Damn! They look really nice! I need ta get wit you on fertigation. I want to try and experiment pushing additional oxygen into the root zone with an airstone disc I have and fertigate on top. I'm thinking the additional oxygen paired with the nute hits should yield comparatively to hydro style runs.

Damn! They look really nice! I need ta get wit you on fertigation. I want to try and experiment pushing additional oxygen into the root zone with an airstone disc I have and fertigate on top. I'm thinking the additional oxygen paired with the nute hits should yield comparatively to hydro style runs.
eh, they're alright. there's some lockout going on because the pH in the media keeps dropping pretty low. i just haven't had the energy to get out there and fully diagnose what's happening. growth rates have been marginally impacted but still seeing 2"+ growth a day.

i'm not sure how much O2 you'll get with just an airstone since you'll just be pushing atmospheric air, unless you plan on plumbing in some pure O2 which would be incredibly dangerous from the fire hazard perspective. introducing concentrated O2 via h2o2 or comparable might be interesting, though. Moe and Aqua Man have done some fairly extensive research on that front though I'm not sure where they've landed on that project. Might be worth picking their brains though!

eh, they're alright. there's some lockout going on because the pH in the media keeps dropping pretty low. i just haven't had the energy to get out there and fully diagnose what's happening. growth rates have been marginally impacted but still seeing 2"+ growth a day.

i'm not sure how much O2 you'll get with just an airstone since you'll just be pushing atmospheric air, unless you plan on plumbing in some pure O2 which would be incredibly dangerous from the fire hazard perspective. introducing concentrated O2 via h2o2 or comparable might be interesting, though. Moe and Aqua Man have done some fairly extensive research on that front though I'm not sure where they've landed on that project. Might be worth picking their brains though!
Atmo is 21% oxygen, you'll get there or close and depending on temperatures/pressure for it stay DO in the solution.

Without a o2 concentrator and or a o2 tank line into the water, can't really get any better than that, I've also tried to find other possible solutions.

34% peroxide and free radical oxygen molecules

Or o2 concentrator about the only choices

Proper-venturri, again 21%~ oxygen content in atmosphere so that would be the max regardless anyways.

I've seen people bury small airstones in the soil but never knew the outcome.
Pipecarver has pictures somewhere, roots aggregated around the puck/air less so anywhere else.

This may sound crazy but how hard would it be to put your entire pot inside a sealed plastic bag and inject it with O2? This would have to be done in mid veg so that you have a main stem strong enough to seal around the plastic bag but you would be exposing the entire root ball to the added o2 24/7 rather than fighting with atmospheric equilibrium.

This may sound crazy but how hard would it be to put your entire pot inside a sealed plastic bag and inject it with O2? This would have to be done in mid veg so that you have a main stem strong enough to seal around the plastic bag but you would be exposing the entire root ball to the added o2 24/7 rather than fighting with atmospheric equilibrium.
the pressure differential might get kinda fucky, and i would think that the o2 concentration would need to be insanely high to prevent anaerobic conditions from becoming an issue. you would also want the bag to be completely light proof since roots aren't too fond of light.

take a clone, play fuck around. let us know what you find out!

I would need to use an oxygen generator/concentrator to keep the o2 level constant. Buying bottled o2 would be cost prohibitive....although I don't think I'd need a constant stream of O2. If I could fill the bag, say, once a day it might actually work!

I would need to use an oxygen generator/concentrator to keep the o2 level constant. Buying bottled o2 would be cost prohibitive....although I don't think I'd need a constant stream of O2. If I could fill the bag, say, once a day it might actually work!
find a grandpa that is still smoking cigarettes despite having COPD or Emphysema and jack his O2 supply. he obvious don't give a shit about it anyways :ROFLMAO:

jk, don't do that. i do not condone stealing from old people!

I can see myself sneaking up on someone carrying around their Inergen concentrator.......that's fucking terrible........ 😄
i mean, on the one hand, you have a pretty good chance of them not being able to chase you quickly enough to recover it. on the other hand, your target might Bob Barker your ass like he did Adam Sandler.

i mean, on the one hand, you have a pretty good chance of them not being able to chase you quickly enough to recover it. on the other hand, your target might Bob Barker your ass like he did Adam Sandler.
Please refrain from using the word "hand"......:ROFLMAO:

Bro, that is the most epic scene of the whole movie. Watching Bob Barker throw Mayweather jabs at Sandler was a riot!

I was at a friends house and we were watching that movie and his GF comes in and starts lecturing us about being children watching such a dumb movie. As she's lecturing us one of the funny scenes comes on and she continues to lecture us as she sits down and continues to watch the movie with us. She was literally crying of laughter by the end of the movie.

on a serious note, res scrub down has begun. i don't know what's with silica but it sure seems to attract diatomes. so, to get back to a truly sterile condition, filled the res up with a very strong mix of bleach and water, and have the mixing pump running. once that's ran for 15 minutes, i'll run the feed pump to empty the res. that'll clean out at least the first major area of the system enough that any residuals in the plumbing to the tent will be flushed into the media and out. the h2o2 will take care of any unsavories as well.

literally my least favorite part about this system configuration. having larger equipment and better, more permanent plumbing would make this kind of maintenance a hell of a lot less labor intensive outside of the between grow changeovers.

on a serious note, res scrub down has begun. i don't know what's with silica but it sure seems to attract diatomes. so, to get back to a truly sterile condition, filled the res up with a very strong mix of bleach and water, and have the mixing pump running. once that's ran for 15 minutes, i'll run the feed pump to empty the res. that'll clean out at least the first major area of the system enough that any residuals in the plumbing to the tent will be flushed into the media and out. the h2o2 will take care of any unsavories as well.

literally my least favorite part about this system configuration. having larger equipment and better, more permanent plumbing would make this kind of maintenance a hell of a lot less labor intensive outside of the between grow changeovers.
I'm still trying to piece the damn thing together lol.

Went to ace hardware to look for unions/fittings/adapters

Was looking for something to attach to this piece

I guess a bigger tube out of it, 1/2 to 1/4 inch "adapter" to a 1/4 line I guess

Gotta get my hands on it then I'll "get it."

Or just get a bigger pump anyways and build for that one.

Attachments

• 16966343061237732801844114684734.jpg
    16966343061237732801844114684734.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • 169663431959934659761949607790.jpg
    169663431959934659761949607790.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
I think the one I have is 210GPH

Seen an 800gph for 20$ was thinking that?

Can one do PVC frame outside the blocks and run drip lines from the PVC frame to the cubes?
A PVC square, rockwool in the middle of it, drip lines from the PVC? Around it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231006-182125.png
    Screenshot_20231006-182125.png
    204 KB · Views: 3
I'm still trying to piece the damn thing together lol.

Went to ace hardware to look for unions/fittings/adapters

Was looking for something to attach to this piece

I guess a bigger tube out of it, 1/2 to 1/4 inch "adapter" to a 1/4 line I guess

Gotta get my hands on it then I'll "get it."

Or just get a bigger pump anyways and build for that one.
yeah, you're gonna want a bigger pump. i use one of those little guys as my drain pump, which it works great for. you won't find the right push in fitting for that pump, though, and even if you did you wouldn't want any plumbing attached to it. it's not a stable enough connection.

find yourself a little giant or comparable. they're relatively cheap and built decently enough for our small scales.

800 GPH would be way oversized my guy. even the 350gph i run is oversized for my setup, but it has just enough lift to work. lift is more important than gph when it comes to pumps.

800 GPH would be way oversized my guy. even the 350gph i run is oversized for my setup, but it has just enough lift to work. lift is more important than gph when it comes to pumps.
ok thanks i know fuck all about these systems currently lol.

guess this is where the other guy gave gave up at, sent me a box of this stuff lol.

well shit what is ur pumps lift then? these vivosuns are like 2-10ft

Last edited:
1696635557671.png
hmm i kinda need a system for 100 or less, so a pump around 20-40$ ?

unless the other shit is really cheap.

sometimes, i miss the stage of - being homeless, living out of my car and hotels and just working, maybe cause it wasnt that long of a time either but still.

Life was actually simpler then and to an extent, some times easier.

always on the go, no time to look back.

View attachment 24298
hmm i kinda need a system for 100 or less, so a pump around 20-40$ ?

unless the other shit is really cheap.
yeah those are sump pumps. far too large for our purposes. you're looking for a pond pump with at 10ft lift. Should be ~300gph. i picked mine up at ace hardware. think it was like $35 or there abouts, but i've found em for at low as $20 at big box stores. ace tends to tax shit for some dumb reason.

also, i agree. being homeless is simpler in a lot of ways. it's easier to just live in the moment. once you start acquiring crap you get weighed down and time fills up with meaningless tasks because you've gotta maintain all the crap you've acquired.

yeah those are sump pumps. far too large for our purposes. you're looking for a pond pump with at 10ft lift. Should be ~300gph. i picked mine up at ace hardware. think it was like $35 or there abouts, but i've found em for at low as $20 at big box stores. ace tends to tax shit for some dumb reason
ok sorry lmao, i know this gotta be pretty basic shit, for you anyways.

the thought, like if you put all this shit infront of me ill figure it out just like that and put it together and utilize it with ease quickly, but fucking finding ever litte fitting and adapter and exactly what i need and want seems fucking so damn difficult for no good reason, maybe knowing the vocabulary, idk - 0 experience with auto-irrigation systems.
also, i agree. being homeless is simpler in a lot of ways. it's easier to just live in the moment. once you start acquiring crap you get weighed down and time fills up with meaningless tasks because you've gotta maintain all the crap you've acquired.
was just thinking

To Scale, And Maintain........Sheesh.

i swear i know how to type. still adjusting to this mechanical keyboard. doesn't help i switch throughout the day between a mac magic keyboard and this thing. seriously need to devote some time and figure out how to get it to switch between devices. the manual says it can do that, i just gotta figure out how.

first res mixup in progress. this is such a pain in the ass lol cannot wait to have a room with dosers and all this crap automated. never having to move a hose or lug water again will be amazing. i'll find something new to bitch about then, though.

i swear i know how to type. still adjusting to this mechanical keyboard. doesn't help i switch throughout the day between a mac magic keyboard and this thing. seriously need to devote some time and figure out how to get it to switch between devices. the manual says it can do that, i just gotta figure out how.
elaborate on switching between devices, i thought i had a possible solution for you.

no worries, i literally grew up on a keyboard, it was easier for my parents to placate me with a laptop & Runescape while they deal with my heroin-brother lmao.

i find my shelf shifted to the left or right on keys when switching boards.

first res mixup in progress. this is such a pain in the ass lol cannot wait to have a room with dosers and all this crap automated. never having to move a hose or lug water again will be amazing. i'll find something new to bitch about then, though.
we always do.

i want a a fucking digital read out on my water, how much nutrients/elements are in them what exact chemical and amount, what my ph is 0.1 sec response time. live reading of all elements, ORP,oxygen all variables all the fucking shit lmao

digital read out, on a FUCKING SLIDER BAR to ADJUST the values..that would be FUCKING dope huh ?

slide that 150ppm nitro to 100, slide up the micro nutes,
slide the ph bar to take less nitro more micros
slide the EC bar over 1.5 lets do 1.8 bam bam
slide the PPFD bar over to 500 instead of 485
do blue spectrum not red stacking density rn
set at ur desktop, slide bar adjust variables on youre water chemistry..

Vibin rn took a little shot, bouta smoke a bowl...

elaborate on switching between devices, i thought i had a possible solution for you.

no worries, i literally grew up on a keyboard, it was easier for my parents to placate me with a laptop & Runescape while they deal with my heroin-brother lmao.

i find my shelf shifted to the left or right on keys when switching boards.
i'm still looking for a KVM i like, but this thing apparently can be synced to up to three devices and has hotkeys to switch between the target device. it's supposed to be able to have one wired, one on wireless (2.4ghz) and one on bluetooth. i just haven't spent the ten minutes to get it synced to my work macbook and i keep it wired to my linux desktop because, well, wireless has latency and i ain't got time for that.

Back
Top Bottom