i grew up on a keyboard too. siblings too busy doing their thing, my mom always worked, never knew the sperm donor, so picked up programming around nine years old and haven't stopped staring at screens since. this is just my first mechanical that has all kinds of functionality i have no need for but the syncing to multiple devices and being able to swap between them would take care of about 33% of my need for a KVM.

make it a hell of a lot easier to quit doing the dance of like you said, shifting left or right when i switch between the two keyboards.

i'm still looking for a KVM i like, but this thing apparently can be synced to up to three devices and has hotkeys to switch between the target device. it's supposed to be able to have one wired, one on wireless (2.4ghz) and one on bluetooth. i just haven't spent the ten minutes to get it synced to my work macbook and i keep it wired to my linux desktop because, well, wireless has latency and i ain't got time for that.
my "computer" my brain" runs fast, i fucking will notice that latency, shit i notice 75 to 60 hz.

not to "toot my own horn" reality backs this up, look at our girlfriends for instance, they running 0.5ghz? we on 5.0 ghz lmao

does this addresss/acknolwedge the issue/help at all or im on another page?

my "computer" my brain" runs fast, i fucking will notice that latency, shit i notice 75 to 60 hz.
the last keyboard i had for this desktop was wireless. gah.. sometimes the latency would be 1-2 seconds between keystroke and character appearing, and sometimes because of how computers interpret key presses, it would just dump a bunch of one letter. it was legitimately a hardware issue, though. i beat tf outta that keyboard. thing probably saw at least a half million lines of code written on it over a six year period. was a good and faithful tool until it wasn't. decided no more wireless for the personal rig.

not to "toot my own horn" reality backs this up, look at our girlfriends for instance, they running 0.5ghz? we on 5.0 ghz lmao

does this addresss/acknolwedge the issue/help at all or im on another page?

haha

the last keyboard i had for this desktop was wireless. gah.. sometimes the latency would be 1-2 seconds between keystroke and character appearing, and sometimes because of how computers interpret key presses, it would just dump a bunch of one letter. it was legitimately a hardware issue, though. i beat tf outta that keyboard. thing probably saw at least a half million lines of code written on it over a six year period. was a good and faithful tool until it wasn't. decided no more wireless for the personal rig.
thats the only thing stopping me wireless everything, CORDLESS-Look = Clean af looking, smooth.

in my mind, ill be tripping out on the latency.

even more noticeable when TRIPPING

so, i've evaluated synergy but i'm not looking to run any more client-server applications than i have to. i couldn't even do such between my personal system and work system anyways because they're on two separate VLANs completely segregated so without establishing a tunnel (i won't do that) the mac simply couldn't connect to the server running on my desktop.

that's where hardware KVM would be the correct solution, and i could also run my desktop monitors for the mac, cleaning up my desk a bit more.

the wires, well, they'll be dealt with once i get a new desk. the one i have has been a temporary solution for seven years and it's losing its utility for my purposes, so i'll give it to someone once i get a new one that i'll modify to be able to run wired components without the ugliness of wires all over. cannot stand wires being visible.

so, i've evaluated synergy but i'm not looking to run any more client-server applications than i have to. i couldn't even do such between my personal system and work system anyways because they're on two separate VLANs completely segregated so without establishing a tunnel (i won't do that) the mac simply couldn't connect to the server running on my desktop.

that's where hardware KVM would be the correct solution, and i could also run my desktop monitors for the mac, cleaning up my desk a bit more.

the wires, well, they'll be dealt with once i get a new desk. the one i have has been a temporary solution for seven years and it's losing its utility for my purposes, so i'll give it to someone once i get a new one that i'll modify to be able to run wired components without the ugliness of wires all over. cannot stand wires being visible.
i see

that was the next option a hardware switcher, otherwise hmm

i just need to find the right KVM. i've needed one for years, actually a couple given i run servers at home too, and it's a PITA managing them when network shit is on the fritz because they're all headless. having a KVM with a small monitor and keyboard would make doing sysadmin things on them way easier.

i refuse to use personal gear for work, so i also always run into this problem of doubling up peripherals. with a KVM i could just tell employers ship the laptop, i got the rest covered.

gotta
i just need to find the right KVM. i've needed one for years, actually a couple given i run servers at home too, and it's a PITA managing them when network shit is on the fritz because they're all headless. having a KVM with a small monitor and keyboard would make doing sysadmin things on them way easier.

i refuse to use personal gear for work, so i also always run into this problem of doubling up peripherals. with a KVM i could just tell employers ship the laptop, i got the rest covered.
used to be able to tax deduct that kind of stuff, but i think trump fucked that up. (?)

more than likely, theres another person out there with this same or similar problem and found a solution, i just need to find that guy lol

gotta

used to be able to tax deduct that kind of stuff, but i think trump fucked that up. (?)
yeah, you still can. the problem is how you have to report it. it opens you up to audits pretty damn fast too. like, you can tax deduct your internet connection, power bill, your home office, equipment, etc. but the stipulation is all of it has to be used exclusively for work. if you use, say, the home office for anything personal at all, it no longer qualifies. same as the internet connection. and the IRS knows people will try to deduct this shit and likely can't prove the resources were used exclusively for work, so they audit those tax returns first.

it's easier to play fuck around in the stock market and fudge your capital gains than it is to try to save $100/year on taxes deducting WFH expenses.

more than likely, theres another person out there with this same or similar problem and found a solution, i just need to find that guy lol
there is, always has been with computing lol that's why KVMs exist :ROFLMAO: literally their entire purpose for existence is this use case.

like a portable terminal KVM

something could be made for cheap maybe

6inch lcd with a mobile keyboard

and/but with its own monitor and mini-keyboard?
you plug your peripherals into it, then you connect each client computer to it. the peripherals become accessible to the selected computer on the switch and you simply move the switch to the computer you want to work with. they're pretty clever little guys.

having a KVM with a small monitor and keyboard would make doing sysadmin things on them way easier.
yea i understand it

i took it as youd love that little thing with a minikeyboard and monitor if it was built in, even more.

for other-use-case scenarios

yea i understand it

i took it as youd love that little thing with a minikeyboard and monitor if it was built in, even more.

for other-use-case scenarios
i could see a use case for something like that. like a little raspberry pi with full micro peripherals.

gah this takes too damn long man. getting a reset res dialed just right is a time intensive process. normally it's a 45 minute ordeal but when i do a full reset res, i follow @Aqua Man's RDWC top up method, which requires letting each component mix heavy before each subsequent step. At the final pH stage, I go very slow as well. Like 1ml - 2ml doses of phosphoric acid until I hit target pH, letting each dose mix for 10 minutes before checking with the bluelab and confirming with drops.

likely unnecessary but when dealing with the pH issues I have been I want to be as exact as possible so I'm starting from a clean slate since anything that's in the media right now is about to be in the dump bucket.

at the current rate, i'll be mixing nutrients till 10pm lol

Yup about that time I need to water these bitches and make some more gallons
that reminds me, it's almost time to make up some concentrate.

my sales rep from front row ag advised that concentrates are good for about a month, so only make up what one will use within that timeline. not sure why they're only good for that long, but i trust em. their customer service is primo.

either way, with the steering schedules coming up, gonna be burning through reservoirs much faster, and weighing salts each mixing sucks. it's also easier to tell someone apply n ml of part a and n ml of part b to x gallons of water than weigh n grams of each. fuck, it's easier for me too. hate using a scale every time i gotta re-up the res.

ok first. gross. apparently my mouse is dirty af.

second, res ran through. runoff came back at ~1.4 EC, 6.0 pH input was just shy of 1.0 EC and 5.5 pH. so, a bit of drift, but glad to not be seeing the 2.8 pH.

now to get the maintenance res made up. target is 1.2 EC and 5.5 pH again. i'll be adding the pk boost on this res so will be cutting part A and part B by about 50% to accommodate for the heat MOAB brings. this will run for a week. I'll do the heavy defoliation tomorrow most likely. almost go time.

decided i'm not going to nashville at the end of the month, so we can get this show on the road!

my sales rep from front row ag advised that concentrates are good for about a month, so only make up what one will use within that timeline. not sure why they're only good for that long, but i trust em. their customer service is primo.
I buy mine black market by the ounce and have never had an issue with loss of flavor or potency. I'd like to know his reasoning.

The last batch of wax I bought has been in it's wax paper for at least a couple months and still does it's job and tastes delicious.

I buy mine black market by the ounce and have never had an issue with loss of flavor or potency. I'd like to know his reasoning.

The last batch of wax I bought has been in it's wax paper for at least a couple months and still does it's job and tastes delicious.
wrong concentrate bud lol

he was referring to concentrated nutrient solution for dosing reservoirs. instead of weighing out salts, you mix a batch of concentrate and use that to dose your res like bottled nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom