Kuwl's Deja Vue All Over Again

Going for a walk in the yard and smoke one.
Been smokin the QC B and F OG and they are pretty good except for the seeds
I have to clean out. haha I do about an 8th at a time.
Nice day out today!
Hey Bro! This is off topic but I'm curious why you smoke cones and not straight joints? I've wondered about this for a while now. I've smoked cones before and they were pretty much just oversized joints. Just curious why people smoke cones and not joints.

Hey Bro! This is off topic but I'm curious why you smoke cones and not straight joints? I've wondered about this for a while now. I've smoked cones before and they were pretty much just oversized joints. Just curious why people smoke cones and not joints.
I used to roll with Zig Zag 1 1/2 rice papers with my fingers.
Then I got old.
I used a roller for a while too, which made it a lot easier.
Then last year, my hands have it bad, so I found these cones and just have to clean and pack the shit in there.
Easy Peasy
At 74 with arthritis, dam fingers don't work the way they used to. :LOL:
I found some cheaper ones than the Zig Zag's so am gonna try em.
SmokyJoy ........I gotta laugh at their name tho.

I used to roll with Zig Zag 1 1/2 rice papers with my fingers.
Then I got old.
I used a roller for a while too, which made it a lot easier.
Then last year, my hands have it bad, so I found these cones and just have to clean and pack the shit in there.
Easy Peasy
At 74 with arthritis, dam fingers don't work the way they used to. :LOL:
I found some cheaper ones than the Zig Zag's so am gonna try em.
SmokyJoy ........I gotta laugh at their name tho.
Got it!!! (y)

Hey, it's got 5 leaves now!!
Checked on them today to see if any changes I made to the Green House
made any difference with the plants.
I put a 2' wide and 10' long section of Panda tarp drapped over the front end of my GH
to block any unwanted light at night, that comes mainly from the street light.
Also taped up some cardboard at the highesst end peaks.
And leave them in there all day and night.
Only moving I do with them is move a few feet towards the entrance
for better daytime light.
Seems it helped the avacado plant :LOL:.
Slowly they grow, inch by inch.....
but not sure if they (4 seedlings) are where they're supposed to be at 4 wks.
Those first 3 plants I started shot up like arrows but the other 4 look more normal.
Not sure how old they are, I'm to lazy to look back, ha!
Does not matter, only matters when they flower and that should be in bout 5-6 wks.

IMG_4725.JPGIMG_4726.JPGIMG_4729.JPGIMG_4730.JPGIMG_4731.JPG

Slow going
But I've got it down to very minor work :D
I think I still have a minor light leak in the Green House.
Cause 4 plants in the 3 gal cloth bags are all tri-leafers.
But they seem to be growing fine.
The "Avocado" plant, as PC called it, is doing great!
More leaves and more stems and the staulk is about pencil thick, so that's good too.
I forgot how old it is, will have to check.

I got an idea for the flooring in my grow room.
It's this inter locking foam type tile.
For $36 I can cover almost a 6' x 6' area to work on.
I like to keep them off the cement floor in winter.
Also I got these oil pipes going threw my cellar wall which I
can use for air intake. Exhaust goes out my chimney so the fresh
air should help out unless it's too cold, then I will run it threw the heater finns.
I still have to install the extra breakers and outlets tho.

Here is some pic's of the gr as it sits now.
The pipes
IMG_4732.JPG
Foam against the wooden wall are what I use to insulate the pots from the cold cement floor.
IMG_4733.JPG
I blocked off the cellar window with black out tarp and styrofoam.
IMG_4734.JPG
The door I will use and entrance to the grow room.
As you can see there are 3 wooden walls that have to be covered and light proofed.
IMG_4735.JPG
IMG_4736.JPG
Flooring I want to use
Image1.jpg

Plants are doing well except 2 of them, not so good , hope I get a lil smoke out of that avocado one, :LOL:.
IMG_4737.JPGIMG_4738.JPGIMG_4739.JPG

Slow going
But I've got it down to very minor work :D
I think I still have a minor light leak in the Green House.
Cause 4 plants in the 3 gal cloth bags are all tri-leafers.
But they seem to be growing fine.
The "Avocado" plant, as PC called it, is doing great!
More leaves and more stems and the staulk is about pencil thick, so that's good too.
I forgot how old it is, will have to check.

I got an idea for the flooring in my grow room.
It's this inter locking foam type tile.
For $36 I can cover almost a 6' x 6' area to work on.
I like to keep them off the cement floor in winter.
Also I got these oil pipes going threw my cellar wall which I
can use for air intake. Exhaust goes out my chimney so the fresh
air should help out unless it's too cold, then I will run it threw the heater finns.
I still have to install the extra breakers and outlets tho.

Here is some pic's of the gr as it sits now.
The pipes
View attachment 17285
Foam against the wooden wall are what I use to insulate the pots from the cold cement floor.
View attachment 17286
I blocked off the cellar window with black out tarp and styrofoam.
View attachment 17287
The door I will use and entrance to the grow room.
As you can see there are 3 wooden walls that have to be covered and light proofed.
View attachment 17288
View attachment 17289
Flooring I want to use
View attachment 17296

Plants are doing well except 2 of them, not so good , hope I get a lil smoke out of that avocado one, :LOL:.
View attachment 17291View attachment 17293View attachment 17294
Hey. That avocado is doing great, the other not so much eh. I think the rest are close to where they should be, the weather hasn't been the best this year for growing outdoors anywhere's north any ways. I'm thinking they should start to flip soon...Mid Aug here for me when I tried outside I could see the start of flower....

My pots are doing great at almost 6 weeks they're starting to fill in nicely....I think they'd work well outside.....Have you thought of trying 4 in the AP in your GH?......humidity build up wouldn't be as bad with more air flow out doors could provide..

Hey. That avocado is doing great, the other not so much eh. I think the rest are close to where they should be, the weather hasn't been the best this year for growing outdoors anywhere's north any ways. I'm thinking they should start to flip soon...Mid Aug here for me when I tried outside I could see the start of flower....

My pots are doing great at almost 6 weeks they're starting to fill in nicely....I think they'd work well outside.....Have you thought of trying 4 in the AP in your GH?......humidity build up wouldn't be as bad with more air flow out doors could provide..
I think it crossed my mind once but now that I think about it again it, might be an option.
Would be pretty cool to do that, all I would have to do is add a fan or two.
Usually they flip in Sept. but it's iffy cause sometimes it's warm here till Oct.
I will say it'll be another month before the flip and they need to stretch out some too.
That is my main problem, they are not stritching as they should.
I believe the lights at night are causing a stall effect, so I'm gonna put up more cardboard in certain spots in the GH.

I think it crossed my mind once but now that I think about it again it, might be an option.
Would be pretty cool to do that, all I would have to do is add a fan or two.
Usually they flip in Sept. but it's iffy cause sometimes it's warm here till Oct.
I will say it'll be another month before the flip and they need to stretch out some too.
That is my main problem, they are not stritching as they should.
I believe the lights at night are causing a stall effect, so I'm gonna put up more cardboard in certain spots in the GH.
They should start stretching soon, if you think you have a few more weeks then you should be good for size...

I seen a lawn tractor on market place.
I been looking for one.
He wanted $500
It’s a Craftsman 16 hp, 42” cut
I got it for $450 and delivered.
Pretty good deal
Needs an oil change an air filter change but that’s it.
Starts an runs good
Looks like a new battery and belt.
As we were talking he let out he found it in someone’s garbage, fixed the belt an patched the cowling lol but that was after I paid for it and he delivered it.
Hey I still think it was a good deal for me.
It’s in almost perfect shape
I almost smashed the GH driving it in 😆
IMG_5207.jpeg

I been looking for one.
He wanted $500
Pretty good deal
Starts an runs good
As we were talking he let out he found it in someone’s garbage, fixed the belt an patched the cowling lol but that was after I paid for it and he delivered it.
View attachment 17349
Hell yeah! 450 for a craftsman riding mower in running/working condition is a steal in my mind man.
Good find!

I been looking for one.
He wanted $500
Pretty good deal
Starts an runs good
View attachment 17349
That thing looks practically new! Nice score!!! (y)

At the house I'm rehabbing right now the neighbor across the way works at the local John Deere. He came over pulling a trailer with a practically new mower like yours but a little bigger. Said he had sold it to someone and a couple months later the guy came back and wanted to see if they would buy it back from him. They didn't but he approached the guy in the parking lot and bought it from him. Said he wanted $1,000 for it. I'm guessing he bought it for $500.

I been looking for one.
He wanted $500
Pretty good deal
Starts an runs good
View attachment 17349
That looks like my old one that I ripped the mower deck pulley off...42" cut.....taking off and putting back on that mower deck is some fun....not.....my tractor still works and I'm selling it to one of my sons buddies for $100...3 flat tires and no mower deck take er away...lol

Nice to have, at first I wondered why you'd need one seeing your back yard but now I see your front yard it makes sense. Do you have indoor storage for it?....We've had so much wet weather I've only mowed twice this year.......back in BC I'd have to mow twice a week in the spring & early summer....I grew to hate mowing the lawn...then raking and hauling it away....fkin Saturdays were gone by the time it was all done....I think that's why I have a lawn tractor ....lol

That looks like my old one that I ripped the mower deck pulley off...42" cut.....taking off and putting back on that mower deck is some fun....not.....my tractor still works and I'm selling it to one of my sons buddies for $100...3 flat tires and no mower deck take er away...lol

Nice to have, at first I wondered why you'd need one seeing your back yard but now I see your front yard it makes sense. Do you have indoor storage for it?....We've had so much wet weather I've only mowed twice this year.......back in BC I'd have to mow twice a week in the spring & early summer....I grew to hate mowing the lawn...then raking and hauling it away....fkin Saturdays were gone by the time it was all done....I think that's why I have a lawn tractor ....lol
It’s for the field next to my house which I’m going to buy and then I’ll definitely need that lawn tractor
And I will definitely have to take off the deck because the blades need to be sharpened, and it won’t fit in my new shed by 2 inches cause of the deck.

Last edited:
They seem to be doing ok so far.
Still young and have a ways to go.
75-80 degrees here this week, we're usually warmer than Buffalo
because of Lake Erie. Rare to get a Nor-Eastern here, only 1-2 times a year at most.
But that's usually in dead of winter.
Sooo if the nice weather holds out they should get bigger before the flip.
Right now I would say they gonna flip Mid Sept.
Right now it's easy as heck, nothing much for me to do.
Soon as they dry out more, they will get their first feed (4 plants in the cloth pots).
The big 5 gal pot will get a second stronger feed when ever it dries out.
If the other 2 perk up I will change to bigger pots but right now they not good and taking too long to get good.
They drying slowwwwly. Lots of hummi in the air here.

Been using a shot glass filled with plain water and chuck the seeds in just to see if they germ.
One got a leg 2 inches long so planted it in a cup just for kicks.
Not a big germination percentage from it so far.
I put a few in and set them by the window.
I put 9 more seeds in to see.
As you can see after 2-3 days they germ, even if they sink, they still germ.
I count 9 seeds and 3-4 of them did not germ.
63% success rate :) and who knows more might germ in a day or two.
IMG_4759.JPG

Took a spin on my tractor and it works and cuts perfect!
All I did was tape up the seat a bit and change the oil.

Pic of the GH plants
IMG_4758.JPG

It’s for the field next to my house which I’m going to buy and then I’ll definitely need that lawn tractor
And I will definitely have to take off the deck because the blades need to be sharpened, and it won’t fit in my new shed by 2 inches cause of the deck.
8 or 9 pins to remove mine then its a struggle to get the deck out from underneath because of the control arm........fkin deck is heavy and once one side is off I have to lift the deck with one hand to get it level enough to pull the pin....otherwise there's to much weight on the cotter pin to remove it.......New pins are less frustrating than trying to put old bent pins in....in awkward positions.

Getting it back on after a winter off is fun too...trying to remember how, then fk...off it comes and on it goes all the while on my belly side or knee's I'm kinda glad I snapped my pulley off....one year I had it off 6-7 times for 1 reason or another.........

My new one is much lighter / cheaper and higher off the ground so there's more room to get underneath.

8 or 9 pins to remove mine then its a struggle to get the deck out from underneath because of the control arm........fkin deck is heavy and once one side is off I have to lift the deck with one hand to get it level enough to pull the pin....otherwise there's to much weight on the cotter pin to remove it.......New pins are less frustrating than trying to put old bent pins in....in awkward positions.

Getting it back on after a winter off is fun too...trying to remember how, then fk...off it comes and on it goes all the while on my belly side or knee's I'm kinda glad I snapped my pulley off....one year I had it off 6-7 times for 1 reason or another.........

My new one is much lighter / cheaper and higher off the ground so there's more room to get underneath.
Sounds like fun haha but will have to take a crack at it cause it won't fit in the new shed with it on.
Dam tho, didn't see that many pins but didn't have a flash light either.
I seen 5 of em, gotta check the manual and read it, maybe I can find a short cut on utube.

And I will definitely have to take off the deck because the blades need to be sharpened
I always drove them up on ramps and took the blades off that way. I was never big on taking mower decks off for any reason really.

But now i have a small yard and a push mower so thats not an issue anymore lol

I always drove them up on ramps and took the blades off that way. I was never big on taking mower decks off for any reason really.

But now i have a small yard and a push mower so thats not an issue anymore lol
Seems like you and PC have the same opinion of mower decks.
That might be good advice. Maybe I’ll just buy a good cover for it.
I built a brick pad for it to sit on, and a tarp to cover it for now, so it should be good.
It cuts the grass great and the deck is even so I don’t have to do anything else to it.

Sounds like fun haha but will have to take a crack at it cause it won't fit in the new shed with it on.
Dam tho, didn't see that many pins but didn't have a flash light either.
I seen 5 of em, gotta check the manual and read it, maybe I can find a short cut on utube.
I think there's 5 holding the body on and 4 up front to remove the 2 bars holding it to the frame.....if you don't remove those bars it won't slide out easily.....

they are the easy ones...there's 3 pain in the ass pins 1 holding the up down leaver in place & 2 that hold 2 short fat pins in place that are for me tricky to get back up on and pinned....I ripped my drive belt because I'd put a cotter pin in the wrong direction and the belt caught and ripped on the fkin cotter pins I'd bent in place.

I've taken my deck off to use the tractor to drive down the road 1 km to get yard soil, at a dirt shop....lol...lawn and garden dirt... I can take 1/2 yard a time and no more...the old tractor is pulling hard up a short incline home and barely going 1 miles per hr at the top....with the deck on she'd die half way up.........

the last run was rough she was smoking pretty good when I got her home but then I put the deck on and I snapped off a pulley.....I probably shoulda checked the thing out and made sure everything was tight.....nope...

I think there's 5 holding the body on and 4 up front to remove the 2 bars holding it to the frame.....if you don't remove those bars it won't slide out easily.....

they are the easy ones...there's 3 pain in the ass pins 1 holding the up down leaver in place & 2 that hold 2 short fat pins in place that are for me tricky to get back up on and pinned....I ripped my drive belt because I'd put a cotter pin in the wrong direction and the belt caught and ripped on the fkin cotter pins I'd bent in place.

I've taken my deck off to use the tractor to drive down the road 1 km to get yard soil, at a dirt shop....lol...lawn and garden dirt... I can take 1/2 yard a time and no more...the old tractor is pulling hard up a short incline home and barely going 1 miles per hr at the top....with the deck on she'd die half way up.........

the last run was rough she was smoking pretty good when I got her home but then I put the deck on and I snapped off a pulley.....I probably shoulda checked the thing out and made sure everything was tight.....nope...
I might get a water proof cover made for it by craftsman since it sits on bricks now.
Sould be ok sitting in between the GH n the new shed n the fence it’s pretty secure from winter conditions. I got the manual today so will check it out.

Summers winding down
Cold day yesterday w/high of 66 and 56 last night
but the rest of the week is gonna be on or near 80.
I noticed the 2, not so good, plants in the gal. pots are
getting better, so now gotta figure if it's worth the effort to
re-pot them into 5 gal bags or maybe just 2 gal.
The others are doing good, still, there are those tri-leaves
on the plants in the four 3 gal cloth pots.
They dry out slow. So might be awhile before I feed them.
I see them every day so I post here to keep track of what I am doing lol.
Never had a good memory.
IMG_4760.JPG
These 2 have improved
IMG_4762.JPG
I recently found that there is some valuable stuff inside my poker
stems I use for packing down the cones.
I used to throw them away untill I noticed after unraveling one
that there is pot stuffed into the hollow of them, happy day lol.
Well each one holds enough for one very small joint!
There were days I rolled a pin joint and was a happy hippy about it.
IMG_4763.JPG

Re-potted the 2 in the gal pot to 5 gal cloth pots.
Fed them all a mix of:
5m Pro Tekt
5m Foliage Pro
2.5m Mag Pro
5m Zyme
PH 6.8
PPM 700
I think they are a couple of wks behind but all are looking pretty good.
The 3 gal cloth pots (tan) are about 6 wks old now.
I'm not sure how old the others are ha!
If I can get them to stretch a lil more before they flower I would be much happier.
So they all in their finall pots and all I can do is feed em and cross my fingers and hope for the best.
IMG_4765.JPG
I had an idea while I was smoking last night.
I got this 5"x5"x80" grow tent that I am not using and prob can't use again.
Soooo, I was thinking it could make a nice tent for the room in the cellar.
My problem was how to make it fit.
I figured why use the frame? When I could staple or tack it up.
Use the frame for the base only, then tack up the rest onto the wooden walls and ceiling joist.
That way it would fit over the pipes and beam, even if I have to modify by a lil tent cutting.
Then I would have a nice grow space using what I have on hand.
I will use the pipes in the wall going outside to filter incoming fresh air and exhaust it out the chimney, as before.
I will still need flooring but that is a cost of less than $100.

I am also considering using my two MarsHydro TS1000 (140w each) lights instead of the big FC4800 (480w)
and only growing 2 plants in my 3.9 gal. Auto Pot System. (Electric bill was killing me at $240 a month)
I will probably but another 6" fan, not sure if I will go with Spider Farmer or AC Infinity Cloudline.

I was out walking and came across this, 3 houses from my house.
I seen em and stopped in my tracks, backed up and did a double take.
My wife heard them a couple of days ago but we were not sure.
But there they were in plain sight lol.
Illegal to have in the city as of last year when they passed a law banning them in the city limits.
But imo who cares! Only problem I have is when we lived in Cali in Bakersfield, there was a Rooster that
a guy had that lived behind us and it crowed every dam morning at 5am boy we hated that bird.
IMG_4764.JPG

Re-potted the 2 in the gal pot to 5 gal cloth pots.
Fed them all a mix of:
5m Pro Tekt
5m Foliage Pro
2.5m Mag Pro
5m Zyme
PH 6.8
PPM 700
I think they are a couple of wks behind but all are looking pretty good.
The 3 gal cloth pots (tan) are about 6 wks old now.
I'm not sure how old the others are ha!
If I can get them to stretch a lil more before they flower I would be much happier.
So they all in their finall pots and all I can do is feed em and cross my fingers and hope for the best.
View attachment 18308
I had an idea while I was smoking last night.
I got this 5"x5"x80" grow tent that I am not using and prob can't use again.
Soooo, I was thinking it could make a nice tent for the room in the cellar.
My problem was how to make it fit.
I figured why use the frame? When I could staple or tack it up.
Use the frame for the base only, then tack up the rest onto the wooden walls and ceiling joist.
That way it would fit over the pipes and beam, even if I have to modify by a lil tent cutting.
Then I would have a nice grow space using what I have on hand.
I will use the pipes in the wall going outside to filter incoming fresh air and exhaust it out the chimney, as before.
I will still need flooring but that is a cost of less than $100.

I am also considering using my two MarsHydro TS1000 (140w each) lights instead of the big FC4800 (480w)
and only growing 2 plants in my 3.9 gal. Auto Pot System. (Electric bill was killing me at $240 a month)
I will probably but another 6" fan, not sure if I will go with Spider Farmer or AC Infinity Cloudline.

I was out walking and came across this, 3 houses from my house.
I seen em and stopped in my tracks, backed up and did a double take.
My wife heard them a couple of days ago but we were not sure.
But there they were in plain sight lol.
Illegal to have in the city as of last year when they passed a law banning them in the city limits.
But imo who cares! Only problem I have is when we lived in Cali in Bakersfield, there was a Rooster that
a guy had that lived behind us and it crowed every dam morning at 5am boy we hated that bird.
View attachment 18307
Gotta love Bako! Had a buddy with a custom car shop out in Oildale!

Would insulation help you at all when you tack up the tent walls? Maybe some R-Tech on the walls behind the tent wall material?

Gotta love Bako! Had a buddy with a custom car shop out in Oildale!

Would insulation help you at all when you tack up the tent walls? Maybe some R-Tech on the walls behind the tent wall material?
My old 4x4 tent down there had no insulation but might put some R13 between the floor joist.
I just used a blanket over the top of the last tent. There won’t be room for that as I will tack the top to the joist.

My old 4x4 tent down there had no insulation but might put some R13 between the floor joist.
I just used a blanket over the top of the last tent. There won’t be room for that as I will tack the top to the joist.
I've thought that if I bend a pole I could go with 1" wood dowelling and square wood blocks in the corners for the dowels to fit into....even at the half way point to give better support.....like the old building blocks we played with as kids

Hey Kuwl whatcha playing in those headphones?

I've thought that if I bend a pole I could go with 1" wood dowelling and square wood blocks in the corners for the dowels to fit into....even at the half way point to give better support.....like the old building blocks we played with as kids
I was thinking building it half way, using the top pole structure after the first horizontal long pole, that way I would have
stability half way up, bout 4 feet. The second horizontal poles will not fit. Then there are pipes and a beam I have to go around.
There is only about 72" of hieght, from floor to the joist. The 5x5 is 80" high. There is no way to wrap the tent around the frame either.
By building half hieght I can tack the upper part of the tent to the joist to hold it up. I will see as it goes but need the floor deck installed
in there first then I will be able to see it as I build.

I was thinking building it half way, using the top pole structure after the first horizontal long pole, that way I would have
stability half way up, bout 4 feet. The second horizontal poles will not fit. Then there are pipes and a beam I have to go around.
There is only about 72" of hieght, from floor to the joist. The 5x5 is 80" high. There is no way to wrap the tent around the frame either.
By building half hieght I can tack the upper part of the tent to the joist to hold it up. I will see as it goes but need the floor deck installed
in there first then I will be able to see it as I build.
Ya I've seen pics of your awkward space you have to deal with, I've been in the basement of a few old homes like yours. not really designed as a usable space......big old coal burners in some and or big oil burners and ducting filling the basements originally......I guess you'd lose a lot of space framing in a room? a few 2x4's drywall and insulation with ducting in and out to your access holes?

Ya I've seen pics of your awkward space you have to deal with, I've been in the basement of a few old homes like yours. not really designed as a usable space......big old coal burners in some and or big oil burners and ducting filling the basements originally......I guess you'd lose a lot of space framing in a room? a few 2x4's drywall and insulation with ducting in and out to your access holes?
That was plan A I’ve moved on to Plan C
Too much work and I have no way of getting all the materials here and it will be expensive.
I think I can Frankenstein the tent in there and it would be cheaper too

That was plan A I’ve moved on to Plan C
Too much work and I have no way of getting all the materials here and it will be expensive.
I think I can Frankenstein the tent in there and it would be cheaper too
Thought I would see what it would look like so I built the frame outside.
Looks small out there but when I took it to the basement it fit with not much room to spare maybe 1 foot more on each side.
This might work!
IMG_4767.jpeg
With the top of the tent fastened to the joist
I can see it working.

Back
Top Bottom