First morning back since pow wow that I can walk without great pain. Good thing too as it’s watering day.
Anybody using trim bins? If so, what kind and why do you like them?

I used a walker until they were completely disintegrated. Then wheel chair until they replaced them with prosthetic. I can walk today. Very dark time in my life. That was 20 years ago. Doctors want to do a revision now because the prosthetic is past it’s estimated service life of 15 years and I’m now experiencing random dislocation. I won’t do it though because of the high risk of losing my leg. I have stents literally inside stents in both legs from peripheral artery disease. The risk of interrupting blood flow from a hip replacement surgery and getting gain green is too high for me. So I live with it until I can’t anymore.
Holy cow, same thing here.
I started going downhill during an eco-challenge in New Zealand in 2004. Both hips replace in 2006.
That was a tough 2 years. Bone on bone pain for 2 years aged me significantly.

Yup, same one I just bought! I looked at them til I was cross eye and settled on this one. Should be here on the 21st. I liked the way it was made so you could actually have a practical place for my arms to rest.
I’m really happy with the way it seems to catch and gather the trichs. Let me know what you think, when you finally get to use it.

Yup, same one I just bought! I looked at them til I was cross eye and settled on this one. Should be here on the 21st. I liked the way it was made so you could actually have a practical place for my arms to rest.
I’m really happy with the way it seems to catch and gather the trichs. Let me know what you think, when you finally get to use it.
Will do. I'll be chopping the ol' gal down really soon. Gonna be a lot to trim. That's for sure.

I have the trim bin brand very similar, mine has changeable screens , ur gonna love catching all that yummy goodness in the bottom !

I have the trim bin brand very similar, mine has changeable screens , ur gonna love catching all that yummy goodness in the bottom !
I enjoy sitting back with my TrimBin in my lap.
For hours....🥲
Can't imagine not having it?🤷‍♂️
You poor souls. Which reminds me I have to leave so I can get some stuff over to the trimmer.

Did you see the one where biden was talking about being a lifeguard in the ghetto and how he knew that's where the good basketball was played? Lol that one had me laughing because it was so cringe and racist infront of a bunch of black people...I just don't know how they didn't start throwing chairs lol

Was literally like watching some old TV from pre MLK days

Back
Top Bottom