I cut the base nutrients by 50% and will make up the 50% with the MOAB. So, roughly 0.5EC pk boost and 0.5EC base nutrients.

I'll have to dig into old notes to figure out the exact NPK ratio, not feeling like doing the math right this moment lol
Tobh I was about to say I have never heard of using that stuff prior to flower and I realized I had tried it many years ago. I no longer use moab but I understand what you are doing!!!

Tobh I was about to say I have never heard of using that stuff prior to flower and I realized I had tried it many years ago. I no longer use moab but I understand what you are doing!!!
Yeah, just preloading the PK. I'm not sure it really makes much of a difference, but I've been doing a pk boost a week before flip for the past few runs and haven't noticed any adverse affects vs boosting the first week. If anything, I've noticed flower set happens a little quicker but I haven't ran the same genetics more than once in years so can't really say this method is the contributing factor there.

I'll reapply again at week 6 or 7, depending how the plants are ripening up at that point.

I cut the base nutrients by 50% and will make up the 50% with the MOAB. So, roughly 0.5EC pk boost and 0.5EC base nutrients.

I'll have to dig into old notes to figure out the exact NPK ratio, not feeling like doing the math right this moment lol
This is something I've bean thinking on also as i just can't seam to get ahead of the plants coming up needs of potassium especially

Yeah, just preloading the PK. I'm not sure it really makes much of a difference, but I've been doing a pk boost a week before flip for the past few runs and haven't noticed any adverse affects vs boosting the first week. If anything, I've noticed flower set happens a little quicker but I haven't ran the same genetics more than once in years so can't really say this method is the contributing factor there.

I'll reapply again at week 6 or 7, depending how the plants are ripening up at that point.
Jacks has a product that is similar you run it week 1 only. It will bring on flower about 2 to3 days earlier. I have used it and it works. Same principle. In an interview with a jacks rep the question comes up about running it longer and the answer was you will run the plant out of Calcium, FWIW

Jacks has a product that is similar you run it week 1 only. It will bring on flower about 2 to3 days earlier. I have used it and it works. Same principle. In an interview with a jacks rep the question comes up about running it longer and the answer was you will run the plant out of Calcium, FWIW
i could definitely see that happening.

i think i went a little too low with the base nutes. checked the res this morning and and the total EC is pretty low at 0.6, so next one i'll bump it back up. set the fertigation schedule on the vegetative stage, which is a PITA to figure out how to stretch across 18 hours vs 12 hours, so should run through the res and flush the media to a healthy level in the next day or two. When i checked run off during the flush res output was coming out at 0.3 EC above input so this res is probably a good thing. Just hope, like you said, I don't run the plants out of calcium. seems to be a constant problem i have with my lights in this setup -- plants barely ever have enough.

i could definitely see that happening.

i think i went a little too low with the base nutes. checked the res this morning and and the total EC is pretty low at 0.6, so next one i'll bump it back up. set the fertigation schedule on the vegetative stage, which is a PITA to figure out how to stretch across 18 hours vs 12 hours, so should run through the res and flush the media to a healthy level in the next day or two. When i checked run off during the flush res output was coming out at 0.3 EC above input so this res is probably a good thing. Just hope, like you said, I don't run the plants out of calcium. seems to be a constant problem i have with my lights in this setup -- plants barely ever have enough.
That Moab stuff kind of freaks me out with what is it 0-32-52. I would definitely lower the PK value.

That Moab stuff kind of freaks me out with what is it 0-32-52. I would definitely lower the PK value.
yeah it's some really hot shit. similar to shooting powder iirc. i've ran it for years and luckily haven't ever had issues, it always makes me a nervous with how low the rest of the nutrient profile has to be reduced to accommodate it. i've definitely heard of people completely roasting their plants with it too, though.

hell, on the application instructions it very clearly states "reduce your base nutrient inputs by as much as 50%. failure to do so can result in plant burn."

that being said, at the late stage flower application, the shit works wonders. within a couple days of starting application the plants will basically look like they've gone back to the beginning of flower, with buds covered in fresh white pistils and bulking significantly in the subsequent weeks.

that being said, at the late stage flower application, the shit works wonders. within a couple days of starting application the plants will basically look like they've gone back to the beginning of flower, with buds covered in fresh white pistils and bulking significantly in the subsequent weeks.
I am kind of hesitant to try something like that. I am seeing some pretty good results. I have tried some of these PK boosters and I will keep it at that.

I am kind of hesitant to try something like that. I am seeing some pretty good results. I have tried some of these PK boosters and I will keep it at that.
totally understand. the cost effectiveness is ridiculous too. hell, you and a handful of others have even recommended i just mix my own. it costs pennies to use every grow, though, and a container like the size i have will last for years for a hobbyist scale grower.

if you mix your own i think it maths out to like less than 10 cents a grow to use. the only problem is when you mix your own you end up with a shit ton more than anyone would likely use in a lifetime haha

totally understand. the cost effectiveness is ridiculous too. hell, you and a handful of others have even recommended i just mix my own. it costs pennies to use every grow, though, and a container like the size i have will last for years for a hobbyist scale grower.

if you mix your own i think it maths out to like less than 10 cents a grow to use. the only problem is when you mix your own you end up with a shit ton more than anyone would likely use in a lifetime haha
Tobh that Bill Farthing guy has a website called open salts. It will not come up in a G search but he has a lot of mixing formula on it. You might have to go to the other place to find it.

woohoo! so, i got the dehuey set up in a temporary way to take advantage of the autodrain. have it feeding into a 12 gallon tote (old res for the dutch bucket system), and set up a pump to move the drainage outside. and it works! i'm gonna work out a more permanent placement and then start figuring out how to run the plumbing so it'll drain automatically. anything to help reduce the stress on the back is a win in my book.

woohoo! so, i got the dehuey set up in a temporary way to take advantage of the autodrain. have it feeding into a 12 gallon tote (old res for the dutch bucket system), and set up a pump to move the drainage outside. and it works! i'm gonna work out a more permanent placement and then start figuring out how to run the plumbing so it'll drain automatically. anything to help reduce the stress on the back is a win in my book.
I like to reuse my condensate.

I like to reuse my condensate.
I dump it or use it in my garden outside. I get this nasty slime that comes out of the hose on occasion and idk wtf it is, it also smells funny so i dont use it in my grows.

I did use it for like 3 weeks when my water was testing positive for E.Coli and had so much bleach in it i wouldve had albino plants if i used it.😂

those still have grown pretty fast seemingly considering youre "issues"
Everything moves fast in rockwool. If you zoom in you can see the calcium def locking out K. I'm also battling vpd. This fucking basement man... 43% rh but can't get the tent under 70%. This is gonna be a problem if I can't figure out a solution.

I'll figure out a solution.

this is how ive been since my teens man, not wrong though of course.
was huge on competitive gaming. fuckin 1000 APM

its a curse and a benefit, as i think of it in way of digesting multiple inputs at once, ergo more information at once = accelerated learning esp combined with hands on experience/Trial & Error

defintely alot of stimulation for a mind right there.

thats when i close everything out and refocus.

sleep deprivation + alcohol + weed + nicotine as well.
If you don’t get the rest and digest what you read/hear it won’t get flipped to long term memory.

i used to be the same way. that's why i have the career i do, tbh, despite all odds against me. but i've learned how to control the ebb and flow and keeping the inputs (my control) to a manageable level, keeps burnout or blow ups from coming so fast.

After 45/50 my methods started to change/fail. Middle age, mid life crisis, normal progression….IDK?

Strip day. This process always scares the shit out of me but I know they'll bounce back like nothing happened and will yield significantly better.

Plus without all the fan leaves, getting RH down to a more acceptable level will be significantly easier.

Taking my time doing this, this round. Shit hurts my back or knees to be hunched over or kneeled down to getting everywhere that's needed. So, first half done. Will tackle the second half in a few

PXL_20231012_171741875.jpgPXL_20231012_171747735.jpgPXL_20231012_185304895.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20231012_185304895.jpg
    PXL_20231012_185304895.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 4
  • PXL_20231012_171747735.jpg
    PXL_20231012_171747735.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 3
  • PXL_20231012_171741875.jpg
    PXL_20231012_171741875.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 3
Or muddies it up… Sativa usually helps but can overdrive or ramp up anxiety to the point I lose focus.
when i do partake, i prefer sativa doms simply because my brain is weird and indicas trigger strong panic responses. even still i have to approach with a very light touch otherwise the weed makes me rocket from decently stable to crippling anxiety in very short order. heart pounding, ears ringing, brain racing, hyperventilating. cannot stand that feeling, so i hardly consume anymore. maybe every few months i'll take a hit or two.

really want to be switching back to smoking instead of drinking, though. just need to find where i left my balls and fight through the reaction and build a tolerance so the activity will be enjoyable again.

when i do partake, i prefer sativa doms simply because my brain is weird and indicas trigger strong panic responses. even still i have to approach with a very light touch otherwise the weed makes me rocket from decently stable to crippling anxiety in very short order. heart pounding, ears ringing, brain racing, hyperventilating. cannot stand that feeling, so i hardly consume anymore. maybe every few months i'll take a hit or two.

really want to be switching back to smoking instead of drinking, though. just need to find where i left my balls and fight through the reaction and build a tolerance so the activity will be enjoyable again.

My wife is like this. Sometimes i wish it had more of an effect on me, but I must have really trashed my endocannabinoid system over the years, weed barely does anything to me at all. Doesn't matter what kind or how strong, I could smoke a 3 gram blunt to my face without even getting droopy eyelids and go have a conversation with someone about global politics.

Strip day. This process always scares the shit out of me but I know they'll bounce back like nothing happened and will yield significantly better.

Plus without all the fan leaves, getting RH down to a more acceptable level will be significantly easier.

Taking my time doing this, this round. Shit hurts my back or knees to be hunched over or kneeled down to getting everywhere that's needed. So, first half done. Will tackle the second half in a few

View attachment 25396View attachment 25397View attachment 25398
My Turn

Back
Top Bottom