sativa outdoors on southern vancouver island

dean1963

Bud Brawler
Reaction score
is it possible?
my son had a seed in his 100% sativa he bought from a dispensary.
assuming it is 100% sativa, would it be possible to grow outdoors?
rain starts in november and temps are doable, usually.
i could start indoors and move outside.
i asked a couple guys and they said just put a garbage bag over it for 2-3 days to trick it into flower.
my first thought was who cares if it is in flower and full of mould and mildew.
this all assuming the thing even pops next year that is

is it possible?
my son had a seed in his 100% sativa he bought from a dispensary.
assuming it is 100% sativa, would it be possible to grow outdoors?
rain starts in november and temps are doable, usually.
i asked a couple guys and they said just put a garbage bag over it for 2-3 days to trick it into flower.
my first thought was who cares if it is in flower and full of mould and mildew.
this all assuming the thing even pops next year that is
Depends on flowing time…. Being that most are hybrid small possibility but some of those pure sativas can go 20 weeks in flower. I dont really trust the classification of dispensaries weed

Depends on flowing time…. Being that most are hybrid small possibility but some of those pure sativas can go 20 weeks in flower. I dont really trust the classification of dispensaries weed
yeah that was the answer i expected.
it's supposed to be african red congo and the best i can find is 11+ weeks to flower.

You are at the mercy of the sun when growing outside so it depends very much on your latitude. Starting indoors does nothing to help you finish a plant outdoors. I'm not an expert on it but I did do an outdoor grow last summer. We live in as far of a northern latitude as you can get in the US and my plants did not start to flower until the end of August/first of September. They were Indica hybrids and still needed to go longer than November 7 when I cut the last of them down. I had them in a greenhouse too. There is no way I could have done it with out the greenhouse and that started to fail when Winter started to come down hard.

You'll most likely need supplemental heat and dehumdification, and lots of fans.

My advice would be to to any Sativa indoors unless you are way South and can get into a greenhouse to help you finish if it gets too cold.

I think it would be tough

Rig up a cheap 1 plant green house and buy a good thick blanket or two to throw over it if it gets cold and some oil heaters on deck. Maybe you could get lucky and finish it.

I've had issues finishing outdoor in the midwest and we are middle of the USA latitude wise

yeah, i didn't think it would work either.
what the hell, why not try though.
that's even if this 1 seed pops.
zero harm in trying. i was just curious if the garbage bag thing worked and if there was anyway to avoid mould and mildew if i tried.
although if it does get mould and or mildew, i don't want to be anywhere around that shit with my indoor grow do i!

I've never done a full Sativa, but have done Sativa dominant hybrids and finished them. I'm in Northern NY, just shy of 45° latitude. It required covering for frost many times and daily blow outs with the leaf blower. I have one that is 75% Sativa this year, a Shaman, we shall see how she goes. Scrogging outside and using the leaf blower every morning were game changeers for me in this climate for all the ladies, not just the sativas... hopefully I have the same luck this year. Anything is possible if you're determined enough lol.

ok thanks guys.
i kind of expected these answers.
maybe i'll pot it next year and put it in the shed when i flip to 12/12 on the future crop.
we'll see if anything comes from it. if it even pops

Back
Top Bottom