Oh yeah I'd leave that branch. Just trim it up to the top couple nodes.
this is what i meant. all that fluffy small shit needs to go all the way up to the top nodes. the branch itself looks solid, all that other crap has got to go though. future Observer will thank current Observer for being an abusive caretaker later.

I'll post back when it's stripped more if that's cool

Infact @Observer I wouldn't trim any nodes off those plants, just fan leaves. Rip every fan leaf off except the top 2 or 3 on each branch and leave all the nodes intact. All the way down the stems. You have a great start to a nice shwazz there.

Infact @Observer I wouldn't trim any nodes off it, just fan leaves. Rip every fan leaf off except the top 2 or 3 on each branch and leave all the nodes intact. All the way down the stems. You have a great start to a nice shwazz there.
Exactly what I wanted to try to attempt to.

I'll post back when it's stripped more if that's cool
do it to it. keep in mind this is an advanced technique and can have some pretty negative impacts on plants if not approached right and dealt with accordingly.
Infact @Observer I wouldn't trim any nodes off it, just fan leaves. Rip every fan leaf off except the top 2 or 3 on each branch and leave all the nodes intact. All the way down the stems. You have a great start to a nice shwazz there.
this might be a better approach, too, just to give you some buffer room in case your feedings go sideways or whatever. plus, by exposing all those growth tips you'll end up with baseball bats (theoretically).

do it to it. keep in mind this is an advanced technique and can have some pretty negative impacts on plants if not approached right and dealt with accordingly.

this might be a better approach, too, just to give you some buffer room in case your feedings go sideways or whatever. plus, by exposing all those growth tips you'll end up with baseball bats (theoretically).
Ok awesome thanks

And just to get it out there, Idgaf if i fuck it up, it's part of the learning process for me, make a mistake see why it went wrong, not gonna miss a deadline and $$$$ if I fuck up

With y'all's direction I think I can pull it off

Dirtbag and I are crazy fucks doing what we do to these poor plants lol i'm still hella uncomfortable with the technique but after doing it last run and seeing the results in my space, i won't not do it now. my lights just don't have the penetration to use other methods and yield enough to make growing a reasonable risk and expense.

Yeah those plants are already pretty bushy with lots of space, I would totally leave the nodes on. Stripping to the tip like you are doing @tobh is how I did it with a short veg time and a thick canopy of tops. But the plant structure Observer has is ripe for a 1 million small bud shwazz. Done right you get buds about a gram each, and tons of them. Yield goes through the roof.

Dirtbag and I are crazy fucks doing what we do to these poor plants lol i'm still hella uncomfortable with the technique but after doing it last run and seeing the results in my space, i won't not do it now.

my lights just don't have the penetration to use other methods and yield enough to make growing a reasonable risk and expense.

Right it all makes sense and balances out the light as well and RH, I've been doing it in veg watching them blow back up, only did this one other time in soil, of course that didn't work

But now I'm in half gallon coco with some good roots, and got a drip system to install soon

Yeah those plants are already pretty bushy with lots of space, I would totally leave the nodes on. Stripping to the tip like you are doing @tobh is how I did it with a short veg time and a thick canopy of tops. But the plant structure Observer has is ripe for a 1 million small bud shwazz. Done right you get buds about a gram each, and tons of them. Yield goes through the roof.
I see.

you'll definitely want that drip system installed. imo that's where the bulk of this kind of technique flourishes -- high fertigations encourage much more rapid growth so taking off all the leaves doesn't really impact the plant terribly in terms of lost time.

Infact @Observer I wouldn't trim any nodes off those plants, just fan leaves. Rip every fan leaf off except the top 2 or 3 on each branch and leave all the nodes intact. All the way down the stems. You have a great start to a nice shwazz there.
I'll post back an example real quick to make sure I'm doing it right sorry to be redundant just want to make sure clear understanding of terms and such

you'll definitely want that drip system installed. imo that's where the bulk of this kind of technique flourishes -- high fertigations encourage much more rapid growth so taking off all the leaves doesn't really impact the plant terribly in terms of lost time.
Gotcha, otherwise Im up all night watering by hand shots lol

i didn't think about that aspect of it, tbh. replicating your processes did yield significantly better than anything I had done previously in the tent, so i kinda got tunnel vision with limited space + short veg time = this is the way.

Kinda like this

Attachments

• 16971550458414332813334639015792.jpg
    16971550458414332813334639015792.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 9
  • 1697155072423954654563641028369.jpg
    1697155072423954654563641028369.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 6
This should be about the biggest you leave them. I'd remove the one below it or anything bigger than the one I circled.Screenshot_20231012-170200_Samsung Internet.jpg

Attachments

• 20231012_201859.jpg
    14.1 MB · Views: 4
  • 20231012_201902.jpg
    13.6 MB · Views: 3
  • 20231012_201904.jpg
    12.7 MB · Views: 2
  • 20231012_201905.jpg
    14 MB · Views: 3
  • 20231012_202102.jpg
    14.1 MB · Views: 2
  • 20231012_202059.jpg
    14.1 MB · Views: 2
  • 20231012_202049.jpg
    14.7 MB · Views: 2
Si

Attachments

• 20231012_202514.jpg
    14.6 MB · Views: 3
  • 20231012_202813.jpg
    13.6 MB · Views: 2
shit sorry its upside down, new camera

Let them rebound but remember with that technique you will be pulling a ton more leaves. Let them re-foliate until the end of the stretch period, then defoliate again. After that, pull any big leaves you see any time you're in there for the rest of the grow. Get leaf hungry.

The rebound is important! you should see almost no slow down in growth but if you keep hammering them with light they'll definitely show the stress.

Back
Top Bottom