Mornin Menz!
Its a sunny cold super blustery day here in the Zarks. I’ll take it though! Normally this time of the year we are wading and pushing snow.
So far the old way of predicting the winter weather is spot on. The wooly worms showed a mild winter a short rough patch and a mild spring. So far it’s true to measure. Mildest winter the Zarks has seen in years. So far it has saved me a ton of money normally spent to heat.
I have a big o pot of chili simmering on the stove this morning and am preparing to head back to the flower room. What a great day! 🥰

Damn, its really wet today...
The ditch has overflowed and is running through my back yard. Glad i raised my new shed up 10 inches!!
View attachment 34425View attachment 34426
We're getting that shit now, I get a new generator tomorrow with the power most likely going out today/night. 1 day late for this storm, my old generator needs repair and there's no one that'll do it. They are all backed up with them and no time to fix the ones they have.

So far it has saved me a ton of money normally spent to heat.
Yep!! Usually im already through 1.5 or 2 tons of pellets, im not even sure ive gone through 1 ton yet.
I run my stove at night and shut it off when i get up. If it dips below 67 in the house i turn it back on. Its been really mild this winter but we are headed back into the colder weather tomorrow here.

We're getting that shit now, I get a new generator tomorrow with the power most likely going out today/night. 1 day late for this storm, my old generator needs repair and there's no one that'll do it. They are all backed up with them and no time to fix the ones they have.
Thats something i need to get is a generator

Thats something i need to get is a generator
I have one. It runs off of propane. If we have ice here, the power is more than likely going out and sometimes it’s days before the electric company can even get to them to repair them. There is no getting out or moving around here in those periods. We also pay a yearly fee for a med evac copter should we have a medical emergency and need to get out. Ice shuts the whole world down around here.
I go into winter with a stocked pantry and a case of organic zig zags rolling papers. 🤣 I’m prepared.

Environment looking pretty on point as of now....now to monitor and hope it all holds.

Screenshot_20231218-123000_SensorPush.jpg

Got a little seed size ball of finger hash just from trimming some of the bigger leaves....time to put it Over top of this Dutch treat I'm smokin on and aim for the moon

i looked at this for like 20 seconds before i realized it was a sink!!!!! hahaha

just "sometimes" yeah right, that's beautiful country side bro!!
Bro, me too!!!
Oh yeah man, its a pretty place to live but other than that, there's not much going for NYS lol.
I live in the helderberg escarpment, wicked pretty place.

I have one. It runs off of propane. If we have ice here, the power is more than likely going out and sometimes it’s days before the electric company can even get to them to repair them. There is no getting out or moving around here in those periods. We also pay a yearly fee for a med evac copter should we have a medical emergency and need to get out. Ice shuts the whole world down around here.
I go into winter with a stocked pantry and a case of organic zig zags rolling papers. 🤣 I’m prepared.
Yes,this one is a dual fuel generator Propane & gas, we have a propane dealer 200yard down the highway I can drive my lawn tractor over to if need be to haul back a tank full,

Yes,this one is a dual fuel generator Propane & gas, we have a propane dealer 200yard down the highway I can drive my lawn tractor over to if need be to haul back a tank full,
Just run it on propane wont have the gum up problems. You lose a little voltage running on propane

A few hours later and my flower tent is restocked. It's going to be a veg tent for a couple weeks while my harvest dries then I'm gonna split it up some. Goal is wall to wall, testing out everything on the 2.0 run.

20231218_153016.jpg

They look rough they've been under 75watts shared their whole life...250 watts today surely gonna beat em down a bit, I'll revisit in a couple days they'll be happier.

Propane Generators...........🤬

Did a 40 light build out in a house up in the hills where there were no services. The house was a mansion that some guy lost in foreclosure and the new owner decided he wanted to turn it into a grow for a couple years then, rehab it and flip it.

Did the full build out with the last piece being the Generator that had come with the place. It was underpowered, even for the mansions basic needs. I had located a good used one from an oil rig that was using them as backups so they were rarely turned on and had minimal hours. The price was super cheap too!!

Owner kept stalling until I confronted him and he finally told me that his partner on the deal and he had split up on bad terms and that we would have to move the entire operation to another foreclosed home he had acquired!😤

This was towards the end of the build stage:
Wildomar Build.jpgWildomar Build A.jpg

Just run it on propane wont have the gum up problems. You lose a little voltage running on propane
I hope you mean wattage, voltage drops increase amperage and can burn out equipment. I only need about 4,000 watts to keep my lights, heater, furnace, fridge, TV/ internet, ...just emergency stuff. Its a 10,000 watt gen so It should cover everything I need. 1702941942152.png A Costco special

I hope you mean wattage, voltage drops increase amperage and can burn out equipment. I only need about 4,000 watts to keep my lights, heater, furnace, fridge, TV/ internet, ...just emergency stuff. Its a 10,000 watt gen so It should cover everything I need. View attachment 34571 A Costco special
You are correct wattage. I purchased that one a couple years ago runs whole house. In Ontario you can get an insert that plugs into your meter and plug generater into it it feeds the panel with built in surge protecter. Have to go through Licensed Elec. and get hydro involved to open meter to put insert in cost 1700.00 dollars for that expensive but worth it for convience

Evening Menz!
I’m down to a plant and a half to finish cleaning tomorrow. Damn glad to as I’m darn tired of sitting! By tomorrow afternoon all will be hanging to dry.
Im pretty pleased with this crop, trying something new. But the dry weight will tell the real story. That’s a couple of weeks out.
My Hubby said my buds look like swords.. I’m okay with that!

all this genny talk had me thinking i should fire mine up to make sure it runs before i need it... battery was dead, took a little either to get er going but seems to be running smooth now!!! gonna let it run for about an hour, should be good to go for the winter!!

don't get caught with your pants down, check your generators!!!

You are correct wattage. I purchased that one a couple years ago runs whole house. In Ontario you can get an insert that plugs into your meter and plug generater into it it feeds the panel with built in surge protecter. Have to go through Licensed Elec. and get hydro involved to open meter to put insert in cost 1700.00 dollars for that expensive but worth it for convience
$1700 bucks!!! I have 2 extension cords through to my grow and 1 to the furnace. I just have to plug them into the generator and disconnect from house power. I don't want to back feed my power out of my house and down the electric lines to the transformers. It takes me about 1/2 hr to set it all up. I also run 2 more cords through the cat door for fridge and TV.

Power is out across the province but we stayed lit after last night storm. Generator should come today. My last gen lasted 15 years but I only ran it for use 6-7 times, its still a good gen but its a pull start and I've pulled my guts out trying to get it to go and it won't fire up. Just no one to fix it up. As soon as we get the new one I'll take the old one in to sit in their shop until they get around to fixing it, Then try to sell it once fixed. The shop told me they had a dozen on the shop floor waiting for parts & a qualified person to do the repairs.......could take a long time the way things are now.

$1700 bucks!!! I have 2 extension cords through to my grow and 1 to the furnace. I just have to plug them into the generator and disconnect from house power. I don't want to back feed my power out of my house and down the electric lines to the transformers. It takes me about 1/2 hr to set it all up. I also run 2 more cords through the cat door for fridge and TV.

Power is out across the province but we stayed lit after last night storm. Generator should come today. My last gen lasted 15 years but I only ran it for use 6-7 times, its still a good gen but its a pull start and I've pulled my guts out trying to get it to go and it won't fire up. Just no one to fix it up. As soon as we get the new one I'll take the old one in to sit in their shop until they get around to fixing it, Then try to sell it once fixed. The shop told me they had a dozen on the shop floor waiting for parts & a qualified person to do the repairs.......could take a long time the way things are now.
Sounds like other gennny is gummed up. I always use higher octane gas in genny ,lawnmowers, outboard motors . Theres a product called SEA Foam i get at canadian tire does wonders to keep gum varnish gunk at bay.

Sounds like other gennny is gummed up. I always use higher octane gas in genny ,lawnmowers, outboard motors . Theres a product called SEA Foam i get at canadian tire does wonders to keep gum varnish gunk at bay.
I don't do Canadian Tire ever again for any reason. Long story short, fkem they've pissed me off for the last time. Sea Foam eh, too late ...lol.. my new gen just arrived. When I called around to see if there was anyone that could fix my old gen only 1 company said they could but they had a dozen on their shop floor waiting for parts ......and.......someone qualified to fix them as their main man was out sick.

I'll set this one up today and then maybe I'll take the other in for repair....or to sit and wait for repair,

Back
Top Bottom