New mainline grow

Haha love it. I worry so much about my plant that when she's not doing well... I'm not doing well 🤣

oh for sure... to this day my emotions match my plants health!!!!
I'd be twisted sideways and shit if I had only one plant.
I need a bigger security blanket than that~!

Well I've woke up to them looking sad again gave them a light feeding this morning about 8 hoping they'd perk back up but they haven't 🤷‍♂️but everything seems on point, it's proper winding me up now , I fed em 1 ec PhD to 6 and my run off came out at 0.6. I really had hoped I'd found the issue but somethings telling me otherwise and it's really missing me off now 😡 anybody any other ideas what cud be causing this coz im stumped 🤔 T.I.A

i like that idea with the dowel, i'm tucking that one away for the future!!

so they recovered? what was the issue?
Yeah I was pretty proud of that idea 😂 the problem I was finding with staking them was that I was snapping more than I liked and they didn't always grip either so I'd keep trying till I found somewhere that gripped and it can't be great for the roots sticking metal rods through the all the time, this is a really simple yet really affective way of doing it. And yeah they've bounced back really well roots are coming out the bottom already so need to uppot them again this weekend probably, think it was a mixture of the media been too hot and overfeeding bud

Yeah I was pretty proud of that idea 😂 the problem I was finding with staking them was that I was snapping more than I liked and they didn't always grip either so I'd keep trying till I found somewhere that gripped and it can't be great for the roots sticking metal rods through the all the time, this is a really simple yet really affective way of doing it. And yeah they've bounced back really well roots are coming out the bottom already so need to uppot them again this weekend probably, think it was a mixture of the media been too hot and overfeeding bud

my biggest mainline fail came when the plant diameter outgrew the pot diameter and i had nothing to stake into to hold them down, they started to curl up on the side branches and didn't stay straight and even.. a simple stick solves all of that. Brilliant!

maybe two sticks perpendicular to make an X line...

my biggest mainline fail came when the plant diameter outgrew the pot diameter and i had nothing to stake into to hold them down, they started to curl up on the side branches and didn't stay straight and even.. a simple stick solves all of that. Brilliant!

maybe two sticks perpendicular to make an X line...
Well my plan is once I put them in there final pots, is to put other ones across the other way going underneath the central one and taking some notches out the tubs to sit them into and then I'll be able to tie all 8 branches down and get them all nice flat and all uniformed 👍

Attachments

• 20240501_171507.jpg
    20240501_171507.jpg
    476.3 KB · Views: 4
I've recently started to notice loads of these little fuckers, I know the pics not great but they are literally minute, can anyone tell from the pics what these are ? And if ladybugs will get rid of them ? Thanks in advance

I've recently started to notice loads of these little fuckers, I know the pics not great but they are literally minute, can anyone tell from the pics what these are ? And if ladybugs will get rid of them ? Thanks in advance
Anybody ??

They look like fungus gnats, but kinda fat.

Maybe they're shoreflies?

Ladybugs will most likely eat them, yes.
My first thought was fungus gnats too but not hundred percent sure and I've absolutely no idea where the fuck they've come from coz everything was new this time round, anyway I've ordered some lady bugs gonna chuck them in when they arrive see what they do, thanks

My first thought was fungus gnats too but not hundred percent sure and I've absolutely no idea where the fuck they've come from coz everything was new this time round, anyway I've ordered some lady bugs gonna chuck them in when they arrive see what they do, thanks
Fungus gnats come from the same dimension at The Krill... they just appear out of nowhere ime lol.
Overwatering is a common cause of them.

@CannaGranny has a potato method to eliminate gnats.
Cut them in half and place them on your soil/coco and replace every 2 days or so I think is what it is.
Tagged her so she'll give ya the real deal lol.

Fungus gnats come from the same dimension at The Krill... they just appear out of nowhere ime lol.

Cut them in half and place them on your soil/coco and replace every 2 days or so I think is what it is.
Cheers bud

I like mosquito bits for fungus gnats.

Not sure if you can get them over there but they are basically natural and safe around waterlife like fish~~!
They work from a bacteria that kills the gnats.
Usually no more than 2 applications are needed.
Fungus gnats could [I say could not absolute] be caused from the media being too wet for too long, but if your plants are good no sense messing with that.
People also use yellow sticky traps for them as they only reproduce after you see them fly.
They live in your soil/coco/ media and that is where they do their real damage[ to the roots].
1714829791424.png

I do use potato slices. I also use yellow sticky cards. You can slice the potatoes into very thin slices and place them atop of the soil, the nymphs come to the potato to eat, remove and replace the slices every 3-4 days. If you look at them they will be covered with the larva.
Best I can recall it’s very hard to get biologicals in his area.
Generally if you have the gnats, they came with the soil and when you start watering they hatch.
People think allowing your pots to throughly dry gets rid of them. It does not, it just drives them deeper into the medium.

I like mosquito bits for fungus gnats.

Not sure if you can get them over there but they are basically natural and safe around waterlife like fish~~!
They work from a bacteria that kills the gnats.
Usually no more than 2 applications are needed.
Fungus gnats could [I say could not absolute] be caused from the media being too wet for too long, but if your plants are good no sense messing with that.
People also use yellow sticky traps for them as they only reproduce after you see them fly.
They live in your soil/coco/ media and that is where they do their real damage[ to the roots].
View attachment 56575
Cheers bro I've got some of those yellow trays and they are catching a few but everytime I go in they seem to have multiplied 😂

I do use potato slices. I also use yellow sticky cards. You can slice the potatoes into very thin slices and place them atop of the soil, the nymphs come to the potato to eat, remove and replace the slices every 3-4 days. If you look at them they will be covered with the larva.
Generally if you have the gnats, they came with the soil and when you start watering they hatch.
People think allowing your pots to throughly dry gets rid of them. It does not, it just drives them deeper into the medium.
Thankyou

I feel like I've tagged you in like 4 times now on this same topic so maybe I should bookmark it this time 😅

Back
Top Bottom