New mainline grow

Upped the lights anybody else any other ideas ? Some of them are really looking sorry for themselves, I'm using 60/40 mix coco/clay pebbles, lights are 3 foot above plants, feeding 3 times daily till slight runoff ec is 0.9 giving them katana roots, A and B and calmag, they are on an 18/6 cycle, only started happening over the last couple of days gradually getting worse, any advice is greatly appreciated 20240426_000055.jpg20240426_000105.jpg20240426_000126.jpg20240426_000134.jpg

Upped the lights anybody else any other ideas ? Some of them are really looking sorry for themselves, I'm using 60/40 mix coco/clay pebbles, lights are 3 foot above plants, feeding 3 times daily till slight runoff ec is 0.9 giving them katana roots, A and B and calmag, they are on an 18/6 cycle, only started happening over the last couple of days gradually getting worse, any advice is greatly appreciated View attachment 55645View attachment 55646View attachment 55647View attachment 55648
Transplant asap would be my plan, you'll start stunting them without room to grow

wow man that is crazy about the raid!! could have been a lot worse i guess!

sucks your plants are struggling... have you used this coco before? could there be salts left in it from production? i don't know a lot about coco but i know that all of it comes from sri lanka and they don't have a fresh water source in their country.

those look like pretty small containers.. like Pipecarver said, i'd transplant to a bigger home with fresh new media.

wow man that is crazy about the raid!! could have been a lot worse i guess!

sucks your plants are struggling... have you used this coco before? could there be salts left in it from production? i don't know a lot about coco but i know that all of it comes from sri lanka and they don't have a fresh water source in their country.

those look like pretty small containers.. like Pipecarver said, i'd transplant to a bigger home with fresh new media.
Could of been alot worse bud if they'd of found my plants they'd of taken all my equipment and it'd be like my third strike, but in my eyes it shunt be illegal to grow a plant in your own house so I'll never stop doing it 😂 I've not used this coco before but I've looked online and the guy in the shop said it was already pretty buffered and my runoffs coming out okay, bud the pots been too small cause them to droop like that ? The pots are only 1.5 ltr and I can see roots coming out the bottom, just didn't realise it cud cause em to droop like that but it kinda wud make sense as its only just started happening and nothings changed as to there environment or feeding or anything like that

Could of been alot worse bud if they'd of found my plants they'd of taken all my equipment and it'd be like my third strike, but in my eyes it shunt be illegal to grow a plant in your own house so I'll never stop doing it 😂 I've not used this coco before but I've looked online and the guy in the shop said it was already pretty buffered and my runoffs coming out okay, bud the pots been too small cause them to droop like that ? The pots are only 1.5 ltr and I can see roots coming out the bottom, just didn't realise it cud cause em to droop like that but it kinda wud make sense as its only just started happening and nothings changed as to there environment or feeding or anything like that

that's what kind of made me think this way as well, you started in this mix and they grew fine till now. pop one of the containers off and see how they look, if you see coiling at all then yeah go ahead and upcan.

So ive up potted them all from 1.5 ltr pots to 7 ltr pots and I know it wud of made more sense to just transplant them straight into there forever pots but I need to order them which wud of taken best part of the week to come with it been the weekend so I already had these lying around and I was panicking abit about the drooping so ive just gone with it, and hopefully when I wake up tomorrow I see an improvement certainly over the next couple of days and if not then it's back to the drawing board ( which admittedly is just me asking you guys for your help 😂) 20240426_234225.jpg20240426_234239.jpg20240426_234244.jpg20240426_234249.jpg

So there has been no notable change so I think I'm dealing with something else I've just no idea what the plants are looking a nice healthy green they are just drooping like fuck and just generally look really sad does anybody else have any ideas ??? Temps and humidity for the last hour in pic and they stay this consistently, Any more info needed just ask, T.I.A 20240427_180412.jpg20240427_180429.jpg20240427_180514.jpgScreenshot_20240427_182809_Govee Home.jpg

Last edited:
So there has been no notable change so I think I'm dealing with something else I've just no idea what the plants are looking a nice healthy green they are just drooping like fuck and just generally look really sad does anybody else have any ideas ??? Temps and humidity for the last hour in pic and they stay this consistently, Any more info needed just ask, T.I.A View attachment 55835View attachment 55836View attachment 55837View attachment 55843

your environment numbers look good, i would almost rule those out.

when you upcanned, what did the roots look like? were they coiled heavy? did they have any unpleasant odor? were they bright white, strong looking? how was the media, was it dry? waterlogged? did anything look unusual at all when you pulled the old containers off?

your environment numbers look good, i would almost rule those out.

when you upcanned, what did the roots look like? were they coiled heavy? did they have any unpleasant odor? were they bright white, strong looking? how was the media, was it dry? waterlogged? did anything look unusual at all when you pulled the old containers off?
No bud the roots looked well in my opinion I nearly took some photos but decided against it 🤦‍♂️ but they were bright white and smelled fine and didn't seem to be much coiling, the media was damp but not waterlogged, I'm really confused about it because everything seemed fine, and has been fine upuntil the last few days, but I haven't changed anything 🤷‍♂️

No bud the roots looked well in my opinion I nearly took some photos but decided against it 🤦‍♂️ but they were bright white and smelled fine and didn't seem to be much coiling, the media was damp but not waterlogged, I'm really confused about it because everything seemed fine, and has been fine upuntil the last few days, but I haven't changed anything 🤷‍♂️
My media is a 60/40 mix of clay pebbles and coco which I've been told is almost impossible to overwater so ive been watering 3 times a day to avoid underwatering, feeding till i get run off, my ec is 1 and my run offs been fine ph has been 6, I'm proper stumped 🤷‍♂️

i know if we ask enough questions somethings gonna click!!

nothing changed with your water i assume? maybe it's some kind of build up or lockout... try watering with just straight water and see if it flushes anything out. maybe even a foliar feed while just water for the roots just till they bounce back.

it's been my understanding as well that you can't overwater coco, and you're using pebbles too so i don't believe you are overwatering especially since you checked the roots out!

How do you check your pH?
Is your tester calibrated properly?
Here in my part of the US they are flushing waterlines for after winter maintenance.
That can cause water issues.

I agree. IDK exactly what but do know a water chemistry issue when I see it. Nothing turns a plant south faster. Hot nutes/excessive ppm, crazy low pH, salt, mystery chems. Plus they're all showing the symptoms

i know if we ask enough questions somethings gonna click!!

nothing changed with your water i assume? maybe it's some kind of build up or lockout... try watering with just straight water and see if it flushes anything out. maybe even a foliar feed while just water for the roots just till they bounce back.

it's been my understanding as well that you can't overwater coco, and you're using pebbles too so i don't believe you are overwatering especially since you checked the roots out!
No bud not changed anything water wise, I'll try them with just plain water for a day and see if owt changes

I agree. IDK exactly what but do know a water chemistry issue when I see it. Nothing turns a plant south faster. Hot nutes/excessive ppm, crazy low pH, salt, mystery chems. Plus they're all showing the symptoms

this is a great point, it's all of the plants showing the exact same symptom. most likely to be a common denominator.

No bud not changed anything water wise, I'll try them with just plain water for a day and see if owt changes

can you go one step further maybe, using a different water source or bottled water?

Yeah cud have a go with bottled water I guess

let them dry back just a tad, not much just skip a watering or two then water them very heavy with the bottled water, lots of runoff!! then go back to your normal watering schedule but no nutes, just the water.

best of luck man, let us know!

let them dry back just a tad, not much just skip a watering or two then water them very heavy with the bottled water, lots of runoff!! then go back to your normal watering schedule but no nutes, just the water.

Thanks and for sure I'll be back bud gonna keep coming back till I hopefully figure it out with you guys

Watering 3x a day seems like a lot for plants that size even in coco, but I know jack about coco. I just know they have that overwatered look, so my first step would be to let them dry back a little more than normal.

Watering 3x a day seems like a lot for plants that size even in coco, but I know jack about coco. I just know they have that overwatered look, so my first step would be to let them dry back a little more than normal.
Thanks, My original thoughts were they looked overwatered but then thought it couldn't be that coz I'm in coco but it's defo summat so I'm just gonna lay off watering see what happens

Not sure if this means anything but when I put plain water through them earlier the ec was 0 and I've just checked the run off now and it's saying the ec is 1.4 which I'm probably wrong but it's telling me that the media might be a bit too hot, cud I be onto something or am I just clutching at straws and not really knowing what I'm on about ? Genuine question btw 😂🤷‍♂️

I would think you found your issue.
Now just flush your coco good till the EC gets closer to your input.

I would think you found your issue.
Now just flush your coco good till the EC gets closer to your input.
Funnily enough I've just done the one plant while I was waiting to see what yous guys said just flushed it with plain water and now the runoff is 0.2. So it is actually a thing 😂 I'm Well chuffed with myself 😂 so I am actually picking stuff up after all lol

Hopefully justva shame I've left it so late to figure out and the lights are about to just go off, I'll flush the rest in the morning, thanks bud 👍
I'm not sure how long it'll take you but you could surely get by with adding an extra hour to your light schedule since you're still in veg. Right?

Back
Top Bottom