Let them rebound but remember with that technique you will be pulling a ton more leaves. Let them re-foliate until the end of the stretch period, then defoliate again.
ok ill turn the ppfd down a little, get em all done and back in the tent, get my 0-21-26 + calnit 1.4-1.6 E.C Gallon mixed
After that, pull any big leaves you see any time you're in there for the rest of the grow. Get leaf hungry.
after rebound, maintain pulling big leafs/fan leafs off till chop week ?

yep. You don't have to go crazy, once a week or so pull anything big and in the way. All you really want to keep are the leaves right underneath each bud.

ok ill turn the ppfd down a little, get em all done and back in the tent, get my 0-21-26 + calnit 1.4-1.6 E.C Gallon mixed

run your veg solution through stretch. don't start hitting them with flower ratios yet.

run your veg solution through stretch. don't start hitting them with flower ratios yet.

I've been hearing a lot of good things about balanced 20-20-20 or similar ratio for stretch. Then dropping N slowly past week 4-5 and slowly increasing K. Plus a Pk, Mg and Sulphur spike at the end, and done.

I've been hearing a lot of good things about balanced 20-20-20 or similar ratio for stretch. Then dropping N slowly past week 4-5 and slowly increasing K. Plus a Pk, Mg and Sulphur spike at the end, and done.
that's about what i try to target. PK boost the week before flower because bro science, then pretty balanced until week 5ish, then start dropping the N and raising the PK. I'll be trying to get my hands on some sulfuric acid for late flower, and magnesium sulfate will be a good addition too. PK boost at week 6-7 or 7-8, depending. and then get to the point of flawless finish WITHOUT fucking up with the timer :ROFLMAO:

that's about what i try to target. PK boost the week before flower because bro science, then pretty balanced until week 5ish, then start dropping the N and raising the PK. I'll be trying to get my hands on some sulfuric acid for late flower, and magnesium sulfate will be a good addition too. PK boost at week 6-7 or 7-8, depending. and then get to the point of flawless finish WITHOUT fucking up with the timer :ROFLMAO:
i got the mag sulfate i can add, i dont know which week i would though, also potassium sulfate was told i think by aqua pot.sulfate last few weeks instead of mag sulfate

i got the mag sulfate i can add, i dont know which week i would though, also potassium sulfate was told i think by aqua pot.sulfate last few weeks instead of mag sulfate
yeah, potassium sulfate will help boost the K in the final weeks. mag sulfate would do just as well with a PK booster.

you want to start that stuff after the initial bulk and hairs start to turn. that's the turning point to watch for when it comes to early flower to late flower.

yeah, potassium sulfate will help boost the K in the final weeks. mag sulfate would do just as well with a PK booster.

you want to start that stuff after the initial bulk and hairs start to turn. that's the turning point to watch for when it comes to early flower to late flower.
thank you!

the fine little details i dont know.

I’m still unsure about heavy defoliation tactics, it obviously works if the plants are healthy, and the timing is right. It’s always shocking to see the before and afters tho😅
other than dimming lights after do you adjust watering schedule? For sure this will solve your humidity problems in the short term👊

I’m still unsure about heavy defoliation tactics, it obviously works if the plants are healthy, and the timing is right. It’s always shocking to see the before and afters tho😅
other than dimming lights after do you adjust watering schedule? For sure this will solve your humidity problems in the short term👊
no adjustment on the watering schedule. the plants continue to pull the same volume of water, and now is a critical time to NOT fuck that up. I keep EC, pH and frequency all the same. Just decrease temps and PPFD so they can recover for a few days.

do you collect and measure run off? Would be interesting to see whether the volume of runoff increases after a leaf strip like that, I would think they would slow down significantly.

do you collect and measure run off? Would be interesting to see whether the volume of runoff increases after a leaf strip like that, I would think they would slow down significantly.
i collect and roughly measure runoff, yes. i check it every few days for pH and EC, but volume wise, i don't really have a choice but to measure it. right now i'm having to empty the collection bucket daily and run through a res every two, so the girls are drinking about 3 gallons of water and holding stable out of nine gallons at a full res.

in the coming weeks, i fully anticipate the collection bucket need to be emptied every other day, or even every two days. by week 8, it'll be maybe once a week.

after a defoliation event like this, they seem to take off. it's kind of like a punch to the face as a teenager in a fight. instead of backing down, they respond with the, "oh, you hit like a wuss" and come back hard.

Just gotta do the others.

Thanks tobh I wasn't sure about when to switch ratios, waiting till after stretch makes sense.

Attachments

• 16971647355405587289009691184816.jpg
    16971647355405587289009691184816.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 8
Just gotta do the others.

Thanks tobh I wasn't sure about when to switch ratios, waiting till after stretch makes sense.
just wait bud. next week you're gonna look at this first plant and be like, "wtf."

they bounce back, hard. she'll probably double in size. and you'll have another chore of a trim session

just wait bud. next week you're gonna look at this first plant and be like, "wtf."

they bounce back, hard. she'll probably double in size. and you'll have another chore of a trim session
Thanks man

The stalk and roots to work with

0.50~ gallon

Attachments

• 16971656604151694638904192067934.jpg
    16971656604151694638904192067934.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
  • 16971657349291657878454277569197.jpg
    16971657349291657878454277569197.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • 16971657521003480958516529375567.jpg
    16971657521003480958516529375567.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
ha just checked the plants. while i was doing today's dirty work, i checked each line for blockages, just to be sure things were clear. well, one of the past three fertigation events hit with enough force to encourage one to go upright so apparently i had a fountain in the tent for a minute or two.

grow your own, they said. it'd be fun they said.

fuck man. can't wait for the room build and undercurrent life. it'll be so much simpler.

ha just checked the plants. while i was doing today's dirty work, i checked each line for blockages, just to be sure things were clear. well, one of the past three fertigation events hit with enough force to encourage one to go upright so apparently i had a fountain in the tent for a minute or two.

grow your own, they said. it'd be fun they said.

fuck man. can't wait for the room build and undercurrent life. it'll be so much simpler.
A dripper was aimed out/away?

And right, I'm tired of this tent shit and manual high-freq-fert it was cool/fine to learn it that way but doing it consistently?/constantly?

Using a turkey baster to empty run off from smaller plants lmao

And falling over if no net, small base huge canopy.

Fuck

A dripper was aimed out/away?

And right, I'm tired of this tent shit and manual high-freq-fert it was cool/fine to learn it that way but doing it consistently?/constantly?
Fuck
nah, one of the lines got hit with the air pressure in the line and pulled out of its spot and the coil memory pointed it towards the sky when the pump kicked on. no big deal, not like there are any leaves for the solution to land on haha

manual high freq fert is slavery man. that's why one of the first things i did when i got back into growing was to get timers, pumps, and small reservoirs. really, they'd be considered micro reservoirs. if all i have to do, even if it's every day, is fill a tank with water, dose nutrients, and hit target pH, that's a trade off.

ideally i would have an RO system feeding a source water tank, a top off tank where runoff comes back, goes through a UV-C sterilizer and filter, with dosers to maintain target EC and pH, and an epicenter where dosers do fine tuning.

That's the room build idea. If I NEVER have to touch another bucket of water, or weigh another gram of salt... that would be pretty goddamn nice. Mixing 55 gallons of concentrate at a time? that'd be fine. but even now weighing out salts every day is chore i'd rather not have.

nah, one of the lines got hit with the air pressure in the line and pulled out of its spot and the coil memory pointed it towards the sky when the pump kicked on. no big deal, not like there are any leaves for the solution to land on haha

manual high freq fert is slavery man. that's why one of the first things i did when i got back into growing was to get timers, pumps, and small reservoirs. really, they'd be considered micro reservoirs. if all i have to do, even if it's every day, is fill a tank with water, dose nutrients, and hit target pH, that's a trade off.

ideally i would have an RO system feeding a source water tank, a top off tank where runoff comes back, goes through a UV-C sterilizer and filter, with dosers to maintain target EC and pH, and an epicenter where dosers do fine tuning.

That's the room build idea. If I NEVER have to touch another bucket of water, or weigh another gram of salt... that would be pretty goddamn nice. Mixing 55 gallons of concentrate at a time? that'd be fine. but even now weighing out salts every day is chore i'd rather not have.
Took the words out of my mouth basically.

Finally feel comfortable with the basics, got a little drip system coming soon that I should be able to pick it up pretty quickly setting it up, and able to learn from for making a bigger/better system

I gotta figure out some plumbing, funds are just right and not for this atm, was thinking I'll just get a kiddi pool and elevate at it and angle to cheaply easier run off collection

Ordered a proper timer for it yesterday I'll have to play around with

Gotta strip this one and two more.

And I'll stop posting in you're thread about it lol

Really appeciate y'all's help for those Finer Details.

Attachments

• 16971690795222005289443712807369.jpg
    16971690795222005289443712807369.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
  • 16971690947704268709313798213828.jpg
    16971690947704268709313798213828.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
Took the words out of my mouth basically.

Finally feel comfortable with the basics, got a little drip system coming soon that I should be able to pick it up pretty quickly setting it up, and able to learn from for making a bigger/better system

I gotta figure out some plumbing, funds are just right and not for this atm, was thinking I'll just get a kiddi pool and elevate at it and angle to cheaply easier run off collection

Ordered a proper timer for it yesterday I'll have to play around with
don't knock the kiddie pools man. i wish i had pics of my grows back in college. those pools were dirt cheap and saved my ass more times than i care to admit.

don't knock the kiddie pools man. i wish i had pics of my grows back in college. those pools were dirt cheap and saved my ass more times than i care to admit.
Probably my best route considering $$$

Probably my best route considering $$$
i don't know what a kiddie pool runs now, but the corrugated roofing i bought was $10 for a 8ftx2.5ft sheet. i used scrap 2x4 i had laying around to build the platform (fully don't expect you to have that in an apartment). total platform build would've cost ~$30 if I had to buy all the materials. oh, i bought some gutter sections too. 2' sections for like $3 at a discount store.

a kiddie pool will work just fine, just remember water wicks so if you have some RTV laying around, make a drip break around the drain hole you cut.

don't ask how i know this. that's a bad memory.

i don't know what a kiddie pool runs now, but the corrugated roofing i bought was $10 for a 8ftx2.5ft sheet. i used scrap 2x4 i had laying around to build the platform (fully don't expect you to have that in an apartment). total platform build would've cost ~$30 if I had to buy all the materials. oh, i bought some gutter sections too. 2' sections for like $3 at a discount store.
could probably ask my dad if hes got any materiels laying around and he def has the tools, he can probably help me set something up

ok thats not too bad i do like how its corrugated.

basically like 30$ budget at a time for this stuff atm, as its not priority (financially/family)wise)

a kiddie pool will work just fine, just remember water wicks so if you have some RTV laying around,

make a drip break around the drain hole you cut.
i think i get what u mean but not 100%

bout ready to fuckin send it otherwise.

one plant left to trim, prob do it tmr

Back
Top Bottom