3 weeks gone for the nxt batch.will b up potting soon and then up pot at week 5 into there final pots.I’m going to increase the silica and see if I can make them more squat so I can grow them a week longer to increase the yield.I was thinking of topping earlier while in veg to see if I can get them stacking more.that’s the other reason why I want to try an extra week in veg..i Wanna see some stacking..one of the Zamal dreams phenos was good at it but I’m only just about to collect some pollen in a couple weeks and will dab and brush some buds in feb on the donor outside and will dab a couple buds of the dude your drooling to see what I get.see if it increases the stacking on her.just a couple buds would b plenty.

Turned on the sun storm 315 cmh tonite to start cranking them up..as you see in the vid mag def is present,instead of giving them some epsom I just up the feed and it goes away.the top leaves look nice and green.I wont get it again even when switching to flower in a couple weeks..I will keep them under the cmh till about day 28 or so then I will move them under the lumatek 600 and turn it up to 450 watts.then 600 in another week in flower.having them under 450 18/6 is exactly the same under 600 on 12/12 ,more intensity but less duration…so they shouldn’t stress too much at all once I change to 12/12..
air temp set at 26.00 max.lst 24.7-25 deg C .distance to light is 1metre…that just tells you the cmh has some poke.up potting tomorrow or the nxt ..vid
View attachment IMG_3761.MOV

No they were under t5ho fluorescence till yesterday.I’m thinking even though my nutes has cal/ mag in it and I’m using tank water which usually reads 10-30ppm they aren’t quite getting enough so no sooner I bump the feed up they green up.there also is a very low dose of cal mag i supplemented in the feed of from day dot..I have been mixing up 560 ppm with the cal mag included for the outdoor girls and reducing it down to 380 by adding water to feed the young girls indoors..it could b simply I’m feeding too low.but the funny thing is I don’t go over 600 even in flower as they green up too much.i only feed once a day in coco/perlite and I always have lots of runoff so I don’t get salt buildup.the buds always turn out fantastic so it just tells me they don’t require a high ppm.that’s on the Hanna 500 scale.

2018 sunset sherbet seeds ..far left came from a plant I grown out that year.unsure if it pollinated itself or from the blue cheese or Dinafems critical 2.0 but found no seed(s) on those 2.I never found any nanners on any of the plants.could of quite easily missed it if it was deep inside a bud but I only got a seed from it .2 from another plant beside it and again another 2 off another..seem pretty weird hey.so I’m going to reverse one of them and seed the other 2 just because I can.grow them out and see if I can find something good.the plant I found the seed in..hey chem. @Chemistry .checkout all those volcano butts below 😆View attachment 36663View attachment 36665View attachment 36666

Last pic would make a good screen saver, plenty of volcano bums to go at there. 😁

No they were under t5ho fluorescence till yesterday.I’m thinking even though my nutes has cal/ mag in it and I’m using tank water which usually reads 10-30ppm they aren’t quite getting enough so no sooner I bump the feed up they green up.there also is a very low dose of cal mag i supplemented in the feed of from day dot..I have been mixing up 560 ppm with the cal mag included for the outdoor girls and reducing it down to 380 by adding water to feed the young girls indoors..it could b simply I’m feeding too low.but the funny thing is I don’t go over 600 even in flower as they green up too much.i only feed once a day in coco/perlite and I always have lots of runoff so I don’t get salt buildup.the buds always turn out fantastic so it just tells me they don’t require a high ppm.that’s on the Hanna 500 scale.
Got ya, I up cal/mag in my Canna coco regimen by adding 2 times weekly Cal/mag Fuel, Rooted Leaf by Agritech. In late flower I use Epsom salt for more magnesium. I did not know you used CMH lighting. Cheers SS, Hey Chemistry

Yup.been using it since I started indoors.the spectrum keeps the plants nice and compact and bushier.super intense light.I don’t get how some growers can put these close..my leaf temps are high even at 3 ft + distance and they have a little mini side leaf tacos.so I won’t reduce the light distance just yet.let them adjust to it a little first..it would b better if they were older…clones on the other hand is a different story..no tacoeing at all…downside they don’t throw out much heat ..

Just changed out an temp inkbird for another.it was playing up as the sensor is knackered (rusted up) through the chrome.fan not coming on even though its temp reading saying 27 deg c when I have fan to come on at 26..most likely why the plant leaves are tacoeing slightly.has been playing up last grow but didn’t think it was that bad.ive set the rh down to 59 now on the other inkbird that runs the humidifier..I should b able to turn that off soon now that I have up potted and the girls getting bigger creating there own humidity ..they are staying short and going okay..

4 weeks gone now..staying pretty squat and growth isn’t really where I want it but what can you do .have the right leaf temps but the vpd isn’t right but that should improve once the weather picks back up,rh is all over the place atm..they are looking a little sad too as you can see..pic.9010B371-C354-476F-B4A3-E82096F470A6.jpeg

okay .I’ll try that.I did drop it a few inches the other day to see if they would improve..they did slightly..reason I havnt dropped it lower is because leaf temp average is about 25.5 .room temp is 26…. 26.7 (80.6 ) mostly through lights on apart from when the exhaust fan comes on and drops it to 26.1 or there abouts .

i will take your a advice bud and see if they pickup..
besides having cal/mag supplemented in my nutes I have been giving them another 30 ppm on top…that’s just a guess as I mix up nutes for the outdoor girls which are at 560ppm and 50/60 ppm is cal mag…girls indoors are at 420 29 days gone.I usually have them at 500 ppm by day 34-35 then flip..

just used the elite x elite reversal spray on the sunset sherbet at the front there on left..that’s about as big as you want them…my timing to do it outside is not far out as the females usually always start budding on feb 6th but seems I planted them late I’m not entirely sure if it will start budding on that date.shouldn’t b too far out though .
the Zamal dreams on the left is just starting to open its pollen sacs so I will collect it from him and select branches on the Zamal dreams female back right …i will also use some pollen from the sunset sherbet onto the Zamal dreams and Zamal to sunset sherbet to hopefully increase its yield ..feels pretty cool just mucking around pollen throwing.it’s quite fun.makes grows heaps more interesting 😃D6DC1F91-C77D-4F6F-98CD-A6956035861B.jpeg

Only A 10% mix of Cal/Mag in your fertilizer water is low by my standards..........I’m way above that. I recommended that because your leaves appear to be at the very beginning (see the rippling) of a deficiency. No harm in going up a bit. But they look spot on except for that IMO.

I usually what appears like too much N once they are in flower and will get leave curl with the girls looking dark green is pretty much why I don’t up the nutes .keeping it low I believe helps me not get salt buildup as I’m only feeding once day..

there is rippling happening for sure.so you think by raising the cal mag will flatten out the leaves..

Only A 10% mix of Cal/Mag in your fertilizer water is low by my standards..........I’m way above that. I recommended that because your leaves appear to be at the very beginning (see the rippling) of a deficiency. No harm in going up a bit. But they look spot on except for that IMO.
Ok heres the analysis of cal/mag in veg nutes.4BE0B2E5-F0A2-44DF-A34A-00F0D6B3FF93.jpegB25F4B70-292F-4194-B2C2-46EB2F937F32.jpeg

i don't care about the numbers, i care how the plants look and i thing that's a very, very early sign of the deficiency beginning. Work in small increments, move slowly up and see if the condition improves and when it does, slowly return back to where you were. 1-2ml more per gallon should be plenty to take care of that.

Cal/Mag needs are so strain specific......Some love it and i'll go 10ml per gallon thru most of the grow til the last few weeks. Other strains don't even need the normal 5ml. That why you need to be able to read the plants, not labels.............

i do get this often at same time but once they have been in flower 3 weeks it disappears and never progresses to the early signs of cal def with brown dots on the new growth.I’ve always had the belief that it was enviromental .

Mostly between 50-60% .with no finned heater on its high 50s not as much air exchange with the air temp on inkbird set at 26.3 fan cuts on at 26.7.that’s 80.f ..with finned heater on its at about 53-54 early on lights on and when I check in the morning it’s about 48% with same air temp but with more air exchange..I know the vpd is not right for veg but fucked if I will run like 70+rh.I could lower the temps but,meh they seem to grow alright.the vid runs better in flower and that’s what counts hey.

i know your flower temps are 80-81 not sure at beginning you set it at but at the end your around 45%..
what are your veg temps and rh sshz beginning and end of veg just so I can guage where I’m at..I usually stick to 79-80 with rh about 53-58 in veg..really early on I’m at 68%

Since i dropped to 18 plants, I'm struggling to get temps over 76 degrees and the humidity does not rise above 62%.The dehumidier just isn't running long enough. i'll probably go back to 24 plants next crop, more work but the system runs better with 24 plants in there.

So, whenever possible, 80-82 degrees is ideal under LED's, but i think they'll grow just fine (maybe not as fast) in cooler rooms too. Veg humidity i let go up to 70% if the room wants to....... and in flowering i try to keep it around 55-60% until the last 2 weeks when i take it to 45% for increased resin production and less chance for mold.

Since i dropped to 18 plants, I'm struggling to get temps over 76 degrees and the humidity does not rise above 62%.The dehumidier just isn't running long enough. i'll probably go back to 24 plants next crop, more work but the system runs better with 24 plants in there.

So, whenever possible, 80-82 degrees is ideal under LED's, but i think they'll grow just fine (maybe not as fast) in cooler rooms too. Veg humidity i let go up to 70% if the room wants to....... and in flowering i try to keep it around 55-60% until the last 2 weeks when i take it to 45% for increased resin production and less chance for mold.
Thanks bud..I turned the rh up to 64%yesterday and allready see an improvement.my air vpd is much closer now at 1.26 for late veg,leaf Vpd is a little high 1.46 but that should also come down once I start flowering mode and turn the light up to 600w.was 300w few days ago under the cmh so under the led now at 450w.lights up high but should b around 22-24 away by the end of stretch..I like to let them grow to it at there own pace …front middle was sad but is picking up now..I might go past 5 weeks which is up in a couple days.i want a few more sets on nodes before I flick the switch.the small ones on the same feed and needs a dose of epsom.had a bed start that one..5 days behind too..was neglected as a baby.it’s also a Zamal dreams ,one of my homemade ones. 🤣🤣🤣.pic
View attachment IMG_3798.MOV

Back
Top Bottom