True Confessions of an American Outlaw

Dude just catching up. Everything looks fantastic~!
LOVE that you got the light. Not sorry if I planted the crack seed in your head.
That would/will be my next light if/when I need one and they are not outdated already.
I read all about them and between what they say, the specs, and reading you say how your buds are better with CLW I am sold.
Can't wait! (y)
Many thanks Steamroller!
I thought my will power would win. I've had bar style lights in the past and wasn't much of a fan but it never fails. Every time CLW comes out with a new light eventually I go all Tyrone Biggums over it

giphy.gif

I think I have some solutions to large fixtures that were a problem for me in the past. I'm already not too keen on how it hangs and having access to the backside rope hangers so we'll most likely see the return of Sun Winches in my room, at least on that backside I cant reach once plants get large.
I expect it to be installed by mid-July. The bloom space will be split with the 1000 on one side and a 2nd generation SS550 on the other. The two 1st gen SS550s will be boxed and stored.
Seeds will still be started under the SS550 as I write but that can change once I take par readings on the 1000 at minimum power output. It will take a lot to dethrone the SS550 from my room so expectations are high but if there's a company that I trust to do it would be CLW.

One thing that really stands out is no UV rigging for this one. Not that I can't make them with the 3D printer but I find that interesting. I can't remember if the UV kits came out at the same time as the 550s or later so maybe they're in the works but I find that a curious move by CLW. Maybe demand for UV is dropping off the more people use it and get inconclusive results, IDK.

Wow the price is right on that light~!
Wicked deal this weekend.🤔

I don't think I've ever seen a 25% off deal from them. 10% and 15% is common but not 25%.
$966 split into 4 payments for both the light and new 2 channel controller and they will be delivered via FedEx Thursday.

Yep, I'm all...

1c5c.gif

Shit yeah man I'm trying to return the one I ordered since it hasnt arrived yet and get a bigger one lol.

Man I sure hope they hook you up! This sale just came out of nowhere!🤞

I could 100% not live somewhere with an HOA because I have a real problem with people telling me what to do... never mind PAYING them to tell me what to do...
in my own house? Yeah you knocked on the wrong door Karen. I'd be one of those people you read stories about that think of new and entertaining ways to fuck with the HOA... like the guy that built a massive bat house... I think it held like 10,000 bats or something ridiculous like that... then once they took up residence, the HOA couldn't force him to take it down because the species of bat was protected. 🤣

That reminds me of this documentary on netflix...

HOAs might be the worst idea in the history of humans. Well war is #1. But HOAs have to be top five ;)
@Bandit420 just a little FYI for you because I see your lovely hummingbird feeders and can't help myself... the red dye in the pre-made food is not good for the hummingbirds or bees... or humans, it's banned in most countries but we suck. I make my own with a 4:1 ratio of plain granulated sugar and water. Boil the water for a few minutes to sterilize, add sugar and stir, let cool. Easy peasy. 🥰 They like it just as much if not more.

Thanks for the tips TSD!
Yeah I was throwing pasta at the wall with those things. Only thing they're attracting are sugar eating ants. Everybody else like the real deal flowers 😋

@Bandit420 just a little FYI for you because I see your lovely hummingbird feeders and can't help myself... the red dye in the pre-made food is not good for the hummingbirds or bees... or humans, it's banned in most countries but we suck. I make my own with a 4:1 ratio of plain granulated sugar and water. Boil the water for a few minutes to sterilize, add sugar and stir, let cool. Easy peasy. 🥰 They like it just as much if not more.
Same recipe I use!! Red Dye no bueno.

I am fighting the urge to pick up 2~!
My first thought is can I cut in half like my FC8000? ~! 😲
Man if I could cut in half for my room 2 would be on their way now also.
The deal is wicked.

I am fighting the urge to pick up 2~!
My first thought is can I cut in half like my FC8000? ~! 😲
Man if I could cut in half for my room 2 would be on their way now also.
The deal is wicked.

Cut in half like dim it 50%? Or remove the hinge, lengthen the connecting wires, and make two fixtures out of one?

Yes to the first, it goes 0-100% so it should be an all in one light capable of seed starting to ripening. You don't need the controller since it has controls on the fixture but if you want precise accuracy on the dim or red & white control then you'll want the controller.

As for the second, making two lights from one...Probably. I did that with an Illumitex Neo Sol. It was a 6 rail light I took apart and made two 3 rail lights. Only thing I changed was swapping the power inlet wire on the second driver and replacing it with it's own power cord

When I got my FC8000 it was just a hassle to get around.

DSC_0953.JPG
So I cut it in half~! It needed nothing modded besides hangers.
0324221517.jpg
I just could not help myself~!
That is one light on the left and the other on the right.
I need to look closer at how they are put together.🤔

Cut in half like dim it 50%? Or remove the hinge, lengthen the connecting wires, and make two fixtures out of one?

Yes to the first, it goes 0-100% so it should be an all in one light capable of seed starting to ripening. You don't need the controller since it has controls on the fixture but if you want precise accuracy on the dim or red & white control then you'll want the controller.

As for the second, making two lights from one...Probably. I did that with an Illumitex Neo Sol. It was a 6 rail light I took apart and made two 3 rail lights. Only thing I changed was swapping the power inlet wire on the second driver and replacing it with it's own power cord
For a larger tent would you suggest one large fixture or two smaller ones?

View attachment 4366
View attachment 4367
If only the sale was going on thru Thursday I'd have that answer before you buy! Or just wait for the next one..perhaps 4th of July?
And I just gotta say that is such an ideal way to have a room set up. I love the center aisle! If you have a drain in the floor and can install a urinal it would be the best floor plan in the history of indoor farming!
I'm jelly over that center aisle Brother!!!
For a larger tent would you suggest one large fixture or two smaller ones?

Depends on how you grow and what you grow. SCROG and one strain grows would probably be best with one big light. But for how I grow with multi strains and no scrog, just net trellising, I prefer several small lights.
You can see why in this pic with the lights at different heights.
The other benefit to multiple lights is if one dies, all is not lost with the ability to rearrange and still have light. If one big fixture dies and that's the only light you have, you're fucked.

IMG_4780.JPG

you're killing me smalls!!!!!!! all you guys buying new CLW!! i'm not buying anything!! i thought maybe for a minute to buy a UV setup for $38 off but ehh i don't think i would use it.

can't wait to see what y'all get!!!!!! :alien:

View attachment 4366
View attachment 4367
Yesssss. Embrace your inner MacGyver. 🤣

It's another frosty Friday and that means it's update day!🥳

Lights are at max power, all fans are on high except for the Ruck, watering 1 gallon of RO to each plant about every 30 hours, feeding the ocean grown tea recipe 1x per week

IMG_4802.JPG

IMG_4803.JPG

IMG_4805.JPG

IMG_4807.JPG

IMG_4808.JPG

IMG_4809.JPG

IMG_4810.JPG

I'm thinking I may change out the red lamps for UV in the coming days. I'll leave the pure par in then change them out next week or so

IMG_4814.JPG

The Spectramax light is here and it's a biggin. Going over installation ideas and will be bringing back the winches for it. Only before I do I'm gonna change out the string for 300lb test braided fishing line.💪
So I gotta go thru these and set channels, change line, do some test lifts with cinder blocks or something and get this all in order. The light is too big and I'm too old with a wonky back to be fucking around with ratchet ropes, step ladders, and shit.
This light will raise and lower with the push of a button 🤞

IMG_4816.JPG

3D printed cargo rack made for the compost tea urban assault vehicle. or CTUAV if you're into acronyms and brevity.
The rack is actually a shower caddy design I changed up with different pillars on the backside and a hanging mounting bracket. Works great too so while the cart is moving and tea is sloshing around, it won't spill and mess up the power pack

IMG_4817.JPG

IMG_4818.JPG

The daily harvest

IMG_4819.JPG

Until next week.... ✌️Y'all!!

Last edited:
It's another frosty Friday and that means it's update day!🥳

Lights are at max power, all fans are on high except for the Ruck, watering 1 gallon of RO about every 30 hours, feeding the ocean grown tea recipe 1x per week

View attachment 5308

View attachment 5309

View attachment 5310

View attachment 5311

View attachment 5312

View attachment 5313

View attachment 5314

I'm thinking I may change out the red lamps for UV in the coming days. I'll leave the pure par in then change them out next week or so

View attachment 5315

The Spectramax light is here and it's a biggin. Going over installation ideas and will be bringing back the winches for it. Only before I do I'm gonna change out the string for 300lb test braided fishing line.💪
So I gotta go thru these and set channels, change line, do some test lifts with cinder blocks or something and get this all in order. The light is too big and I'm too old with a wonky back to be fucking around with ratchet ropes, step ladders, and shit.
This light will raise and lower with the push of a button 🤞

View attachment 5316

3D printed cargo rack made for the compost tea urban assault vehicle. or CTUAV if you're into acronyms and brevity.
The rack is actually a shower caddy design I changed up with different pillars on the backside and a hanging mounting bracket. Works great too so while the cart is moving and tea is sloshing around, it won't spill and mess up the power pack

View attachment 5317

View attachment 5318

The daily harvest

View attachment 5319

Until next week.... ✌️Y'all!!
Impressive sir… very impressive

love your mad max tea maker!!!!!! i'm shocked you didn't put a solar panel on it!!! haha

man i can see some killer wookie spears forming already!!!!!

🙃
Solar power is in the works! At least a charging station for the power pack so it can go off grid. A 12volt DC charge will do it too so next time I'm at Harbor Freight I'll take a look at kits.:alien:

I'm also working on a design to 3D print spinner rim hubcaps for it. :cool:Something angry looking like a cross between a ninja star and blender blade but pimp.
This week though my attention has been diverted to planning out Chicago & Vegas.
Had to get my dogs up to date on vax and got Wednesday's teeth cleaned and a couple extractions done. Booster shots tomorrow.
Taking them to a boarding place so I don't have a pet sitter coming in here with a ripe and ready ganja grow while I'm gone. These plants are smelling like a chemical fuel fire right now and it's super loud. I'm pretty sure it's the Screaming Cookies because they may be called a cookie strain but all I see and smell is an OG Kush and Chemdawg variant.
So yeah, to avoid freaking out the dog sitter the dogs need to be caught up on all of that then next week they go for day camp. If they pass the day camp which I'm sure they will then they can stay at the boarding house but it's a process.

Chicago's a fun plan. I've been studying the public transit system and feel pretty good about it. We're a mile from the track but it's just an ez one bus or one subway straight shot ride if we don't walk it. Also planning out food stuffs to try and found a really cool place where they make something called Pizza Pot Pie and the sandwiches are called grinders. And it's kinda gangster too since the building is across from where the St Valentince's Day Massacre happened and legend has it the house which is now the pizza place was the lookout spot for Al Capone's henchmen

Getting super excited for this Summer vaycay!!! One thing I love is all the dispensaries have online ordering so I'll take advatage and create orders then just drop in to pick 'em up so I don't spend hours in weed stores browsing stuff.
Just. Gotta. Get. Thru. This. Week. 😋

This thread is so entertaining.

So you are in Chicago next week? I might be there for business.

Thanks Moe! I like to make these things a fun read.
No not next week but I'll be in Chicago June 30-July 3rd for the NASCAR street race at Grant Park.
Races are Saturday and Sunday that week so we fly in Friday morning and will do the tourist stuff like river cruise tour and Willis Tower. Then Saturday and Sunday the races will be part music festival and part racing then we fly back home Monday afternoon.
Super excited because we've never been to Chicago, one of my all time fave bands, The Black Crows, will play the music fest, and cars built like tanks screaming around Grant Park at around 125MPH in the straights is just my kind of a good time 🥳

I too like the water wagon, definitely cool...lookin great

All the stuff you guys create with these 3d printer is neat...all I got is a fuckin cricket 😂

Thanks MDK! Best thing about the tea wagon are the looks I get from my neighbors when I'm out in the yard spreading tea around. They're curious but I think a little intimidated by the little beastie judging by the expressions on their faces. The apartment dwellers walking by are all kinds confused by it and look at me like I'm from outer space dragging it around the yards. :alien:

Yeah 3D printing! And to think it started just because I needed a base for my bong. 😋 Now it's wild how many useful things I can make with it!

fuck yeah man... you're gonna have such a blast!!!! vegas raiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nascar!!!!!! crowes!!!!!!!!!! pizza!!!!!!!!!!! i never had real chicago pizza, i had a knock off from around here and when i asked the owner if he was from chicago he said he was from new york!! hahaha i bet it's fuckin awesome in its own way, not like any other pizza ever just it's own class.. i've had layovers in chicago a bunch of times long ago and had pizza in the airport, but i've travelled enough to know the good stuff ain't in the airport!!!

we get the grinder name used at places here now and again, they're both acceptable at most hoagie shops. we don't know what to call em around here really.. hoagies, subs, grinders... the only thing you get particular around here is cheesesteaks. i've seen fist fights over cheesesteaks around here!!

bro i think i need spinner caps for my smoker!!! it doesn't really move much though so i would need small motors to keep em spinnin'!!!!

man poor wednesday and ollie... getting jabbed and dentist work... damn i feel for her!! i'm sure they got some good whataburger or something they luv afterwards!!!

but i fully know what you mean on the loud smell. i chopped all my plants at one time and hung them up at the same time, i've never done that before man, i've always been perpetual harvesting one or two at a time!!! i kind of have a great mask right now though, we have smoke in the air from the canada fires and you can't smell any weed at all outside!!!

ya know a buddy of mine was just asking me if i've gone over to jersey to buy rec weed, he was telling me his cousin goes all the time and he said a couple times it can't be expensive or a pita or he(his cousin) wouldn't be going there. it's only about a 15-20 minutes drive to the phillipsburg's mall so it wouldn't be far... i have a feeling he and I will make a trip out there soon.

just hoping everything on your trip goes smooth and you guys have an awesome time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

fuck yeah man... you're gonna have such a blast!!!! vegas raiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nascar!!!!!! crowes!!!!!!!!!! pizza!!!!!!!!!!! i never had real chicago pizza, i had a knock off from around here and when i asked the owner if he was from chicago he said he was from new york!! hahaha i bet it's fuckin awesome in its own way, not like any other pizza ever just it's own class.. i've had layovers in chicago a bunch of times long ago and had pizza in the airport, but i've travelled enough to know the good stuff ain't in the airport!!!

we get the grinder name used at places here now and again, they're both acceptable at most hoagie shops. we don't know what to call em around here really.. hoagies, subs, grinders... the only thing you get particular around here is cheesesteaks. i've seen fist fights over cheesesteaks around here!!

bro i think i need spinner caps for my smoker!!! it doesn't really move much though so i would need small motors to keep em spinnin'!!!!

man poor wednesday and ollie... getting jabbed and dentist work... damn i feel for her!! i'm sure they got some good whataburger or something they luv afterwards!!!

but i fully know what you mean on the loud smell. i chopped all my plants at one time and hung them up at the same time, i've never done that before man, i've always been perpetual harvesting one or two at a time!!! i kind of have a great mask right now though, we have smoke in the air from the canada fires and you can't smell any weed at all outside!!!

ya know a buddy of mine was just asking me if i've gone over to jersey to buy rec weed, he was telling me his cousin goes all the time and he said a couple times it can't be expensive or a pita or he(his cousin) wouldn't be going there. it's only about a 15-20 minutes drive to the phillipsburg's mall so it wouldn't be far... i have a feeling he and I will make a trip out there soon.

just hoping everything on your trip goes smooth and you guys have an awesome time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)
You know it Buddy!!!
I plan on stopping in at Alegient Stadium and checking out the Raider shop.
I'm super excited! Vegas ended up being a spur of the moment plan. I had Chicago all locked up, feeling real good about using points to fly RT for free, then my sister dropped a guilt trip on me for not wanting to go to NorCal and visit her.
Well I called her bluff and said meet me half way..Meet me in Vegas. Turns out her son, my nephew, just moved out there so she called my bluff and said yeah. So here I am planning a trip to vegas hahaha! I'm just happy weed is legal there to make it all the more fun!

Yeah little Wednesday had a sore mouth and butt for a couple days but she's back to being the little hell raising bossy pants dog she's always been.

Last day of work today!! It's Friday..I ain't got no job. Aint got shit to do..Might as well drop the update!!!

This is gonna be one of those kinda updates Y'all. If your pc has a subwoofer, make sure it's on and crank the volume. Kick the chair out from under ya and move that money maker. It's Frosty Friday and it's time to happy dance!!!

View attachment IMG_4855.MOV

Odor is very loud in this room. Smells of hi octane fuel, rotten fruit, dead skunk, and baby shit overwhelm the sense of smell

IMG_4857.JPG

IMG_4856.JPG

IMG_4854.JPG

IMG_4853.JPGIMG_0367.JPG

IMG_4827.JPG

IMG_4829.JPG

IMG_4836.JPG

IMG_4837.JPGIMG_4839.JPG

IMG_4840.JPG

IMG_4842.JPG

An experiment within the experiment. Time to toss some UV at the ladies!

IMG_4849.JPG

CLW on the outside array, agromax on the inside array

IMG_4850.JPG

3d printed Tomautopot is working like a champ. I think the design is good to go for growing our favorite weed!

IMG_4844.JPG

IMG_4845.JPG

Cucumber island is just out of control. Had two autowaterer float valves go bad on me for some reason and I totally underestimated how high I shoulda made the shade screen

IMG_4847.JPG

Shits and giggles pic. The g/room water tank and a bucket of Surf n Turf for the ladies

IMG_4825.JPG

are you sure you don't need a house sitter bro? i would be happy to come by and smoke all your, i mean WATER all your plants for you.... i'd even make sure none of your ice cream went bad either!! haha

Thanks Moe! I like to make these things a fun read.
No not next week but I'll be in Chicago June 30-July 3rd for the NASCAR street race at Grant Park.
Races are Saturday and Sunday that week so we fly in Friday morning and will do the tourist stuff like river cruise tour and Willis Tower. Then Saturday and Sunday the races will be part music festival and part racing then we fly back home Monday afternoon.
Super excited because we've never been to Chicago, one of my all time fave bands, The Black Crows, will play the music fest, and cars built like tanks screaming around Grant Park at around 125MPH in the straights is just my kind of a good time 🥳

Thanks MDK! Best thing about the tea wagon are the looks I get from my neighbors when I'm out in the yard spreading tea around. They're curious but I think a little intimidated by the little beastie judging by the expressions on their faces. The apartment dwellers walking by are all kinds confused by it and look at me like I'm from outer space dragging it around the yards. :alien:

Yeah 3D printing! And to think it started just because I needed a base for my bong. 😋 Now it's wild how many useful things I can make with it!
Chi town used to be my altimeter favorite big city - honey mooned there and many vacations- the race is awesome ur gonna love it ! Been to chi town race the Indy race both Indy cars and the 400 been to Michigan a few times - never really made it thru a whole race ! Lmao one big party ! A fan like you , have you been thru the pits ? I’m super surprised how close you can get to the cars ,garages,drivers. I’m not a huge fan motorcycles my thing but done lots of business with car sponsors so tickets weee always on the table ! Lol can’t turn down free ticks - ur gonna have a blast!

This is gonna be one of those kinda updates Y'all. If your pc has a subwoofer, make sure it's on and crank the volume. Kick the chair out from under ya and move that money maker. It's Frosty Friday and it's time to happy dance!!!

View attachment 6400

Odor is very loud in this room. Smells of hi octane fuel, rotten fruit, dead skunk, and baby shit overwhelm the sense of smell

View attachment 6402

View attachment 6401

View attachment 6399

View attachment 6398View attachment 6384

View attachment 6386

View attachment 6387

View attachment 6388

View attachment 6389View attachment 6390

View attachment 6391

View attachment 6392

View attachment 6396

View attachment 6397

3d printed Tomautopot is working like a champ. I think the design is good to go for growing our favorite weed!

View attachment 6393

View attachment 6394

Cucumber island is just out of control. Had two autowaterer float valves go bad on me for some reason and I totally underestimated how high I shoulda made the shade screen

View attachment 6395

Shits and giggles pic. The g/room water tank and a bucket of Surf n Turf for the ladies

View attachment 6385
Bro that’s gonna be tough to leave , nice work !

View attachment 6400

View attachment 6402

View attachment 6401

View attachment 6399

View attachment 6398View attachment 6384

View attachment 6386

View attachment 6387

View attachment 6388

View attachment 6389View attachment 6390

View attachment 6391

View attachment 6392

View attachment 6396

View attachment 6397

View attachment 6393

View attachment 6394

View attachment 6395

View attachment 6385
Beautiful plants sir!

But I’m actually interested in your Cucumber. Wait, that doesn’t sound right.

My wife is on a cucumber kick lately and so I’m growing them but mine are only this big so far. 59B09C6C-5831-4D21-B7B2-EBC12167E05C.jpeg
Any advice or feeding tips? She’s already seen them so now I’ve gotta make em big. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom