You see @CannaGranny loves the fact you are a man and think you can change while ima sit back and eat some popcorn while you figure it out how and @TSD likes that idea and @steamroller doesn't think you can… nailed it ✅
Ok, now that is figured out, how am i to decide from such a long list? By the time ive decided if i even liked it or not, ive forgotten the question

Need another bowl of hash

What have you got in the Isopropyl department?
I'm not sure but it sounds explosive and I really don't have a good place to set up and vent anything other than electric stove and hood vent but.......me in my house with explosives is not a good idea, left can be right and ooops happens too often especially to do it a first time in my home.......

sometimes shinny bobbles takes me away from my task and I go chasing butterflies or other distractions......

OOOps there goes the house would not be a good thing....a soft boil in Coconut oil is at the outer edge of my cooking skills and its taken me 2 years to get that down so I don't boil the water out of the lower pot.

I'm not sure but it sounds explosive and I really don't have a good place to set up and vent anything other than electric stove and hood vent but.......me in my house with explosives is not a good idea, left can be right and ooops happens too often especially to do it a first time in my home.......

sometimes shinny bobbles takes me away from my task and I go chasing butterflies or other distractions......

OOOps there goes the house would not be a good thing....a soft boil in Coconut oil is at the outer edge of my cooking skills and its taken me 2 years to get that down so I don't boil the water out of the lower pot.
Hot plate outdoors? Omfg my fat fingers

Last edited:

You don't have to heat it,even though it is pretty safe.it will evaporate on its own just takes alot longer.i just throw it hot plate double boiler keep a fan blowing and it won't collect enough to ignite fumes.would take a lot more than your making for a explosion.

Once reduced enough in the rice cooker I place in a pyrex bowl and finish it in oven.
Set oven to 200f and when it reaches shut it off.
Then place bowl in oven.
No spark, no flame no explosion.
Didn't you buy a distiller
I may have forgotten Red Green, but you will remember what a real slacker I am~!
Yea I got the one SLG has pretty sure.
Need to make all my concentrates as I have been ' working' real hard lately~! 🥴
iso is cheap [ I use 90%] so am waiting to use the Golden Grain 190 with the distiller.
Been in the freezer for a minute.

@Pipecarver
I got it all picked, washed and laid out to dry. Will be about 3-5 days before I can do the rest of it. But for sure have the project on the move!
Im cleaning porches tomorrow, got a shoot Saturday and will take Sunday off. Be back at it on Monday.
I’m trying to get it all out of the way so I don’t feel guilty about lazy pool days!

I’m just coming for dessert 🤪
I don’t mind cooking at all, what I dislike is trying to figure out what to cook. The Hubby and I trade up nights, which I appreciate. He is a full on Native/French Arcadian Cajun. I stole him from New Orleans 😂 So, our styles of cooking are very different.
i bet he makes a mean pot of Gumbo?

What have you got in the Isopropyl department?
What kind of Isopropyl am I looking for....I see 75%....99% kosher...70& rubbing....premium food grade 75%.....I'm thinking of making a run to Maine where I can get 151 proof Everclear. 6 hours each way then premium duty & exchange for not staying 24hrs in the States before returning with booze, still I'm willing to make the trip on a hot sunny day if I can guarantee its available.

What kind of Isopropyl am I looking for....I see 75%....99% kosher...70& rubbing....premium food grade 75%.....I'm thinking of making a run to Maine where I can get 151 proof Everclear. 6 hours each way then premium duty & exchange for not staying 24hrs in the States before returning with booze, still I'm willing to make the trip on a hot sunny day if I can guarantee its available.
OK. I know you want this short and sweet, forget the science and just give the answer.

I do not believe it is worth your time to drive for 151. That is still 1/4 water.

I think your local supermarket or drug store might have 99% iso. It will be cheaper, closer, and just as effective as long as you give it lots of time to air purge out any ISO remaining in the output. You do not want to consume ISO.

Between ISO and ETOH (everclear) ISO is actually slightly better at extraction. ETOH is safer because if you do not get it all out, it's just a beer in your gummies.

OK. I know you want this short and sweet, forget the science and just give the answer.

I do not believe it is worth your time to drive for 151. That is still 1/4 water.

I think your local supermarket or drug store might have 99% iso. It will be cheaper, closer, and just as effective as long as you give it lots of time to air purge out any ISO remaining in the output. You do not want to consume ISO.

Between ISO and ETOH (everclear) ISO is actually slightly better at extraction. ETOH is safer because if you do not get it all out, it's just a beer in your gummies.
I personally use etoh because its food grade although i dont drink beer

Yall talking about making some Qwiso?

That ISO shit scares me not knowing what I'm doing....if after a few extractions and I get the process and technique involved I could do it like a champ but first time jitters makes me want something safer like the ETOH you mention as in Everclear......I like the drive and even without going for everclear I'd like a flat of USA beer.....I like Bud fk the protests and I'd like to take the trip up anyways...Everclear is just an excuse to add fuel to my quest....

Back
Top Bottom