Arguing with National Grid this morning 😤😤
Im running less stuff in my house and they all consume LESS electricity and my usage went up by 500kwh......

They tried to tell me they come out and do meter reads monthly but ive been here almost 4 years and ive NEVER seen anyone come to the meter station in my back yard..... National Grid is nothing but a scam company taking everyones money.
This is how my city water issues started.

Don’t expect logic or common sense. Stay on them. I take a pic monthly as well so they can’t say it happened at a later date or higher price block.

At least private companies tend to listen better than city utilities. Own up to errors, if you can prove it.

Theyve never come read the meters, i have cameras all over my place and one watches the back yard, no one ever goes to the meters.
They just put in whatever number makes them happy imo.
Yep. Same here. Then they try to lie and I ask how they got over the 6’ fence that’s locked?

Got so quiet I could hear crickets 🦗

Yup, word of the day on the Corner.. Asshattery!
Lord, please let @steamroller have forgot his camera today, so he can’t show me pics from sickening heights. (Forgot to leave ya a meme, cuz I got high)
Im off to mix dirt. Soil. Dirty stuff. It’s that day. Five new ladies needing a bigger home.
It’s also watering day, and everyone gets something different. No quick hour long watering there. It’s like being a cook in a nursing home where all the patients are n different diets.
It’s also 60 and sunny here. A great day to open the windows and allow some over powering terps to disperse.
Soooo, I gotta stop playing! (Insert curse words here)
Catch yiz this evening!

Arguing with National Grid this morning 😤😤
Im running less stuff in my house and they all consume LESS electricity and my usage went up by 500kwh......

They tried to tell me they come out and do meter reads monthly but ive been here almost 4 years and ive NEVER seen anyone come to the meter station in my back yard..... National Grid is nothing but a scam company taking everyones money.
Same shit happened to a site I had built out. We were "adjusting" the meter as it was the old style mechanical ones and for the first run there was no issue. We calculated what the usage was pre build out and "adjusted" to that usage. Half way through the second run the bills are coming in higher and higher. At first we thought it was us not adjusting correctly but we figured out the reader wasn't even coming out to the site to read the meter and he was just making shit up.

I questioned the company about how their reader could be reading our meter as we had a surveillance camera pointing at the meter and no meter reader had been by to read the meter in months. They tried to make excuses by saying that the new meters didn't need someone to physically come up to it to read it and that they got readings from the street wirelessly. I sent them a picture of the meter. Meter reader showed up the next time and we got a credit for the months the charges were higher.

I requested that the company send out an email to us to confirm an actual date that the reader would be in the area so that we could have someone there to confirm what he was inputting into his terminal was the same as what the meter was showing.

Same shit happened to a site I had built out. We were "adjusting" the meter as it was the old style mechanical ones and for the first run there was no issue. We calculated what the usage was pre build out and "adjusted" to that usage. Half way through the second run the bills are coming in higher and higher. At first we thought it was us not adjusting correctly but we figured out the reader wasn't even coming out to the site to read the meter and he was just making shit up.

I questioned the company about how their reader could be reading our meter as we had a surveillance camera pointing at the meter and no meter reader had been by to read the meter in months. They tried to make excuses by saying that the new meters didn't need someone to physically come up to it to read it and that they got readings from the street wirelessly. I sent them a picture of the meter. Meter reader showed up the next time and we got a credit for the months the charges were higher.

I requested that the company send out an email to us to confirm an actual date that the reader would be in the area so that we could have someone there to confirm what he was inputting into his terminal was the same as what the meter was showing.
Damn what a racket....

On a lighter note, this is one of the random flasks that I got from a blind buy. Got one for each of the guys as party favors for our ugly Christmas sweater party this weekend

figured you all would get a kick out of thisPXL_20231207_022803962.jpg

Looked into the slime issue a bit.

I topped the NL2 after November 10th but before the 12th. It was just a tossed branch that lived.

After about 21 days I checked to see if I should toss or give away and saw the slime.

Today I expected to see it worse off after changing the water. But other than the top looking lighter in colour and roughed up from me I’m surprised it’s not in worse shape.

Day 25:
IMG_5981.jpegIMG_5982.jpegIMG_5983.jpegIMG_5984.jpeg

Flash is on so I can see better.

The slime was a bit fatter but dripping shrunk it.

Check it Monday.

I topped the NL2 after November 10th but before the 12th. It was just a tossed branch that lived.

After about 21 days I checked to see if I should toss or give away and saw the slime.

Today I expected to see it worse off after changing the water. But other than the top looking lighter in colour and roughed up from me I’m surprised it’s not in worse shape.

Day 25:
View attachment 33103View attachment 33104View attachment 33105View attachment 33106

Check it Monday.
Think I might trim a few leafs off and cut in half those that remain. That might help encourage roots.

No pictures today~!
Lift would not completely extend?
Not looking for pics from 90 feet that is common~!
Love when any piece of equipment does not operate correctly.
That and the ringing bells that go off with little red lights add to the excitement.
Got us high enough so to speak. They will auto lock you out when you push them.
That's no beuno when you stuck up in the air.
Went up to a whopping 24f and snowed from 11:30 out.
Perusing the Friday Calander for pre/ weekend activities.
First a chart for all;
1701984009308.png
Next just spit balling ideas;
1701984081951.png
:D

This reminds me of a ski trip I took back in the late 80's. It was a budget run so they piled a bunch of crazy ass skiers on to a bus and drove for 17 hours to Park City, Utah.

One of the skiers in the back had a battery powered blender and started making margaritas for everyone. Back in the 80's there was battery powered nothing so everyone was pretty amazed at that little workhorse! I don't remember anything past Nevada or when we got to the resort.

I'll try to remember to bring my phone with me and get some shots from the lift.
Work in 85 footers all the time but the big 125-150 are a lot more fun~!
Pics from being in a 150.
View attachment 32860
We had to get to top of flag pole~!
View attachment 32857
^^The BIG girl~!^^
View attachment 32856
^^Basically 150 feet straight up^^
View attachment 32858
^^ We were replacing the rope on the flag pole for Abany City Hall.^^
They said there used to be guys that did just this, but they could not find any anymore.
The lift was $5000 for the day~!
Man, you can see Schenectady and Troy(maybe even Joe Buck) from there.

Damn what a racket....

On a lighter note, this is one of the random flasks that I got from a blind buy. Got one for each of the guys as party favors for our ugly Christmas sweater party this weekend

figured you all would get a kick out of thisView attachment 33101
Jeez if you love Honkus

Think I might trim a few leafs off and cut in half those that remain. That might help encourage roots.
If I was actually trying to grow roots I agree. But this is all about the slime. The larger leaves are holding her in place nicely so I left them. Now I don’t want to change anything.

25+ days seems a lot without anything but water and no roots. Guessing the slime is feeding her?

Day 25:
View attachment 33103View attachment 33104View attachment 33105View attachment 33106

Check it Monday.
fuckin around with it or?

fresh water with peroxide.

If I was actually trying to grow roots I agree. But this is all about the slime. The larger leaves are holding her in place nicely so I left them. Now I don’t want to change anything.

25+ days seems a lot without anything but water and no roots. Guessing the slime is feeding her?
straight water cloning usually takes 1-4weeks ime, ive done it a few times

straight water cloning usually takes 1-4weeks ime, ive done it a few times
21 days is my ballpark. So far. But it’s a lot colder now.

If it continues like this for another week or two longer I’ll be surprised. It’s got to have roots by then, even if the slime is beneficial. That or it’s going to cannibalise itself, no?

21 days is my ballpark. So far. But it’s a lot colder now.

If it continues like this for another week or two longer I’ll be surprised. It’s got to have roots by then, even if the slime is beneficial. That or it’s going to cannibalise itself, no?
The plant will being to eat the fan leaves as some point. It is often the beginning of the plant developing roots.

Back
Top Bottom