Definitely one of the next growth methods to learn, feel pretty comfortable with coco and salts now.

are you almost out lol?

look forward to you're next run.
Yeah im out of that stash now.
Not growing again anytime soon though, Weed is too cheap around here lately to bother and after doing it for so long it's real nice to take a break.

Yeah im out of that stash now.
Not growing again anytime soon though, Weed is too cheap around here lately to bother and after doing it for so long it's real nice to take a break.
As I near my first harvest, I'm starting to miss the days of $400 zips. I coulda been making SOOO much dough had I taken up this hobby a few years earlier. Now I'm just looking to limit the traffic to my homies already busy place. After having a kid, I don't need the law watching me.

Yeah dude, rockwool. Rockwool and crop steering.
Crazy thing is my first weed grows were done in cubes. 4 x 8 flood trays on a table with res underneath for the F & D irrigation I was using. 6" Grodans to plug in the 1" cube sprouts. Hydroton balls as the grow media. I actually did pretty good for not knowing what I was doing. The bummer came at clean up. Had to pick up a 300 gal stock tank to be able to rinse all the hydroton for the next harvest. What a fucking mess. The wool blocks themselves were easy to dispose of but I gave up on hydroton as a media and went on to an ebb and flow 2 bucket system.

Crazy thing is my first weed grows were done in cubes. 4 x 8 flood trays on a table with res underneath for the F & D irrigation I was using. 6" Grodans to plug in the 1" cube sprouts. Hydroton balls as the grow media. I actually did pretty good for not knowing what I was doing. The bummer came at clean up. Had to pick up a 300 gal stock tank to be able to rinse all the hydroton for the next harvest. What a fucking mess. The wool blocks themselves were easy to dispose of but I gave up on hydroton as a media and went on to an ebb and flow 2 bucket system.
Uuuuggghhh hydroton man lol used that shit once and will never again. Pain in the ass is the understatement of the year man. Those clay pebbles were created by some psychopath that wanted to fuck with anyone that thought they were smart enough to do hydro without exploring all other methods first lol

Uuuuggghhh hydroton man lol used that shit once and will never again. Pain in the ass is the understatement of the year man. Those clay pebbles were created by some psychopath that wanted to fuck with anyone that thought they were smart enough to do hydro without exploring all other methods first lol
Those fucking lava balls go EVERYWHERE. I like the Oxy that they afford root stuctures but that cleanup....no thanks.

Thankfully I'm only dealing with a 6" netpot full of it. Otherwise, I might take that personal 🤣

Thankfully I'm only dealing with a 6" netpot full of it. Otherwise, I might take that personal 🤣
see you were smart enough to NOT do a F&D table with it as media. there is literally no way to clean that shit up 100%. i left a massive pile of the crap at my old house. told the landlord i used it for soil aeration :ROFLMAO:

see you were smart enough to NOT do a F&D table with it as media. there is literally no way to clean that shit up 100%. i left a massive pile of the crap at my old house. told the landlord i used it for soil aeration :ROFLMAO:
Right? I got the idea from a gardener friend of mine as I had no clue how to set something like that up. She had a big greenhouse with flood tables and hydroton so I decided to copy her. My mistake was in assuming you could just pluck out the cubes and plug in new ones as that is what she would do. Wrong.....

Right? I got the idea from a gardener friend of mine as I had no clue how to set something like that up. She had a big greenhouse with flood tables and hydroton so I decided to copy her. My mistake was in assuming you could just pluck out the cubes and plug in new ones as that is what she would do. Wrong.....
glad i wasn't the only one! hahaha that works for thinner root crops like lettuce but cannabis is a different monster

FINALLY got around to ordering some clip fans. Not interested in spending $35+ on something I'll be replacing again in six to twelve months, i found these guys

will let y'all know how they hold up. i'll be cutting all the grilles off because they're not necessary (just watch your hands/ears -- those blades will get ya). still need one more 12" to live under the canopy but that can wait till the girls are bigger.

FINALLY got around to ordering some clip fans. Not interested in spending $35+ on something I'll be replacing again in six to twelve months, i found these guys

will let y'all know how they hold up. i'll be cutting all the grilles off because they're not necessary (just watch your hands/ears -- those blades will get ya). still need one more 12" to live under the canopy but that can wait till the girls are bigger.
oh sweet only 11$ ea,having another one or two wouldnt hurt.

im not patient enough to see if its gonna fuck up on you though for only 11 dollars.

-----------------------------------------------------------

the HealSmart Tent Poles Clip Fan does not have its CFM (cubic feet per minute) explicitly mentioned on its Amazon product page. However, the fan has a 15-watt motor and 10-cm blade length.

Using the formula for calculating CFM, we can estimate that the fan's CFM is around 0.000471 CFM.

Please note that this is just an estimate and the actual CFM of the fan may vary depending on its design and other factors.
Here are some other factors that can affect the CFM of a fan:

• The number of fan blades: More blades will typically move more air, but this can also make the fan louder.
  • The fan's speed: A faster fan will move more air than a slower fan.
  • The fan's design: The shape and size of the fan's blades can also affect its CFM.
  • The airflow resistance: The amount of air resistance that the fan encounters can also affect its CFM.
how accurate is this formula?
CFM = (watts * 60) / (voltage * blade_length)
CFM = (15 watts * 60) / (120 volts * 10 centimeters) = 0.00047123849999999997 CFM
cfm = rpm * (2 * 3.14159) * (blade_length / 100)

where:

• rpm is the fan speed in revolutions per minute
  • blade_length is the length of the fan blades in centimeters
-according to BARD

Last edited:
Hard to find reliable fans.it’s all near Chinese junk .I hate em lol.I’ve have small flames coming out of the wiring at the rear where it osciltates from..they scare the crappers out of me..I wouldn’t mind the good old steel ones from yesteryear .they are abit big for my room though..I’ve changed brand to a hyalite 20 watter .working okay but time will tell…

Hard to find reliable fans.it’s all near Chinese junk .I hate em lol.I’ve have small flames coming out of the wiring at the rear where it osciltates from..they scare the crappers out of me..I wouldn’t mind the good old steel ones from yesteryear .they are abit big for my room though..I’ve changed brand to a hyalite 20 watter .working okay but time will tell…
Agreed. I've been using Honeywell fans and, so far, they've been flawless. My $15 Amazon Comfort Zone clip fan is still working but the dreaded fan whine is already starting up.

My Walmart cheapos are doing good for now.

They are like a box of chocolates ,never know what you might get.the first growlush fans I bought ran well for like near 12 months.when they stuffed up I bought the same brand again and didn’t last 4 months,and since then I’ve had nothing but problems with them..the last 2 catching fire and smoking..

yeah, i just can't stomach paying $35+ for a 6" fan. that's highway robbery. I'm also sick of rigging up mounts for the more traditional clip-on desk fans. i couldn't care less about oscillation since i don't run my fans with that setting on anyhow. oscillators burn out very, very quickly when used 24/7.

so long these make all the leaves dance and keep RH + temps uniform throughout the tent for at least one grow, i'll say the $50ish I spent on four was worth it. That's an acceptable cost to have to replace them every grow imo.

Reactions: Max
yeah, i just can't stomach paying $35+ for a 6" fan. that's highway robbery. I'm also sick of rigging up mounts for the more traditional clip-on desk fans. i couldn't care less about oscillation since i don't run my fans with that setting on anyhow. oscillators burn out very, very quickly when used 24/7.

so long these make all the leaves dance and keep RH + temps uniform throughout the tent for at least one grow, i'll say the $50ish I spent on four was worth it. That's an acceptable cost to have to replace them every grow imo.
It's a shame you can't get a well built small oscillating clip fan.
All I ever used was bigger plastic hurricane fans and they oscillated 24/7 for a good 6+ years straight without a hiccup. In fact I think I've only ever seen one hurricane fan have a problem in all my years growing, and dozens of fans used.
With the tent growing market being the new norm, you would think someone would get on this.

All I ever used was bigger plastic hurricane fans and they oscillated 24/7 for a good 6+ years straight without a hiccup. In fact I think I've only ever seen one hurricane fan have a problem in all my years growing, and dozens of fans used.
With the tent growing market being the new norm, you would think someone would get on this.
they might be but if they are, they're putting a ridiculous price tag on their warez. i've never spent more the $30 on a 12" fan. like hell if i'm going to spend $40 on a 6". just ain't happening.

Agreed. The Hurricane 16" fans most grows use are very sturdy.

The little 8" Honeywell Turboforce fan I have is great. No issues and I've run her 24/7 for the last year now. Best $16 fan I've ever bought. Hopefully, the 10" oscillator version is as reliable.

Agreed. The Hurricane 16" fans most grows use are very sturdy.

The little 8" Honeywell Turboforce fan I have is great. No issues and I've run her 24/7 for the last year now. Best $16 fan I've ever bought. Hopefully, the 10" oscillator version is as reliable.
Agreed, I quit buying clip fans and only use the 12" and 16" hurricane wall mounts and never had an issue since. Yeah, the price is a little steep but I get them on sale. I used to hate wondering how long till the back of the clip fans were gonna start to arc arc and possibly cause a fire.

Agreed, I quit buying clip fans and only use the 12" and 16" hurricane wall mounts and never had an issue since. Yeah, the price is a little steep but I get them on sale. I used to hate wondering how long till the back of the clip fans were gonna start to arc arc and possibly cause a fire.
I've never taken one of those fans apart but the oscillating mechanism must be beast to handle 24/7 action along with us dumbasses bumping into them.

Ac infinity seems to have taken over the market with their inline fans.
I see they now make a clip on fan that i know nothing about

Ac infinity seems to have taken over the market with their inline fans.
I see they now make a clip on fan that i know nothing about
oh that fancy thing with 12 speeds and can be wired to their proprietary controller?

i hear it moves air real nice, but too advanced for the one piece of equipment that needs to be the dumbest in any grow, imo. there is zero reason a circulatory fan should have 12 speeds nor need to be linked to a controller. the fucker isn't controlling the environment, after all. it's just moving air within the environment.

i'm a big fan of two speeds, no oscillation. less parts to fail.

I have a little 8" oscillator I used in my veg area that ran perfect for years, still does, I'll try and find the name on it somewhere. Can't remember what it is. Have that same Honeywell 8" and it runs great too still. Kinda have a fan collection over here.

I have a little 8" oscillator I used in my veg area that ran perfect for years, still does, I'll try and find the name on it somewhere. Can't remember what it is. Have that same Honeywell 8" and it runs great too still. Kinda have a fan collection over here.
I think the whole fan collection thing is definitely a "grower" problem......... 🤣

fack. someone come top these clones for me. i'm fuckin wiped out today. been up since 4am for some awful reason. they could probably use their first fertigation too, but i'm not really wanting to mix up nine gallons of solution right now. fml. rockwool waits for no one. be back in a few i guess.

fack. someone come top these clones for me. i'm fuckin wiped out today. been up since 4am for some awful reason. they could probably use their first fertigation too, but i'm not really wanting to mix up nine gallons of solution right now. fml. rockwool waits for no one. be back in a few i guess.
Another reason i like soil🤣🤣
I can be kinda lazy and skip a day here and there

Yea....cant skip shit when media isnt far from drying out.

My veg needs another watering before lights comeback on

Back
Top Bottom