nah, one of the lines got hit with the air pressure in the line and pulled out of its spot and the coil memory pointed it towards the sky when the pump kicked on. no big deal, not like there are any leaves for the solution to land on haha

manual high freq fert is slavery man. that's why one of the first things i did when i got back into growing was to get timers, pumps, and small reservoirs. really, they'd be considered micro reservoirs. if all i have to do, even if it's every day, is fill a tank with water, dose nutrients, and hit target pH, that's a trade off.

ideally i would have an RO system feeding a source water tank, a top off tank where runoff comes back, goes through a UV-C sterilizer and filter, with dosers to maintain target EC and pH, and an epicenter where dosers do fine tuning.

That's the room build idea. If I NEVER have to touch another bucket of water, or weigh another gram of salt... that would be pretty goddamn nice. Mixing 55 gallons of concentrate at a time? that'd be fine. but even now weighing out salts every day is chore i'd rather not have.
I am truly to the point of dosers and definitely can’t justify the cost but mixing salts even every couple days is getting very old. 55gallons and 25#s of salts for an entire grow makes me daydream about how much more time I would have to watch the ducks fuck, play fetch with the 3 legged dog, and kick the beer can down the road! I seriously have to have them.

Is Dosatron the only game in town or is there a company making a comparable product? When I priced a simple A,B, Ph dosatron system about a year ago I believe it was over 3K maybe more I honestly don’t remember.

Also you have to run a high pressure pump with pressure compensated drippers if I’m not mistaken which adds at least another 1k.

It is so damn expensive to automate and be lazy at this damn hobby!

I am truly to the point of dosers and definitely can’t justify the cost but mixing salts even every couple days is getting very old. 55gallons and 25#s of salts for an entire grow makes me daydream about how much more time I would have to watch the ducks fuck, play fetch with the 3 legged dog, and kick the beer can down the road! I seriously have to have them.

Is Dosatron the only game in town or is there a company making a comparable product? When I priced a simple A,B, Ph dosatron system about a year ago I believe it was over 3K maybe more I honestly don’t remember.

Also you have to run a high pressure pump with pressure compensated drippers if I’m not mistaken which adds at least another 1k.

It is so damn expensive to automate and be lazy at this damn hobby!
@Anthem275 your domain sir

that's about what i try to target. PK boost the week before flower because bro science, then pretty balanced until week 5ish, then start dropping the N and raising the PK. I'll be trying to get my hands on some sulfuric acid for late flower, and magnesium sulfate will be a good addition too. PK boost at week 6-7 or 7-8, depending. and then get to the point of flawless finish WITHOUT fucking up with the timer :ROFLMAO:
how do you incorporate the PK boost?

is it its own solution?

do you add it to the flower salts?

how do you incorporate the PK boost?

is it its own solution?

do you add it to the flower salts?
all i run is salts, aside from h2o2.

every res i weigh out n grams part a, t grams part b.

when it comes to the pk booster, i weigh out x grams pkb, and cut part a + b by n% to maintain my target EC.

given my chosen PK booster is very, very hot, i cut anywhere from 50-60% on my base nutrients.

again, i don't run solutions, purely salts. everything is gram per gallon, aside from h2o2.

when i do partake, i prefer sativa doms simply because my brain is weird and indicas trigger strong panic responses. even still i have to approach with a very light touch otherwise the weed makes me rocket from decently stable to crippling anxiety in very short order. heart pounding, ears ringing, brain racing, hyperventilating. cannot stand that feeling, so i hardly consume anymore. maybe every few months i'll take a hit or two.

really want to be switching back to smoking instead of drinking, though. just need to find where i left my balls and fight through the reaction and build a tolerance so the activity will be enjoyable again.
I’ve been switching from alcohol to weed since 2005. Wasn’t until I started growing and harvesting that it stuck. Weed was costing too much and quality sucked. Still have cider and tequila once in a while but that’s all.

Worth the quick update. Defoliation happened Wednesday I think.

This is the plants right now. Like nothing happened. Going to 12/12 tomorrow. Shit is about to get real.
PXL_20231015_003440370.jpg

I’ve been switching from alcohol to weed since 2005. Wasn’t until I started growing and harvesting that it stuck. Weed was costing too much and quality sucked. Still have cider and tequila once in a while but that’s all.
i went completely dry last year for almost three months. it was great, then I flew out to Nashville on a mandatory work trip and ended up binge drinking every night for the three nights I was there. Absolute worst decision was taking that first drink of whiskey. I've been battling it again since.

But, with growing, i've always gained more from the plant through the act of growing than I ever did from the act of smoking. There's just something about this plant and the various ways to grow it that brings peace to the mind. At least, it used to. Anymore i have a dozen plates I'm spinning at any given time, and trying to keep it all balanced and not drop any of em is a hell of a lot more stressful than growing can help with. Suppose I should start putting more effort into exercise given it helps the body process cortisol.

i do love a high end whisky, though, and that's my biggest battle. I drink to deal with stress, but when it comes to Scotch, I drink that explicitly because I love the flavor and complexities of the different distillers. Nothing matches a Lagavulin 16 year, except maybe some of Oban's offerings. A few weeks ago at a wedding I cringed watching an older man and the groom shooting Woodford Reserve... some spirits are meant for that crude method of consumption but not a cask aged spirit that has so many layers that when you shoot it all you get is heat but you don't spend the time to taste every nuance of it. TL;DR: I treat whiskeys and whiskys like wine. IPAs are my go-to for casual drinking just because I don't want to drink a 12 pack to get where I intend to be. A few 9% double IPAs and it's hard to NOT catch a heavy buzz.

Worth the quick update. Defoliation happened Wednesday I think.

This is the plants right now. Like nothing happened. Going to 12/12 tomorrow. Shit is about to get real.
View attachment 25824
Amazing how fast they bounce back in rockwool. In a week it'll look like they've never been stripped.
Really enjoying following this with no grow of my own to oogle over haha.

Amazing how fast they bounce back in rockwool. In a week it'll look like they've never been stripped.
Really enjoying following this with no grow of my own to oogle over haha.
glad to have you along for the ride! we both know how much I've picked your brain to be able to pull this crazy shit off. me 10 years ago would be shit talking these methods haha. they fuckin work though and produce some very impressive results.

glad to have you along for the ride! we both know how much I've picked your brain to be able to pull this crazy shit off. me 10 years ago would be shit talking these methods haha. they fuckin work though and produce some very impressive results.
Same, I would have shit talked these methods 10 years ago too. I still had the MiMed mentality back then, which works great also. But this is on a different level.

How is humidity in there now? Did it drop after the strip? Assuming it must have.

Same, I would have shit talked these methods 10 years ago too. I still had the MiMed mentality back then, which works great also. But this is on a different level.
for real. the most i squeezed out of the 4x4 before last run was 1.2lb. and 3/4 of that yield went to edibles because it was larf. Last run was 2oz shy of 2lbs. this run, so long I don't fuck up the timer again, or some other catastrophic issue, should hit the goal. All smokable product, too.

Just hope i have the headspace for it. i dug into the history of these genetics and i'm looking at a strong 3x stretch unless i can get inverse temps, even them I'm looking at 2x stretch. that's gonna put these ladies at 4" - 6" from the lights, so bleached tips, again. never fails man... i overgrow this space every fucking time.

How is humidity in there now? Did it drop after the strip? Assuming it must have.
yeah, 78F, 66% RH. LST is 75F. So, VPD is 0.85 or so. Depends on the leaf I measure. These QB's are getting tired after six runs, so the amount of light the diodes put out, especially the IR diodes, is not as uniform.

certainly better than the 75%+ I was seeing. when i was stripping them i was finding leaf after leaf with water droplets, so the strip was much needed.

for real. the most i squeezed out of the 4x4 before last run was 1.2lb. and 3/4 of that yield went to edibles because it was larf. Last run was 2oz shy of 2lbs. this run, so long I don't fuck up the timer again, or some other catastrophic issue, should hit the goal. All smokable product, too.

Just hope i have the headspace for it. i dug into the history of these genetics and i'm looking at a strong 3x stretch unless i can get inverse temps, even them I'm looking at 2x stretch. that's gonna put these ladies at 4" - 6" from the lights, so bleached tips, again. never fails man... i overgrow this space every fucking time.
That's the biggest benefit of this method is being able to maximize yield of smokable product. Once people wrap their heads around abusing the plants, they produce a ton of 1-3 gram buds with smaller tops overall but the ripe, smokeable yield goes up so much, and overall yield goes up as well. It's a win win.

B interesting how much the day/night diffential slows down the stretch.how high is your ceiling..spose that’s not a problem..

I can’t agree more with you dirtbag! I have been ridiculed and abused on forums since the day I started doing it and posting about it! Most people are set in their ways and think it’s the worst thing you could do to a plant. However I will try almost anything at least once! I have been stripping the ladies since my second indoor grow a few years ago. I was taught by an old head to do it and can’t imagine not doing it! He pretty much taught me just like you have said. Strip them naked as a you think you should then take 70-90% more off and you might have done it correctly. After growing outdoor for several years previously it honestly seemed like he had definitely smoked way too much but he was 100% correct IMO!

B interesting how much the day/night diffential slows down the stretch.how high is your ceiling..spose that’s not a problem..
tent is 7ft, i lose about 12" to the lights hanging, can gain about 6" by adjusting how they're hung.

once I have the room built, height will still be an issue because i'm fucking stupid and see a space and say "yeah, i can fit it in there" and it still ends up too big :ROFLMAO:

I can’t agree more with you dirtbag! I have been ridiculed and abused on forums since the day I started doing it and posting about it! Most people are set in their ways and think it’s the worst thing you could do to a plant. However I will try almost anything at least once! I have been stripping the ladies since my second indoor grow a few years ago. I was taught by an old head to do it and can’t imagine not doing it! He pretty much taught me just like you have said. Strip them naked as a you think you should then take 70-90% more off and you might have done it correctly. After growing outdoor for several years previously it honestly seemed like he had definitely smoked way too much but he was 100% correct IMO!
nekked chimkens make better breasts

I noticed about an 8"-10" savings in height on my crop with tighter internode spacing when I started doing temperature inversions through stretch. And I was using the same strains also. Could have even been a foot shorter honestly. Went from eye level canopies to chest height.

I noticed about an 8"-10" savings in height on my crop with tighter internode spacing when I started doing temperature inversions through stretch. And I was using the same strains also. Could have even been a foot shorter honestly. Went from eye level canopies to chest height.
this sounds like money to me. if i can save 6" post-stretch, that means I'll not be stuck with bleaching. now, how to get the tent 3F+ above lights on at night in the damp, airy garage is a whole other conversation lol

this sounds like money to me. if i can save 6" post-stretch, that means I'll not be stuck with bleaching. now, how to get the tent 3F+ above lights on at night in the damp, airy garage is a whole other conversation lol
I had a new grower tell me today that he took the vent off the dryer in the garage to heat the garage where his tent is. My question was what if you don’t have anything else to wash and dry? His answer was make more dirty clothes!

There is more than one way to skin a cat I guess????

I had a new grower tell me today that he took the vent off the dryer in the garage to heat the garage where his tent is. My question was what if you don’t have anything else to wash and dry? His answer was make more dirty clothes!

he'll figure it out when everything is coated in lint and dust. or, maybe he has kids and has to do multiple loads a day. can certainly think of more economical ways to heat a garage lol

• Agree
Reactions: Max

Thays how you get weed that taste like Bounce dryer sheets

I first tried it in soil when I was first learning to grow.

....SOIL, of course it aint doing shit then, lol.

I am same with 2.1 metre ceiling height.I changed the original hangers which wasted heaps of space and that little extra helped big time.since I’ve started topping at beginning of stretch too which delays the stretch till about day 15 then they get going.I like how dirtbag lowers his temp to 25deg through it then raises it once stretch period has stopped..

I am same with 2.1 metre ceiling height.I changed the original hangers which wasted heaps of space and that little extra helped big time.since I’ve started topping at beginning of stretch too which delays the stretch till about day 15 then they get going.I like how dirtbag lowers his temp to 25deg through it then raises it once stretch period has stopped..
Dirtbag doesn't lower his temps, per se, but he raises lights off temps a few degrees. the inverse temp differential makes a hell of a difference. i'm gonna do what i can to make that happen this round. stretch has always kicked my ass in this tent.

Digging through last run's documentation. note the difference in the first screen placement. I waited way too long last time. Shouldn't run into droopy mcdrooperson this time.

Screenshot_2023-10-15_00-42-48.png

irrigation timer set to generative schedule. light timer set to 7am on 7pm off. gotta keep an eye on that light timer, though. it's a cheaper mechanical and ime they quit being reliable after a few runs. this one might get tossed to the "don't use for lights" pile. also, the trunks and branches last run were puny compared to this run. @Dirtbag might be right (he is more often than not -- very hard thing for me to admit lol)... i think something special might be in the works here boys.

Last edited:
Dirtbag doesn't lower his temps, per se, but he raises lights off temps a few degrees. the inverse temp differential makes a hell of a difference. i'm gonna do what i can to make that happen this round. stretch has always kicked my ass in this tent.
I’m sure he mentioned it brother in his crystal palace thread over on logics mental institute that he lowers the day temp through stretch..then raises it back up..as I started doing the same right after that..😀

Back
Top Bottom