True Confessions of an American Outlaw

I'm afraid to ask but....go ahead.... ๐Ÿ˜„
Here's a hint...It has nothing to do with sharks๐Ÿฆˆ

Still wondering? The reaction from cannabis when hi quality microherds are introduced thru the roots.
So to answer your previous question, absolutely they pull most of the needed moisture from the roots in low RH. If those roots are inoculated, the uptake is like being super charged so when you see uber potent ganja being grown in places like Colorado and Nevada desert, that thin air and low RH is helping to increase potency. If they're using quality herds, the plants go white. That's where GW got it's name.
You can take that same strain and method of grow and grow it in a place like Miami and NOLA and you won't see it get as frosty as the Colorado grown especially when it comes to indicas. 60% would give me alarm. But get it to 50 or below, my preference is mid to low 40s, and you'll see the plant oil up to impressive levels. Two things I'll never do to my plants in flower because of this...use a humidifier or use a foliar spray.

I'm not sure why growers would treat indica and sativa roots different.
Roots are always 100% my attention from the very beginning no matter the plant. So if it's indica, sativa, or cucumbers for that matter I'm always about the roots from vertical germination to air pruning pots to room to roam for fruiting. When roots are well cared for, everything up top and green comes ez and healthy unless it's an extreme environmental event like freeze or heat burn/wilt. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Here's a hint...It has nothing to do with sharks๐Ÿฆˆ

Still wondering? The reaction from cannabis when hi quality microherds are introduced thru the roots.
So to answer your previous question, absolutely they pull most of the needed moisture from the roots in low RH. If those roots are inoculated, the uptake is like being super charged so when you see uber potent ganja being grown in places like Colorado and Nevada desert, that thin air and low RH is helping to increase potency. If they're using quality herds, the plants go white. That's where GW got it's name.
You can take that same strain and method of grow and grow it in a place like Miami and NOLA and you won't see it get as frosty as the Colorado grown especially when it comes to indicas. 60% would give me alarm. But get it to 50 or below, my preference is mid to low 40s, and you'll see the plant oil up to impressive levels. Two things I'll never do to my plants in flower because of this...use a humidifier or use a foliar spray.

I'm not sure why growers would treat indica and sativa roots different.
Roots are always 100% my attention from the very beginning no matter the plant. So if it's indica, sativa, or cucumbers for that matter I'm always about the roots from vertical germination to air pruning pots to room to roam for fruiting. When roots are well cared for, everything up top and green comes ez and healthy unless it's an extreme environmental event like freeze or heat burn/wilt. ๐Ÿ˜Š
As far as roots, my thinking is sativa roots, genetically, would be predisposed to not being as high a priority for the plant genetics if it's growing in a high humidity environment whereas indica gets much less foliar intake due to low RH conditions. It would lead me to believe that over the years natural selection would breed out those indica plants that haven't evolved with a hardier root system.

Sure, we can help by introducing root enhancers but my question is more genetic than what happens at our hands.

Rez change, light height adjustment, feeding, and topping on a Monday

IMG_5362.JPG

IMG_5363.JPG

The hydro gumbo is gonna need to be topped off this week and I've added the last ingredient today, microherds. I do not believe there's any molasses in this pot other than trace amounts tied to the crab and lobster so hopefully there is not enough in there and it starts to foam too much if at all.๐Ÿคž

And I'm a matter of days away from trying the gumbo in soil. IDK if I mentioned it or not already but I'm looking to formulate a solution with little to no salt, be semi organic, and be applicable to both soil and hydro plants of the same age at the same PPM and pH so it can be used on both without remixing or changing anything.๐Ÿง

Also fascinating to see the color change between the fresh gumbo and the used up gumbo.

IMG_5360.JPG
IMG_5361.JPG

I've brought the light back into balance and raised it about 10". I think it's sweet spot is around 25"-30" above canopy. Also thinking of going to 16 on, 8 off.

IMG_5365.JPG

More roots on Project 421 dropping into the bath and my fancy 3D printed XXL netcup done in crystal is all stained up and not looking so fancy anymore

IMG_5368.JPG

Hey Summer! Fuck off and go home dude. You're drunk!โ˜€๏ธ๐ŸŒ‡๐Ÿ”ฅ

IMG_5366.JPG

Last edited:
Rez change, light height adjustment, feeding, and topping on a Monday

View attachment 18324

View attachment 18325

The hydro gumbo is gonna need to be topped off this week and I've added the last ingredient today, microherds. I do not believe there's any molasses in this pot other than trace amounts tied to the crab and lobster so hopefully there is not enough in there and it starts to foam too much if at all.๐Ÿคž

And I'm a matter of days away from trying the gumbo in soil. IDK if I mentioned it or not already but I'm looking to formulate a solution with little to no salt, be semi organic, and be applicable to both soil and hydro plants of the same age at the same PPM and pH so it can be used on both without remixing or changing anything.๐Ÿง

Also fascinating to see the color change between the fresh gumbo and the used up gumbo.

View attachment 18322
View attachment 18323

I've brought the light back into balance and raised it about 10". I think it's sweet spot is around 25"-30" above canopy. Also thinking of going to 16 on, 8 off.

View attachment 18326

More roots on Project 421 dropping into the bath and my fancy 3D printed XXL netcup done in crystal is all stained up and not looking so fancy anymore

View attachment 18328

Hey Summer! Fuck off and go home dude. You're drunk!โ˜€๏ธ๐ŸŒ‡๐Ÿ”ฅ

View attachment 18327
Is that high temp because of the Sun?? I've heard tell stories about what it can do on temperatures. I saw a small patch of a bright something between the clouds in between rain storms yesterday is that the object we call the Sun? ....My memory is pretty short....I think I can remember it but its been so long now I've lost confidants in my recollections ....

How many total feet of grow space are you running?

Expandable starting at 2'x2', 4'x4' and 4'x10' w/ 7' head room

Is that high temp because of the Sun?? I've heard tell stories about what it can do on temperatures. I saw a small patch of a bright something between the clouds in between rain storms yesterday is that the object we call the Sun? ....My memory is pretty short....I think I can remember it but its been so long now I've lost confidants in my recollections ....

Sun...Death Star...tomato...tomotto

giphy.gif

See that little flying spec shoosting off in the upper right corner? That's my grow room๐Ÿซ 

Kinda chilly in the room today! Cloud cover and a spot of rain has it only 90 today!

IMG_0445.JPG

ACI readings are little more friendly to the cause. Temps have never been below 83 at any time this week and max temp hit 96.
If this was a cardiogram on my g/room, the doctor would say it needs to take high blood pressure meds ๐Ÿฅด

Kinda chilly in the room today! Cloud cover and a spot of rain has it only 90 today!

View attachment 18451

ACI readings are little more friendly to the cause. Temps have never been below 83 at any time this week and max temp hit 96.
If this was a cardiogram on my g/room, the doctor would say it needs to take high blood pressure meds ๐Ÿฅด
It's amazing you get the results you do with environment battling you the whole way.

You have a beautifully poetic way with words. I always get a kick out of your musings.
That's awesome Grump and makes me happy! I keep it very loose and glad you enjoy it ๐Ÿค˜
It's amazing you get the results you do with environment battling you the whole way.

Sometimes I surprise myself too!
I was thinking about doing the VPD calibration and all that too but fuck it. I don't think I need another aggregate to tell me it's too dang hot. ๐Ÿฅด

damn dude that heat would kill me! even if i turned off my exhaust fan my cabinet wouldn't get that hot.
your weather has to break eventually, i can't wait to see the growth rate when it does!

so i just noticed that the race was a night race.. i got extra excited then i just saw i have, well we both have ass stain picked in the pool!!!!!

๐Ÿ

Msan IDK when this weather will break. I doubt any time soon. The 10 minute thunderstorm a few days ago broke the streak of 45 days over 100. Temp on my truck dash was 129 the other day!!! Just brutal. Maybe by mid September we get back in the 80s. But when Y'all are nuts deep in snow this Winter I'll be in shorts and flip flops!! Always a yin and yang to everything.

Speaking of Assstain....My signed Hail Mellon car came in last week!

IMG_0447.JPG

And I'm in the home stretch of my diecast garage! Ordered custom cut mirrors for the walls and will print a floor with the NASCAR logo embedded in it. Lights are here and everything is good to go, just printing out beams and support and each part take a day or so to complete so I'm hopintg by this time next week it's done then I can start the mini helmet case that will sit on top of it

wait since when is nutz deep in snow a bad thing??? ya can't play in the white stuff without snow!!! it's the only time my old truck can still do donuts brother!!!! hahaha

man that car is freakin badass!!! looks like they did a great job on it! can't wait to see your garage man!! lights and mirrors?!?! i thought it was a garage not a strip club!! now we know what the stripper pole were really for!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

those helmets are really cool man... i honestly thought they were the real deal at $600+ when you first posted a pic of them. incredible detail!!!

my race flag got torn up last week and since i've had it for three seasons now and it's all faded.. i hung a new freak flag today!!! ... it's nice quality, even double sided.

DSCN0986.JPG

might even bring some good luck this saturday!!!

wait since when is nutz deep in snow a bad thing??? ya can't play in the white stuff without snow!!! it's the only time my old truck can still do donuts brother!!!! hahaha

man that car is freakin badass!!! looks like they did a great job on it! can't wait to see your garage man!! lights and mirrors?!?! i thought it was a garage not a strip club!! now we know what the stripper pole were really for!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

those helmets are really cool man... i honestly thought they were the real deal at $600+ when you first posted a pic of them. incredible detail!!!

my race flag got torn up last week and since i've had it for three seasons now and it's all faded.. i hung a new freak flag today!!! ... it's nice quality, even double sided.

View attachment 18702

might even bring some good luck this saturday!!!

Yeah the plan has changed multiple times as far as how big and how it would look in the end. So yeah...disco strip club for wrecked race cars sounds about right. Did I mention the lights sync up with music too ๐Ÿ˜‹

The helmet collection is unexpectedly growing so I'm glad I didn't build the case for it yet because that collection grew by one last week๐Ÿฅด

IMG_0452.JPG

My freak flag is holding up well so far. Doesn't look it but it has faded a bit. Neighbors don't know WTF to think ๐Ÿคฃ

IMG_0455.JPG

And I had to do it....Hendricks came out with a cool floral hat for Daytona today so I ordered one and also went ahead and dropped the preorder on this pair๐Ÿค˜

papaya.png

Blue, White, & Papaya FTW!!!! And in Liquid Color!!! Go #17, Go #5!!!!๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ

Man yesterday things came to a head in the Ol' Hideout.
Broke 100 and saw some wilt that looked like classic burn from a heater too close in Winter. FnA.๐ŸŒ‡

So I've adjusted the clock on the lights and rolled it back 5 hours to avoid lights on during the hottest part of the day. Also reduced on time to 16 hours and 20 minutes with an extended sunrise/sunset to 15 minutes.

Also put an ACI UIS plug on a timer to run from midnight to 9am and that UIS is set with a 85-90 temp range with the air conditioner is plugged in to it. Not looking to really cool the room..I found these plants tolerance point so this is just to make sure they don't cross that line again. Also running it during those hours is when the home AC is off so there's no tacking on to the already high power bill.
I think it's worked but I wont know until later when I can visit them. The time change really fucked up the windows which I get to attend to them

Last edited:
pole sitter baby!!!!! he's such a cool dude... i bet he smokes!!! and man is their little boy adorable!!! i love when they have the families there and in the action... reminds me so much of growing up in my uncle's garage sitting in his race car pretending i was driving... haha not a whole lot has changed, i'm still a dreamer... only now i don't need a stack of phone books to see over the dash!!! :D

i not sure exactly how the lineup will fall but i hope larson lines up a couple rows behind brisky and pushes him right to the front by the first corner... i'm definitely listing to briscoes radio scanner in the beginning!! gonna be a busy night. raiders play the cowboys too!!!

and yeah i preordered a set of those diecasts too... but why orange?!?!?! i like mcclarren a lot so i guess i'll embrace the color!! i got a year for it to warm up to me!! hehe

sending some cool vibes...

go 14!!!

pole sitter baby!!!!! he's such a cool dude... i bet he smokes!!! and man is their little boy adorable!!! i love when they have the families there and in the action... reminds me so much of growing up in my uncle's garage sitting in his race car pretending i was driving... haha not a whole lot has changed, i'm still a dreamer... only now i don't need a stack of phone books to see over the dash!!! :D

i not sure exactly how the lineup will fall but i hope larson lines up a couple rows behind brisky and pushes him right to the front by the first corner... i'm definitely listing to briscoes radio scanner in the beginning!! gonna be a busy night. raiders play the cowboys too!!!

and yeah i preordered a set of those diecasts too... but why orange?!?!?! i like mcclarren a lot so i guess i'll embrace the color!! i got a year for it to warm up to me!! hehe

go 14!!!
I just watched qual and it was really interesting to me. It looked like the top 5 or 10 cars were crabbing pretty good. I am not sure if that is something they can adjust between qual and the race under the impound rules but Jr and a couple of the other drivers where commenting that is going to cause some problems once they start pushing each other down the straights. They appeared to be substantially faster than the cars set up with the car set up to look straight running down the straights. Looks like they are more worried about track position than the pushing problem. Should make tonight even more interesting.

Say I remembered something I know Bandit will not know about that I wanted to share with you two. I know both of you really do not like KB but do you Know who first hired him to run the Nascar Series? It was Hendrick but that is not really what I wanted to mention. Hendrick was doing track runs with the drivers they were interested in hiring. They purposely set the car up wrong. So they are running thru the drivers and KB takes the car into turn one and two shuts the car off rolls the car into the pits. Gets out of the car and tells them the car is F'D up and needs to be fixed before he drives it again. He got the job because they had set the car up wrong and wanted a driver that knew something was wrong. But they had no idea how many cars that guy would go thru that year.

I just watched qual and it was really interesting to me. It looked like the top 5 or 10 cars were crabbing pretty good. I am not sure if that is something they can adjust between qual and the race under the impound rules but Jr and a couple of the other drivers where commenting that is going to cause some problems once they start pushing each other down the straights. They appeared to be substantially faster than the cars set up with the car set up to look straight running down the straights. Looks like they are more worried about track position than the pushing problem. Should make tonight even more interesting.

Say I remembered something I know Bandit will not know about that I wanted to share with you two. I know both of you really do not like KB but do you Know who first hired him to run the Nascar Series? It was Hendrick but that is not really what I wanted to mention. Hendrick was doing track runs with the drivers they were interested in hiring. They purposely set the car up wrong. So they are running thru the drivers and KB takes the car into turn one and two shuts the car off rolls the car into the pits. Gets out of the car and tells them the car is F'D up and needs to be fixed before he drives it again. He got the job because they had set the car up wrong and wanted a driver that knew something was wrong. But they had no idea how many cars that guy would go thru that year.
Kyle Busch....
Great driver and is kinda like the NY Yankees. People either love or hate them.

Also has the most punchable face in sport ๐Ÿ˜‹

go 14!!!

I didn't know about the pole until I read this today!!
I got home late last night and watched ther NXS on dvr and didn't go online at all so I wouldn't spoil who won.
On the pole and how about the 21 sitting 2nd row!!!! I don't even care about the pool tonight...Please Baby Jesus give me the 14 or 21 in victory lane tonight!!!
I can feel it...It's gonna be the Ponies leading the way tonight and Bubba's gonna get bounced! That fucker better not wreck one of my boys either unless he wants a strongly worded email from me in the morning hahahaha!!!
Brisky just has this moxy man. Cool guy and never comes off as stuck up or entitled. Hard worker and I gravitate toward that. If he wasn't a race car driver he's the kinda guy you'd want to be your QB. My life being football I'm always drawing from that and comparing the hardest workers in each sport and he has that QB like mindset.
Good to see that team finding it too. Gotta keep the momentum going then be a force to be reckoned with in '24

I know what you mean about the papaya but I'm already warmed up to it. I like it on that 5 more than the 17 though. One thing is it does look like a fast color. Those cars just sitting there look like they're doing 90!

I gotta go to work then I'll catch the race on dvr so I gotta unplug for the evening. Cant wait to get back home and watch this thing!!!

... remember what it's like to get punched in the face?!?!

kylebusch.jpg

ah man, i'm sorry i hope i didn't ruin it for ya... i even waited till late i thought for sure you saw it!!

he was fast man, going into turn three he picked up some killer speed in the second round!! he's gonna be strong in clean air!!!

i hope work blows right be for ya man!!!

Hit a small local cruise in today let me know next time ur comin bandit - yellow car is my parents , mine some day

Attachments

• IMG_7461.jpeg
    IMG_7461.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7460.jpeg
    IMG_7460.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7464.jpeg
    IMG_7464.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
... remember what it's like to get punched in the face?!?!

View attachment 18928

ah man, i'm sorry i hope i didn't ruin it for ya... i even waited till late i thought for sure you saw it!!

he was fast man, going into turn three he picked up some killer speed in the second round!! he's gonna be strong in clean air!!!

i hope work blows right be for ya man!!!
Nah it's all good!
I rarely watch qualifying and usually check the line up the morning of the race. Plus the NXS race was incredible so I was still riding high off watching that the next day.
Well last night was fun until the end. But at least there's this pic to put a smile on my face

hzmsgoge_400x400.jpg

Hit a small local cruise in today let me know next time ur comin bandit - yellow car is my parents , mine some day

That's baddass Mosh! You're parents have a sweet sled!!!

I was watching S&TB a few nights ago and thinking what kinda car would they use today in a remake now that Pontiac is no longer around. Dodge Charger Hellcat topped my list ๐Ÿ˜‹

Taking control of this bullshit because it's getting old

IMG_0456.JPG

Before stablizing...96 for the high, 84 for the low

IMG_0458.JPG

After...90 for the high, 84 for the low and holding an average of 85

IMG_0459.JPG

What hasn't killed them only makes them...well it just hasn't killed them but dang everyday has been a fight for survival.
And WTF is with the DWC liking heat? Shouldn't this be the other way around with soil taking it well and the 'dro having a fit?
Other weird shit...The 55g waterboy is 10 degrees warmer than the 3 gallons of gumbo. Does a UV sterlizer actually heat water too?

IMG_5385.JPG

View attachment IMG_5386.MOV

Most potent drinkable I've ever had๐Ÿฅด

IMG_5359.JPG

And today I punched my ticket to the playoffs๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ

tms.png

Go #5 ๐ŸGo #24 ๐ŸGo #45 ๐ŸGo #19๐Ÿ Go #20๐Ÿ Go# 12 ๐Ÿ Go #14 ๐Ÿand Go #21๐Ÿ

The rest can fuck off ๐Ÿ˜‹

Last edited:
Believe it that UV adds heat.
Properly functioning it is a high powered light bulb place in the middle of water.
The heat has to go somewhere.
Jealous you will be wearing sandals when I am in multiple layers of clothing but not wishing that heat on anyone's plants.
I am having humidity issues IMO so feel your pain.
Ir's going to take money, a whole lot of spending money. It will take plenty of money. To do it right child. :ROFLMAO:

Believe it that UV adds heat.
Properly functioning it is a high powered light bulb place in the middle of water.
The heat has to go somewhere.
Jealous you will be wearing sandals when I am in multiple layers of clothing but not wishing that heat on anyone's plants.
I am having humidity issues IMO so feel your pain.
Ir's going to take money, a whole lot of spending money. It will take plenty of money. To do it right child. :ROFLMAO:
RH too high or too low?
Personally for me when it's been too high, an over powered exhaust works better than a dehumidifier.
Like I think the Hydrofarm room calculator would give me an exchange in 5 minutes at like 300 something CFM with just a 6" inline for minimal effect.
I rock a 4" and 8" inline with a combined 800+ CFM and it will take 70% RH down to mid fifties in minutes. A complete air exchange in mere seconds and not minutes. So that's how I've always handled RH.

Too low, IDK. I have almost 60 gallons of water bubbling away in my room and it still can't add a single point of RH. Low RH has never been a problem that needed to be fixed, I'ver kinda ignored it in recent years but my plants do take up a ton of water.

Yeah man it's just really surprising because it's just a 25 watt lamp in that tube and I'd think the airpump for the gumbo and DWC rez would heat them up but they both stay below 80 while the 55g barrel is like bath water.

Another thing I don't understand is why the 'dro has self topped and is all about side branching but my soil girls can't even be sweet talked, bribed, threatened, coerced, lied too, or manipulated in some way to branch out. I even cut their heads off and nothing.๐Ÿฅด

In any case, the clones will come off that droskie plant so I've got news for that little lady and all her ambition.:cool:

Maybe the worm is turning today. Along with the temp drop I also raised the light about 12" and am seeing a positive response by the whole crowd as the lights come on for the night.
I think this light is a bigger monster than what my PAR meter has led me to believe. Combined with the heat, too low and this fucker will stress some plants

I'm not seeing any new messed up stress growth and some leaves that were stressed are back to normal. At least for today ๐Ÿคž

IMG_5387.JPG

IMG_5388.JPG

Yea my RH is high and this a.m it was 65f outside at 84%RH so the exhaust fan that is running just ain't cutting it.
It only passively draws in air form outdoors which seems consistently worse.
Hate to have add heat to the room but I am not fucking around with excess humidity and the effects.
I have not had to water more than once every 5-7 days yet since the plants went to the room.
Humidity has been out of control here all year.
My heart goes out to my brother outdoor NY growers.

Back
Top Bottom