True Confessions of an American Outlaw

Thanks both of you guys!!!!

i used an email that i don't check daily, went and looked and had the same message from them.

i'm still kinda shocked that they're doing this.

Indeed bro I'm just kinda trippin' on it! Went and took a nap then woke up with a shipping confirmation in my inbox.🥳
Yeah if you want a loyal customer this is one sure way to get 'em.

The nutty thing is I couldn't be more happy with what I have already! Found they don't like to run sideways and have an up down oscillation but whoop de doo. No fan really likes that and as soon as I set it up vertical it's been working as it should.

I can see myself boxing up the Vivos then getting another ACI controller for my west wall then have 4 fans on one wall and 2 on the other without having to splice more and have the control cord running across the wall. And then controlling it all with the app is just tits on top!!

Indeed bro I'm just kinda trippin' on it! Went and took a nap then woke up with a shipping confirmation in my inbox.🥳
Yeah if you want a loyal customer this is one sure way to get 'em.

The nutty thing is I couldn't be more happy with what I have already! Found they don't like to run sideways and have an up down oscillation but whoop de doo. No fan really likes that and as soon as I set it up vertical it's been working as it should.

I can see myself boxing up the Vivos then getting another ACI controller for my west wall then have 4 fans on one wall and 2 on the other without having to splice more and have the control cord running across the wall. And then controlling it all with the app is just tits on top!!
Agree. My guy over at ACI is Nick and he's been nothing but great!! My T3 probe port got weird and I sent him a message asking what I should do. He sent me back an invoice showing that he had just shipped a new one to me. Invoice balance was zero. A few months later the probe stopped working. Sent him an email. Same deal. Invoice showing the probe being shipped with zero as the balance.

Couldn't be happier with their CS and their gear! Top notch in my book.

that so awesome!! i got my confirmation email too,, i'm gonna use it right away when i get it. i like the ACI movement better than the vivosun oscillator. ACI is smoother, faster, quieter, and just better.. and as much as i didn't think it would affect me, it will be awesome to get rid of the vivosun's wall wart!!!

do you guys know what they changed in this new version?

that so awesome!! i got my confirmation email too,, i'm gonna use it right away when i get it. i like the ACI movement better than the vivosun oscillator. ACI is smoother, faster, quieter, and just better.. and as much as i didn't think it would affect me, it will be awesome to get rid of the vivosun's wall wart!!!

do you guys know what they changed in this new version?
Long life EC motor
10 speeds + natural wind mode
10 variations of oscillation.

In other words it can run faster and jump higher and do more of it longer than the gen 1 fans 😋

oh wow i see that now... carbon steel gears versus plastic too!!!! :D

Steel gears in a fan are super rare!
I'm going to end up redoing my spectramax cooling.
After this grow I'll pull down the Ruck which is a loud power hog and then mount some of these ACI fans to the rafters to cool down the light's heat output. They'll be so much quieter and probably save me around 100 watts in day to day power use 🥳

DAMMIT! My Honeywell oscillator just broke! The fan works but the oscillator snapped. I guess I'll remove it from the base and mount it as a stationary in the tent.

I'm going to be adding in a gear mount wall for the next run so that I have all the gear I need mounted and ready to use. I'm going to use another wire shelf like I did for the roof mount but mount it vertically so that I can hang a 16" oscillator, probably a Hurricane as those are what I have used before when I was doing buildouts and they're fairly reliable, along with my camera and tent heater.

DAMMIT! My Honeywell oscillator just broke! The fan works but the oscillator snapped. I guess I'll remove it from the base and mount it as a stationary in the tent.

I'm going to be adding in a gear mount wall for the next run so that I have all the gear I need mounted and ready to use. I'm going to use another wire shelf like I did for the roof mount but mount it vertically so that I can hang a 16" oscillator, probably a Hurricane as those are what I have used before when I was doing buildouts and they're fairly reliable, along with my camera and tent heater.

My Ruck oscillator broke during it's first grow. It's a beast too and I thought it would be pretty baddass but it was just a waste of money on just about every level

ruck-300x300-copy.png

It's so loud too even on the lowest power setting. Might be more suitable for a large warehouse or greenhouse but not a spare room grow op

My Ruck oscillator broke during it's first grow. It's a beast too and I thought it would be pretty baddass but it was just a waste of money on just about every level

View attachment 46325

It's so loud too even on the lowest power setting. Might be more suitable for a large warehouse or greenhouse but not a spare room grow op
I was going to do it on this run but it just slipped my mind when I was doing the initial setup. What reminded me was when I saw that ACI just came out with one.

Here's the wire shelf roof mount I did.

roof rack.jpg

I was going to do it on this run but it just slipped my mind when I was doing the initial setup. What reminded me was when I saw that ACI just came out with one.

Here's the wire shelf roof mount I did.

View attachment 46327

Nice space saving ideas there!
I saw something similar when I bought my clone tent...Gorilla has several size boards like that for gear too and I thought how clever that was.
I think the stealth factor is gone with grow tents now but it would be cool to see outside mount gear racks too

Nice space saving ideas there!
I saw something similar when I bought my clone tent...Gorilla has several size boards like that for gear too and I thought how clever that was.
I think the stealth factor is gone with grow tents now but it would be cool to see outside mount gear racks too
I don't get why tent manufacturers haven't been including a roof and wall mount kit with their tents. It should be standard gear just like their roof poles. It's not like it would cost them all that much more to make a basic mounting system.

My idea with the wire shelf racks is a prime example. A 12'L x 16"W wire shelf costs around $25 retail. Mounting brackets. How much would that cost them if their having it manufactured by a 3rd party? I would guess it would cost them less than $5 a unit FOB China. Include it in their tent kits and the shipping costs would go away.

How do you differentiate yourself from all the other tent companies? Roof and wall mount kit included!! I'd buy it.......

Spent some time with the ladies today and I'm feeling extremely groovy about where this grow is headed.
Very happy they like the non ro water and are cool with just having the carbon, sediment, and chloramine removed

They get fed with every watering but the feeding is only at 1/10th strength and it alternates between Neptune's Tomato & Veggie and their liquid crab and lobster.
The next watering I'll start adding Foop Sweetener to the blend
They also get shots of Great White and King Crab 1x/week

There's a lot of pot in here at various stages of flower.
They've been allowed to pretty much do whatever they want. Free range organic indoor cannabis. 😋
Some short. Some tall. Some lean indica, some lean sativa but all are hybrids.

IMG_6542.JPG

IMG_6543.JPG

IMG_6545.JPG

IMG_6546.JPG

IMG_6547.JPG

IMG_6548.JPGIMG_6550.JPG

IMG_6551.JPG

IMG_6552.JPG

IMG_6553.JPG

Planning out the next grow now and am gonna dabble back into regular seeds for the first time in quite awhile.
Putting the roster together now but at least 50% will be home bred seeds. Two strains of 10 seeds from Cosmic Wisdom and if room another GPS fem.

Soil inventory is set with C0M Stonington🫠

IMG_6565.JPG

I'm going to be doing some cloning as well. I'll take clones before sexing then after sexing cull the male clones.
Unfortunately my Ez Clone machine is too tall for the clone tent so I've ordered up a 96 site low profile machine for the job. It should fit the tent like a glove

Screenshot 2024-02-24 162257.png

Hehehe.
LFG!!!!!
Team Dark Pony!!!🐎🐎🐎🐎

🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁

View attachment IMG_6563.MOV

wow wow wow!!!!! damn bro those buds!!!! you're still gonna beat me and i started a month before you did!!! 😆 😆

flags are badass!!! i hope the 10 team doesn't get in trouble, i'm sure you saw the roof deflector thing...
i'm watching the busch race now... behind on the dvr quite a bit. J love is on it!!!!

so i wanted to show ya this man, when i made those cheesecakes i cut your recipe in half only because i only had one stick of creamcheese so we only made four jars. we each ate one and gave the other two away to friends. my mom didn't even get any!!! so we had to make more today. my mom loves strawberries so i swapped out half the sugar and added a healthy squirt of strawberry syrup, and also swapped out the graham crackers for her favorite fudge stripped shortbread cookies crushed up...

002.JPG001.JPG

happy mama!!!!!

005.JPG

BTW... i used the coolest tamper on the planet!!!!!

003.JPG

and just in case that doesn't leave ya hungry enough i got one more for ya. ever since i made my first SV cheeseburger i couldn't help but think over and over, how would the sous vide do with a juicy lucy burger. like is boss is how!!!!!!!!!!!

004.JPG

ok sorry for the hijack, back to your regularly scheduled programming!!! 😁😁

wow wow wow!!!!! damn bro those buds!!!! you're still gonna beat me and i started a month before you did!!! 😆 😆

flags are badass!!! i hope the 10 team doesn't get in trouble, i'm sure you saw the roof deflector thing...
i'm watching the busch race now... behind on the dvr quite a bit. J love is on it!!!!

so i wanted to show ya this man, when i made those cheesecakes i cut your recipe in half only because i only had one stick of creamcheese so we only made four jars. we each ate one and gave the other two away to friends. my mom didn't even get any!!! so we had to make more today. my mom loves strawberries so i swapped out half the sugar and added a healthy squirt of strawberry syrup, and also swapped out the graham crackers for her favorite fudge stripped shortbread cookies crushed up...

View attachment 46364View attachment 46363

happy mama!!!!!

View attachment 46366

BTW... i used the coolest tamper on the planet!!!!!

View attachment 46365

and just in case that doesn't leave ya hungry enough i got one more for ya. ever since i made my first SV cheeseburger i couldn't help but think over and over, how would the sous vide do with a juicy lucy burger. like is boss is how!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 46367

ok sorry for the hijack, back to your regularly scheduled programming!!! 😁😁

🩲🩲🩲🩲Buddy!
I think I'm right around the midway point of this grow. Looking to finish at 80 days I believe this is day 45 or so. It'll be a staggered harvest and I'm bouncing around the idea of getting one of these drying machines I saw rocj using on his harvest then doing a combo of machine and hang dry

But yeah I'm super happy on so many levels from the garden not looking like a sloppy mess like my past two grows and it being an ez and cost efficient grow. Finally found my groove in this one where every piece fits completing the puzzle.

Haha I probably won't be hungry until tomorrow after having a Cabo Bob burrito the size of my head a couple hours ago.😵
Your burger just makes me feel even more full! 😋 That's a cool idea using the syrup and cookies! I bet Nilla wafers and snickerdoodle would make a great crust too.

Next week I'm making key lime pie for my wife's bday using this recipe

Yeah I saw that with the 10 and 41. If ya ain't cheatin you aint tryin must be the new motto at SHR.
Fords are strong again in qualifying so we'll see. I so wanna see a Briscoe 1st and Buecher 2nd tomorrow hahaha!
Love dominated until that last dang caution and ran out of gas. And here I was ready to buy his first win diecast! Welp maybe next week 🤠

Buds are looking real good there Bandit~!(y)
96 station cloner~!:oops:
If I can get to staggered harvest or lower numbers the dryer looks very interesting~!
Cheese cake and burger look great Stoney~!
Nilla wafers~!😋
Bum deal for Love.
He had if the others hadn't run him out of gas.

Buds are looking real good there Bandit~!(y)
96 station cloner~!:oops:
If I can get to staggered harvest or lower numbers the dryer looks very interesting~!
Cheese cake and burger look great Stoney~!
Nilla wafers~!😋
Bum deal for Love.
He had if the others hadn't run him out of gas.

🩲🩲🩲🩲Steam!
96 is more like 30 in pot grower math using these machines. 😋
But reading G$'s cloning thread and somebody saying the only reason that makes sense to cut leaves on clones is for spacing so I may start doing that and maybe get 40-45 slips in there. The more the better because I expect at least 50% males growing regs and the cloner will make up for the lost plants. I don't cut leaves so my 32 site machine was really more like 10-15 with large leaves in it.

That dryer does look really cool and looks like a better way than any other dehydrator results I've seen but yeah capacity is a question for sure

I forgot about the regulars.
My little tent is reaching its limit.
Imagine the bud sites you would have if you could have topped just once.
Running clones and or cutting for clones will get you more tops next grow.
I was thinking how good yours looked with nothing done as I was cutting mine up~!:LOL:
I am real interested to see how symmetry in training can play out like it does in uncut plants.

fuck man... 80 days?!?!?!

giphy.gif

i think the timing and speed is just a bonus right? i mean you're goal was cost savings, which you've done but speed is a bumper!!

i use one of those dryers for mushrooms, not the same one but a crude version. it would work great for some of it, the smaller buds would be fine. the larger buds wouldn't fit and the plates sit on top flattening the buds as they dry. and you'll need like ten of those things because i'm not sure you can even fit one plant in one, not one of your plants anyway. but for the smaller stuff and hang the big buds i bet you'll like it. it doesn't take up much room and you will find many other kitchen duties to multi use it!!!

man it seems like your s max and ss550's are jiving so nice together and almost compliment each other!!!!

i agree with the leaf cutting for space.. when i read that it clicked and having a smaller cloner again i can see myself maybe doing this as well.

gonna get my cloner mojo on tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wait up, it's OT on my tv and J love still has gas??? it's like watching the titanic, i already know whats gonna happen!!!! hahaha

i saw all those fords up front... larson's the lonely chevy!!!

wow SVG with a 3rd.. good for him!! that's not the type of racing he's used to so i bet he had fun!!

I forgot about the regulars.
My little tent is reaching its limit.
Imagine the bud sites you would have if you could have topped just once.
Running clones and or cutting for clones will get you more tops next grow.
I was thinking how good yours looked with nothing done as I was cutting mine up~!:LOL:
I am real interested to see how symmetry in training can play out like it does in uncut plants.

There's two roads to travel there.
Cut them and get more tops but also get a much wider plant which reduces the number I can grow by at least half.
Don't cut them and the plant stays in bounds allowing for more plants to be added to the footprint. More plants= more strains per grow. I have 8 strains in here where as before maybe 3-5 at most

Other factors to consider are speed since cutting slows down the progress and increases time in veg.
My main goal is to trim veg light time to as close to zero as possible so anything that increases time in veg hours is becoming more and more less desirable for me. 18/6 is a lot more expensive to run than 11/13 and a difference of around $120 on my utility bill.
It's almost like growing autos but using an 11/13 light cycle to do it.

In the past I've cut and mainlined and LST'd and supercropped etc. Prune for growth and all that but it limits me and in this space I felt I was fitting round pegs into square holes when it came to gains on efficiency and cost of operation.
So I had to break the routine and see what would happen if I just let it rip au natural and double the number of plants I grow. So that's where the extra tops come from is in more plants. By not topping, those other tops from more plants can also be other strains.
Had I cut tops I think I'd still have about the same number of bud sites but with fewer plants and fewer strains.;)

The next grow I'll be doing a ton of training and cutting to get the clones I want but once I have the clones they'll go au natural as well because there again I'd rather have 20 clones go from cloner to flower rather than 10 clones I veg out and turn into bushes.

fuck man... 80 days?!?!?!

giphy.gif

i think the timing and speed is just a bonus right? i mean you're goal was cost savings, which you've done but speed is a bumper!!

i use one of those dryers for mushrooms, not the same one but a crude version. it would work great for some of it, the smaller buds would be fine. the larger buds wouldn't fit and the plates sit on top flattening the buds as they dry. and you'll need like ten of those things because i'm not sure you can even fit one plant in one, not one of your plants anyway. but for the smaller stuff and hang the big buds i bet you'll like it. it doesn't take up much room and you will find many other kitchen duties to multi use it!!!

man it seems like your s max and ss550's are jiving so nice together and almost compliment each other!!!!

i agree with the leaf cutting for space.. when i read that it clicked and having a smaller cloner again i can see myself maybe doing this as well.

gonna get my cloner mojo on tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wait up, it's OT on my tv and J love still has gas??? it's like watching the titanic, i already know whats gonna happen!!!! hahaha

i saw all those fords up front... larson's the lonely chevy!!!

Dude the savings between an 80 day grow and a 110-120 day grow are impressive at my utility rate. Especially when that xtra 30-40 days is 18/6. On top of that the savings in water and nutes is so far in the black it's nuts.

Speed had to be a part of it so everything out of the gate from VG to airpots, inoculants, clean water, warm living soils is 100% about speed and hitting the ground running. Organics is supposed to be slow but this is how to make it fast as fuck. Without that speed they just kinda loiter around and zaps that savings to be had.
So yeah I've been pretty much on their ass with a cattle prod pushing them to redline but now it's time to back off and let them do what they were born to do without me pushing the girls. Or I should say women as they're now entering womanhood 😋
Speed is such a focus I've even thought about new signage for the room like a No Loitering and No Bad Days signs 🤪

The only dicey part was flipping at 4 nodes. See Y'all are concerned about cutting at 9 nodes and what not...Trying flipping at 4!!!! Fucking leap of faith bro but I have the confidence in everything to do it. And yep these lights were a huge part of that confidence. I've seen 12/12 from seed crash and burn many times but it was the confidence in my equipment I leaned on to take that plunge. No way in Hell airpots, CoM, and CLW were gonna fail me! We're in tight with each other! Or we should be by now FFS!

Yeah man SVG drove his ass off!!! I think he gets a short track win and I know he's do well in Cup rc's.
NXS sure is a Chevy fest man damn! Everything is bowtie except for 2 Fords and 2 Yotas in that near 40 car field!

There's two roads to travel there.
Cut them and get more tops but also get a much wider plant which reduces the number I can grow by at least half.
Don't cut them and the plant stays in bounds allowing for more plants to be added to the footprint. More plants= more strains per grow. I have 8 strains in here where as before maybe 3-5 at most

Other factors to consider are speed since cutting slows down the progress and increases time in veg.
My main goal is to trim veg light time to as close to zero as possible so anything that increases time in veg hours is becoming more and more less desirable for me. 18/6 is a lot more expensive to run than 11/13 and a difference of around $120 on my utility bill.
It's almost like growing autos but using an 11/13 light cycle to do it.

In the past I've cut and mainlined and LST'd and supercropped etc. Prune for growth and all that but it limits me and in this space I felt I was fitting round pegs into square holes when it came to gains on efficiency and cost of operation.
So I had to break the routine and see what would happen if I just let it rip au natural and double the number of plants I grow. So that's where the extra tops come from is in more plants. By not topping, those other tops from more plants can also be other strains.
Had I cut tops I think I'd still have about the same number of bud sites but with fewer plants and fewer strains.;)

The next grow I'll be doing a ton of training and cutting to get the clones I want but once I have the clones they'll go au natural as well because there again I'd rather have 20 clones go from cloner to flower rather than 10 clones I veg out and turn into bushes.

Dude the savings between an 80 day grow and a 110-120 day grow are impressive at my utility rate. Especially when that xtra 30-40 days is 18/6. On top of that the savings in water and nutes is so far in the black it's nuts.

Speed had to be a part of it so everything out of the gate from VG to airpots, inoculants, clean water, warm living soils is 100% about speed and hitting the ground running. Organics is supposed to be slow but this is how to make it fast as fuck. Without that speed they just kinda loiter around and zaps that savings to be had.
So yeah I've been pretty much on their ass with a cattle prod pushing them to redline but now it's time to back off and let them do what they were born to do without me pushing the girls. Or I should say women as they're now entering womanhood 😋
Speed is such a focus I've even thought about new signage for the room like a No Loitering and No Bad Days signs 🤪

The only dicey part was flipping at 4 nodes. See Y'all are concerned about cutting at 9 nodes and what not...Trying flipping at 4!!!! Fucking leap of faith bro but I have the confidence in everything to do it. And yep these lights were a huge part of that confidence. I've seen 12/12 from seed crash and burn many times but it was the confidence in my equipment I leaned on to take that plunge. No way in Hell airpots, CoM, and CLW were gonna fail me! We're in tight with each other! Or we should be by now FFS!

Yeah man SVG drove his ass off!!! I think he gets a short track win and I know he's do well in Cup rc's.
NXS sure is a Chevy fest man damn! Everything is bowtie except for 2 Fords and 2 Yotas in that near 40 car field!
Have you grown with the 11 on 13 off before? I did once and I wasn't impressed, all of my plants grew smaller lighter buds than anytime on 12/12.
I'm now trying 12.5 on 11.5 off with Far reds on for 15 min at lights out , I don't like the cutting back of hours...in flower ...whats the acronym DLI ??? what ever it is I want more of it in flower

Have you grown with the 11 on 13 off before? I did once and I wasn't impressed, all of my plants grew smaller lighter buds than anytime on 12/12.
I'm now trying 12.5 on 11.5 off with Far reds on for 15 min at lights out , I don't like the cutting back of hours...in flower ...whats the acronym DLI ??? what ever it is I want more of it in flower

I either do 11/13 or 10/14 and have been for years now. Can't remember the last time I did 12/12 but it's been a while.
When it comes to lighting, quality matters more than anything really. So the higher the quality the light, the better it can perform in a shorter period of time compared to lesser quality light.
I have no issues in lacking density or yields and in fact sometimes my buds are too dense requiring a lot more airflow to prevent mold setting in so that's why you see me running so many fans at every level in the canopy.

I go back to the days of growers using CFL and other floros light as an example. Veg times with those were often 24/7. But with a Halide, veg times could be 18/6 and the halide grown plants would outperform the CFL even though the CFL had longer on times.

Timelapse drop before some Tuesday night hardball!

I think I've seen enough full garden timelapse so these are the last.
I still can't figure out why when I leave it on it breaks up each video into a 9 second clip but these three vids are what happened over the past two days

Stretch is over for many of them and they're not so wildly turning leaves to catch various photon waves.
Buds are swelling so now it's time to pick a single flower and watch it in timelapse for at least the next week and see if I can pick up resin being born and what period of time day or night do they swell the most and make the most resin

Back
Top Bottom