True Confessions of an American Outlaw

Have you grown with the 11 on 13 off before? I did once and I wasn't impressed, all of my plants grew smaller lighter buds than anytime on 12/12.
I'm now trying 12.5 on 11.5 off with Far reds on for 15 min at lights out , I don't like the cutting back of hours...in flower ...whats the acronym DLI ??? what ever it is I want more of it in flower
It's Daily Light Integral the absorbed daily light. Is there a "Peak" so they, Dr. Bugbee and friends say, I don't know, I think it must be phenotype specific. But what do I know. The "Landrace" capability must be considered as to where or what "Zone" it was a Landrace, my deduction Watson. Cheers SS

Found this article just now.
You got a side hustle going?

It's not a coincidence that's for sure ;)

Screenshot 2024-02-28 103053.png

I could sit around a campfire and tell tales of an ATX think-tank in the back of a hydroshop warehouse break room where from 2012 to 2016 growers would discuss the plant without having to be cagey doing the old "I need ___ for my tomatoes" routine illegal growers had to do back then.
Two lighting engineers who broke away from Illumitex https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illumitex were there often building custom made to order lights.
They would later become Fluence and that back room was where they got real deal input from growers and what we needed in LED lighting.

LED at the time was all about blurple but the market was filled with Chinese made garbage. Brands like Blackstar and many more not around anymore or they've changed names.
There were the "LED Wars" on just about every forum arguing which China made shit was best. We saw it as people arguing over Honda vs Kia while we were seeking Ferrari.
This info and market is what put me where I'm at today. I could never afford Fluence and they were focused more on commercial than home grower, but CLW was pretty much doing the same but flipped more for home grower than commercial until recent years so that's why you see me in CLW today.

That think tank took me places. Airpots, aquaponics, CMH lighting, US or German made LED, cold cure and probably a half dozen other things I can't remember. And yep no veg grows were often talked about but mostly with clones. Nobody was doing seedling to bloom and those who did were failing, making it not worth the effort.
Lighting was the key to it.

This quote from that press release is so on point...

“Proper lighting—which must include a strong combination of advanced fixtures and lighting strategy—plays a critical role in creating a more efficient and profitable methodology for cannabis cultivation,” said Dr. David Hawley, principal scientist at Fluence. “This research demonstrates the value of examining and investing in a research-backed lighting strategy from day one. Our goal is to explore, validate and demonstrate the effectiveness of diverse cultivation strategies to ensure every grower can apply data-driven methodologies to their facilities in collaboration with Fluence.”

It's that idea that has been driving my own light applications for the past decade

IMG_6570.JPG

Mixed high performance lighting allows us to do things we could never do before.
Reduce on times, eliminate veg period, break thru on new ideas of training etc.
But not every light can do it.
What's coming out of China is an improvement from the Blackstar days, mainly by using Samsung diodes, but even then Samsung cannot hold up to what Osram and Fluence diodes can do and that's where the make it or break it happens when it comes to the new ideas.

The ez way to find out if a grower's lights can do it is to experiment so that's what my previous grow was really all about. If the experiment fails it's not because 12/12 from seed is a failed idea...The lights failed the grower, not the idea. When I knew I had the light to do it, I did it, and am not looking back.

I'm seeing way too many good things to go back trying to grow trees indoors.
The empty void of space is now above my canopy loaded with usable light rather than a large void of space being below the canopy and above the soil surface in a dead zone of production.
I'm not growing leaves and branches only to cut it away later.
It's so much easier to care for a plant than a tree indoors it's not even funny. Trees are picky and finicky water hog bitches while plants are just chilled out and ez, happy with only 1/10th strength nutes, rich well draining soil, and clean water.
The cost of operation is almost cut in half
And best of all, there seems to be no reduction of quality or yield and in fact I'm pretty sure I'm looking at my best crop on both those points in all the years I've been using LED. 🥳
I've had some pretty special specimen plants over the years but now there's a consistency within the entire crop, not just one great plant and six other ok to good plants

It's Daily Light Integral the absorbed daily light. Is there a "Peak" so they, Dr. Bugbee and friends say, I don't know, I think it must be phenotype specific. But what do I know. The "Landrace" capability must be considered as to where or what "Zone" it was a Landrace, my deduction Watson. Cheers SS

This is why I'm trying to use timelapse photography to see exactly what happens and when during a lights on and lights off cycle. Day to day it looks like there's not much activity to our naked eye but there's a ton going on in timelapse.
From what I can tell, in an 11 hour period of high quality light, the plant is only using around 8 hours beginning about 4 hours after lights on to dark is when the most aggressive photosynthesis is occuring.

Another cool thing it's showed me is timelapse can tell me when to water.
When a pot is nearing dry, the plant goes into a defensive mode. Growth slows then stops and it prepares itself for drought. By keeping it well watered, that stall doesn't happen and every day becomes a very prodcutive day✌️

Last edited:
I remember reading somewhere that cannabis is most active the first 2 hours on lights on.

I had this argument with someone before saying that going from clone to flower is not a good idea due to the immature root system it had. Their assumption was that cannabis needed to be vegged at least 6 weeks before it is mature enough to fully express all its genetics. I pointed to SOG grows but they seemed to just ignore that in our conversations.

The 2 x 2 ScrOG I'm currently doing is a perfect microcosm. I cloned the 3 plants in the pot in a nursery 6 pak and, once I was sure they had sprouted roots, I transplanted them into the 7 gal pot they are currently residing. When I posted the thread a lot of people were commenting on how the roots weren't mature enough to handle flowering, blah, blah, blah. Fast forward to today and my 3 little plants in my 2 x 2 are doing just fine and are starting to bulk out.

I remember reading somewhere that cannabis is most active the first 2 hours on lights on.

I had this argument with someone before saying that going from clone to flower is not a good idea due to the immature root system it had. Their assumption was that cannabis needed to be vegged at least 6 weeks before it is mature enough to fully express all its genetics. I pointed to SOG grows but they seemed to just ignore that in our conversations.

The 2 x 2 ScrOG I'm currently doing is a perfect microcosm. I cloned the 3 plants in the pot in a nursery 6 pak and, once I was sure they had sprouted roots, I transplanted them into the 7 gal pot they are currently residing. When I posted the thread a lot of people were commenting on how the roots weren't mature enough to handle flowering, blah, blah, blah. Fast forward to today and my 3 little plants in my 2 x 2 are doing just fine and are starting to bulk out.

Many people discount what happens to these plants after flip and the growth/growth rates that can be had. I just calculated growth between flip and end of stretch...800% increase in size of plants on average.
Timelapse is one helluva truth teller my friend. I've learned more doing this grow than I have doing or reading anything the past 5 years ;)

Many people discount what happens to these plants after flip and the growth/growth rates that can be had. I just calculated growth between flip and end of stretch...800% increase in size of plants on average.
Timelapse is one helluva truth teller my friend. I've learned more doing this grow than I have doing or reading anything the past 5 years ;)
For sure. Observation is the best teacher. Being able to see their growth in timelapse would definitely show you things you don't get to see normally.

Do roots also have a stretch period during stretch where they go crazy like with the foliage?

man even your videos have speed to them!!!:love::love:

it's very cool that your video camera can see your plants. a while back i bought a web cam that i can steer around and zoom, i thought it would be a cheap way for me to monitor things without having fancy wifi controllers but i all i can see is bright red buds. the only time i could see anything is during night vision.. i was thinking of maybe mounting one of the led eye protection green lenses in front of the camera.

did you have to change any settings or did your camera just adjust the colors itself that nice?

The empty void of space is now above my canopy loaded with usable light rather than a large void of space being below the canopy and above the soil surface in a dead zone of production.
I'm not growing leaves and branches only to cut it away later.

i really like the sound of this. not that you have headroom issues but us that do should be taking notes.

so just curious, without having the "bare legs" and down there room just how pimp has your new foot pedal wand waterer working out? game changer? is it a must for that many plants low to the ground like you have?

not grow related but i was wondering when you guys left the big 12 was that the whole school, or just football? was curious if you guys still played WVU in baseball?

oh and BTW, those cheesecakes with cookies in the bottom were one of the best desserts we ever ate!!! way better than grahms!!! you gotta try it!!!

Do roots also have a stretch period during stretch where they go crazy like with the foliage?

IDK if it's a stretch but they sure do grow like crazy it seems all the way up to ripening.
The best views of that are from the DWC guys like Moe, Cool B, and Smoke. Those big ol root ball just keep getting big thru the whole grow.
Maybe we can convince Moe to stick a waterproof timelapse cam down in there and we watch roots grow. I bet they look like some kind of virus or mess of snakes spreading

Toss that big boy a treat for me SS!!! :love:

man even your videos have speed to them!!!:love::love:

it's very cool that your video camera can see your plants. a while back i bought a web cam that i can steer around and zoom, i thought it would be a cheap way for me to monitor things without having fancy wifi controllers but i all i can see is bright red buds. the only time i could see anything is during night vision.. i was thinking of maybe mounting one of the led eye protection green lenses in front of the camera.

did you have to change any settings or did your camera just adjust the colors itself that nice?

i really like the sound of this. not that you have headroom issues but us that do should be taking notes.

so just curious, without having the "bare legs" and down there room just how pimp has your new foot pedal wand waterer working out? game changer? is it a must for that many plants low to the ground like you have?

not grow related but i was wondering when you guys left the big 12 was that the whole school, or just football? was curious if you guys still played WVU in baseball?

oh and BTW, those cheesecakes with cookies in the bottom were one of the best desserts we ever ate!!! way better than grahms!!! you gotta try it!!!

I can't adjust color on my cam but I can adjust pixels, frame per seconds, and time. It's just weird though and my ADHD kicks in on me when I mess with the settings. I really wish the dang thing had voice control or something. Or maybe I just need to play with it outside the grow room and figure the damn thing out once and for all

Yeah man for the first time in this room I do not have any headroom issues and have some to spare! I can't tell you how much of a luxury that is to finally have Brother.

I'll take some video of my watering wand in action. That whole thing again has just been such a huge upgrade from pouring buckets of water and it even prevents the soil from compacting!
Today is a watering day too so I'll go thru the whole routine. I don't use it how I thought I would stepping on the pedal since I hold it but still, it's been fantastic and IDK how I could water this garden without it. Maybe the front row would be ez but the rows are 3 deep and even the second row is hard to reach without the wand.

Yeah every Texas sport will eventually be SEC. I think the calendar switch is something like Mid June or early July so up to then we're Big12.
The Fall sports like football and soccer are already branded SEC. Next will be Winter sports like mens and womens basketball as they finish their seasons, then the Spring sports like baseball and softball finish in June and after that is when the athletic calendar flips to the new year.
At that time Texas and OU will officially leave but Colorado, Utah, Arizona, and Arizona State will officially join the Big 12.
Unfortunately we don't play WVU baseball this year and instead got stuck with a few Big12 noobs in Houston, BYU, and UCF.

Hell yeah man I'm gonna be all up in some dessert pies next week for Spring Break! Pies and gardening the whole week while the kids are gone then it's back to the grind.

Hey has ACI shipped your fans yet? Mine will be here tomorrow. Thinking about maybe designing and 3D printing a custom mount so I can hook them onto the spectramax rails to cool it down. I tested out the pole clamps and that's not gonna work out.

I gotta get these dogs walked and go grocery shopping then I'll try to get some pics and video for an update. Things are getting sticky and stinky in there!!

Can't wait to see the Pulse One in action with you~!
Even running AC in my room when needed I have not tried to use my 8000's during 'summer'.
They are running 100% now during winter but the exhaust comes on often.
They generate a good amount of heat. Just the transformer alone is wicked and I can feel the heat when within inches of the LEDS.
DSC_0951.JPG
^^ Beast of a transformer^^
I would imagine your Spectra Max will be a no go also when it is hot.
Nice to have smaller lights that can get it done.
Fun to bring out the big dogs when you can.;)

I can't adjust color on my cam but I can adjust pixels, frame per seconds, and time. It's just weird though and my ADHD kicks in on me when I mess with the settings. I really wish the dang thing had voice control or something. Or maybe I just need to play with it outside the grow room and figure the damn thing out once and for all

Yeah man for the first time in this room I do not have any headroom issues and have some to spare! I can't tell you how much of a luxury that is to finally have Brother.

if i were you i'd take that thing to work and let one of the kids show me how to use it!!!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

i know exactly what ya mean man, this is also my very first grow where i don't have a head room issue and still have height to spare. and i didn't bleach any buds this round. i only made a few changes this round but all of them worked out great!!

I'll take some video of my watering wand in action. That whole thing again has just been such a huge upgrade from pouring buckets of water and it even prevents the soil from compacting!
Today is a watering day too so I'll go thru the whole routine. I don't use it how I thought I would stepping on the pedal since I hold it but still, it's been fantastic and IDK how I could water this garden without it. Maybe the front row would be ez but the rows are 3 deep and even the second row is hard to reach without the wand.

sweet man, it will be awesome to see. i have a feeling a wand of some sort is in my future as well. like ya say first and second row is no biggie but every time i reach in for the third i disturb buds and branches. i think a "long arm of the law" is in order!!! i have a wand with a leaky valve on the shelf and i bet i could repurpose that into something useful instead of a dust collector.

Yeah every Texas sport will eventually be SEC. I think the calendar switch is something like Mid June or early July so up to then we're Big12.
The Fall sports like football and soccer are already branded SEC. Next will be Winter sports like mens and womens basketball as they finish their seasons, then the Spring sports like baseball and softball finish in June and after that is when the athletic calendar flips to the new year.
At that time Texas and OU will officially leave but Colorado, Utah, Arizona, and Arizona State will officially join the Big 12.
Unfortunately we don't play WVU baseball this year and instead got stuck with a few Big12 noobs in Houston, BYU, and UCF.

wow man i had no idea it was that complex. that must be a nightmare logistics and planning wise!!!

from a fan standpoint i gotta tell ya man it's taking some getting used to not hating on the horns anymore!!:ROFLMAO:😆:ROFLMAO: and they're probably the only team in the SEC i'd even root for!!! i've even embraced a little orange in my life... not denver donkey orange or anything stupid like that but ya know a little bit here and there... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hey has ACI shipped your fans yet? Mine will be here tomorrow. Thinking about maybe designing and 3D printing a custom mount so I can hook them onto the spectramax rails to cool it down. I tested out the pole clamps and that's not gonna work out.

yes sir they have!!! tracking says delivery on monday!!!

it's funny just last night i was looking at my grow thinking if i adapted the lower to ground shorter plants i could repurpose the lower fan and point it up top, it seemed to move the warm air around better up there but didn't want to plug in another fan, well didn't have room for another wall wart was really it. :ROFLMAO:

so yeah looking forward to using the new ACI fan too!!! i haven't filled out the survey yet, i plan to once i receive the fan and check it out though.

🤘

Can't wait to see the Pulse One in action with you~!
Even running AC in my room when needed I have not tried to use my 8000's during 'summer'.
They are running 100% now during winter but the exhaust comes on often.
They generate a good amount of heat. Just the transformer alone is wicked and I can feel the heat when within inches of the LEDS.
View attachment 47139
^^ Beast of a transformer^^
I would imagine your Spectra Max will be a no go also when it is hot.
Nice to have smaller lights that can get it done.
Fun to bring out the big dogs when you can.;)

And to think most of us got into LED because HID ran too hot and needed duct work and high powered exhaust dedicated to the light.🤪

The spectramax has a heat output over 3000BTU and it's no joke. It can take the room from the mid 60s into the high 80s easily. Once temps hit 83 the exhaust kicks in and the upgraded fresh air intake kicks in.
If the room is already warm like in Summer where it's already mid 80s in there...fugitaboutit. Temps over 100 ez no matter the exhaust power. AC is the only thing that can tamp it down.

I redid the intake with a much more powerful fan and directed it at the s-max. Right now it's in the high 40s outside so that intake is like the coldest AC ever but that thing produces so much heat both intake and exhaust are on about 45 minutes for every hour, warming up then cooling down.

I'm hoping some fans on the rails might help it to never get hot as an iron so we'll see! Warm is fine but hot is a problem!🤞

if i were you i'd take that thing to work and let one of the kids show me how to use it!!!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

i know exactly what ya mean man, this is also my very first grow where i don't have a head room issue and still have height to spare. and i didn't bleach any buds this round. i only made a few changes this round but all of them worked out great!!

sweet man, it will be awesome to see. i have a feeling a wand of some sort is in my future as well. like ya say first and second row is no biggie but every time i reach in for the third i disturb buds and branches. i think a "long arm of the law" is in order!!! i have a wand with a leaky valve on the shelf and i bet i could repurpose that into something useful instead of a dust collector.

wow man i had no idea it was that complex. that must be a nightmare logistics and planning wise!!!

from a fan standpoint i gotta tell ya man it's taking some getting used to not hating on the horns anymore!!:ROFLMAO:😆:ROFLMAO: and they're probably the only team in the SEC i'd even root for!!! i've even embraced a little orange in my life... not denver donkey orange or anything stupid like that but ya know a little bit here and there... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

yes sir they have!!! tracking says delivery on monday!!!

it's funny just last night i was looking at my grow thinking if i adapted the lower to ground shorter plants i could repurpose the lower fan and point it up top, it seemed to move the warm air around better up there but didn't want to plug in another fan, well didn't have room for another wall wart was really it. :ROFLMAO:

so yeah looking forward to using the new ACI fan too!!! i haven't filled out the survey yet, i plan to once i receive the fan and check it out though.

🤘

Man I could see myself dumping both the camera and the robot kit on the table and say hey guys, put this shit together, pizza on me! I bet they could get it all working. Shit they could probably make the robot work the camera!! They're smart like but dang they'll do some dumb ass shit too. Kids bro!

You know what's funny about the Horns man...Last year all schools got a survey to list their rivals. Texas has three rivals...#1OU, #2 A&M, #3 Arkansas.
30 schools listed Texas as their #1 rival!
I saw that and I'm like WTF we do to Y'all!
Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all!!

Yeah same here on the survey. I rarely do reviews but since they asked nice and gave me 4 free fans I'll do it.

Man I'm walking on air a bit today feeling my feels.
Started off yesterday with the raffle win. Plants are looking happy, dogs had a good walk, and Columbo was on the TV making me laugh.
Then I got an email I heard I'd get but didn't believe it until I saw it. I got a huge fucking raise yesterday!! Not only that but I was taken off hourly wages and put on salary. Income will jump by about $5K per year. I got all weepy about it. So many have told me I wouldn't amount to much in life. Dead or jail and all that type of shit. Now here I sit with just a HS education level and a nice fat salary at a job where they value me and I love working there. Even my wife got all misty eyed over it.
So we've got some celebratin' to do! I was thinking do we go to a fancy restaurant and all that? IDK!! Her B-day and me getting a raise! Well she still hasn't opened that bottle of Dom so we've got that and I couldn't decide on a fancy night out so I went and bought a brisket to smoke on Saturday🫠 Then we made tacos together so I guess we also celebrated that Suarez win too.😋 We're ez I suppose but I'm gonna throw down on that brisket with a green chile rub I got from NMSU along with my pepper seeds!

Onto the garden stuff and then some!!!

So here's the whole water routine I go thru every other day....

The seafood and candy buffet...Combined it's a 4-4-4 +1 NPK & Cal. Too many microherds to list and a sugary buffet for days so they'll be all fat and happy. The microherds are like Hanzel and Grettle and I'm the wicked witch fattening them up with sweets 🧙‍♀️

IMG_6604.JPG

IMG_6606.JPG

First I drop 4 gallons of water into the bin then add the goodies. 1oz each of the NH stuff, a splash of King Crab, and a pinch of Great White. Ratios should be 1oz/gallon of the NH stuff but I'm only running it at 1oz/10-12 gallons

IMG_6577.JPG

I top it off filling it with 10-12 total gallons. Since this is a compost tea brewer I do turn the switch to brew and let it mix the concoction for about 30 minutes. After the mixing I get a nice seafood soup the ladies love

IMG_6580.JPG

Close it up, grab the footpedal, take the wand and go in low sticking the head under the jungle canopy to get to the pots...

Now for the action up top!!!
I'm not gonna set any world records for biggest cola growing this way but my goodness there's a shitload of weed in there.
Nuggetry for days!!!
And it smells so good and is getting super sticky! This shit is gonna make some excellent rosin!!🤩

IMG_6601.JPG

IMG_6583.JPG

IMG_6584.JPG

IMG_6585.JPG

IMG_6587.JPG

IMG_6589.JPG

IMG_6590.JPG

Straight Jacket. This lady is so close to my house cut Ript Banana they could be sisters

IMG_6591.JPG

IMG_6592.JPG

IMG_6594.JPG

Platinum Frosting

IMG_6595.JPG

Platinum Lemon Cherry Gelato

IMG_6596.JPG

Dip N Stix

IMG_6597.JPG

Max Air Conditioning😋

IMG_6598.JPG

Gorilla Butter

IMG_6600.JPG

Taco Tuesday on a Thursday!!!
Simple ground beef recipe with McCormick taco seasoning, onions and garlic with a home made fresh tomatillo, red onion, and tomato pico de gallo condiment, sour cream, rooster sauce on a fried corn & nopalito tortilla. They're street taco size too so I can eat about 6 of these badboys!

IMG_6612.JPG

Last edited:
WOW~! Nice all the way around.
Congrats about work.
It does matter if you like what you do and are appreciated.
It can be the biggest difference maker in life and job performance. :cool:

damn bro, that's a hell of an update!!!!

some great news on the promotion too. great work man congrats!!!! i always preferred to be paid salary versus hourly. now that i think about it my last hourly job that worked for somebody else was back in my early 20's. i had one job once where i actually had to punch a time clock, yeah that lasted two days!!! hahaha that was the last job i ever filled out an application for too!!!!

tacos look killer too.. i never had that kind of tortilla before. i forgot to mention last week i did make tacos/quesadilla type meal for luck with suarrez!!! had em on saturday then leftovers again for lunch just before the green flag!!!! mine didn't look as good as yours, mine are more like dirt road tacos!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: finally got to use my homegrown cilantro!!!!

010.JPG

tonight i'm making cheesesteaks... been wanting to try em SV, breakin all the philly rules!!!! hehe

wow man, i'm kinda shocked on how much water your plants use. if i watered mine that heavy every other day i would have a pot of soup by the end of the week!!! haha ....two quarts and i have runoff.

your buds are forming up nice, looks like you'll get some wookie spears!!!!!

And to think most of us got into LED because HID ran too hot and needed duct work and high powered exhaust dedicated to the light.🤪

The spectramax has a heat output over 3000BTU and it's no joke. It can take the room from the mid 60s into the high 80s easily. Once temps hit 83 the exhaust kicks in and the upgraded fresh air intake kicks in.
If the room is already warm like in Summer where it's already mid 80s in there...fugitaboutit. Temps over 100 ez no matter the exhaust power. AC is the only thing that can tamp it down.

I redid the intake with a much more powerful fan and directed it at the s-max. Right now it's in the high 40s outside so that intake is like the coldest AC ever but that thing produces so much heat both intake and exhaust are on about 45 minutes for every hour, warming up then cooling down.

I'm hoping some fans on the rails might help it to never get hot as an iron so we'll see! Warm is fine but hot is a problem!🤞

Man I could see myself dumping both the camera and the robot kit on the table and say hey guys, put this shit together, pizza on me! I bet they could get it all working. Shit they could probably make the robot work the camera!! They're smart like but dang they'll do some dumb ass shit too. Kids bro!

You know what's funny about the Horns man...Last year all schools got a survey to list their rivals. Texas has three rivals...#1OU, #2 A&M, #3 Arkansas.
30 schools listed Texas as their #1 rival!
I saw that and I'm like WTF we do to Y'all!
Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all!!

Yeah same here on the survey. I rarely do reviews but since they asked nice and gave me 4 free fans I'll do it.

Man I'm walking on air a bit today feeling my feels.
Started off yesterday with the raffle win. Plants are looking happy, dogs had a good walk, and Columbo was on the TV making me laugh.
Then I got an email I heard I'd get but didn't believe it until I saw it. I got a huge fucking raise yesterday!! Not only that but I was taken off hourly wages and put on salary. Income will jump by about $5K per year. I got all weepy about it. So many have told me I wouldn't amount to much in life. Dead or jail and all that type of shit. Now here I sit with just a HS education level and a nice fat salary at a job where they value me and I love working there. Even my wife got all misty eyed over it.
So we've got some celebratin' to do! I was thinking do we go to a fancy restaurant and all that? IDK!! Her B-day and me getting a raise! Well she still hasn't opened that bottle of Dom so we've got that and I couldn't decide on a fancy night out so I went and bought a brisket to smoke on Saturday🫠 Then we made tacos together so I guess we also celebrated that Suarez win too.😋 We're ez I suppose but I'm gonna throw down on that brisket with a green chile rub I got from NMSU along with my pepper seeds!

Onto the garden stuff and then some!!!

So here's the whole water routine I go thru every other day....

The seafood and candy buffet...Combined it's a 4-4-4 +1 NPK & Cal. Too many microherds to list and a sugary buffet for days so they'll be all fat and happy. The microherds are like Hanzel and Grettle and I'm the wicked witch fattening them up with sweets 🧙‍♀️

View attachment 47228

View attachment 47229

First I drop 4 gallons of water into the bin then add the goodies. 1oz each of the NH stuff, a splash of King Crab, and a pinch of Great White. Ratios should be 1oz/gallon of the NH stuff but I'm only running it at 1oz/10-12 gallons

View attachment 47211

I top it off filling it with 10-12 total gallons. Since this is a compost tea brewer I do turn the switch to brew and let it mix the concoction for about 30 minutes. After the mixing I get a nice seafood soup the ladies love

View attachment 47212

Close it up, grab the footpedal, take the wand and go in low sticking the head under the jungle canopy to get to the pots...

Now for the action up top!!!
I'm not gonna set any world records for biggest cola growing this way but my goodness there's a shitload of weed in there.
Nuggetry for days!!!
And it smells so good and is getting super sticky! This shit is gonna make some excellent rosin!!🤩

View attachment 47227

View attachment 47213

View attachment 47214

View attachment 47215

View attachment 47216

View attachment 47217

View attachment 47218

Straight Jacket. This lady is so close to my house cut Ript Banana they could be sisters

View attachment 47219

View attachment 47220

View attachment 47221

Platinum Frosting

View attachment 47222

Platinum Lemon Cherry Gelato

View attachment 47223

Dip N Stix

View attachment 47224

Max Air Conditioning😋

View attachment 47225

Gorilla Butter

View attachment 47226

Taco Tuesday on a Thursday!!!
Simple ground beef recipe with McCormick taco seasoning, onions and garlic with a home made fresh tomatillo, red onion, and tomato pico de gallo condiment, sour cream, rooster sauce on a fried corn & nopalito tortilla. They're street taco size too so I can eat about 6 of these badboys!

View attachment 47230
The stalk on that Straight JAcket looks just like the watermellon gelato I grew recently.

Why do we have to constantly redo our growspaces? Are we ever going to be done?

WOW~! Nice all the way around.
Congrats about work.
It does matter if you like what you do and are appreciated.
It can be the biggest difference maker in life and job performance. :cool:

Thanks Buddy! 🩲
This job does have it's frustrations at times but the good outweighs the bad by a large margin. Not many last and go in a different career but if you can hang in there and deal with the fact athletics are not a democracy and it's a dictatorship, there's areas to thrive in it.
I just love it though. Losing sucks but seasons like last are what makes it all worth it. And if we're winning then the $$$ comes in waves and at some point I get my cut of the action:ROFLMAO:

damn bro, that's a hell of an update!!!!

some great news on the promotion too. great work man congrats!!!! i always preferred to be paid salary versus hourly. now that i think about it my last hourly job that worked for somebody else was back in my early 20's. i had one job once where i actually had to punch a time clock, yeah that lasted two days!!! hahaha that was the last job i ever filled out an application for too!!!!

tacos look killer too.. i never had that kind of tortilla before. i forgot to mention last week i did make tacos/quesadilla type meal for luck with suarrez!!! had em on saturday then leftovers again for lunch just before the green flag!!!! mine didn't look as good as yours, mine are more like dirt road tacos!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: finally got to use my homegrown cilantro!!!!

View attachment 47306

tonight i'm making cheesesteaks... been wanting to try em SV, breakin all the philly rules!!!! hehe

wow man, i'm kinda shocked on how much water your plants use. if i watered mine that heavy every other day i would have a pot of soup by the end of the week!!! haha ....two quarts and i have runoff.

your buds are forming up nice, looks like you'll get some wookie spears!!!!!

Leftover Mexican food is always the best!!!
Amazing what a good promotion can do for mental health. I took on more responsibility last Fall and got a bump in pay then but then I also kicked ass all season grinding. Never complained once and just rolled with the pain and it paid off huge!
Yeah I had to punch a timeclock once. Once. Fucked up ass job building office cubicles for a d-bag company and bosses. Lasted a few months and I quit then the next day they called me and said I was actually fired and that boss was one to tell me that was the best job I'd ever get.
Funny thing is about 5 years after that we hired that company to do some offices upstairs. When that old boss saw me working there I could tell he was so shocked and embarrassed and wouldn't make eye contact the rest of the time he was there. Punk ass chump.

Yeah each plant gets about 3/4 gallon every other day. I also have two fans that blow across the soil surface so that helps dry them up a little faster too.
:
:
Dude...Your gonna love these new fans!

IMG_6618.JPG

IMG_6619.JPG

I haven't put them on a scale but they feel twice as heavy as the gen 1 fans. Just beefier all around.
I'm gonna leave these boxed up and make the changes after this grow.
I had to meddle with a fan on the inside wall last week and dropped it. The grill came off when it hit the floor and the jungle is so thick I can't find it back there so maybe a plant ate it, IDK. But I'm not messing around with that until the plants are out after seeing how beefy these new fans are.

:
:
New clone machine is here so now I gotta get to steppin on getting the old machine out to G$ and trick out his cloning game after I print out a new standpipe for the replacement pump I stuck in there

IMG_6621.JPG

Hehehehehe

IMG_6615.JPG

Feels weird having these cars in my house. I got them in colors she likes so none of that hemp shit paint scheme on the #8 but I'm gonna do like you said and give it to her upside down:ROFLMAO:

Yeah here's those 'tillas! They do sell some on amazon but they're like $15 and bro a package of tillas should be like no more than $3 so IDK about those.
Usually green tillas are made with spinach but these are made with nopales which is the green paddle of a prickly pear cactus

IMG_6624.JPG

This badboy is going on the pit around 5am tomorrow. I just rubbed it down and have it in the fridge to get all gooey overnight.
Broke some tradition here with the green rub traditionalist BBQ snobs might turn up their nose at but they don't know what they're missing with green chile rubs. They think it's just for pork & chicken and have no idea how awesome it is with beef. They act like me and beans in chili when it comes to green sauces and beef.🤪

IMG_6622.JPG

Pepper drop!!! That time of year again!🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️

IMG_6607.JPG

The stalk on that Straight JAcket looks just like the watermellon gelato I grew recently.

Why do we have to constantly redo our growspaces? Are we ever going to be done?

1. There's always room for improvement
2. Better shit than what we already have came out and we gotta have it
3. Pimpin was never meant to be ez
4. Never stop never stopping
5. Lets face it...building out and remodeling grow spaces is just fun!
:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Just beefier all around.
I heard they put all metal gears and shit inside em this time.
I might buy some gen 2s, i need 2 more fans for my 3x3 still lol.
now I gotta get to steppin on getting the old machine out to G$
Appreciate you brother 🙏🏼
This cloning shit has pissed me off lol.

Dude...Your gonna love these new fans!

View attachment 47312

View attachment 47313

I haven't put them on a scale but they feel twice as heavy as the gen 1 fans. Just beefier all around.
I'm gonna leave these boxed up and make the changes after this grow.
I had to meddle with a fan on the inside wall last week and dropped it. The grill came off when it hit the floor and the jungle is so thick I can't find it back there so maybe a plant ate it, IDK. But I'm not messing around with that until the plants are out after seeing how beefy these new fans are.
I agree. Very nice fans. Looks like they redesigned the oscillating function. I hooked mine up to the C67 after ACI sent me a molex adapter and it seems to be working pretty well. I noticed you can daisy chain them so that you only need to plug in one and the rest will pull from it. I saw someone else on another site do it with some sort of adapter that ACI sells.

yeah the new fans look stout, can't wait. i'm gonna use it to replace my vivosun in the veg cab. i hope i can use that new swing limits without the controller, i would really like to use that function. if it needs the controller that would be the arm twister for me getting one!!

man i have been so close to buying a turbo cloner more times than i can remember!! i've always been intrigued by their cooling design feature. not sure why when i need a heat mat under mine for ten months of the year!! hahaha but still have always thought that was a cool idea!! can't wait to hear your opinion of it once you use for it for a bit!!

i like that 99 scheme the best of all their wraps... and i guess if it's gotta be little bush then without the stupid fake weed is the lesser of the evils, good call!!! that's great you're gonna flip it on it's lid.. i'm sure you'll get an eye or a smirk on that one!!!!! hahahaha
yesterday my girl gave me a little flag so i have something to wave indoors!!!!! it's one of those made to clamp in a car window but it's staying inside!!!
001.JPG

and ya know man i might have seen those tortilla's at a specialty shop in town and just assumed they were spinach, i'm gonna have to check em out now.. kinda makes more sense now that i think about it because there were two different shade greens... the place was packed with people and i was there for meat and the butcher side had no waiting so i grabbed my stuff and ran!! next time i'll look and check em out. i'm not a big fan of the tiny size though, my woman is, she likes the two biter's.. i want a whole damn taco, not a little piece of one!!! hahahaha it's like those "fun size" candy bars... what's so fun about a chocolate bar that tiny??!?!?!?1 wtf?? over!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

i hear ya on the green chilis man, whenever i go to a restaurant rare anymore but when i do and they have the red or green sauce i always reach for the the green!!

I heard they put all metal gears and shit inside em this time.
I might buy some gen 2s, i need 2 more fans for my 3x3 still lol.

Appreciate you brother 🙏🏼
This cloning shit has pissed me off lol.

I have spare fans too! You mind a pair of Vivosuns?
I got this trait I inherited from my mom. Whenever we'd visit her, she'd sneak out and load the trunk of our car with stuff. Art, towels, sewing machine, blankets, all kinds of shit she'd been hoarding and would dump on us. Now you'll feel that wrath of me cramming all kinds of things I either have two of or upgraded at some point. I do this to Stoney too...I have something I'm not using I box it up and send it to him to get rid of it :ROFLMAO:

I agree. Very nice fans. Looks like they redesigned the oscillating function. I hooked mine up to the C67 after ACI sent me a molex adapter and it seems to be working pretty well. I noticed you can daisy chain them so that you only need to plug in one and the rest will pull from it. I saw someone else on another site do it with some sort of adapter that ACI sells.

Daisy chaining is a total game changer! I almost unboxed them and did this today just to try it out but I got my mind off it. I'm so tempted to play with these fans though it aint even funny.😋

yeah the new fans look stout, can't wait. i'm gonna use it to replace my vivosun in the veg cab. i hope i can use that new swing limits without the controller, i would really like to use that function. if it needs the controller that would be the arm twister for me getting one!!

man i have been so close to buying a turbo cloner more times than i can remember!! i've always been intrigued by their cooling design feature. not sure why when i need a heat mat under mine for ten months of the year!! hahaha but still have always thought that was a cool idea!! can't wait to hear your opinion of it once you use for it for a bit!!

i like that 99 scheme the best of all their wraps... and i guess if it's gotta be little bush then without the stupid fake weed is the lesser of the evils, good call!!! that's great you're gonna flip it on it's lid.. i'm sure you'll get an eye or a smirk on that one!!!!! hahahaha
yesterday my girl gave me a little flag so i have something to wave indoors!!!!! it's one of those made to clamp in a car window but it's staying inside!!!
View attachment 47348

and ya know man i might have seen those tortilla's at a specialty shop in town and just assumed they were spinach, i'm gonna have to check em out now.. kinda makes more sense now that i think about it because there were two different shade greens... the place was packed with people and i was there for meat and the butcher side had no waiting so i grabbed my stuff and ran!! next time i'll look and check em out. i'm not a big fan of the tiny size though, my woman is, she likes the two biter's.. i want a whole damn taco, not a little piece of one!!! hahahaha it's like those "fun size" candy bars... what's so fun about a chocolate bar that tiny??!?!?!?1 wtf?? over!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

i hear ya on the green chilis man, whenever i go to a restaurant rare anymore but when i do and they have the red or green sauce i always reach for the the green!!

If you go for a controller wait for a prime day sale man. I thought I might need a second but if these fans can be daisy chained then I wont need it.

The cloner is funny bro. I kinda feel like I stole it. IDK how dude got it but he had other turbo cloner parts and it all may have come from a hydroshop liquidation sale in Nevada. Looks like he usually sells motorcycle parts but has these TKs too. I think he priced it wrong because it was the same price as a 24 site with free shipping. And it's new in box so I got the thing for like half it's original retail value!

IDK if I'll need the fan part, never had to cool down a cloner and I even ran my Ez Clone out on the deck in 90 degree heat and still set roots on a mixed batch of plants for the yard. Main thing I needed was large capacity and for it to be a lowrider

But now I'm going back and forth on doing another fem run just like I'm doing now or go ahead and test my regular seeds and clone them.
Between those GPS fems you sent and this weekend gobbling up more in RA I'm really leaning toward the fem run again.
Also wanna dive back into Frozen Custard. I never said much about it but holy fuck that's a good cut of weed. Mine was accidentally pollinated so I have to sift seeds from it which I'm keeping but I wouldn't be mad at having a 1/4lb of sensi from that one.
The Sweets you sent has me intrigued as well.
I think if I can get this ACOG cut for about $20 I'll definitely do another all fem run

have spare fans too! You mind a pair of Vivosuns?
I got this trait I inherited from my mom. Whenever we'd visit her, she'd sneak out and load the trunk of our car with stuff. Art, towels, sewing machine, blankets, all kinds of shit she'd been hoarding and would dump on us. Now you'll feel that wrath of me cramming all kinds of things I either have two of or upgraded at some point. I do this to Stoney too...I have something I'm not using I box it up and send it to him to get rid of it :ROFLMAO:
Hahaha 😆
I'm not gonna say no man, I have 2 vivos in my 4x4 and they work fine for my needs.
I think we all dump stuff on people, i do it all the time too🤣

Seems a lot of people got their fan upgrades because this morning in my email from ebay regarding used grow gear for sale a bunch of listings popped up for used ACI gen 1 fans.
Dust on the blades included😵‍💫

:
:
Been a productive morning.
Put a brisket on the pit at 3:30am and watched the RA's on GPS

After the dust settled I got all these for $105 this weekend
Valley Chem -10 Regular
Tahoe Animal -6 fem
Gellazzi - 6 fem
Purple Cake -6 fem
AC/OG -6 fem

🙃

you got some good ones right there!! only one pack of regs, looks like you'll do one more fem run?

i scored a pack of purple blizzard my timing was a off and no other deals looked good enough. i really can't fit anymore packs in my vault anyway.

how bout that grand marshal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope ya dvr'd the race.. got some red flag (non) action!!

you got some good ones right there!! only one pack of regs, looks like you'll do one more fem run?

i scored a pack of purple blizzard my timing was a off and no other deals looked good enough. i really can't fit anymore packs in my vault anyway.

how bout that grand marshal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope ya dvr'd the race.. got some red flag (non) action!!

Watching live today and still rastlin' with a brisket!
#5 is a rocket ship today!!

Time to buzz the towers 🙃

I am super happy with this grow! The aroma is so dang loud in there too. I don't smell anything but wicked loud roadkill dead skunk. Any other aroma is being stepped on by that skunky dank and it's starting to get a little nauseating. I bet by harvest walking in here will make me gag a little:sick:

One thing I'm liking is how strong the main stalks have become. I have the net and yoyos but those stalks being that stout are holding up well. I've had multi top plants in the past with smaller buds already falling over by now but these girls are some tough ol broads 💪

Many have started taking up less water as then end is nearing. Time to cut feeding IMO and only give them candy.
I think by the last weekend of this month and maybe a few days before that, the harvest window will be opening on more than half the ladies in the room
:
:
:
Well I went ahead and bought a Herb Now Dryer.😎
At first, after unboxing I was bummed out because it was like Stoney said, nothing I grow will fit in there. The trays are super shallow but after looking closer the bottoms of each tray can be removed to make space.
So while it does have 5 trays, it's more like 3 deep trays

IMG_6632.JPG

I think I can maybe fit two plants in it at a time. One full plant for sure after bucking it up off the stems
So I'll be doing several types of drying at harvest...machine, whole plant, and branches
Now I gotta order up some new Groves for this haul....

Time to buzz the towers 🙃

I am super happy with this grow! The aroma is so dang loud in there too. I don't smell anything but wicked loud roadkill dead skunk. Any other aroma is being stepped on by that skunky dank and it's starting to get a little nauseating. I bet by harvest walking in here will make me gag a little:sick:

One thing I'm liking is how strong the main stalks have become. I have the net and yoyos but those stalks being that stout are holding up well. I've had multi top plants in the past with smaller buds already falling over by now but these girls are some tough ol broads 💪

Many have started taking up less water as then end is nearing. Time to cut feeding IMO and only give them candy.
I think by the last weekend of this month and maybe a few days before that, the harvest window will be opening on more than half the ladies in the room
:
:
:
Well I went ahead and bought a Herb Now Dryer.😎
At first, after unboxing I was bummed out because it was like Stoney said, nothing I grow will fit in there. The trays are super shallow but after looking closer the bottoms of each tray can be removed to make space.
So while it does have 5 trays, it's more like 3 deep trays

View attachment 47819

I think I can maybe fit two plants in it at a time. One full plant for sure after bucking it up off the stems
So I'll be doing several types of drying at harvest...machine, whole plant, and branches
Now I gotta order up some new Groves for this haul....
Really close to pulling the trigger on one of these. Thanks to you and @rocj77 for guinea pigging it for us!

Curious to see what you think.

Back
Top Bottom