True Confessions of an American Outlaw

What is the 'reflection' from in the night shots?
Definitely too cool watching the plants in timelapse.

Probably the glow of the inkbird monitor or the glow of the CLW controllers. The timelapse nightvision exacerbates it making it look much brighter than it really is plus the lights from those devices is actually green

I don't have any of my controllers or power strips taped over.
The reflection looked no brighter than any moon light.
Kind of surprised the market has not taken advantage of moon lighting.
Fish guys got it going on. Most moonlighting is blue lights of very low power 1 or 2 watt max.
I have seen timelapse that had night vision and the plants are very active at night also.
I always think it is anecdotal when people blame instrument lights for herms.
Maybe in a smaller tent it may be more serious, but I have never had an issue.
Stoner ramblings...

my buddy tells me about using a mon cycle when he grew indoors and he said he never saw pistils grow so big from using that... never heard of anyone else ever doing it.

look like you might get to see the Xfinity race after all!!! you're right though some very good rookie class in that series this year!!!! monday at 11am EST i think.

bro that time lapse is way too cool man!!! love that you put it on a loop... must have watched it for ten minutes!!!! very cool how the plants react to the light!!!!

my buddy tells me about using a mon cycle when he grew indoors and he said he never saw pistils grow so big from using that... never heard of anyone else ever doing it.
He said it worked for him?
Buddy they are simple and cheap.
And blue..You guys do the spectrum thing so I think you know what they can do.

He said it worked for him?
Buddy they are simple and cheap.
And blue..You guys do the spectrum thing so I think you know what they can do.

i don't really know... his memory and attention to detail is for shit!! hahaha i'll ask him again and see if he remembers anything or how he did it. for i know it was his grow partner that did it and he just watched. i'm not sure. he only mentioned it once to me so i don't think it was a game changer but i'll ask him anyway and see what he says.

Let the rain pass ! Been a minute since I’ve been to Daytona race - think I’d like to see chi town race now we are up north here

Attachments

• IMG_0755.jpeg
    IMG_0755.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0402.png
    IMG_0402.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0369.jpeg
    IMG_0369.jpeg
    474.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2676.jpeg
    IMG_2676.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2648.jpeg
    IMG_2648.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2644.jpeg
    IMG_2644.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2642.jpeg
    IMG_2642.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2643.jpeg
    IMG_2643.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2646.jpeg
    IMG_2646.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2599.jpeg
    IMG_2599.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
i don't really know... his memory and attention to detail is for shit!! hahaha i'll ask him again and see if he remembers anything or how he did it. for i know it was his grow partner that did it and he just watched. i'm not sure. he only mentioned it once to me so i don't think it was a game changer but i'll ask him anyway and see what he says.
These newer lights, LED's are spectrum specific where as red, far red 730nm, and blue are tuned. Now there is a new player or Driver! in the game, in fact 2 to 4 Drivers, GML or Grand Master Level has $900 led's that will spank the baby, fed the cat, ha! $$ But spectrum is the game. Watch for Spartangrown to help us with Sales too. SS

I don't have any of my controllers or power strips taped over.
The reflection looked no brighter than any moon light.
Kind of surprised the market has not taken advantage of moon lighting.
Fish guys got it going on. Most moonlighting is blue lights of very low power 1 or 2 watt max.
I have seen timelapse that had night vision and the plants are very active at night also.
I always think it is anecdotal when people blame instrument lights for herms.
Maybe in a smaller tent it may be more serious, but I have never had an issue.
Stoner ramblings...

The Dark Lord of the Sith

ANH-Darth-Vader-Life-Size-Statue-012.jpg

and my grow room at lights off

IMG_6523.JPG

have some things in common 😋

Yeah man I've grown enough pot to know pin holes in tents, light coming thru a closed zipper, little red lights on power strips are not the causes of hermies. That's genetics. I consider those warning to be like old wives tales.
I'd even go as far to say that lights that will corrupt a flowering cycle like a porch light or the little fucker up in my ceiling fan I yanked out and disabled wont cause a hermie but they will force a reveg

The timelapse has shown me some interesting things. Like I'm pretty sure these plants have a clock in them associated with when lights come on and off.
About an hour before lights off my plants leaves begin to level out and as soon as the light goes out the plants close up and lay their leaves down almost looking like a drought wilt. I don't believe this is sleeping but more of a rest and defensive posture.
About an hour before lights on, leaves come back level
About 4 hours into lights on they begin to pray. The next 7-8 hours of lights on are the most productive where I see the growth happening and leaves turning like solar panels catching rays.

And this is where I'm really paying attention to what you and stoney are doing with the dialing back on time...Is it better to mimic nature or is it better to take total control and almost run these plants like they're a computer on a program because that's what I seem to be doing. Every day being the same and they get into a patterned routine using their internal clock. The day and the activity of that day are very predictable. So I wonder if routine is better or is duplicating nature better? I doubt there's a clear night and day answer to it but it's fascinating how total control can be used to maybe make the most of every day in the garden.
That's my goal really is not have any bad days. A consistency day to day of excellence and performance.

Yeah man I've grown enough pot to know pin holes in tents, light coming thru a closed zipper, little red lights on power strips are not the causes of hermies. That's genetics. I consider those warning to be like old wives tales.
Same. Hermies are 90% of the time genetic imo.
Sometimes one could stress a plant to herm i guess but imo its all genetics.
Ive had a lot of herms recently, all the same genetic background.....

Same. Hermies are 90% of the time genetic imo.
Sometimes one could stress a plant to herm i guess but imo its all genetics.
Ive had a lot of herms recently, all the same genetic background.....

The two types of hermies I've ever experienced were either the late banana near harvest and it's nothing to worry about and the other being a full on tranny at flip with equal bananas to pistils popping.

The prior is quite common in OG Kush family strains and hybrids and I've seen it come from some of the most respected breeder stocks and grown just about every way imaginable. Concerning but not a crop killer. I think it comes from growing sensi and the plant thinking it better do something to reproduce so there it goes

The latter is just pure evil and a random thing coming from a recessive trait. Like growing a third nipple. Nobody is gonna say hey you grew a third nipple because you were born at night. Nah you grew that thing because of your genetics 🙃

The latter is just pure evil and a random thing coming from a recessive trait. Like growing a third nipple. Nobody is gonna say hey you grew a third nipple because you were born at night. Nah you grew that thing because of your genetics 🙃
Yeah i got some beans that are always straight tranny at flip. Gotta pluck pluck pluck for 3-4 weeks.
I hate doing it but i spent good money on em and hate throwing money away even more than plucking off the balls.
So i just pluck em off and then bitch about it🤣

Starting to think there's gonna be a lot of pot coming out of this grow.🥸
Early frost is showing on the Platinum cuts and Max AC. Coincidentally they're also the most aggressive stretchers with a few topping out at chest high today.

I've started building the trellis today using waxed hemp wick. So after this grow I can use the trellis to light bowls and doobs. 🙃
No signs of mites or any bugs for that matter. 🥰
Gonna have to start clearing some bottom leaves and growth. I really did not expect it to be like this. I figured I'd get a bunch of two footers with single colas, not a dang jungle.
The phrase bumper crop is starting to cross my mind🥹

IMG_6524.JPG

IMG_6526.JPG

IMG_6527.JPG

Starting to think there's gonna be a lot of pot coming out of this grow.🥸
Early frost is showing on the Platinum cuts and Max AC. Coincidentally they're also the most aggressive stretchers with a few topping out at chest high today.

I've started building the trellis today using waxed hemp wick. So after this grow I can use the trellis to light bowls and doobs. 🙃
No signs of mites or any bugs for that matter. 🥰
Gonna have to start clearing some bottom leaves and growth. I really did not expect it to be like this. I figured I'd get a bunch of two footers with single colas, not a dang jungle.
The phrase bumper crop is starting to cross my mind🥹

View attachment 45678

View attachment 45679

View attachment 45680
I would agree look at all those bud sites just waitin to pop ! Nice work as usual bandit !

I would agree look at all those bud sites just waitin to pop ! Nice work as usual bandit !

Many thanks Brother!
Man someday I hope I get to experience Daytona like you have! Bucket list for sure.

I was hoping to wake up to racing today but another delay. If there's anything I've learned over the past two seasons of racing is that if I travel to a race, make sure to add on an xtra day or two for weather🌧️🌪️🌩️⛈️

I saw the Infinity race, same winner 3 times now,wow. SS

it's 430 and the 500 is starting!!! looks sunny!!! xfinity to race right after cup tonight!

I hope the schedule stays on point this week though ARCA after dark last Friday after the truck shit show was pretty cool. Live racing at 1am!
Schedule lines up great for me this week, Friday and Saturday to have racing on at work then dvr Sunday. 😋

I saw the Infinity race, same winner 3 times now,wow. SS

Good race but Suarez fucked up some pretty good cars with his check up. I guess he saw a squirrel on the track again 🙃

:
:
In other news...I was bumping around Plant Revolution stuff and saw they now have Myco Chum. I've been using great white and king crab together and thought maybe that could be added. Then I looked at the ingredients and it's pretty much fish guts and kelp, something that's already abundant in my seafood buffet so it was kinda cool to see this combo is meant to go together.🐟🦈🦐🦞🦀🌴

I think I can save it. May not ever be allowed back indoors but I gotta plan

IMG_0549.JPG

Gorilla Butter wants to be special🛢️🌊🥹

IMG_6529.JPG

Last edited:
Happy you didnt order clones huh?
What a cluster fuck. View attachment 46080

Yeah I saw a couple weeks ago the clone page was gone so I figured it went south for whatever reason.
Can't miss what we never had so onto the next adventure.🤷‍♂️

BTW my clone powder came in. PM me an address to send your some:)

Back
Top Bottom