Stoney's Luv Shack

I see this being an issue with many mowers. people use the mowers when the grass is wet and never properly dry it off before storage, steel rusts - rust rots!!
I scrape and wire brush my push mower when I'm done with it.
Had it 4 years now no issues, still has all the paint on it!

My mower, at this point, is a zombie mower.
I've beat the shit out of it, broke it more times than I can count, left it out in the rain (it's battery electric) and every time it's died I do what I can which is next to nothing but recharge the battery, maybe shake it or run it into a wall and it comes on again.
I think it's close to 10 years old now. Never cleaned it or sharpened it's blade either. Y'all would probably turn me in to MPS, Mower Protective Services for the way I've treated the poor thing😋
I wont ever get a gas mower again. About 20 years past that since corded electric and now battery powered are pretty good. Aside from not wanting to store gas my yards are small enough for battery to take care of and knowing the way I treat my mowers and other yard tools a gas mower wouldn't make it year with me

My mower, at this point, is a zombie mower.
I've beat the shit out of it, broke it more times than I can count, left it out in the rain (it's battery electric) and every time it's died I do what I can which is next to nothing but recharge the battery, maybe shake it or run it into a wall and it comes on again.
I think it's close to 10 years old now. Never cleaned it or sharpened it's blade either. Y'all would probably turn me in to MPS, Mower Protective Services for the way I've treated the poor thing😋
I wont ever get a gas mower again. About 20 years past that since corded electric and now battery powered are pretty good. Aside from not wanting to store gas my yards are small enough for battery to take care of and knowing the way I treat my mowers and other yard tools a gas mower wouldn't make it year with me

i fully expect someone with a yard your size to treat a mower like that. i mean your mower doesn't cost $6K either. does your grass even grow in the summer? when it get very hot here the grass browns back and doesn't get any longer. it's the ONLY thing i like about the heat!!! yep, you heard it i'd rather deal with heat than mow the lawn!!!! part of the reason i like winter so much!!! hehehe

i fully expect someone with a yard your size to treat a mower like that. i mean your mower doesn't cost $6K either. does your grass even grow in the summer? when it get very hot here the grass browns back and doesn't get any longer. it's the ONLY thing i like about the heat!!! yep, you heard it i'd rather deal with heat than mow the lawn!!!! part of the reason i like winter so much!!! hehehe

Yep my mower budget has always been less than $300. They try to fancy up the new electric but I don't want all the bells and whistles. Just a plain ol battery power mulching mower is all I need. Not too weak though. Gotta be at least 40 volts.
My grass is native prairie grass. Been here for eons and was what the native's ponies grazed on then later cattle ranchers.
All this used to be a cattle ranch and I'm one of the few who's kept cultivating this grass having no mow zones so it can seed and the mulching mower keeps it fed with it's own compost. Can get knee high and when it's over 8 inches tall, looks gorgeous when it blows in the wind. Almost like waves of green ocean water. Stays green all year but yeah will die back in August when we go into a drought.
I love letting it get tall but it is hell on my mower since it's so thick and lush. Seems all the neighborhood dogs love it too and roll in it. Out back Wednesday's rolling spots look like crop circles in the tall grass

I hate mowing the lawn.
No desire to keep up with the Smiths & Joneses.
One year my rider had to go in for repair and it took months for the slackers to get it back to me.
When I finally cut my lawn for the first time that year in like July people driving by honked and applauded~!:ROFLMAO:
Like I care~! Bought the wife a new rider 3 years ago and she can mow the yard whenever her little heart desires.
I have my old rider and a battery 17 incher I can use for edging.
Have not mowed yet and some of the weeds are getting tall~!
Slacker is a title that is earned....:p

You all sound like people who water your lawn right after mowing it. 🤪
Crazy just plain crazy.
Stop it.

I hate mowing the lawn.
No desire to keep up with the Smiths & Joneses.
One year my rider had to go in for repair and it took months for the slackers to get it back to me.
When I finally cut my lawn for the first time that year in like July people driving by honked and applauded~!:ROFLMAO:
Like I care~! Bought the wife a new rider 3 years ago and she can mow the yard whenever her little heart desires.
I have my old rider and a battery 17 incher I can use for edging.
Have not mowed yet and some of the weeds are getting tall~!
Slacker is a title that is earned....:p

You all sound like people who water your lawn right after mowing it. 🤪
Crazy just plain crazy.
Stop it.
I haven't mowed yet either! Haven't even looked at my mower yet lol. Probably 2 more weeks before I'll mow lol. About once every 5 or 6 weeks 😅
I miss my kids power wheel, he used to drive the grass away! lol

I think goats are so cool.
R.4f0cf465cf51e95779e54bb3aca6d592

I always end up playing King of the Hill if there is a rock or some high ground~!
tumblr_nkcxrzZpx21twnkudo1_r1_400.gif

{ Cliff Clavin} Little known fact that the term scape goat was first used for fainting goats kept with prized herds to be the victim.
If the herds would be attacked by a predator all would run off but the fainting goat/ escape goat later called scape goat.
e3b95d8ad416dccf112fb8561d16f339.gif

:ROFLMAO:

all kinds of stuff is growing out of control here already.. i feel so late to the veggies. i bought some tomato plants yesterday only $3 a plant well 12 for $30 is what i paid but i'm giving half to my neighbor. i started some peppers in the vg the other day..

even my pond plant is growing crazy...

005.JPG

my rhoddy is starting to bloom...

006.JPG

even got peaches growing already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

007.JPG

bleeding hearts and flowers are popping up like crazy!!!

008.JPG009.JPG

looks like its gonna be a green spring!!!!!!!!!!

I think goats are so cool.
R.4f0cf465cf51e95779e54bb3aca6d592

I always end up playing King of the Hill if there is a rock or some high ground~!
tumblr_nkcxrzZpx21twnkudo1_r1_400.gif

{ Cliff Clavin} Little known fact that the term scape goat was first used for fainting goats kept with prized herds to be the victim.
If the herds would be attacked by a predator all would run off but the fainting goat/ escape goat later called scape goat.
e3b95d8ad416dccf112fb8561d16f339.gif

:ROFLMAO:

there was a place putting flyers in mailboxes a few years back selling goats for $5 each... not fainting goats.. i'd want milking goats. if i ain't getting milk from them i don't want em!!! can't just eat grass shit all over and not give me something!!! gotta earn your keep!!!! haha

My bleeding hearts are out.
I got pink and a dark red.
Hopefully I can get pics this weekend.
They usually go pretty quick here.
Wife said she has seen humming birds but not in large numbers yet.

Actually my wife mowes the lawn. Wish she wouldn’t, for many reasons, but I gave up arguing about it years ago. We are on the 7th mower now I think? I had to switch to gas as she ran over two extension cords on the prior electric. Now I remind her to clean it after using it but usually just go in the garage later or the next day and clean it. Not worth arguing over any more.

I saved, and still have, the old gas engine and drive shaft. Offered it to the local school for a shop project but kids don’t do that anymore. We would have killed for an engine to put in a go cart or or something.

I was going to see if it could work as an auger but life got in the way. Now it just takes up space in the garage.

all kinds of stuff is growing out of control here already.. i feel so late to the veggies. i bought some tomato plants yesterday only $3 a plant well 12 for $30 is what i paid but i'm giving half to my neighbor. i started some peppers in the vg the other day..

even my pond plant is growing crazy...

View attachment 57207

my rhoddy is starting to bloom...

View attachment 57208

even got peaches growing already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 57209

bleeding hearts and flowers are popping up like crazy!!!

View attachment 57210View attachment 57211

looks like its gonna be a green spring!!!!!!!!!!
The last two weeks things took off here. Last week especially.

shitty day for the 5.. great day for the 14!!

fun day here at the shack, celebrated mom and had a great day. a little cool and damp out but still fun!!! gonna make some hot coco in a bit and watch AFV and get forced to listen to idol after that. i might try to duck out to the garage and prep my four wheeler for some new accessories i got coming on tuesday!!

scored some new plant markers the other day... i figured with these new longer names of strains i'd go for the T tops!!!

007.JPG

also picked up some white panda film to cover the dated shiny mylar i have now... it'll be better for pics and not look so 1990's!!! 🤓

009.JPG

010.JPG

🙃:)🙃

My bleeding hearts are out.
I got pink and a dark red.
Hopefully I can get pics this weekend.
They usually go pretty quick here.
Wife said she has seen humming birds but not in large numbers yet.

i had to cut about twenty square foot of my bleeding hearts out because they were covering the steps already!! had to even mow a short bit again today.. bullshit i tell ya!!!

my woman saw a humming bird at the window last week too.. i put some sugar out there today for them!

Actually my wife mowes the lawn. Wish she wouldn’t, for many reasons, but I gave up arguing about it years ago. We are on the 7th mower now I think? I had to switch to gas as she ran over two extension cords on the prior electric. Now I remind her to clean it after using it but usually just go in the garage later or the next day and clean it. Not worth arguing over any more.

I saved, and still have, the old gas engine and drive shaft. Offered it to the local school for a shop project but kids don’t do that anymore. We would have killed for an engine to put in a go cart or or something.

I was going to see if it could work as an auger but life got in the way. Now it just takes up space in the garage.

man i wished ya lived closer i'd donate ya this...

001.JPG

i think it's the same as a craftsman,,, it's a total POS!!! i'm only saving it for the briggs motor!!

so my bio-tillers did a great job in the greenhouse... only two day in there and they got most of it torn up!!!!

here's a before and after side by side...

002.JPG002.JPG

and it only cost me water and i saved on chicken feed for two days!!!!!

got some veggies ready to put in earthboxes soon!!!!!

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
i had to cut about twenty square foot of my bleeding hearts out because they were covering the steps already!! had to even mow a short bit again today.. bullshit i tell ya!!!

my woman saw a humming bird at the window last week too.. i put some sugar out there today for them!

man i wished ya lived closer i'd donate ya this...

View attachment 57724

i think it's the same as a craftsman,,, it's a total POS!!! i'm only saving it for the briggs motor!!

so my bio-tillers did a great job in the greenhouse... only two day in there and they got most of it torn up!!!!

here's a before and after side by side...

View attachment 57727View attachment 57725

and it only cost me water and i saved on chicken feed for two days!!!!!

got some veggies ready to put in earthboxes soon!!!!!

"Biotillers":ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Cant believe you guys are just now getting around to your first mow! I've lost count already! This weekend I even got out the weed whacker and hedge trimmers for some detail work on the yards!

Goats would be great and I've brought that up to my wife a few times. Get an old ornery billy goat out there to handle the grass. A mean fucker that will chase dogs and scare kids and parents when he charges. Feed it grass, meth, and used motor oil.
This city uses goats to clear poison ivy off the hike n bike trails but they aint the mean fuckers. I grew up around mean goats and don't have many fond memories of the bastards, only bruises that just recently healed

Man I think Prime Video and TNT are about to make us want them to do all NASCAR television. Bold move to pull Jr away from NBC and now they're setting up this 5 race bracket challenge thing??!! NBC gonna have to step it up and Fox IDK man...Maybe Fox just needs to go back to the drawing board on what it does because pretty much the only things I like are the Crank It Ups and goofy ass Mike Waltrip in the prerace segments running around.

And a Ford finally found victory lane!!! Happy for Brad but mostly because the 45 wrecked out of it and helped me in the pool.
This was me watching the 45 and 16 get tangled

4ce005f0733a3b470681f07f2048ff7f.gif

Sucks for Larson but that fake text saying his was the only car with the Darlington stripe on both side was too funny.
14 did run very well. I saw a stat today he's getting close to the top in a winless streak since last victory now that Brad got his. Fucking 80 something races without a win now. I didn't realize it was that bad!!!

Back
Top Bottom