I start on Wednesday. Passed a UA a week ago. I think we're gonna sample a bowl of my buds in the morning.
how long since you smoked last?

just ask because of how THC likes to linger. fuckin lingerers.

a toke or two should be clear within a few days. just make sure to eat clean the next couple days, eg no fats at all. go high protein bud. and hydrate more than normal.

ok first. gross. apparently my mouse is dirty af.

second, res ran through. runoff came back at ~1.4 EC, 6.0 pH input was just shy of 1.0 EC and 5.5 pH. so, a bit of drift, but glad to not be seeing the 2.8 pH.

now to get the maintenance res made up. target is 1.2 EC and 5.5 pH again. i'll be adding the pk boost on this res so will be cutting part A and part B by about 50% to accommodate for the heat MOAB brings. this will run for a week. I'll do the heavy defoliation tomorrow most likely. almost go time.

decided i'm not going to nashville at the end of the month, so we can get this show on the road!
Hmm and I'm running 2.0ec shots

Need more experience playing around with e.c didn't have a meter to actually read it till grumpzz was a godsend

how long since you smoked last?

just ask because of how THC likes to linger. fuckin lingerers.

a toke or two should be clear within a few days. just make sure to eat clean the next couple days, eg no fats at all. go high protein bud. and hydrate more than normal.
Man it's been 55ish days since I smoked last. Passed that UA which I was still a little worried about. Joints and dabs every day for 10+ years.

I don't know the routine with their randoms but I have a feeling they wouldn't swab me so soon. Gonna just have a bowl of it as a tester and then give it up again til my next harvest.

Hmm and I'm running 2.0ec shots

Need more experience playing around with e.c didn't have a meter to actually read it till grumpzz was a godsend
different media, different nutrients, different environments.

if i followed the vendor's charts, i would be somewhere around 2.5 EC, but they themselves state on their feed charts that they're insanely general and each grow is different, cater feed to the situation and ignore their charts once you're familiar with the parts.

I only reference their charts for baseline numbers at this point, and that's only when i forget wtf i fed last or changing to a different phase of growth. even then, it's a baseline. the chart is more a "oh yeah, i looked at the 3.5g/gal column last time" and probably do more like 2.8g/gal.

last grow I don't think I ever exceeded 1.8 EC and that was at week 5 of flower. Even that felt high but the plants took it and I've learned with the higher intensity LEDs (mine are getting aged now) you gotta bump everything up -- temps, RH, and feed -- otherwise you run into calcium issues in some form. Shit is a constant battle man. even this grow, i have fucking calcium def already, and also some burn but that's because I've been low energy and not on my game like I should be so some dry backs have happened driving EC through the roof in the media. that's probably where my pH problems are coming from along with the VPD being abysmal. Plants can't do shit when its 71F and RH is 80%+.

at some point i might run on their feed schedule and see what happens. I just haven't found a reason to, tbh. Maybe I could hit or surpass my goals if I just did a full send. Not really my style though.

I read plants, not feed charts.

Plus I'm probably under 1% body fat.
If you were under 1% you'd be dead. You're likely around 4-5%.

sound a lot like my best friend back in NM. same trade -- master electrician. Tall, lenghty motherfucker. wouldn't think he could hurt a fly but I've watched him tune people up in real bad ways. y'all tough

I'm probably about 8%. 5'6" 143lbs. goal is to lose another 8lbs, or stay steady but lose the remaining "dad bod." was at 170lbs last year. fuckin gross.

If you were under 1% you'd be dead. You're likely around 4-5%.

sound a lot like my best friend back in NM. same trade -- master electrician. Tall, lenghty motherfucker. wouldn't think he could hurt a fly but I've watched him tune people up in real bad ways. y'all tough

I'm probably about 8%. 5'6" 143lbs. goal is to lose another 8lbs, or stay steady but lose the remaining "dad bod." was at 170lbs last year. fuckin gross.
My fat's all in my brain. Trust me bro 🤣

different media, different nutrients, different environments.

if i followed the vendor's charts, i would be somewhere around 2.5 EC, but they themselves state on their feed charts that they're insanely general and each grow is different, cater feed to the situation and ignore their charts once you're familiar with the parts.

I only reference their charts for baseline numbers at this point, and that's only when i forget wtf i fed last or changing to a different phase of growth. even then, it's a baseline. the chart is more a "oh yeah, i looked at the 3.5g/gal column last time" and probably do more like 2.8g/gal.

last grow I don't think I ever exceeded 1.8 EC and that was at week 5 of flower. Even that felt high but the plants took it and I've learned with the higher intensity LEDs (mine are getting aged now) you gotta bump everything up -- temps, RH, and feed -- otherwise you run into calcium issues in some form. Shit is a constant battle man. even this grow, i have fucking calcium def already, and also some burn but that's because I've been low energy and not on my game like I should be
never followed a feed chart or schedule, just how to mix the nutrients/E.C bit, ofc when i get it automated i will devise one.
so some dry backs have happened driving EC through the roof in the media. that's probably where my pH problems are coming from along with the VPD being abysmal. Plants can't do shit when its 71F and RH is 80%+.
think thats also what happened with mine a month or so i was just ready to move and not properly watering them, let alone switching nutrients and not able to actually read my pH.

at some point i might run on their feed schedule and see what happens. I just haven't found a reason to, tbh. Maybe I could hit or surpass my goals if I just did a full send. Not really my style though.
if u spent the focus on it im sure you would.
I read plants, not feed charts.
im getting pretty comfortable with reading the plants now, not too familiar with ratios and requirements though and these new-to-me salts, JRCROPTECH 9-17-28

1696650161287.png
im just picking one and running with it right now lol

Last edited:
Jacks is the shit man. That was the salts i started with, and tried to go with again but the hydro shop i last picked up nutrients at didn't have them. they had front row ag, and highly recommended it.

i'm glad they did. shit is stupid simple to use and manipulate as needed, and the manufacturer customer service is fucking incredible. they don't care if you're a 1k plant LGO or a lowly six plant hobbyist. they treat you all you the same, and respond all the same. you talk to a regional rep when you need help, someone you can shake hands with if you want. i never experienced this with jacks, canna, or gh. all of which i spent several years running.

i'm not paid by those cats, nor have any benefit of saying they sell good shit. this is my opinion. are there better, cheaper offerings? fuck yeah there are. do they match the quality and ease of use you get from this company? nah. sorry, i'm not a chemist and i'm not trying to blend my own salts off some disparate recipes online nor am i trying to get into having 50lbs of various components meant for big ag sitting in a corner somewhere, waiting to become an unintended explosive.

this shit works for me.

Jacks is the shit man. That was the salts i started with, and tried to go with again but the hydro shop i last picked up nutrients at didn't have them. they had front row ag, and highly recommended it.
same thats when i got into the 3-2-1 thing from the bill farthing thread just the year or so ago, cheap af way to grow.

i would definitely do the jacks again, was just cheaper at a store near me than amazon and then i ran out and didnt have my car so tried the next cheapest 5-12-26 and fuck that shit, bad storage or bad nutrient mix in general. arrived clumpy and shit
i'm glad they did. shit is stupid simple to use and manipulate as needed, and the manufacturer customer service is fucking incredible. they don't care if you're a 1k plant LGO or a lowly six plant hobbyist. they treat you all you the same, and respond all the same. you talk to a regional rep when you need help, someone you can shake hands with if you want. i never experienced this with jacks, canna, or gh. all of which i spent several years running.
thats nice, ive heard good things about FrontRowAG maybe ill try them down the line.
i'm not paid by those cats, nor have any benefit of saying they sell good shit. this is my opinion. are there better, cheaper offerings? fuck yeah there are. do they match the quality and ease of use you get from this company? nah. sorry, i'm not a chemist and i'm not trying to blend my own salts off some disparate recipes online nor am i trying to get into having 50lbs of various components meant for big ag sitting in a corner somewhere, waiting to become an unintended explosive.

this shit works for me.
i like to pretend im a chemist, lol.

same thats when i got into the 3-2-1 thing from the bill farther thread just the year or so ago, cheap af way to grow.

i would definitely do the jacks again, was just cheaper at a store near me than amazon and then i ran out and didnt have my car so tried the next cheapest 5-12-26 and fuck that shit, bad storage or bad nutrient mix in general. arrived clumpy and shit

thats nice, ive heard good things about FrontRowAG maybe ill try them down the line.

i like to pretend im a chemist, lol.
dude, people knock miracle grow all the time, but their water soluble shit is damn good too. you just need an EC meter to work with it. when I was partially homeless (homebase my mom's house, couch surfing otherwise), i used their one part and grew some fantastic weed. i think that bag cost like $10 and lasted three grows.

salts at the cats elbows, man.

i guess 15-0-0 + JRCROPTECH 9-17-26

makes 24-17-26 sounds odd like anthem said but supposedly these are formulated from cannabis plants for cannabis plants by cannabis plants, lol.
the ratio comes from other annual fruit bearers, like tomatoes. that same ratio is very common with cucumbers and tomatoes.

dude, people knock miracle grow all the time, but their water soluble shit is damn good too. you just need an EC meter to work with it. when I was partially homeless (homebase my mom's house, couch surfing otherwise), i used their one part and grew some fantastic weed. i think that bag cost like $10 and lasted three grows.
im just burned from their fucking perlite bags that come contaminated with all sorts of other shit lol.

i did like the solubillity of jacks, like the jrcroptech powder too, other shit i tried was "extra" to dissolve.

ill probably be using this jrcroptech till im out and then go back to jacks or so whatever is cheapest or seemed to do the most i suppose.

till i really get a handle on reading the plants and the like, ratios etc.

salts at the cats elbows, man.

agree, i do like it a lot better compared to soil and not getting ripped off water with some salts from the green stores, and its cheap AF goes a long way for little tent grows.

im just burned from their fucking perlite bags that come contaminated with all sorts of other shit lol.
nah man. i'm talking the miracle grow salts. the shit they sell for hose end feeders. that's their salts. comes in a little box, think it's like a lb or two of nutes.

it's really fucking solid.

despite the brand, salts is salts. I don't care of Monsanto has thing fingers up the creator's ass, hitting the happy button, if the shit works, it works and the plants don't give two shits who made it.

as long as the pH is right, the ratios are right, they'll eat it.

nah man. i'm talking the miracle grow salts. the shit they sell for hose end feeders. that's their salts. comes in a little box, think it's like a lb or two of nutes.

it's really fucking solid.

despite the brand, salts is salts. I don't care of Monsanto has thing fingers up the creator's ass, hitting the happy button, if the shit works, it works and the plants don't give two shits who made it.

as long as the pH is right, the ratios are right, they'll eat it.

the 420 miracle-grow solo grow.

fuck around and find out.

i still want to do that.

the 420 miracle-grow solo grow.

fuck around and find out.

i still want to do that.
if you're curious how it performs, simply google tobh's 2sqft box.

i ran one part miracle grow salts through that entire thing with the exception of moab. that thread is from about the time i began my homeless journey for a few years.

1696653793754.pngok i was looking at em and thought this was funny,

for new growers

lol

1696653839882.png

here ya go tobh, maybe u wont have to worry as much about em

😂

but yea i gotcha, the company has just left a bad taste in my mouth getting contaminated bags from em.

if you're curious how it performs, simply google tobh's 2sqft box.

i ran one part miracle grow salts through that entire thing with the exception of moab. that thread is from about the time i began my homeless journey for a few years.
sweet, im looking at it.

pretty clean little grow box esp considering the circumstances, cool to see how much one has grown huh ?

it is very therapeutic for me....anyone who attacks my hobby gets a talkin

View attachment 24341ok i was looking at em and thought this was funny,

for new growers

lol

View attachment 24342

here ya go tobh, maybe u wont have to worry as much about em

😂

but yea i gotcha, the company has just left a bad taste in my mouth getting contaminated bags from em.
funny they're selling that shit now. we used to bury diapers in our holes in the desert for guerilla grows. like, a box of diapers. kept us from having to be out there to water weekly, could make monthly visits.

heard some horror stories about those crystals when they first came out though. growers filling up holes with em, ending up having the crystals swelling and push plants right out of the hole lol big ol mess to clean up when you're trying to be covert. we always soaked the diapers on the way to the spot so they were ready to go lol

sweet, im looking at it.

pretty clean little grow box esp considering the circumstances, cool to see how much one has grown huh ?

it is very therapeutic for me....anyone who attacks my hobby gets a talkin
box cost like $50 to build. pulled about 2lbs out of it over its lifetime with me. peaked at 1/4lb a harvest. was an unkind period in life. post college days -- those grows are documented elsewhere on icmag and grasscity, but that moment in life, as primitive as it was, i feel helps me relate with your current experience.

i was 25 when i cut that thread. was not a good few years that followed.

box cost like $50 to build. pulled about 2lbs out of it over its lifetime with me. peaked at 1/4lb a harvest. was an unkind period in life. post college days -- those grows are documented elsewhere on icmag and grasscity, but that moment in life, as primitive as it was, i feel helps me relate with your current experience.

i was 25 when i cut that thread. was not a good few years that followed.
indeed, i see it, 26 now almost 27, was briefly homeless 23-24 or so. and now here.

little different order and whatever events occured.

but thats also why im relating to you so much, seems we have SOME atleast, "similar-life-steps"

and interest as well, and possible benefit of each others experiences, and similar tendencies/human behavior

"Similar path, knowledge I don't have"..

Last edited:
12-24 hours later

Looking fine still.

The seed looks cracked open on the side, line of white.

Sweet, within 24hrs pop.

Attachments

• 16966551405962342319717698116874.jpg
    16966551405962342319717698116874.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
  • 16966551511486219327090202389036.jpg
    16966551511486219327090202389036.jpg
    753.1 KB · Views: 2
indeed, i see it, 26 now almost 27, was briefly homeless 23-24 or so. and now here.

little different order and whatever events occured.

but thats also why im relating to you so much, seems we have SOME atleast, "similar-life-steps"

and interest as well, and possible benefit of each others experiences, and similar tendencies/human behavior

"Similar path, knowledge I don't have"..

Back
Top Bottom