ah, fuck. just realized i didn't flip the switches to flower spectrum. dammit.

is that a different board/panel on the right?
older version of the others. it didn't have a switch for veg/flower. that's what tipped me off to the other two sets lol you can visibly see the red diodes burning and the IR diodes are visible (to an extent, like a very faint blue) when wearing welding glasses.

older version of the others. it didn't have a switch for veg/flower. that's what tipped me off to the other two sets lol you can visibly see the red diodes burning and the IR diodes are visible (to an extent, like a very faint blue) when wearing welding glasses.
I was curious wasn't sure if LEDs were burnt out or not, saw the blue in the left and red in the right

One of those synce dragon changeable spectrum lights would be dope....fuckin 1500$...

I gotta pull out my black panels again, I honestly think I was liking them better than the Spiderfarmer and vipar shit.

All are supposedly Samsung diodes just different kinds, but I could do 600watts with those 4, only 520 with these 2

Ks3000 and sf2000, got em not too far from the canopy though

Yes I was curious wasn't sure if LEDs were burnt out or not, saw the blue in the left and red in the right

One of those synce dragon changeable spectrum lights would be dope....fuckin 1500$...
yeah, but you get what you pay for. these QBs were somewhere around $200 per set, and they've been amazing. they'll work great for when i get the microgreens going, too. the newer models have the "spectrum" switch which just turns on or off the red and IR diodes. it's just another thing to remember when fucking with everything else, though.

I gotta pull out my black panels again, I honestly think I was liking them better than the Spiderfarmer and vipar shit.
these panels are by enfun. they're fairly respectable considering they fall in the cheap chinese shit, but they don't do any predatory marketing, and use quality diodes vs bottom bin diodes. the set on the right i've been running for four years? maybe a little longer. the other two are a couple years old. they're about midlife overall, and i'm seeing the effects of that now, having to burn em a bit higher than I used to. I'm also not trying to bleach the plants this run which I've done every single run since I started running these lights.

yeah, but you get what you pay for. these QBs were somewhere around $200 per set, and they've been amazing. they'll work great for when i get the microgreens going, too. the newer models have the "spectrum" switch which just turns on or off the red and IR diodes. it's just another thing to remember when fucking with everything else, though.
I like em

Mine were some other Chinese shit but basically no name brand, 60$ for 150watts x4 lm301D supposedly and it does have a few IR/UV diodes, but absolutely no warranty, support or anything,

worry they just shit out at any moment for basically no reason lol but have not used them much, only a few runs and boxed for now, thibk they are 4000k or 5000k spec

Dimmable too

I don't even feel like fuckin with the shit tonight.

Hung over🤷

But gotta water em or death I suppose lol

Opinions for the 5 x 5

well, shit. in my searching for causes related to https://budbuilders.org/threads/any-thoughts-on-this.652/, i have become inspired to take some samples from my plants and see what i might be able to identify on agar.

plan is take some sterile swabs, and take some swipes from bases of the plant trunks, and bottoms of leaves, and develop some cultures on agar.

fully expect to see some trichoderma, penicillium, and potentially fusarium. will likely see some stachybotrys as well since it's quite common in my region and I know for a fact it's in this house.

could be fun, or terrifying, but enlightening regardless.

Yours look quite a bit more "lush" and "fuller"

How long was you're veg?
The stalks look great.

I think only one of mine on my "current run" , barely comes close to those.

Crazy/amazing how much you/one can strip off and now........in the right media/sub and environment.

👊

Have a good night man

Gonna mimic the same thing/similar as yours, next run and see how I do

My veg was/is way too long, gotta get it right/down

Yours look quite a bit more "lush" and "fuller"

How long was you're veg?
The stalks look great.

I think only one of mine on my "current run" , barely comes close to those.

Crazy/amazing how much you/one can strip off and now........in the right media/sub and environment.

👊

Have a good night man
depends when you count "veg" time from. These are all clones from three moms that started from seed in coco. Those moms were vegged about six weeks from seed germination before these cuts were taken, then these were vegged about six weeks from roots showing in the rapid rooters. about five weeks from roots showing in the bottom of the 3" delta blocks.

the stalks on these plants are ridiculous for the time they've been alive, either way. need to put the digital caliper to em and get a measurement. I won't be cutting them with garden shears, that's for damn sure. come harvest, i have yet another use for the oscillating multitool

ran to the corner store. 33F on ultra high performance summer tires is no bueno. the ride quality even on coil overs is garbage, let alone the traction. as much as i don't want to yet, i think it's time to put on the winter wheels.

depends when you count "veg" time from. These are all clones from three moms that started from seed in coco. Those moms were vegged about six weeks from seed germination before these cuts were taken, then these were vegged about six weeks from roots showing in the rapid rooters.
Oh, I think I see, so that clone was cut off a branch, and that's that clones , age or veg time, or part of it?
the stalks on these plants are ridiculous for the time they've been alive, either way. need to the digital caliper to em and get a measurement. I won't be cutting them with garden shears, that's for damn sure. come harvest, i have yet another use for the oscillating multitool
fuckin sick job, my plants I started flowering took like, 3 months? 4? Inconsistent/uncontrollable environment I guess

To wrap a root zone how it is in the half gallon and stalks aren't close at all to that size, maybe only the one at the forefront on mine with the crazy hydro like root mass.

You using silica, for veg?

ran to the corner store. 33F on ultra high performance summer tires is no bueno. the ride quality even on coil overs is garbage, let alone the traction. as much as i don't want to yet, i think it's time to put on the winter wheels.
Man, some snow and parking lot sounds fun AF...

Oh, I think I see, so that clone was cut off a branch, and that's that clones , age or veg time, or part of it?

fuckin sick job, my plants I started flowering took like, 3 months? 4? Inconsistent/uncontrollable environment I guess

To wrap a root zone how it is in the half gallon and stalks aren't close at all to that size, maybe only the one at the forefront on mine with the crazy hydro like root mass.

You using silica, for veg?
.... first question is a point of contention. i count veg from first roots showing in original rooting media -- my choice is rapid rooters. at least, with clones. BUT a clone is technically a continuation of the mother plant, so carries that plant's lifetime. so, on that math you could have plants that have vegged 30+ years on certain cultivars.

second question, yes. i ran protekt for a bit but I've figured out how to leverage my base salts to buffer the water source enough to not get the wild pH swings I was having. potassium silicate is a great buffering agent but makes a res mixup long winded. i have power SI too, but i hate that shit with a passion. i'll gladly ship it to someone else because I paid $90 for the bottle and maybe used 100ml out of a liter. shit floats around like cum in bath water. fucking hate it.
Man, some snow and parking lot sounds fun AF...
i drove in snow on them (not the current set, on the old set pre-winter tires) one time. never again. even with AWD it was basically like driving a baby deer on ice skates. I don't think I broke 10mph on my way to get winter tires.

.... first question is a point of contention. i count veg from first roots showing in original rooting media -- my choice is rapid rooters. at least, with clones. BUT a clone is technically a continuation of the mother plant, so carries that plant's lifetime. so, on that math you could have plants that have vegged 30+ years on certain cultivars.

second question, yes. i ran protekt for a bit but I've figured out how to leverage my base salts to buffer the water source enough to not get the wild pH swings I was having. potassium silicate is a great buffering agent but makes a res mixup long winded. i have power SI too, but i hate that shit with a passion. i'll gladly ship it to someone else because I paid $90 for the bottle and maybe used 100ml out of a liter. shit floats around like cum in bath water. fucking hate it.

i drove in snow on them (not the current set, on the old set pre-winter tires) one time. never again. even with AWD it was basically like driving a baby deer on ice skates. I don't think I broke 10mph on my way to get winter tires.
Oh, that makes sense, I'd consider it the same way then, I didnt really know or think of it much before
My bad

Haven't heard good things about protekt , or basically fuck every other silica product, seems better to make our own with potassium silicate, I'm about to order and start trying that too.

Damn fuck that's aggravating, I CANT FUCKIN MOVE, lol.

Ty

Damn fuck that's aggravating, I CANT FUCKIN MOVE, lol.
that's how the drive to the corner store felt! where i normally apply throttle, couldn't because i could feel the spin. too much torque with too little traction. fast car with cold tires makes sad bois.

that's how the drive to the corner store felt! where i normally apply throttle, couldn't because i could feel the spin. too much torque with too little traction. fast car with cold tires makes sad bois.
Had bald ass summer tires once in the Jetta when we got a bad ice/snow storm....may have slid into some curbs at 5mph lol

No no no no

I breezed through the agar link.(y)
While using the agar you can test meds to see what works best for you if you find something.
Even if you can't ID it you can safely test treatments and see real results using the agar.
This is fish related but would work for us also IMO.

I breezed through the agar link.(y)
While using the agar you can test meds to see what works best for you if you find something.
Even if you can't ID it you can safely test treatments and see real results using the agar.
This is fish related but would work for us also IMO.
we have the shroom thread, but that doesn't encompass the expanse the microbiology offers to us as people.

growing "shrooms" is easy. but there are so many other fungi and bacteria that don't get us high that offer sooo much more value.

i have initial culture plates of lion's mane and pink oyster i need to do transfers of (to ensure cleanliness) and with the swabs from the plants, things will get interesting.

there's so much more to understand about the world we live in, and i want to learn to leverage my dumbness just a tiny bit in my remaining (hopeful) 40 years of active ability to at least help others not do dumb shit.

I won't be cutting them with garden shears, that's for damn sure. come harvest, i have yet another use for the oscillating multitool
I like to call 'em wiggle cutters

Back
Top Bottom