True Confessions of an American Outlaw

Day 56 from dry seed, 8th week of the grow
Spring is in full swing and temps have been soaring. High 80s up to 93 in the room daily. Yucca extract is paying off giving them heat tolerance.
Exhaust and fresh air intake is off control and on 24/7
Several plants are signaling it's safe to go ahead and start plucking leaves
One gorilla butter, the hard charger out of the gate, is entering the harvest window already but I'm giving her time. I may get to test the herb dryer as early as 10 days from now with her.
The rest are looking like 70-80 days and the slow pokes, 85.

The near ripe GB S1

IMG_6649.JPG

IMG_6647.JPG

Straight Jacket mutant is a doppelganger of Gage Greens Transformer but a little more green than silver

IMG_6648.JPG

Another Straight Jacket pheno is a dead ringer for Ript Banana. I have 3 SJ plants and two phenos of it. One I call Transformer and the other Banana. Growing it again I'd prefer the banana pheno only because I know what's coming from that and it rhymes with duper truckin boat ant.😵

IMG_6652.JPG

IMG_6650.JPG

IMG_6654.JPG

IMG_6655.JPG

IMG_6656.JPG

IMG_6657.JPG

IMG_6658.JPG

IMG_6660.JPG

IMG_6661.JPG

IMG_6664.JPG

IMG_6665.JPG

IMG_6666.JPG

Got action! Weather has been so good I'm not gonna keep these inside. They'll be potted outdoors and I'll save on some electricity in the tent⚡

IMG_6645.JPG

Putting the roster together for the next grow😵‍💫

IMG_6668.JPG

Last edited:
unreal... i think i was in 12/12 already when i was joking and said wanna race... i went back and looked, you just flipped on the 25th of january... you better not harvest before me you fcker!!!!!! how da fuck did you still beat me??? i'm baffled!!!!

i've always liked the name motown lockdown!!!! :cool:

i read SHR is leaving ford after this season!! is this true?

unreal... i think i was in 12/12 already when i was joking and said wanna race... i went back and looked, you just flipped on the 25th of january... you better not harvest before me you fcker!!!!!! how da fuck did you still beat me??? i'm baffled!!!!

i've always liked the name motown lockdown!!!! :cool:

i read SHR is leaving ford after this season!! is this true?

Hehe and I was thinking this Dude doesn't know it yet but I'm 'bout to run him down!:devilish:
I just bring speed to the grow Brother. The kinda speed Eleanor Roosevelt loves...That hot, nasty, baddass speed.🏎️🚀

Yep seeds were dropped on January 11 and it's been all gas no brakes since then.
No Winter sure did help. Y'all up there have like 100 days or so of Winter, balls deep in snow. I didn't even have 100 hours of Winter this year.
Kept 'em warm, no veg time, executed a plan I've done many times before, and just let it rip.
No topping and instead planting for density kept 'em speedy too.
The hybrids will take longer than those that are near pure indica like the Gorilla Butter but it's clear to me now if I'm growing indis....Seed to weed in 60 days Homie!!! 80 days or less on hybrids.

BTW you do know the seeds I haven't even dropped yet will be ready before your mainlines right?🤣
Just thought I'd prepare you for that😋

Man I did not know SHR and Ford's contract is up after 2024 and yeah it looks like a mutual parting of ways. All the tealeaves are saying it's Honda.
I'm dissappointed but I'll keep an open mind about it. I know Honda is a baddass in the open wheel game so we'll see.
I love them damn Ponies though. My wife's first car was a Mustang and I've always said if I ever get a muscle car it will be a Mustang.
I had to look at Hondas website to even see if they have a sports car and they kinda do. It is a Civic and they tagged it the Type R

honda-civic-type-r-tc.jpg

BTW you do know the seeds I haven't even dropped yet will be ready before your mainlines right?🤣
Just thought I'd prepare you for that😋

haha yeah i'm aware!! hell the toppings i took from my mainlines are gonna be finished before the mainlines do!!! hahaha

Man I did not know SHR and Ford's contract is up after 2024 and yeah it looks like a mutual parting of ways. All the tealeaves are saying it's Honda.
I'm dissappointed but I'll keep an open mind about it. I know Honda is a baddass in the open wheel game so we'll see.
I love them damn Ponies though. My wife's first car was a Mustang and I've always said if I ever get a muscle car it will be a Mustang.
I had to look at Hondas website to even see if they have a sports car and they kinda do. It is a Civic and they tagged it the Type R

i just saw it as a rumor from a youtube dude and really wasn't sure if it's true... to be honest i haven't looked at honda at all... i just hope if they do buy their way in that they bring a coupe. i'm not sure if honda even makes one of those anymore. imo sedans have no business in racing. thats just me though.

practice on later today... new aero package!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha yeah i'm aware!! hell the toppings i took from my mainlines are gonna be finished before the mainlines do!!! hahaha

i just saw it as a rumor from a youtube dude and really wasn't sure if it's true... to be honest i haven't looked at honda at all... i just hope if they do buy their way in that they bring a coupe. i'm not sure if honda even makes one of those anymore. imo sedans have no business in racing. thats just me though.

practice on later today... new aero package!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha I'm just fucking with ya bro....

One thing I've learned here watching racing over the past couple years is those guys cannot keep a secret at all!!
So if a weird rumor comes out usually in the next few months it becomes fact.

I here ya on the sedans. Those old races with Monte Carlos and Luminas are just weird.
I so wish Dodge would get back in the game. We need to see some HellCats running laps not just running from cops!

just released today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I. Want. That. Car.
:
:
Wife's B-day today! 🥳I don't dare ask her age but gotta helluva day planned up.
Started last night with an awesome catered dinner of fajitas with all the fixins, diablo shrimp, and bbq quail. Finally popped open that bottle of Dom too. Good stuff!🍾🥂

Gonna go bowling today! First time for both of us since the Regan administration and it's at one of those fancy disco like bowling alleys. They also have bumper cars so we might go have some couples therapy with that.😎
After an hour or so bowling it's off to the city of New Braunfels where they have an old school vintage style drive-in theater. We'll spin the truck around, put up some lawn chairs in the bed, wrap up in Rumples, and take in a horror movie double feature, Imaginary and Madame Web

This looks freaky AF!!!

This looks like a female spiderman who can see the future and it's a Marvel movie so it can be hit or miss

:
:
:
So....the upcoming eclipse.
Is anybody else living in a city where the people are losing their shit over this?
We're a month out and the county has already declared a local disaster. People are in a panic and starting to hoard food, water, and gas.
From what I gather, central Texas is the place to be for this. The loonies are coming out of the wood work for it too. And it's being politicized like every other fucking thing. Magats think Biden is killing the Sun to postpone the election. The left wants everybody to shelter in place, wear a mask, and collect a stimulus check. People are actually thinking planes will fall out of the sky. Neighborhood forums are just a melting pot of fucking crazy right now.
So I'm joining in the mayhem too.
This is me losing my shit and gearing up for what I'm sure will be the zombie apocalypse when this thing starts

IMG_6675.JPG

We have 3 different drive ins we choose from here in NY~!
Short season, but love going. Can't wait for the season to get here.

You are killing it with the no veg.
How do you think it would work for those without adjustable spectrum lights?

Best wishes for your wife to have a Happy Birthday~!🥳

We have 3 different drive ins we choose from here in NY~!
Short season, but love going. Can't wait for the season to get here.

You are killing it with the no veg.
How do you think it would work for those without adjustable spectrum lights?

Best wishes for your wife to have a Happy Birthday~!🥳

Thanks Buddy!🩲🩲🩲
I doubt I'll hit as high of yield I thought I could with some simply underperforming on yield but many are testers so if I did this with clones I'm betting that 40oz mark could be had. Right now I think it will be around 25-30oz but the speed and fast turnaround I'm pretty sure will nearly double my past yields annually just by being able to grow more smaller plants at a faster rate.

Drive-in are just the best! I even have a projector and outdoor screen where I set up my own theater. During the covid lockdowns I was hosting watch parties in the driveway since all the theaters were closed

I think no veg would be fine without the adjustment. I went to full power rather fast pushing these girls without nearly the number of adjustments I've done in the past. I started the spectramax at around 75% and not more than 2 weeks later it was at 100%.
With no adjustable lighting I'd probably use a regular plant starter light like a T5HO or 200 watt LED at the most then at flip go to a high power light but keep it up high until they acclimate then slowly lower it each day🤘

happy birthday to you wife!!!! hope you guys are having a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i didn't even know there was an eclipse coming.. 😆

🩲 🩲 🩲 Stoney! We had a blast bro!
Wife rolled a strike her very first roll ever!🎳🎳🎳
Movies were meh but a bad movie at a cool drive in is still a really great time.
Got home late and watched the NXS race on DVR. Man that sucked for the #7.

Yeah there's a total eclipse coming April 8th! Moon is gonna fully cover the Sun for a few minutes. I'm gonna try to plan it so I drop beans during the 4 minute or so blackout🌑

Gotta few things on the to-do list today.
#1 is the pump in my watering tank/compost tea brewer took a shit last week. So I had to plunder the pump from the ez clone machine I've giving to G$ to get thru the past two waterings. A new pump is here but I'm changing it all up and instead will use my Yeti tank and put it on wheels. So that's one repair that has to be done asap and can't wait.

And I'm taking a Gorilla Butter plant down today. She's ready and the extra trays for the herb now dryer are here so it's ready too.
I'm also gonna attempt to take some of her resinous fan leaves and preserve them for cannagar wraps. These leaves are super huge and healthy with a fine dusting of frost so they'd be prime for that. I just hope I do it well and can use them.🤞

Ordered my Grove bags and finally got a shipping rate I can live with. 15 'Murica 2oz bags will be here Wednesday🇺🇲

Well here's to a productive Sunday and I get to watch the racing live today! Hopefully the end looks a little like this!

Screenshot 2024-03-10 105840.png

Herb Now Dryer test run
Since the dryer is in my g/room I set it up inside the tent with the door closed and the exhaust on to keep it in the dark and so the spectramax isn't putting light on it

Top branch of a Gorilla Butter

IMG_6677.JPG

IMG_6679.JPG

I'm taking measurments of the very top bud
It weighs 14g wet and flower measures 117mm long X 60mm wide. Stem is not included in the measurement

IMG_6681.JPG

Pleasantly surprised at the available space using two trays with one tray's screen removed to increase depth

IMG_6682.JPG

I turned it on and set the timer for 96 hours but will check it every day

:
:
:
My attempt at drying, curing, then storing flat leaves to make cannagar wraps.
I put down newsprint then a single layer of leaves, whole and blades. Then I covered it with another layer of newprint and put a heavy book on top.
When they're dry I'll do the same but with parchment paper and try to seal them up trying to preserve them without them decomposing or turning to dust.
They'll probably be super fragile so when it comes time to wrap I'll have to hydrate them in a shallow dish of purified water, pat dry, then wrap a cannagar

IMG_6685.JPG

IMG_6687.JPG

Last edited:
14 is holding it down!!!!! really tough to pass so far!! first pit stops coming up!!!!

so that fancy digital stuff on the front is just a timer? no heat adjustment? maybe i could give mine a try then, i just assumed yours had heat settings.

ah shitty deal for the 5.... coming back in!! startin in the back!!

14 is holding it down!!!!! really tough to pass so far!! first pit stops coming up!!!!

so that fancy digital stuff on the front is just a timer? no heat adjustment? maybe i could give mine a try then, i just assumed yours had heat settings.

ah shitty deal for the 5.... coming back in!! startin in the back!!

JINX on the 14!!!!!!:ROFLMAO:
#5 is coming back up thru the field!!!😲

Those fucking Gibbs cars though🤢🤮🤬

Yeah that's just a timer and an on/off button.
I don't believe there's any heat involved other than maybe fan friction but if I popped it open I doubt I see a heating element.
Right now I'd compare it more to a rack dryer but one with an enclosed and semi controlled environment than I would a food dehydrator
The speed will come from the flowers not having much stem to slow it down and string out the dry.

Here's the environment they recommend using it

We recommend using the HerbsNOW dryer in an environment between 60 – 78 Fahrenheit with humidity levels between 40 – 60%.

Environments outside of these conditions could result in faster or slower dry times. You will want to dial in the dry time using HerbsNOW based on your individual environment.

But yeah I think this is a rack dryer and in the bottom is a silicone sheet over a fan. The sheet and towers of racks creates a circulating air flow that seems to dry and also prevent flattening out from gravity like hanging rack dryers.

Right now my g/room is at 84F and 35%RH. Inside the dryer is 80F and 40%.

I'm also thinking I can stretch it's capacity by building a tower of racks and rotating them daily

How about the #10!!!! And 14 coming back!!!

JINX on the 14!!!!!!:ROFLMAO:
#5 is coming back up thru the field!!!😲

Those fucking Gibbs cars though🤢🤮🤬

I don't believe there's any heat involved other than maybe fan friction but if I popped it open I doubt I see a heating element.
Right now I'd compare it more to a rack dryer but one with an enclosed and semi controlled environment than I would a food dehydrator
The speed will come from the flowers not having much stem to slow it down and string out the dry.

But yeah I think this is a rack dryer and in the bottom is a silicone sheet over a fan. The sheet and towers of racks creates a circulating air flow that seems to dry and also prevent flattening out from gravity like hanging rack dryers.

I'm also thinking I can stretch it's capacity by building a tower of racks and rotating them daily

i really like that #10 wrap this week!!! i'm back a few minutes.. larson needs to bump the 12 out!! hehehe

brisky got a top 10 car for sure!!! hope he finishes well!!!!!

so i gotta ask, did you guys keep score last night? did ya let your wife win on her b-day?

yesterday i had some leftover chili for lunch... put a bunch of that thc hot sauce you gave me in it... sat down started watching NHRA and next thing ya know i was out snoozin for like two hours!!! hahahaha

C'mon #14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i really like that #10 wrap this week!!! i'm back a few minutes.. larson needs to bump the 12 out!! hehehe

brisky got a top 10 car for sure!!! hope he finishes well!!!!!

so i gotta ask, did you guys keep score last night? did ya let your wife win on her b-day?

yesterday i had some leftover chili for lunch... put a bunch of that thc hot sauce you gave me in it... sat down started watching NHRA and next thing ya know i was out snoozin for like two hours!!! hahahaha

C'mon #14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep score? Hell yeah man we don't do participation awards around here!
Let her win? Fuck no!!! I roll to win and after every roll I dropped a crotch chop just to let her know it's my house and she's just paying rent!!

pete-weber-bowling.gif

:ROFLMAO:
Nah for real man we didn't know WTF we were doing, just having fun.
By the time we figured out the scoring and quit cleaning up each others frames I think we were about even.;)

Yep that's why I still have a bunch of drinkables and two more bottles of that sauce! They're knock out punches but good to know if I ever need a good deep sleep have some of that!:sleep:💤💤💤

Let her win? Fuck no!!! I roll to win and after every roll I dropped a crotch chop just to let her know it's my house and she's just paying rent!!

View attachment 48912

By the time we figured out the scoring and quit cleaning up each others frames I think we were about even.;)

Yep that's why I still have a bunch of drinkables and two more bottles of that sauce! They're knock out punches but good to know if I ever need a good deep sleep have some of that!:sleep:💤💤💤
Hahahahahaa fkn Pete Weber 😂😅

oh, then that is way different than what i have.. about the only thing similar is that's our are both round and have plastic trays. mine has a heating element in it and no fan.

looking forward to seeing how it works for ya!!!

View attachment 48912

thats freakin funny!!!! i'm reading along you had me going!!! i'm like no he didn't... hahaha!!!!!

Herb Now Dryer test run
Since the dryer is in my g/room I set it up inside the tent with the door closed and the exhaust on to keep it in the dark and so the spectramax isn't putting light on it

Top branch of a Gorilla Butter

View attachment 48713

View attachment 48714

I'm taking measurments of the very top bud
It weighs 14g wet and flower measures 117mm long X 60mm wide. Stem is not included in the measurement

View attachment 48715

Pleasantly surprised at the available space using two trays with one tray's screen removed to increase depth

View attachment 48716

I turned it on and set the timer for 96 hours but will check it every day

:
:
:
My attempt at drying, curing, then storing flat leaves to make cannagar wraps.
I put down newsprint then a single layer of leaves, whole and blades. Then I covered it with another layer of newprint and put a heavy book on top.
When they're dry I'll do the same but with parchment paper and try to seal them up trying to preserve them without them decomposing or turning to dust.
They'll probably be super fragile so when it comes time to wrap I'll have to hydrate them in a shallow dish of purified water, pat dry, then wrap a cannagar

View attachment 48717

View attachment 48718
I'd feel better if those cannagar leafs were between some brown butcher paper instead of newsprint that's got ammonia and ink getting on your wraps.....😟

oh, then that is way different than what i have.. about the only thing similar is that's our are both round and have plastic trays. mine has a heating element in it and no fan.

looking forward to seeing how it works for ya!!!

thats freakin funny!!!! i'm reading along you had me going!!! i'm like no he didn't... hahaha!!!!!

Hehe Gotcha!!
Good race today and cool to see the bowtie early dominance be broken.
Still holding up good in the pool and now I have the #45 @ Bristol🙃
#14 is close though and I think he gets a win soon✌️

I'd feel better if those cannagar leafs were between some brown butcher paper instead of newsprint that's got ammonia and ink getting on your wraps.....😟

I feel great knowing that paper is the most aerated and porous sheets one can have for curing leaves and comes from the Hippie Chronicles, made from unbleached tree pulp and soy ink.🧞‍♂️

In other words....Don't panic, it's organic🤘

Hehe Gotcha!!
Good race today and cool to see the bowtie early dominance be broken.
Still holding up good in the pool and now I have the #45 @ Bristol🙃
#14 is close though and I think he gets a win soon✌️

I feel great knowing that paper is the most aerated and porous sheets one can have for curing leaves and comes from the Hippie Chronicles, made from unbleached tree pulp and soy ink.🧞‍♂️

In other words....Don't panic, it's organic🤘
I worked at the Houston Chronicle 20 years ago, soy ink is right. SS

View attachment 48912

I believed you~!🎳
At first I thought oh how cool she got a strike on her first roll and then I thought the game is on~!🏆

I heard about a "Total Eclipse" but the B-Day how was it, you cook,clean?

It was great Buddy thanks for asking!
I didn't cook and instead had a fancy meal catered here at the house. I thought about hiring a maid to come in and clean the house but I was too late on the booking by the time I called and plus I have a grow in full bloom stinking up the place.
I don't ever clean the house really. Our chores are split so she does most of the indoor cleaning while my chores are yardwork, repairs, shopping, most of the cooking, landscaping, travel planning. I do pretty much everything but clean the inside of the house, dishes, and laundry. ;)

I worked at the Houston Chronicle 20 years ago, soy ink is right. SS

Yep soy is pretty much the standard these days. This is the Austin Chronicle which is news for hippies by hippies and they make a big deal about their paper being plant based and compostable. I also use it when I make paper pots for veggie seedlings. Plant it directly in soil and it becomes worm food.

I believed you~!🎳
At first I thought oh how cool she got a strike on her first roll and then I thought the game is on~!🏆

TBH I thought she might embarrass me but I think it was beginners and birthday girl luck. We each had 3 strikes on the day but more gutter balls than we can count.

We made chocolate coconut oatmeal vape cookies. Everyone loved them but we all lost time. 🤣

That's why you'll never see me making edibles. Last time I made cannabutter and using it everything was giving me the hit by a train feeling. Never got high off shrimp scampi before that and never will again how hard it hits.
My wife is scared of them because the last time she ate a chunk of cannachocolate it made her sleep and get bedrot for two days

It was great Buddy thanks for asking!
I didn't cook and instead had a fancy meal catered here at the house. I thought about hiring a maid to come in and clean the house but I was too late on the booking by the time I called and plus I have a grow in full bloom stinking up the place.
I don't ever clean the house really. Our chores are split so she does most of the indoor cleaning while my chores are yardwork, repairs, shopping, most of the cooking, landscaping, travel planning. I do pretty much everything but clean the inside of the house, dishes, and laundry. ;)

Yep soy is pretty much the standard these days. This is the Austin Chronicle which is news for hippies by hippies and they make a big deal about their paper being plant based and compostable. I also use it when I make paper pots for veggie seedlings. Plant it directly in soil and it becomes worm food.

TBH I thought she might embarrass me but I think it was beginners and birthday girl luck. We each had 3 strikes on the day but more gutter balls than we can count.

That's why you'll never see me making edibles. Last time I made cannabutter and using it everything was giving me the hit by a train feeling. Never got high off shrimp scampi before that and never will again how hard it hits.
My wife is scared of them because the last time she ate a chunk of cannachocolate it made her sleep and get bedrot for two days
Raising my soy latte to the hippies at the Austin Chronicle!!!😛

Edibles we’ve bought either don’t work for me or, if I take more, can make me nauseous. (So does adding tobacco to weed)

The cookies did make me sleep longer most times. But I’ve found after having them so often they bung me up bad. Insomnia I can deal with. 🤣

Most we’ve given them too find them strong. Half or one is good. A buddy we gave a box to will eat one, get the munchies, eat another, etc. We only give him four or less at a time now. Prior we lost him for a week. 🤦

Edibles we’ve bought either don’t work for me or, if I take more, can make me nauseous. (So does adding tobacco to weed)

The cookies did make me sleep longer most times. But I’ve found after having them so often they bung me up bad. Insomnia I can deal with. 🤣

Most we’ve given them too find them strong. Half or one is good. A buddy we gave a box to will eat one, get the munchies, eat another, etc. We only give him four or less at a time now. Prior we lost him for a week. 🤦
I can totally relate to the "my friend ate too many cookies" situation.

Making use of the Pulse One raffle winning!

IMG_6689.JPG

I'm tripping on this dryer Y'all! These conditions are so far out of range of what I know is right but if this is wrong then maybe I don't wanna be right!🙃

Screenshot 2024-03-11 141832.png

Room conditions are 90F x 30%RH
Timer is down to 71 hours remaining and the test bud has lost two grams of weight so far.
The nutty thing is how loud the aroma is coming out of the dryer with just that little bit of pot in there. I wanna live in it!
I don't believe it's drying too fast either. A regular dehydrator woulda had these dry and crispy by this morning but this is a gentle dry.
Also very happy they're not flattening out like what regular rack dryers do to flowers

And the Pulse One monitor has me all :love: :love: :love: :love:
I'm so impressed with the device and app I went ahead and got super naughty and invested in the Pulse Pro
Yeah that Pulse Pro!!! The one that does everything including PPFD and spectrum charts!!! I can't wait to see what this lighting array shows on the screen
So no more wonky Ukranian military surplus par meter for this guy!!

I'm also happy to announce I'm past my Platinum strain bias. :cool:
IDK WTF I had in Denver but it wasn't this because I might have a new fave in the GPS line up and her name is Platinum Frosting

IMG_6688.JPG

This is some cool ass real time shit right here. :love:
PAR readings taken next to colas at various levels between Sprectramax + Gen 1 ss550, Spectramax + Gen 2 ss550, and the Spectramax by itself.
So yeah, this is what I'm throwing at my garden right now in real time at max power.
Light efficiency is hitting at 97% so next I wanna find that last 3% and also compare these charts to CLW charts they use to advertise.
Somewhere buried in this data is info that will tell be the very best height to run my lights and to ensure there are no dead spots making the whole footprint a sweet spot.
I'm very close at 97% but it can be better and I'm also wondering if the lost 3% is just because I have a canopy that varies in height

spectrum 5.png

spectrum#1.png

spectrum2.png

spectrum4.png

Over at the herb now dryer test the bud is down to 7 grams and there's 44 hours left on the timer so it's about half way thru. One of the smaller buds is near ready and the test bud is starting to get some stiffness in the stem

IMG_6691.JPG

Herb Now test smoke after 90 hours

IMG_6700.JPG

IMG_6702.JPG

I'm so happy with the thing I ordered the 5 pack of green trays so I can change up the configuration by having 3 flat trays in the bottom for small nugs to dry and up top in the green all but the top screens will be removed so I can hang dry large colas in it ✌️

Back
Top Bottom