Do plants which have “revegged” have a tendency towards the flower cycle?

TomH

Herb Hitman
Reaction score
I have a plant in the Bay Area that is getting it’s lighting cues from sunrise/sunset times.
It is a Super Blue Dream clone that started into flower during the rooting process (my lighting goof up).
It’s been normal”ish” for a couple months, growing along happily, throwing 3 and 5 finger leaves.

A week prior, I had it set for 16 hrs on, 8 hrs off. Now, its getting 14hrs 47min light, but looks like it started to stretch about a day ago and is really getting into it Today!

Tons of white hairs popping out in pairs, I suppose marking budsites.
The growth points all have that bright green “overdrive” look to them.
All branches look like they grew noticeably overnight and are pointing right at the light!

My question is why? Why now?

Does revegging leave a tendency towards flowering?
Would that reduction in light (16:00 hrs to 14:47 hrs) be enough to signal the change in life?

I was trying to mimic the solar cycle with the LED lighting, expecting flowering to initiate on July 31.

Maybe I’m going to have an early harvest? At least in the Bay Area. I’ll need to give that plant in the foothills a look to see it it’s doing the same. It’s been growing at a stretch rate for about 4 weeks now, but last I looked (Friday evening), it didn’t have the stretch color going on.

Here’s the plant, and some closeups of a couple bud sites.

Sure looks like initiation of flower to me. But it caught me off guard.

Attachments

• IMG_7187.jpeg
    IMG_7187.jpeg
    866.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7184.jpeg
    IMG_7184.jpeg
    458.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7186.jpeg
    IMG_7186.jpeg
    437.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7185.jpeg
    IMG_7185.jpeg
    432.3 KB · Views: 4
Here’s the plant, and some closeups of a couple bud sites.

Sure looks like initiation of flower to me. But it caught me off guard.
I had a plant flower at 15/9 so I'm not surprised by this actually.

being a reveg maybe they have the tendency to flower a little faster??? Idk I kinda have a grudge against reveg plants 🤣

I have a plant in the Bay Area that is getting it’s lighting cues from sunrise/sunset times.
It is a Super Blue Dream clone that started into flower during the rooting process (my lighting goof up).
It’s been normal”ish” for a couple months, growing along happily, throwing 3 and 5 finger leaves.

A week prior, I had it set for 16 hrs on, 8 hrs off. Now, its getting 14hrs 47min light, but looks like it started to stretch about a day ago and is really getting into it Today!

Tons of white hairs popping out in pairs, I suppose marking budsites.
The growth points all have that bright green “overdrive” look to them.
All branches look like they grew noticeably overnight and are pointing right at the light!

My question is why? Why now?

Does revegging leave a tendency towards flowering?
Would that reduction in light (16:00 hrs to 14:47 hrs) be enough to signal the change in life?

I was trying to mimic the solar cycle with the LED lighting, expecting flowering to initiate on July 31.

Maybe I’m going to have an early harvest? At least in the Bay Area. I’ll need to give that plant in the foothills a look to see it it’s doing the same. It’s been growing at a stretch rate for about 4 weeks now, but last I looked (Friday evening), it didn’t have the stretch color going on.
Outdoors in the Carolinas, I used to have plants starting to flower in July. Most plants will flower at 10 hours of darkness, from what I've seen, and it can be fewer when the plants get to "see" sunset, and the associated far red light.

You are likely to have an early harvest.

Revegging plants (as I've liked to do since meeting many of the crew here on THCF years back) will both be more eager to flower because of the already developed root system and will finish flowering a couple weeks earlier than the first flower. There's a G13 Widow from Mr. Nice in my tent right now coming off of a reveg.

Back
Top Bottom