True Confessions of an American Outlaw

so has things calmed down in the city or kids still partying all the way through till the next game?

the hammer looked awesome man, almost too good to make tacos with!!! see we can't have street tacos, we had dirt road ones... :D

DSCN1061.JPG

plants look great man, is it any cooler at all?

is the big giant one the project 421? looks like monster and even after you took cuttings!!!

cuttings look healthy too... any little white nubbins yet?

so when ya gonna print out a new VG? you gotta try put those latches man!! i noticed you had a little crossover in tails and i did too once so i went and made the wavy piece a little deeper and pronounced a little more so that should help out with the crossover. i just changed that tonight and printed a test out and i like it man. i've been printing one out for Zen seeker and he really wanted a signature or watermark on it and i wasn't sure what to put so i chose this...

DSCN1085.JPG

i hope you're cool with that man. i know you wouldn't want your whole name and it certainly isn't my idea or design so i wasn't stealing it.

it's the latest layer on there so we can take it off if ya don't like it. kinda looks like it's dripping resin though!!!!

and man i didn't realize you only took out one 550.... man no wonder it's so hot in there!!!! i think i figured it out... you're trying to prove that you can grow plants on planet venus!!!! hahaha and from what i see, i think ya can!!!!!

stay in shade bro!!!! 🤘

so has things calmed down in the city or kids still partying all the way through till the next game?

the hammer looked awesome man, almost too good to make tacos with!!! see we can't have street tacos, we had dirt road ones... :D

View attachment 21192

is the big giant one the project 421? looks like monster and even after you took cuttings!!!

so when ya gonna print out a new VG? you gotta try put those latches man!! i noticed you had a little crossover in tails and i did too once so i went and made the wavy piece a little deeper and pronounced a little more so that should help out with the crossover. i just changed that tonight and printed a test out and i like it man. i've been printing one out for Zen seeker and he really wanted a signature or watermark on it and i wasn't sure what to put so i chose this...

View attachment 21191

i hope you're cool with that man. i know you wouldn't want your whole name and it certainly isn't my idea or design so i wasn't stealing it.

it's the latest layer on there so we can take it off if ya don't like it. kinda looks like it's dripping resin though!!!!

and man i didn't realize you only took out one 550.... man no wonder it's so hot in there!!!! i think i figured it out... you're trying to prove that you can grow plants on planet venus!!!! hahaha and from what i see, i think ya can!!!!!

stay in shade bro!!!! 🤘

Oowh, spoiler peek. 🤣👍

Hey, I just received a gift pack with one of your vertical seed germination tools in it. Do you have a how to use post somewhere?........Thank you for that by the way it looks like a cool way to start seedlings.

Post some pics PC. I’ll be trying one soon too. I’m hoping it improves my veggies seed success too.

Post some pics PC. I’ll be trying one soon too. I’m hoping it improves my veggies seed success too.
Just waiting for the Storm coming at us to pass then I can start a new batch. It looks like it may veer towards Maine but we're still in its wind & rain zone. We're not built up here to any sort of wind standards 2x4's and nails don't do well in 100mph winds.

Our power company does very little in the way of tree clearing around power lines so when the wind blows trees / branches come down and put us out of power. Its not off long 12/ 24/36 hrs but a pain being so regular when there's any wind at all.

Seeing as they're laying partial blame on the Lahaina fires on downed electric poles and lines we can be sure they'll cut power to us just in case. our soggy trees and ground catch on fire .....can't be too safe you know

So THAT'S where he's from... 👽

that explains it!!

Oowh, spoiler peek. 🤣👍

oops....

Just waiting for the Storm coming at us to pass then I can start a new batch. It looks like it may veer towards Maine but we're still in its wind & rain zone. We're not built up here to any sort of wind standards 2x4's and nails don't do well in 100mph winds.

Our power company does very little in the way of tree clearing around power lines so when the wind blows trees / branches come down and put us out of power. Its not off long 12/ 24/36 hrs but a pain being so regular when there's any wind at all.

Seeing as they're laying partial blame on the Lahaina fires on downed electric poles and lines we can be sure they'll cut power to us just in case. our soggy trees and ground catch on fire .....can't be too safe you know

I feel for ya man, we have at least a dozen outages every year. i know what it's like.

Hope it’s not bad. My sons out visiting his sisters family in Quebec. She’s north of you between fire and storm.

Side note I designed and built prototype for the what we called “personal table “ the folding plastic tv tray you got that bucket of plants sitting on ! Nice to see the same design in use ! Lol started making those about 15 years ago -

On a real note ! Garden looks great ! Nice and lush

Right on Mosh! I love my little table!!!
My table, chair and step ladder for my grow room are all foldable and it helps so much with space and storage. Here's the table I'm using...I got the 26". Nice and sturdy and priced right!

View attachment 21192

View attachment 21191

stay in shade bro!!!! 🤘

It was just crazy for about 48 hours after man.

I do need to print a new VG with the nubs. Just got so busy and popping the TXB was a last minute idea so I went with my silk print and it's about done and worn out. I have to tape it closed now since it's been worn and fits all loose now.

I do have some action in the cloner!

IMG_0469.JPG

Looks like the lowest branch cuts are popping already but the upper plant cuts are not showing anything yet.

Some frustrations with this grow continue.
Yeah P421 is the big plant. So I know this light can grow plants because of that plant and the clones love that thing. So why are the soil plants having such a hard time is what I keep asking myself. This is not normal at all and one of my worst starts in soil in a very long time.
The soil plants have basically stalled out like a brisket at 155. For 7 weeks old they should be monsters two weeks into flower by now.

Now, after a process of elimination, it has to be the water or the soil. I'm leaning toward the soil but still went ahead and ordered new filters for my water system.
There were some red flags to this bag of Root Greenfields I used but I ignored them. Mainly large clumps of compost and coco that made me think the soil wasn't mixed thoroughly. I broke them up and continued. Never seen it like this and I've been using this soil for years without issue.
I opened an older bag of the same soil and there's a noticeable difference in the composition.
So I go on GGMi and notice some deals on Roots are all gone and some products are out of stock and looking like they will not be restocked. And across the web I start seeing clearance deals on Roots soil.
I wonder has Root gone under? Dig a little deeper and I find this

roots.png

A brand I have trusted for years is all of a sudden untrustworthy for me and my head is spinning from it. A buy out is fine but to me it looks like the formula or quality of ingredients has changed and my plants are hating it.

So what's my solution? Throw money at the problem of course🤪

dirt.png

I have 8 bags of Roots Lush left to use up and after that, it's CoM start to finish. I know the Lush I have is good because I've used bags from that lot with no issue and I bought it before the buyout. Good thing is I'll be able to check with you and steamroller since we'll all be using the same dirt now.
I seriously doubt I'll buy another bag of Roots again after this fiasco.
I'll be using Harbor Blend for starts and veg then Stonington for flower. Also gonna give NH's 'mater & veggie food a try.
$443 is a lot to spend on soil for the next 3-4 grows but CoM is hard to find here. It's a two hour drive round trip and those bags are $50 each so as hard as it is to believe, this is a great deal!

So now I've had to relearn how to use a grow light.
Fought an epic battle against insane heat.
And now, wonky dirt. FFS! 😵

So THAT'S where he's from... 👽

Yep! Landed just outside of Roswell back in '47 👽

Right on Mosh! I love my little table!!!
My table, chair and step ladder for my grow room are all foldable and it helps so much with space and storage. Here's the table I'm using...I got the 26". Nice and sturdy and priced right!

It was just crazy for about 48 hours after man.

I do need to print a new VG with the nubs. Just got so busy and popping the TXB was a last minute idea so I went with my silk print and it's about done and worn out. I have to tape it closed now since it's been worn and fits all loose now.

I do have some action in the cloner!

View attachment 21333

Looks like the lowest branch cuts are popping already but the upper plant cuts are not showing anything yet.

Some frustrations with this grow continue.
Yeah P421 is the big plant. So I know this light can grow plants because of that plant and the clones love that thing. So why are the soil plants having such a hard time is what I keep asking myself. This is not normal at all and one of my worst starts in soil in a very long time.
The soil plants have basically stalled out like a brisket at 155. For 7 weeks old they should be monsters two weeks into flower by now.

Now, after a process of elimination, it has to be the water or the soil. I'm leaning toward the soil but still went ahead and ordered new filters for my water system.
There were some red flags to this bag of Root Greenfields I used but I ignored them. Mainly large clumps of compost and coco that made me think the soil wasn't mixed thoroughly. I broke them up and continued. Never seen it like this and I've been using this soil for years without issue.
I opened an older bag of the same soil and there's a noticeable difference in the composition.
So I go on GGMi and notice some deals on Roots are all gone and some products are out of stock and looking like they will not be restocked. And across the web I start seeing clearance deals on Roots soil.
I wonder has Root gone under? Dig a little deeper and I find this

View attachment 21335

A brand I have trusted for years is all of a sudden untrustworthy for me and my head is spinning from it. A buy out is fine but to me it looks like the formula or quality of ingredients has changed and my plants are hating it.

So what's my solution? Throw money at the problem of course🤪

View attachment 21336

I have 8 bags of Roots Lush left to use up and after that, it's CoM start to finish. I know the Lush I have is good because I've used bags from that lot with no issue and I bought it before the buyout. Good thing is I'll be able to check with you and steamroller since we'll all be using the same dirt now.
I seriously doubt I'll buy another bag of Roots again after this fiasco.
I'll be using Harbor Blend for starts and veg then Stonington for flower. Also gonna give NH's 'mater & veggie food a try.
$443 is a lot to spend on soil for the next 3-4 grows but CoM is hard to find here. It's a two hour drive round trip and those bags are $50 each so as hard as it is to believe, this is a great deal!

So now I've had to relearn how to use a grow light.
Fought an epic battle against insane heat.
And now, wonky dirt. FFS! 😵

Yep! Landed just outside of Roswell back in '47 👽

back in '47?!?!? damn bro we ain't got batteries that old for your spaceship!!! haha

man i gotta say your post started out great, school pride taking over the city... roots!!!!!..

then comes the bad... dam bro, that's messed up. i was even looking forward to buying that soil and trying it. this reminds me of directv with at&t buying them, they ruined a good company.

just before you told me about GGMi i ordered a small bag of COM seed starter blend and i gotta say it's some of the nicest looking soil that i've had in long time. i dug some of the old COM soil out of my aipots and loaded the new seed starter on top and put my new seedlings in.

so not that i wanna race or anything but it's kinda cool we have seedlings around the same age... i just want to be able to stay on the lead lap!!!

bristol night race baby!!!!!!!! hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can't wait man, i'm only rooting for one driver all night and C-Bell in the 20!!! gonna hate on the 1 & 3 for sure!!!!!!!!! i just wanna see an exciting race!!!!

i saw SVG signed with trackhouse next year! that's gotta eat up chip ganassi, they took his team and made it ten times more successful with the same drivers and crew he hired!

🏁

Stonington is great soil.
My plants have grown slow IMO but the soil combo I made may just be a keeper~!
I have been cautious, and the plants did not need much attention, but I like what has been happening.
Things are shifting gears now second week in flower. (y)

back in '47?!?!? damn bro we ain't got batteries that old for your spaceship!!! haha

man i gotta say your post started out great, school pride taking over the city... roots!!!!!..

then comes the bad... dam bro, that's messed up. i was even looking forward to buying that soil and trying it. this reminds me of directv with at&t buying them, they ruined a good company.

just before you told me about GGMi i ordered a small bag of COM seed starter blend and i gotta say it's some of the nicest looking soil that i've had in long time. i dug some of the old COM soil out of my aipots and loaded the new seed starter on top and put my new seedlings in.

so not that i wanna race or anything but it's kinda cool we have seedlings around the same age... i just want to be able to stay on the lead lap!!!

bristol night race baby!!!!!!!! hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can't wait man, i'm only rooting for one driver all night and C-Bell in the 20!!! gonna hate on the 1 & 3 for sure!!!!!!!!! i just wanna see an exciting race!!!!

i saw SVG signed with trackhouse next year! that's gotta eat up chip ganassi, they took his team and made it ten times more successful with the same drivers and crew he hired!

🏁

I gave a lot of consideration to the starter mix but opted for the Harbor Blend. If it's too hot I'll order some starter mix to cut it a bit.
There's a lot more on the CoM website than what GGMi offers too. And if it's sold out on the website it might be available on Amazon.

My main source of dry nutes I add at upcan into flower also comes from Aurora (Roots) with the Uprising blends. I have about 8lb left of old stock so I'll be looking at new options there as well starting with CoM and Neptune. I may also abandon dry nutes and go 100% liquid. We'll see.

The Bumper Crop line out of CoM has some possibilities. I see they also have Stoningnton mix so that might be something to use in revitalizing used up Stonington. I think there's 2-3 other options I like too
And you see this yet?

Fucking liquid squid!!! So there's squid, sea urchin, crab, lobster, shrimp, seaweed, kelp, & fish now. Ocean Grown just keeps getting sexier by the minute! And stinkier!!

I saw that veg stuff you got and may take a look at that too. IDK if you know it or not but I don't use veg nute formulas. Always bloom. Even with the hydro project, no veg or grow, only bloom. I may tweek that a little but not sure. I've been going no veg nutes for years and know that's not my issue today but I'm gonna keep turning over stones.

Ya know..right now I'm feeling like a one legged man in an ass kicking contest but I'll race ya!!! Got 4 TXB up and may start more. All these wonky fuck plants might go outside in an earthbox for an outdoor Fall bloom. But I also have a lot of haze clones coming on too.

Trackhouse aint no joke Man! They are a force today!! If I was that owner I might be tempted to let the Suarez contract expire and bring on SVG full time. Maybe that's the end game IDK but the 99 is damn near dead weight and whines way too much for me. SVG is just all baddass.

Stonington is great soil.
My plants have grown slow IMO but the soil combo I made may just be a keeper~!
I have been cautious, and the plants did not need much attention, but I like what has been happening.
Things are shifting gears now second week in flower. (y)

This is more than just slow growth. Growth pattern is so ill I haven't been able to mainline prune and when topped, they throw a fit and stall out. I've never seen this before and really have no desire to fix it other than move on and forget it.
A bad soil makes a world of difference in success and right now all signs are pointing to my soil being an asshole about growing good plants.

Here's some 7 week old comparisons from last grow to now

How they should be looking after a speedy veg, topped and mainlined. These plants at this time had almost half their growth cut away for mainlining. Left unchecked they woulda been bushes

comp 1.JPG

What they look like today. Only topped and growth so fucked there's nothing to mainline. And if I did mianline what's there I'd end up with a lot full of Charlie Brown Xmas trees

IMG_5474.JPG

And here's the hydro. Multiple cuts and toppings and is more in line with how every plant should be looking today and it compares well to the earlier grow this year.
So this is not a light issue or heat or anything other that something ill in the roots. That leaves water or soil. Water is working great for the hydro so that leaves one thing being the issue. The soil

IMG_5475.JPG

I have a ton of confidence in CoM. I had 4 plants in Stonington vs 4 plants in Lush and it was as close as it gets in performance so yep Stonington is a legit super soil

Last edited:
Dunk flush appears to be working...They're at least growing again and starting to give me something I can work with

IMG_5483.JPG

New starts doing well

IMG_5484.JPG

Cloning just makes me giggle.

IMG_5488.JPGIMG_5489.JPG

10 days into it and all but two slips are showing some root growth.
It's just funny to me that this works so well with so little. No dedicated light for them. The machine is simply on the floor adjacent to the main grow space. No dome or misting. No gels or cloning nutes. In fact the K4L powder mix has no business being effective at over 5 years old but if it wants to work I'm cool with that.
Warm bath water like temps in the rez and I have no clue what the pH number might be.
Yet I get roots. 🥳

IMG_5490.JPG

Project 421 got a new bucket. It's translucent so I can see how much the water drops

IMG_5486.JPG

Last edited:
looking good!!! man that 421 is off the rails!!!! and you know i love a good dunking!!! you can see they perked up a bit after that. you'll be overloaded with to many in no time!! hehe

man you sure know how to trip my marketing trigger... now i just need some octo snot and i'll have it all!!!! :ROFLMAO:
DSCN1114.JPG

but get this you'll love it.. the stuff come from maine but the bottle comes from...

DSCN1119.JPG

bet they got good brisket in schulenburg!!! haha

that's awesome your getting clones to take!!! i've never had luck with the K4less stuff, maybe i didn't let it sit around long enough. i should try again next year!!

i saw K4Less has a big sale going on this week..

i hope ya have an ez peezy week before you lose your voice over the weekend hootin and hollarin!! 🏁🤘

<-------Starts to google octo-snot plant food options😋🐙

Ya know what...Since my Waterboy wants to be bath water warm...Maybe I oughta drop this in the tank for a little shark tooth bone broth🦈

IMG_5495.JPG

That squid stuff has me laughing at that find man...Ink sacks and what not in there...And you see it can be used in hydro? Yeah just like the liquid crab some of that went into P421. I might as well have that plant soaking in a Fisherman's Stew bath.

Everything got turned back to organic last night with a dunk of Great White, liquid crab, and the squid. All I see is happy this morning as they get ready to sleep thru the day.

On top of all the fun of racing and football this week all my supplies will be here Wednesday & Thursday.
I also have a bunch of 5 gallon pots and other stuff coming in.
I doubt many of these will get the 7 gallon pots so I want 5s as an option. There will also be at least one, maybe two earthboxes set up.
So I wont be able to use the big tray for this grow and I have to pull it out.
Also had a moment of clarity with the spectrmax I'm not sure why I didn't realize it before.
I'm not so sure it should raise up and down. Pretty sure it should be a fixed mount. I want to take it off the winches and mount it to the rafters then use it's dimming to be the avenue I use in raising or lowering it's intensity. I think that's why they have the word "vertical" in the name. As in vertical clearance required to mount as high as possible and use the controller as the winch. I'm slow on this shit sometimes🥴

So yeah Buddy I got some work to do and what not and will update maybe Sunday night after the race with videos of fast cars, armadillos racing, and ganja. Feeling real groovy about this grow...finally! 👽

The spread from keeping the light up the whole time might be the ticket IMO.
And while most others are ending their outdoor season you are still planning?

You and the guy who sent his buds to the trimmer from Ca. both get the same BASTARDS remark from me~!🥸

You and the guy who sent his buds to the trimmer from Ca. both get the same BASTARDS remark from me~!🥸I
I can send stuff to trim if you are available. But it has to come back pretty well trimmed if you want to get paid.

Have seen this little fucker ? https://www.motortrend.com/news/inn...-hydrogen-powered-range-extender-engine/amp/- I want one in my bike ! Lol 120 hp ?

I want one for my new weed whacker!

You and the guy who sent his buds to the trimmer from Ca. both get the same BASTARDS remark from me~!🥸

I keep thinking it's just another grow light but it's not. The mounting hardware shoulda clued me in but I'm slow sometimes

I doubt these plants will go outside now since I'm starting to like them but yeah there's some windows down here for off schedule outdoor grows.
Regular schedule with a September harvest is iffy due to so many caterpillars and monsoon rains can really fuck up a crop. But a grow can be slipped in from late September thru December and another grow slipped in from March to June.
The early Spring grow was my favorite because condition are ideal. Start indoor thru February and move outside after last freeze. The 12/12 window goes thru mid-June so it's plenty of time for a great grow outdoors.

In other news today...The Dirt Fairy is in town!

order1.png
order2.png

I bet the UPS driver is gonna be rolling light after he stops by here!

Well that didn't take long

View attachment 22163

Making a note:::: ACI fans will shit out in about 3 weeks if you want vertical oscillation.
Seems to work fine when I set it up horizontal so I'm gonna need another stripper pole in that corner
Thank You for sharing the experience Bandit. Also noted the vertical simulation was a good idea to represent load on the fan. I am only using the none oscillating models so I hope to do better with those. This is the second fail on AC.Both are not good for the brand and I will probably look at other brands at this point. Think commercial I guess!!!!

Thank You for sharing the experience Bandit. Also noted the vertical simulation was a good idea to represent load on the fan. I am only using the none oscillating models so I hope to do better with those. This is the second fail on AC.Both are not good for the brand and I will probably look at other brands at this point. Think commercial I guess!!!!
They at least shipped me a replacement UIS plug. I received it today and will be shipping the busted one back so they can dig into the issue. I asked to be kept in the loop. We'll see. Customer service was pretty good, so there's that.

He could likely get the fan replaced, if he's interested in another potential turd 🤣

<-------Starts to google octo-snot plant food options😋🐙

Ya know what...Since my Waterboy wants to be bath water warm...Maybe I oughta drop this in the tank for a little shark tooth bone broth🦈

View attachment 22014

That squid stuff has me laughing at that find man...Ink sacks and what not in there...And you see it can be used in hydro? Yeah just like the liquid crab some of that went into P421. I might as well have that plant soaking in a Fisherman's Stew bath.

Everything got turned back to organic last night with a dunk of Great White, liquid crab, and the squid. All I see is happy this morning as they get ready to sleep thru the day.

On top of all the fun of racing and football this week all my supplies will be here Wednesday & Thursday.
I also have a bunch of 5 gallon pots and other stuff coming in.
I doubt many of these will get the 7 gallon pots so I want 5s as an option. There will also be at least one, maybe two earthboxes set up.
So I wont be able to use the big tray for this grow and I have to pull it out.
Also had a moment of clarity with the spectrmax I'm not sure why I didn't realize it before.
I'm not so sure it should raise up and down. Pretty sure it should be a fixed mount. I want to take it off the winches and mount it to the rafters then use it's dimming to be the avenue I use in raising or lowering it's intensity. I think that's why they have the word "vertical" in the name. As in vertical clearance required to mount as high as possible and use the controller as the winch. I'm slow on this shit sometimes🥴

So yeah Buddy I got some work to do and what not and will update maybe Sunday night after the race with videos of fast cars, armadillos racing, and ganja. Feeling real groovy about this grow...finally! 👽

that's crazy man, just the other night we watched jaws!!! haven't seen it in many years now but what a classic!!! we watch all the new horrors and they seem to get less scarier as time goes on but man we were all into jaws and did full on jumps at least three times!!! for some reason i thought they electrocuted jaws but that must be 2 or 3 so guess what we're watching this weekend!!

it's so nasty on what plants really like.. kinda like my worms, they like that thick nasty muck versus the nice coco and paper i give them!!

i'm gonna try that squid stuff out on a sad rose climber i have next spring.

that's awesome you got your soil n stuff already.. i bet the ups guy had to use the big cart!!! haha

bro did you see the giant size tubs of great white you can get on GGMi? do you think it even has shelf life? we should split a big jug and never have to buy it again!

dude that is killer that you are able to dial that light in. i'd really like to do that with the SS550s as well, keep them at an optimal blending height and use the controller to limit the par. you're very good at reading your plants and listening to what they need so i think you'll be able to get it perfect in a short time.

the thing is just huge!!!

and wtf with the fan?!?! man already? i know you felt like it wasn't using it as intended but c'mon!! does it feel like it's stripped out or does it feel like the whole motion motor just quit?

i guess it's better to find out now and not when the plants are at maturity!!! that's ridiculous though man! i'm sure your karma and the ganja gods will take care of you but still man it ain't right!

i hope you guys stomp the bears!!! when you said your plans i didn't realize that was a night game.. hey that tv at TMS, big hoss... is that the biggest tv in the world? it's bigger than jerry jones' yeah?

kyle says good luck y'all.... hahaha

2023sept19-kyle-larson-870x462.jpg

🤘

When I use Google Translate and type in "Designed in California Made in China" the translation I get back reads "Buyer Beware" 😋

I have it working as it should again but it is very picky about the angle of the fan head and where the clamp is positioned. Gravity pretty much kicks it's gears' ass. It needs more torque in the motor and steel gears. More of that and less fancy packaging.💪
They at least shipped me a replacement UIS plug. I received it today and will be shipping the busted one back so they can dig into the issue. I asked to be kept in the loop. We'll see. Customer service was pretty good, so there's that.

He could likely get the fan replaced, if he's interested in another potential turd 🤣
To their credit I'm using their fans outside the lines of their recs and known limits. I'm not gonna set my fans on 18/6 timers like they say to do to "save" the oscillator gears and I'm gonna mount them upside down and sideways looking for the elusive orbital air flow I've always been wanting.

I got to playing with it and found a very tight range of angles that will get it to work vertical. But it didn't want to stay in that position so I drilled a set screw thru the clamp and into the pole to lock that in. Next I played with the angle of the head to the clamp and tightened that to the point I was about to break it. It's locked in and doing what I want it to do so now it's just a matter of how long will the gears and motor last.
So far from what I see it could use upgrades to metal fan blades, metal gears, more torque in the motor, stiffer clamp and lock down tight clamp to pole insert better than what it has now.

I am getting good results from the second UIS plug I'm using though. I kept it simple to run my light cooling fan at certain temps and it's doing well. For now.

IMG_5516.JPG

I'll also say the orbital air flow is the best I've ever had. I hope it lasts but this is the closest to how air moves outdoors I've ever seen in this room.

that's crazy man, just the other night we watched jaws!!! haven't seen it in many years now but what a classic!!! we watch all the new horrors and they seem to get less scarier as time goes on but man we were all into jaws and did full on jumps at least three times!!! for some reason i thought they electrocuted jaws but that must be 2 or 3 so guess what we're watching this weekend!!

it's so nasty on what plants really like.. kinda like my worms, they like that thick nasty muck versus the nice coco and paper i give them!!

i'm gonna try that squid stuff out on a sad rose climber i have next spring.

that's awesome you got your soil n stuff already.. i bet the ups guy had to use the big cart!!! haha

bro did you see the giant size tubs of great white you can get on GGMi? do you think it even has shelf life? we should split a big jug and never have to buy it again!

dude that is killer that you are able to dial that light in. i'd really like to do that with the SS550s as well, keep them at an optimal blending height and use the controller to limit the par. you're very good at reading your plants and listening to what they need so i think you'll be able to get it perfect in a short time.

the thing is just huge!!!

and wtf with the fan?!?! man already? i know you felt like it wasn't using it as intended but c'mon!! does it feel like it's stripped out or does it feel like the whole motion motor just quit?

i guess it's better to find out now and not when the plants are at maturity!!! that's ridiculous though man! i'm sure your karma and the ganja gods will take care of you but still man it ain't right!

i hope you guys stomp the bears!!! when you said your plans i didn't realize that was a night game.. hey that tv at TMS, big hoss... is that the biggest tv in the world? it's bigger than jerry jones' yeah?

kyle says good luck y'all.... hahaha

View attachment 22196

🤘

Dude! Jaws is like my official movie of Summer! I own it on digital and play it on a loop every 4th of July and watch it maybe 10x every Summer!
Yep part 2 is where they electrocute the shark and part 3 is pretty much a commercial for Sea World but with a mama shark twist. Part 4 is one to avoid.
But yeah one is where it's at! I even saw in the theater a few years ago and wore my Great White label shirt hahaha!

I got another little fridge for curing and have been keeping my can of GW in there. Seems to still be potent keeping cool like that so I bet a big jug of it will last as long as it's kept well.
Tell ya what...If we win that pool that big jug is ours!!!
I'm working off an 8oz can right now I got for half off regular then with my GGMi order I got this to try out too.

king crab.png

And yeah you can say I'm good on soils for a while 😋

IMG_5513.JPG

I also really like what I see in Neptune's Tomato & Veg brew.
2-4-2 NPK, loaded with all the ocean grown goodies plus molasses and yucca extract.
So yeah I'm going all liquid this grow..T&V base line, liquid crab and lobster is the cal-mag health booster, and the squid is the supplemental happy plant mojo booster.
Same recipe for hydro but swap the T&V for 'Nova Bloom.💐🌼🌺🌸🌻🥀

Yeah the light being so big is opening up some ideas. After P421 is done in the DWC I wanna make that a cucumber tower. I also wanna add a lettuce garden and maybe even a potato bag. All in the middle of the room and not really in the grow space since there's so much light to spare now.

Man IDK if that jumbotron is the biggest in the world anymore but it is huge!!!
And how about Kyle showing up on Race Hub this week??!! I was shocked to see him in studio! I figured that guy would be out racing something...airplanes, raskal scooters, pogo sticks...Dude is always racing something!!!🏁

I tell you what too man....Fuck those Bears and Fuck Waco!!! Yeah it's conference play time and it's our farewell tour. To say the closer we get to Saturday night, the sharper the edge I have walking around would be an understatement. So yeah...there's that 😈

In other news...I'm really starting to like this garden.....

IMG_5514.JPG

IMG_5520.JPG

Micro breedery

IMG_5518.JPG

View attachment IMG_5515.MOV

Last edited:
When I use Google Translate and type in "Designed in California Made in China" the translation I get back reads "Buyer Beware" 😋

I have it working as it should again but it is very picky about the angle of the fan head and where the clamp is positioned. Gravity pretty much kicks it's gears' ass. It needs more torque in the motor and steel gears. More of that and less fancy packaging.💪

To their credit I'm using their fans outside the lines of their recs and known limits. I'm not gonna set my fans on 18/6 timers like they say to do to "save" the oscillator gears and I'm gonna mount them upside down and sideways looking for the elusive orbital air flow I've always been wanting.

I've never understood why people always blame China for poorly produced product. I've done lots of manufacturing in China and they have some of the most advanced manufacturing facilities in the world. Bad product comes from bad design. The Chinese are masters at copying stuff. Not so good at the innovating part but they are getting better fast. Usually, the drop in quality comes from the parent company trying to cut corners. They've figured out that the savings they get offsets the rise in failure rates due to their lower production costs.

I saw this happen when I worked at Edelbrock for a second. Edelbrock makes go fast car parts. They asked me to be a liaison for their carburetor/manifold division since I had experience with Chinese manufacturing and logistics. Our first meeting they were talking about higher-than-expected failure rates and asked me to find alternative manufacturing blaming their current manufacturer for the failure rates. Hopped on a plane to China to go see for myself. After talking to the manufacturer and touring the facility I found out what the problem was. The QC we had on the ground was also in charge of raw materials procurement for the manufacturer. Apparently, he had made a deal with the metals supplier to lower the quality of the metals that were being used and was pocketing the difference along with allowing substandard product to be QC approved. Once we corrected, the failure rates dropped dramatically but management was content with continuing to blame the manufacturer trying to take charge backs on the product their employee approved. I saw where the real problem was and submitted my resignation shortly thereafter.

Back
Top Bottom