Pipecarvers Pipes & things

Feb 24
Been a while since an update, I've been making a few pens this week and I'm just about out of pen kits so today I start with pipes again. I've been holding onto 2 pieces of Bethlehem Olive wood I bought back in Sept, nows the time to get atter.

My girls in my 5x5 are doing well, the Wedding cake is having a rough start but she's getting better, I was thinking she was having issues with the ph of my water but now that she's hooked up to the auto pots she seems to be doing better now.
acrylic4.JPGfeb 24a.JPGfeb 24b.JPGQnight pens.JPG

Ya, he's camera shy too. I put 1 pen on him and snapped a quick shot......he didn't move...I tried 2 pens....same no movement then I went all in with 4...lol.....He hates my camera, not sure why he let me take these pics.. He was in his happy place I guess, if you'll notice he's on his green bag, He loves his bag...lol

Ya, he's camera shy too. I put 1 pen on him and snapped a quick shot......he didn't move...I tried 2 pens....same no movement then I went all in with 4...lol.....He hates my camera, not sure why he let me take these pics.. He was in his happy place I guess, if you'll notice he's on his green bag, He loves his bag...lol
Feb 26
I fked up a pretty piece of Olive wood yesterday but today I put 2 fk ups together and made 1 functional pipe. A Canary wood pipe bowl with an Olive wood stem, not the best color match but with a little modification they fitcanaryolive.JPGQnight bed.JPG

Got a little something for him next time I send something your way.
IMG_7411.jpeg

Always good to have a backup. So far I’ve only seen the green ones at our dollar store.

My bad with the dirty ashtray I have to take pics of him when I get the chance, no prepping the scene. But ya he likes being close to me smoking or not....down stairs here. up stairs he could care less, he's moma's boy then, sleeping on her legs/lap
Feb 29
I made an Olive wood pipe yesterday, I screwed up 3 stems trying but finally got one turned and fit, The grain doesn't blend but its a start, the first 2 pieces may have matched a bit better but eh.....I gotta do something about the connection between the stem and bowl, the fit is tight but I don't like the line separation. I need a band between the 2 parts.

I flipped my girls last night to 12/12 and turned on the Far reds for 15 min at lights out. I'll give them 10 -14 days as is then increase the lights on 15 min then another 15 min 2-3 days later to run 12.5 on 11.5 off.

I've had some problems with my Wedding cake, she's had leaf problem on every segment until recently and she's now putting out huge fan leaves, She's a week or 2 behind the rest and not topped like all the others have been but they all look healthy going into flower.
Feb 29 girls.JPGolive pipe.JPGWedding Cake.JPG

Feb 29
I made an Olive wood pipe yesterday, I screwed up 3 stems trying but finally got one turned and fit, The grain doesn't blend but its a start, the first 2 pieces may have matched a bit better but eh.....I gotta do something about the connection between the stem and bowl, the fit is tight but I don't like the line separation. I need a band between the 2 parts.

I flipped my girls last night to 12/12 and turned on the Far reds for 15 min at lights out. I'll give them 10 -14 days as is then increase the lights on 15 min then another 15 min 2-3 days later to run 12.5 on 11.5 off.

I've had some problems with my Wedding cake, she's had leaf problem on every segment until recently and she's now putting out huge fan leaves, She's a week or 2 behind the rest and not topped like all the others have been but they all look healthy going into flower.
View attachment 47122View attachment 47123View attachment 47124
March 7
My girls have grown a foot in a week and they are all healthy and thriving. The stem elongation is incredible, I'm not sure if its the 15 min of far reds at lights out or just the Auto pots doing their thing but this past weeks growth has grown me out of space again, I may have to lay them down and net them after all. If I do it will be soon while the stalks are still pliable.

I was talking with other members about PH saying I don't bother with it in Promix so I figured I should test it just to see, with such healthy plants it should be right on the numbers I figured......PPM 875 1 week into flower...I'm good...Ph 7.02????? well that's a bit high so I checked with ph strips...yep 7.0 is about right......plants are healthy as fk.....carry on everythings okay....lol.......no point chasing dragons if everything is good is there?....I'll just keep doing what I'm doing 7.0 or not it should drop as I add more nutes through flower.

They are starting to go through a lot more water, 6 gal 2 days ago after a full cleaning and I need a refill today. Today's the day I extend the on hours 30 more minutes for 12.5 on/ 11.5 off to take advantage of the Far red lights, I don't need any more seeded plants so I hope this doesn't fk them up.

I was at the Hardwood shop yesterday and bought more wood to play with and a few more pen blanks. 2 with Irish bog wood black and solid like acrylic, it almost sounds like acrylic knocking them together.

2 of my boys, Dusk and Coalhealthy leaf.JPGhealthygreen.JPGmar7cropAutopots.JPGmar7reds.JPGMarch6 crop.JPGstalkelongation.JPGblockspenkits.JPGCoal.JPGDusky.JPG

Feb 29

View attachment 47122View attachment 47123View attachment 47124

Pipe looks good. At most a thin ring in a soft color and it’s done. Excellent work sir. 👍

Just noticed your plants are sitting on what looks like the old milk crate tops. Some sort of snap together tiles?

How’s the GPS plants doing? I was reading G$ is getting issues with his. Mine didn’t make it and I’ll be waiting until April before I try again.

Chopped the one so I’m just waiting on the NL2 now. Can’t believe it’s taking so long. Yet another learning curve. 🤣

Plants and cats look good. Although one has trouble in his eyes.

How’s the wife’s hands/arms?

Nice supplies. I see you already got the materials for rings. 🤣

I need to clean out the garage and get the tables cleared. A few things I need to make this year. If I still have that chunk of maple I might even try a pipe for a laugh. Frankenpipe in my case.😝

Pipe looks good. At most a thin ring in a soft color and it’s done. Excellent work sir. 👍

Just noticed your plants are sitting on what looks like the old milk crate tops. Some sort of snap together tiles?

How’s the GPS plants doing? I was reading G$ is getting issues with his. Mine didn’t make it and I’ll be waiting until April before I try again.

Chopped the one so I’m just waiting on the NL2 now. Can’t believe it’s taking so long. Yet another learning curve. 🤣
Hey thanks, a ring between the 2 pieces....would make it look better wouldn't it....I'll see what I can come up with.

I haven't grown the GPS yet - 2 frozen Custard and 2 Greesy all 4 looking outstanding, Nice thick stalks and big wide green leaves + 1 Wedding Cake and 1 Bubba Mac & Cheese........so far so good, I'm upping the nutes a bit today with Kool Bloom at 2.5ml/gal and up my bloom to 8ml/gal and drop my grow and Micro to 4ml/from 6ml/gal.

We used to own a convenience / video store and pop/soda crates accumulate over time. ( 17 years) They're perfect for lifting my pots up 2-3 " off the cement floor and the milk crates for shorter plants and stacking fans / humidifiers & stuff

March 7
My girls have grown a foot in a week and they are all healthy and thriving. The stem elongation is incredible, I'm not sure if its the 15 min of far reds at lights out or just the Auto pots doing their thing but this past weeks growth has grown me out of space again, I may have to lay them down and net them after all. If I do it will be soon while the stalks are still pliable.

I was talking with other members about PH saying I don't bother with it in Promix so I figured I should test it just to see, with such healthy plants it should be right on the numbers I figured......PPM 875 1 week into flower...I'm good...Ph 7.02????? well that's a bit high so I checked with ph strips...yep 7.0 is about right......plants are healthy as fk.....carry on everythings okay....lol.......no point chasing dragons if everything is good is there?....I'll just keep doing what I'm doing 7.0 or not it should drop as I add more nutes through flower.

They are starting to go through a lot more water, 6 gal 2 days ago after a full cleaning and I need a refill today. Today's the day I extend the on hours 30 more minutes for 12.5 on/ 11.5 off to take advantage of the Far red lights, I don't need any more seeded plants so I hope this doesn't fk them up.

I was at the Hardwood shop yesterday and bought more wood to play with and a few more pen blanks. 2 with Irish bog wood black and solid like acrylic, it almost sounds like acrylic knocking them together.

2 of my boys, Dusk and CoalView attachment 48205View attachment 48206View attachment 48207View attachment 48208View attachment 48209View attachment 48210View attachment 48211View attachment 48212View attachment 48213
I made a pen out of 1 of the bog wood blanks today.blank bogwood.JPGbog wood pen.JPG

March 9
My plan of using bamboo poles and setting up a trellis is over, they out grew me again. I have to lay them down and use nets today. They've grow an easy 2.5 feet since I flipped them 9 days ago. even yesterday I had room for them under the lights if they'd just start to fill out but this am they'd gone up 4-5 inches since yesterday and were within an inch of the lights

My wedding cake has some of the biggest leaves of any plant I've grown indoors to date and a huge thick stalk. I wasn't able to top her and she was the runt, no longer. I hate to have to bend her down The 1 main cola should be quite large.

I've started with Kool Bloom liquid this week and I'm adding 6 gal of nutes to my res every 2 days again, they are going through water like crazylaydown.JPGMar9tall.JPGWedding Cake leaf.JPGMar9 beforeknockdown.JPG

I'll bet you are looking forward to spring.

Plants look 5x5 as always man.
Thanks and ya not bad for a 7.02 ph in the res. I see a lot of folks going on about ph at 5.6 - 5.8 -6.0 and if you didn't know by now I'm a lazy fker and I don't bother checking it any longer since Gnick at the farm prompted me to lay off the up and down, with healthy plants why bother I figured.

Just for kicks I' thought I'd give them a check 875 ppm...7.02ph......if they were having issues I'd think that ph far too high but seeing as they're healthy as fk why bother messing with whats working.....

The auto pots just make them jump in size. in 2 weeks going into the pots they grew me out of tent space

Thanks and ya not bad for a 7.02 ph in the res. I see a lot of folks going on about ph at 5.6 - 5.8 -6.0 and if you didn't know by now I'm a lazy fker and I don't bother checking it any longer since Gnick at the farm prompted me to lay off the up and down, with healthy plants why bother I figured.

Just for kicks I' thought I'd give them a check 875 ppm...7.02ph......if they were having issues I'd think that ph far too high but seeing as they're healthy as fk why bother messing with whats working.....

The auto pots just make them jump in size. in 2 weeks going into the pots they grew me out of tent space
I had to do a little modification56thflat.JPGBBleaf.JPGfullflat.JPG

I agree with GNick you can treat this more like a soil grow than hydroponics. You do not have water actively adjusting your root zone area and washing away the stuff the plant puts out.

Soil is typically 6.5 so you are not far off. I'll bet your root zone is perfect.

I agree with GNick you can treat this more like a soil grow than hydroponics. You do not have water actively adjusting your root zone area and washing away the stuff the plant puts out.

Soil is typically 6.5 so you are not far off. I'll bet your root zone is perfect.
Ya thanks, as you can see they're loving it what ever it is, Its a shame I'm limited in height I'd loved to see what something like this wedding cake is growing like outside or with a 12ft ceiling .

March 13
all my tops are coming up now and my canopy has perked up, I'm not sure if I'll have to put another net on or not.Small buds have formed on all with the Wedding Cake the slowest to emerge 14 days from flip. My lights are now on 12.5/11.5 off and I'll adjust once more to 13/11 in a few more days.

I've been playing on my lathe this last few days and I made a few pens and my first bowl. It's not quite finished yet I need a new flat jaw set up for my chuck to complete the bottom properly.

I think there's as much work to do cleaning up after turning a bowl as there is in making one. My gawd how the chips fly I think a 1lb piece of wood gets me a 2oz bowl so that's a lot of wood chips building up on and around me.1st bowl.JPGmar12.JPGpen1stbowl.JPG

Much respect for turning the bowl~!:cool:
I have a good sized Jet lathe that was purchased just to try to make copper balls~!
Cut a bowling ball in half [ perfectly of course] on the band saw and then mounted it to a plate to form the copper around.
Scary as fuck putting flat stock in and spinning a couple Gs.
Never got it but we all think we know why also and could have if we had purchased much thicker copper than what is traditionally used.

Much respect for turning the bowl~!:cool:
I have a good sized Jet lathe that was purchased just to try to make copper balls~!
Cut a bowling ball in half [ perfectly of course] on the band saw and then mounted it to a plate to form the copper around.
Scary as fuck putting flat stock in and spinning a couple Gs.
Never got it but we all think we know why also and could have if we had purchased much thicker copper than what is traditionally used.
I could use an old bowling ball, Its the same material as pipe stems are made from I think, Vulcanite or another ite I've forgot the name of. Not sure how I'd cut one in half though. Ban saw is too short, Table saw only cuts 3-4", Chop saw would be scary as fk, round hard stuff likes to roll when being cut. I have a branch cutting chain saw but that would be iffy too unless I could lock the ball in place somehow, My grinders are too small excuses excuses lol.....

I could use an old bowling ball, Its the same material as pipe stems are made from I think, Vulcanite or another ite I've forgot the name of. Not sure how I'd cut one in half though. Ban saw is too short, Table saw only cuts 3-4", Chop saw would be scary as fk, round hard stuff likes to roll when being cut. I have a branch cutting chain saw but that would be iffy too unless I could lock the ball in place somehow, My grinders are too small excuses excuses lol.....
March 15
My plants are coming along nicely with good bud development after just 2 weeks, much faster than my last crop. I think delaying my longer on hours by a week helped.
I made another bowl yesterday and a few more pens since, My bowl turning needs some work, I'm leaving too many marks and tearouts have happened from improper tool handling. I had my first tool toss yesterday too I just did something I shouldn't have and whamo my tool hit the roof then bounced off the floor and took off across the room, luckily it didn't land bit first and ruin my tool. It left a nasty gouge in my bowl though that took a bit of work to clean it up.....I just took my eye off it for a second and moved my tool at the same time.

I just finished this blue acrylic pen & 2 birds eye mapleBirdseye pens.JPGBlueacrylicpen.JPGMar 15 group.JPGWalnut bowl.JPG2weekbud.JPG

Be careful bro! I hope you are wearing safety gear 👊
Oh ya, always a face shield or goggles and a large dust mask, Eye's are my number one protection, dust second, I can take a blow and recover but the eye's don't grow back......Tossing a tool is the one thing I remember from the one day high school lathe training I had and that got me in shit 60 years ago and was a fear turning my lathe on and using it at first. My fault for not removing the tool before looking away when it was in a vulnerable location.

Oh ya, always a face shield or goggles and a large dust mask, Eye's are my number one protection, dust second, I can take a blow and recover but the eye's don't grow back......Tossing a tool is the one thing I remember from the one day high school lathe training I had and that got me in shit 60 years ago and was a fear turning my lathe on and using it at first. My fault for not removing the tool before looking away when it was in a vulnerable location.
Mar 16, a beautiful day outside today maybe even get to 10C double digits weather is happy times around here. I spent the day inside...lol.....I made another pipe, a small Bethlehem olive wood piece, I think I've 1 more small block I can make another with,sm olive pipe.JPG

Now, I’m finally caught up! Beautiful pens and pipes PC! QNights pretty snazzy looking too!
Find any seeds in the Green Crack?
Ah ya, seeds in everything, some worse than others but its a pain getting rid of them in sticky buds. Great smoke though, I fked up growing them by losing the name tags on all but 2 plants so I was unsure which what was what, then I hung them to dry without tags on any of them. I bagged the 6 plants in 4 large bags, now I've no clue what is what.

We drove into Halifax yesterday and picked up my son for a few days. I'd put a bud in a plastic bag for him and left it in the car while we went shopping. Came back to the car and I thought I'd hit a skunk, whatever bud I brought smells like old school skunk. I'm not sure what strain it is but its kick ass and stinks. It must be the Green Crack thinking about it, It's not full of seeds so that eliminates the Trainwreck that was the genetic fk up, I don't think its the Grunts....Does the Green crack have a skunky smell?

Back
Top Bottom