Damn if it does come to that that'd be cool.

Pretty sure this is my first attempt at high-freq AND stripping them for flower time.

I have this I could rig to the side clothes hanger poles and or led/cables I suppose

Dont want to get fibres all over em but ...
drop me a DM with your addy. i'll help a brotha out.

on that note, i'm out. third double IPA in the hatch, been up since 4am, time to go get on The Bear, chow down, and crash out. school is in session boys

no chiller. given i run dtw, and use h2o2, i don't feel a need. the igloo just hold the temps more stable vs a rubbermaid that is much more susceptible to temp swings.

since the move my biggest problem is getting RH down and heat up, which is partially opposite from the last house where heat was the battle almost constantly and RH for most of the time. when i was doing the dutch bucket setup with a rubbermaid tote res, temps were all over the place in the res. with the igloo, by the time it drains fully, i'll typically see a rise of maybe 4f from ~65f out of the faucet to maybe 70f. tbh, i don't give a shit what temp it is. h2o2 provides enough DO and keeps the baddies away so it's moreso a known water tight container at this point.
My last place env with central air and open living room, I attempted a balancing act with the tent flaps.

It seemed to work for my 5x5 but my 2v4 would be 80s-F and 40s-RH unless i did some shit, leading to taco

school is in session boys
So i had a surprise moment yesterday.....
Thought all summer that school was sept 7.... NOPE its the 6th.... fuuuuck. Had to run around like a fool last night getting all their stuff together and in book bags and shit.🤣 plus had to go get lunch stuff too lol

In my defense, school always started the first Thursday of September when i went there lmao.

I had put them to 50% then increase to 75% a few minutes later they took it just fine

So i had a surprise moment yesterday.....
Thought all summer that school was sept 7.... NOPE its the 6th.... fuuuuck. Had to run around like a fool last night getting all their stuff together and in book bags and shit.🤣 plus had to go get lunch stuff too lol

In my defense, school always started the first Thursday of September when i went there lmao.
Oh, you don't have a teacher so far up your ass you haven't been able to think of anything OTHER than school for the past week? Lucky you haha

Oh, you don't have a teacher so far up your ass you haven't been able to think of anything OTHER than school for the past week? Lucky you haha
Nah man, my kids school is so laid back.

FINALLY got around to ordering some clip fans. Not interested in spending $35+ on something I'll be replacing again in six to twelve months, i found these guys

will let y'all know how they hold up. i'll be cutting all the grilles off because they're not necessary (just watch your hands/ears -- those blades will get ya). still need one more 12" to live under the canopy but that can wait till the girls are bigger.
What kind of math is this on a 2 pack... Funny shit.

Screenshot_20230906-125956.png

I had put them to 50% then increase to 75% a few minutes later they took it just fine
I say that because they are still perking after lights off.

So they must have been fine.

I finally passed out and got some sleep.

Took a trazodone.

that was NOT the math i experienced when i ordered lol there's some fuckery afoot!
I swooped a box of 6 for 25 bandit posted on the 420 deals.. some brand with a g, gliden or something? Anyhow they showed up and are exactly the same as my 2 pack of hurricanes I bought for 24ish...I mean exact, rebranded that's it...definitely made in the same facility and names just slapped on them. Under 5 a fan I had to snatch that up. Lemme see my Amazon see if I can find a link

No go, may be able to find it if you look up the "420 sale" thread...it may not be listed anymore though not sure...I use the heck outta these cheep things, gave one to my stepson for his computer desk too

I swooped a box of 6 for 25 bandit posted on the 420 deals.. some brand with a g, gliden or something? Anyhow they showed up and are exactly the same as my 2 pack of hurricanes I bought for 24ish...I mean exact, rebranded that's it...definitely made in the same facility and names just slapped on them. Under 5 a fan I had to snatch that up. Lemme see my Amazon see if I can find a link

No go, may be able to find it if you look up the "420 sale" thread...it may not be listed anymore though not sure...I use the heck outta these cheep things, gave one to my stepson for his computer desk too
hell yeah! given the fact they're a wear item for growing, it's really hard to justify spending more than you have to for them.

HAH! I found a 36" programmable oscillating tower fan with a heater built in for $10 on Amazon. Shipper conveniently "lost" the package. Amazon gave me a $30 credit for all the bitching I was doing about the fan.

HAH! I found a 36" programmable oscillating tower fan with a heater built in for $10 on Amazon. Shipper conveniently "lost" the package. Amazon gave me a $30 credit for all the bitching I was doing about the fan.
Winning

alright, i need ideas for a solution gents. i can't come up with anything not requiring my involvement in some way, and creating a visible "odd" activity. I need a way to evacuate the water from my dehumidifier. I want to avoid punching a hole in a wall, running the hose out a window or through a door. I cannot install a floor drain and have no access to the drain plumbing of the house from where the dehumidifier sits.

how would y'all deal with this?

alright, i need ideas for a solution gents. i can't come up with anything not requiring my involvement in some way, and creating a visible "odd" activity. I need a way to evacuate the water from my dehumidifier. I want to avoid punching a hole in a wall, running the hose out a window or through a door. I cannot install a floor drain and have no access to the drain plumbing of the house from where the dehumidifier sits.

Can you route it to you're drain/catch the plants use?

I pour mine into the pump that catches my ac condensation and pumps it out in the basement...they usually have multiple ports for your pvc to go into I just removed a plug covering the side not being used by the ac and pour into it...it kicks on pumps water down wash machine drain....it's a manual thing...to avoid having a hose drain into my sump pump reservoir (although it is an option but I don't have sump pump hooked up and then I'd have a hose going out the basement window)

So if your looking for continual draining little to no bother from you, my method requires emptying it every morning

Save it in a reservoir and water with it.unhook the hose and dump it manually in the shower or toilet.you can buy a inline pump and pump it to a drain,they sell them for furnaces and ac coils.

Can you route it to you're drain/catch the plants use?
i could but that just increases the load of water i have to manually move. the catch pan has a pump that goes to a bucket that i then dump outside on the rhododendrons and other plants outside. adding the dehuey water will at minimum double the times i have to dump that bucket.
I pour mine into the pump that catches my ac condensation and pumps it out in the basement...they usually have multiple ports for your pvc to go into I just removed a plug covering the side not being used by the ac and pour into it...it kicks on pumps water down wash machine drain
That's an idea, but the HVAC is in the utility room on the complete opposite wall of the garage. Plus, i have the utility room locked down like fort knox because it has my servers, networking, and home security equipment in there, so trying to avoid any other sources of water in there.
Save it in a reservoir and water with it.unhook the hose and dump it manually in the shower or toilet.you can buy a inline pump and pump it to a drain,they sell them for furnaces and ac coils.
in the same vein as @MDK but this might be a viable option. I possibly get up to the drain from the kitchen sink that's almost right above the tent, and have a sump pump lift it up there.

trying to avoid having another reservoir or container to contend with since i already have two. BUT if swap the drain bucket to a shared reservoir for the dehuey, then i could have a single sump pump send that waste somewhere else without my involvement at all. y'all are some smart cookies.

i could but that just increases the load of water i have to manually move. the catch pan has a pump that goes to a bucket that i then dump outside on the rhododendrons and other plants outside. adding the dehuey water will at minimum double the times i have to dump that bucket.

That's an idea, but the HVAC is in the utility room on the complete opposite wall of the garage. Plus, i have the utility room locked down like fort knox because it has my servers, networking, and home security equipment in there, so trying to avoid any other sources of water in there.

in the same vein as @MDK but this might be a viable option. I possibly get up to the drain from the kitchen sink that's almost right above the tent, and have a sump pump lift it up there.

trying to avoid having another reservoir or container to contend with since i already have two. BUT if swap the drain bucket to a shared reservoir for the dehuey, then i could have a single sump pump send that waste somewhere else without my involvement at all. y'all are some smart cookies.
Don't forget the check valves. they make a huge difference on sumps when shooting vertically.

Don't forget the check valves. they make a huge difference on sumps when shooting vertically.
oh, for sure. i wouldn't plum something like that without at least one. don't want the shit from the kitchen sink coming back down into the garage haha it needs to go where it's supposed to -- the septic tank

I live in the old family farm house so to say, grandpa built the house my son is the 4th generation to live here. I got an old pump room in my basement opposite end of my grow set up. Always dreamt of turning it into a grow room since I was a young pot head. It needs some TLC but check it, it's in the pump room and I got a valve that's before my softener line and brine tank with well water. It's got a dirt floor so I always wanted a living soil type grow...amend the shit out of it or dig out what's in there (prolly killer flood mud) and put some lights on the ceiling (floor joists). The HPS old school lights probably wouldn't work I only got 6.5ft of clearance....but LED makes it more appealing. Also got ventilation straight out the roof easy access. Just a dream but if I hit the lottery ever its something my wife will say "well why did you waste the money on that here? " lol

I live in the old family farm house so to say, grandpa built the house my son is the 4th generation to live here. I got an old pump room in my basement opposite end of my grow set up. Always dreamt of turning it into a grow room since I was a young pot head. It needs some TLC but check it, it's in the pump room and I got a valve that's before my softener line and brine tank with well water. It's got a dirt floor so I always wanted a living soil type grow...amend the shit out of it or dig out what's in there (prolly killer flood mud) and put some lights on the ceiling (floor joists). The HPS old school lights probably wouldn't work I only got 6.5ft of clearance....but LED makes it more appealing. Also got ventilation straight out the roof easy access. Just a dream but if I hit the lottery ever its something my wife will say "well why did you waste the money on that here? " lol
that sounds cool as hell man! long time to have a house in a family, too. pretty damn impressive. but, i can't say i wouldn't do the same damn thing if given the opportunity. why get rid of what's working still, just improve it a little? call it maximizing usage of available space.

• Love
Reactions: MDK
I keep reading all these creative posts and getting inspired I may just end up with it sooner than a lottery win along with divorce papers and alimony (joking, I hope 😂)

just gotta spin it so it's her idea and she can tell you "why didn't you do that sooner?" ;)

Playing a game of chess with a coworker in Nashville. We both have boards set up and are doing one move a day, reflecting each other's moves on our respective boards.

Not sure what her strategy is just yet, I'm just trying to take control of the center of the board early on and leave myself the option of castling if I need to.
PXL_20230907_000627848.jpg

Playing a game of chess with a coworker in Nashville. We both have boards set up and are doing one move a day, reflecting each other's moves on our respective boards.

Not sure what her strategy is just yet, I'm just trying to take control of the center of the board early on and leave myself the option of castling if I need to.
View attachment 20301
That's neat.

any of y'all audio engineers? or know anything about studio setup? have some questions that the google machine is falling on its face answering.

Drain it to the same spot as the runoff? If you get a UV going just drain it to a holding tank, then UV treat and use it for res water.

Drain it to the same spot as the runoff? If you get a UV going just drain it to a holding tank, then UV treat and use it for res water.
that would be the best option. instead of pulling water from the faucet, running it through the plants, then dumping the runoff + the dehuey water, could recycle all of that endless cycles. those UV sterilizers (at least good ones) aren't cheap though. would have to rework where I have my "power" center too so I could do that. not a terrible problem to have and likely the best solution.

Back
Top Bottom