G$ with a 9 plant SoG with Greenpoint Seeds, Dutch Passion, and "Tengu seed co" (if thats even still a thing)

Tester seeds brother. Sometimes they strike gold and others you're like WTF?
I can tell ya mine are very very different from yours and different from any other plant in my herd. What I'm seeing reminds me of a weird pheno I pulled from a pack of Gage Green Transformer seeds.

There's some seriously funky & rare cannabis genetics that show themselves sometimes. Deep recessive traits for whatever reason decide to show.
I'm thinking my pheno of SJ is a Dr. Grinspoon cut and yours may be a Deep Chunk pheno

Like check these out and tell me if you see something similar

How a Dr.G and DC pheno can come from the same seed stock is beyond my pay grade. I'll ride it out though because what I got from Transformer was unusual it was also very memorable for having these tiny buds that look like they were dipped in chrome alloy and it was potent AF. I just wouldn't want it to be the only strain in my crop having such a very underwhelming yield
I've seen you talking about that cut before...you keep it around or is it gone? I'm just interested to see it....can that chrome look be photographed or is it something only the naked eye really sees?

I've seen you talking about that cut before...you keep it around or is it gone? I'm just interested to see it....can that chrome look be photographed or is it something only the naked eye really sees?

I passed the rest of the pack on and haven't gone with GGG since really. Had some good strains from them but they were also the most expensive. What I was pulling from $40 packs was just as good as their $150 packs then you get something weird like that ya move on.
I was able to capture the chrome look since it was grown in my backyard in a greenhouse. There may be some old pics online somewhere but not sure. Maybe in a video I made at some time. The forums I posted them to are long gone as well as the camera, sd card, and computer I had at the time.

I had Bruce banner, suposedly , Gorilla glue, and other strains messed with by growers on The THC Framer, I gave em up, they were decent but, I want to find my strain or strains I get HIGH, fully happy with taste & smell as well. May never get there, great Journey though. SS

I had Bruce banner, suposedly , Gorilla glue, and other strains messed with by growers on The THC Framer, I gave em up, they were decent but, I want to find my strain or strains I get HIGH, fully happy with taste & smell as well. May never get there, great Journey though. SS
Never really cared for bruce banner, i grew it 7 or 8 times and it was always mediocre weed, but it was seed from ILGM so cant expect much lol.

Id check out Irie genetics, Ethos, DFG, Match Maker Genetics, and more im forgetting lol.

But those there are some real popular solid genetics a lot of the people here run constantly with great results.

Looking decent.
Not totally thrilled but I messed up turning the heat down to 56 when I went on vacation and they stalled out right at the start of stretch 😔🤦🏻View attachment 47996
Will do this again for sure though

It had been a while since you posted here. No way I was going to ask after the last SCROG went south. 🤣

Glad these are doing good. I’d be happy to come to that. 👍👌

It had been a while since you posted here. No way I was going to ask after the last SCROG went south. 🤣

Glad these are doing good. I’d be happy to come to that. 👍👌
Well. It's not a screen of green (scrog), it's a sea of green (sog)
I can grow plants just fine, even multiple strains dint give me an issue, but scrogging tho, fuck that shit, I'll probably never try it again.

As expected I found some balls on the Triangle Kush x Okie from ol trusty......
But I didn't expect to find balls on a ZaZa and 2 Gorilla Butter S1s from GPS 😔

Guess I'll get plucking 😭

Yeah I'm pretty sour.
I thought it was all on the new tester stuff until I realized I had coffee crisps in my hands at the moment and that's an older pack. 😳
Is what it is now, im too far in to chop 8 of 9 plants 🤷🏻
Was just hoping for a run of non seeded bud this run but nope. Picking seeds again next harvest too 🤦🏻😤

As expected I found some balls on the Triangle Kush x Okie from ol trusty......
But I didn't expect to find balls on a ZaZa and 2 Gorilla Butter S1s from GPS 😔

Guess I'll get plucking 😭

Is everything you're growing herming right now?
I have a few GBs and they're clean here brother

And on the coffee crisps too. 😤View attachment 48014
Won't be buying from GPS again either at this point

You sure those are hermie flowers and not false calyxs? Are you plucking those from underneath a node that branches off the main stalk?
I don't see the yellow banana flower spikes is why I ask

Is everything you're growing herming right now?
Just 1 of 3 ZaZa, 1 of 2 Gorilla Butters, and 1 of 2 Coffee Crisps.
Some only have 1 or 2, but the coffee crisp was loaded last night. They're coming off right at the node, if I pulled one open it has bananas in it they just haven't opened yet.

Just 1 of 3 ZaZa, 1 of 2 Gorilla Butters, and 1 of 2 Coffee Crisps.
Some only have 1 or 2, but the coffee crisp was loaded last night. They're coming off right at the node, if I pulled one open it has bananas in it they just haven't opened yet.

That's weird dude. And alarming. You using anything with hormones or bloom boosters because that's some serious anomaly becoming a trend.
Usually what comes off that node is only a false calyx

You can kinda see a banana in the sac thats blown open in the very bottom of my hand in the picture above

I wonder if you sent it in for testing how it would test sex wise

I saw an interview between archive and orgnkid the other day and he talked about getting herms from certain products. Essentially he was growing had a bunch of herms shut down moved... started back up but only had so much of the nutrient that was causing the herming. Where he didn't use said product everything was fine, and he never even put it together until someone else using the same nutes complained about herming as well then he said it clicked.... something in the product wasn't the same anymore

That's weird dude. And alarming. You using anything with hormones or bloom boosters because that's some serious anomaly becoming a trend
I've only been using fox farm grow big and their salts, open sesame, beastie bloomz, and cha-ching, same stuff steam uses, in fact it's from his buckets lol.
I also use GH CALiMAGic, but that's literally it, and i dont feed the FF salts at full strength.

I've been following GPS on discord and A LOT of the animal cookies stuff is herming as of late so idk. Doesn't look good.

Usually what comes off that node is only a false calyx
The straight jackets or the strawberry cough from DP isn't dropping balls.
I've always been told cookie and cake strains herm bad and all the ones herming are cake and cookie crosses. Or gg4. Shit. There goes my theory.

I wonder if you sent it in for testing how it would test sex wise

I saw an interview between archive and orgnkid the other day and he talked about getting herms from certain products. Essentially he was growing had a bunch of herms shut down moved... started back up but only had so much of the nutrient that was causing the herming. Where he didn't use said product everything was fine, and he never even put it together until someone else using the same nutes complained about herming as well then he said it clicked.... something in the product wasn't the same anymore

I grew some of the Archive hermie stuff and yeah it was off. Like the genetics got corrupted somehow and I was kicking around the idea in my head that it wasn't light leaks or anything but hi potency bloom boosters that can cause the flip.

Another grow I had done was a side by side with Bloombastic to see if it really did increase trichs. The Bloombastic plant hermied but was also much more frosty

I've only been using fox farm grow big and their salts, open sesame, beastie bloomz, and cha-ching, same stuff steam uses, in fact it's from his buckets lol.
I also use GH CALiMAGic, but that's literally it, and i dont feed the FF salts at full strength.

I've been following GPS on discord and A LOT of the animal cookies stuff is herming as of late so idk. Doesn't look good.

Yeah those strains do have hermie traits but are recessive and rare. Original GG#4 did come from a hermie.
Those three boosters are extremely potent though, designed for large trees, so I can see how they'd push the hormones out of balance on smaller plants.
You're walking a fine line with cookie and gorillas and bloom boosters and looks like you've crossed it on a few plants.
Mine don't get anything like that because I don't trust salts or boosters so that may be why I don't get hermies but from past experience using boosters and seeing this it makes me even more cautious about those type of products.
Sorry you're experiencing this dude but if I were you I wouldn't use boosters on gorillas or cookie cuts. Go mild on the ferts since they're not heavy feeders at all. Really ample soil volume in a good rich soil like what Steam and a lot of us are using and doing a just add water grow is more than enough food for those strains. When they get pushed hard they react in unpredictable ways from hermies, mutations, to no buds at all and just button like tips on branches loaded with resin covered leaves. They seem hard to grow sometimes because of that but they're true less is more to make them happy sorta strains

I grew some of the Archive hermie stuff and yeah it was off. Like the genetics got corrupted somehow and I was kicking around the idea in my head that it wasn't light leaks or anything but hi potency bloom boosters that can cause the flip.

Another grow I had done was a side by side with Bloombastic to see if it really did increase trichs. The Bloombastic plant hermied but was also much more frosty

Yeah those strains do have hermie traits but are recessive and rare. Original GG#4 did come from a hermie.
Those three boosters are extremely potent though, designed for large trees, so I can see how they'd push the hormones out of balance on smaller plants.
You're walking a fine line with cookie and gorillas and bloom boosters and looks like you've crossed it on a few plants.
Mine don't get anything like that because I don't trust salts or boosters so that may be why I don't get hermies but from past experience using boosters and seeing this it makes me even more cautious about those type of products.
Sorry you're experiencing this dude but if I were you I wouldn't use boosters on gorillas or cookie cuts. Go mild on the ferts since they're not heavy feeders at all. Really ample soil volume in a good rich soil like what Steam and a lot of us are using and doing a just add water grow is more than enough food for those strains. When they get pushed hard they react in unpredictable ways from hermies, mutations, to no buds at all and just button like tips on branches loaded with resin covered leaves. They seem hard to grow sometimes because of that but they're true less is more to make them happy sorta strains
What throws me off is I haven't even fed them anything but FF grow big yet.
I was just going to give them their first feed of open sesame at 1/8tsp per gallon, and i only feed them once every 10 days 🤷🏻

All my plants in the 4x4 have been fed the same stuff but 1/4tsp per gallon and not a one hermed on me, including 2 ZaZa and a Sour x Wedding Cake. Plants are weird, they're like people in 2024, apparently females can be males, or both for that matter. Lol🤣

Different strains even same breeder do make me question if something in the environment is the cause.
Timers are all working, no light leaks? I don't even officially know besides genetics what people try to blame herming on, but I would be checking all of them out.
The fact it is different strains just makes me more suspicious.
Others are growing the coffee crisp so we will see how they do.
I appreciate the heads up.
Can't say I would be surprised after how the newbs in my tent have behaved.
Feel ya on just saying no more to the source. I will probably not purchase again from my source of the autos.
So far my GPs are behaving as far as herming.
If I was un happy with what I have been doing or wanted something different I might be more flexible about trying stuff out.
I really am not interested that much in expanding at a cost or loss.
I have been feeding the FF trio way heavier than you.
I know you are following the 1/4 teaspoon gallon.
I am at 1 tablespoon per 5g. That's just over 2X what you are at.

Different strains even same breeder do make me question if something in the environment is the cause.
Timers are all working, no light leaks? I don't even officially know besides genetics what people try to blame herming on, but I would be checking all of them out.
The fact it is different strains just makes me more suspicious.
Others are growing the coffee crisp so we will see how they do.
I appreciate the heads up.
Can't say I would be surprised after how the newbs in my tent have behaved.
Feel ya on just saying no more to the source. I will probably not purchase again from my source of the autos.
So far my GPs are behaving as far as herming.
If I was un happy with what I have been doing or wanted something different I might be more flexible about trying stuff out.
I really am not interested that much in expanding at a cost or loss.
I have been feeding the FF trio way heavier than you.
I know you are following the 1/4 teaspoon gallon.
I am at 1 tablespoon per 5g. That's just over 2X what you are at.
Yeah I'm just confused on the whole thing cause I've used 4 different nutrient lines in the last 18 months and I've had plenty of herms. 99% have been cakes or cookies. Now I have 1 gg4 cross too. But only 1 has been bad so far the rest only had 1 or 2 so it may just be a fluke, plus it's all on the lower shit that would normally get lollipopped but I did a quick veg and flip for this run so I didn't clean up the lowers much at all.

GPS Discord shows all the strains I'm growing with herms too so I'm not so sure it's me or my environment, but it could be 🤷🏻.
@SSHZ said he got herms from GPS years ago and that's why he stopped buying their stuff.

The straight jackets or the strawberry cough from DP isn't dropping balls.
I've always been told cookie and cake strains herm bad and all the ones herming are cake and cookie crosses. Or gg4. Shit. There goes my theory.
Terrible, and or lazy breeding practices then.

I could not pass my shit a long without knowing 100% it's going to perform, Everytime.

I think it's a lot of pollen chucking going on lately. But idk man, breeding is a rough game imo
Sounds like it, the commercial game is "corrupted", "tainted" by big corps, and grummy kids trying to catch a fast buck off a plant.

I'm on my breeding/cultivation project and I don't see being able to release anything within the next few years even, yet alone where to even properly
start without "plagiarizing" someone else's work..

Good things take time.

Genetic manipulation the classical way takes time.

ZaZa is not happy, I turned the light to 100% and that increased the demand for food, which she clearly didn't have enough of and ate every last bit of N plus like all her leaves 😳
The rest are happy as can be tho so I'm fine with that. 20240317_202545.jpg

Back
Top Bottom