True Confessions of an American Outlaw

Autopots offer an air system that goes in the bottom. Never tried it. They claim it is 20% faster growth I think. But everyone claims that about their product.

O2 in the roots is very much a limiting factor to soil grows.

Not sure what the best method for getting more o2 at the roots in soil would be. I would think pumping into the roots would cause air pockets that might make things worse. Be interesting to see one of you guys try it.

You just saw it...airpots ;)

Autopots offer an air system that goes in the bottom. Never tried it. They claim it is 20% faster growth I think. But everyone claims that about their product.

O2 in the roots is very much a limiting factor to soil grows.

Not sure what the best method for getting more o2 at the roots in soil would be. I would think pumping into the roots would cause air pockets that might make things worse. Be interesting to see one of you guys try it.
I'm going to try it with the airstone I posted and see what happens. Since it's at the bottom I don't think there'll be a problem with air pockets. I could also put a net barrier between the stone and the soil so that the stone doesn't clog. Just not sure how far into the soil the air will penetrate.

I'm going to try it with the airstone I posted and see what happens. Since it's at the bottom I don't think there'll be a problem with air pockets. I could also put a net barrier between the stone and the soil so that the stone doesn't clog. Just not sure how far into the soil the air will penetrate.
I just found the dude who did this..But no airstone. Search on Youtube, "Air Injection Technology" and you'll find it. I think the guy wrote for high times. It was an idea lots were bouncing around about 10 years ago and there's an old thread on just about every cannabis forum about it.
I think soils just got better so it never really took off. That was back when soils were very heavy and stayed wet. Now they're feather light and not really soil at all. More like an amended hydro mixes spawned from the era of 50/50 perlite/vermiculite blends.
You could also use a SIP container and add an airstone to the rez. As the plants take up water they also take up air.
But IMO the easiest and best is use a soil loaded with perlite and an air pruning container. It must be fast draining so when you water, the surface water is gone and drained in seconds and does not stand or pool. Aerate water 24 hours before using and you'll have it. But things dry out fast for that air exchange to happen which is why I end up watering every day with no worries of over watering.

Today musta been goodies delivery day for stoners and I missed the memo...

IMG_4601.JPG

I'm gonna be one high sumbitch tonight!!🫠
Lucky to score these Oreoz in reverse auction. I think they sold out hours later.
Cookies & Cream x Secret Weapon = Oreoz then Oreoz x Oreoz to make Oreoz S1.
Sounds dangerous and I think I might need some milk😋

Last edited:

View attachment 1636

Lucky to score these Oreoz in reverse auction. I think they sold out hours later....Cookies & Cream x Secret Weapon = Oreoz then Oreoz x Oreoz to make Oreoz S1. Sounds dangerous and I think I might need some milk😋

NICE!!!!!!

man you better count those seeds.... my zangria had seven in the pack!!!!!! like they weren't cheap enough so they threw in an extra.

you plants look lush as hell brother!!! i haven't made a good tea in a while, in fact just the other day i move my brewer out of the way when i was putting a new battery in my lawn tractor, i haven't had a working battery in that for six years now!! i'm not gonna know how to deal with such convenience... but yeah, tea is a great idea!!

so when you first opened the lobster compost did it make ya hungry for seafood?

glad they made it "tamped" down and ready to dip!!! ☮️

NICE!!!!!!

man you better count those seeds.... my zangria had seven in the pack!!!!!! like they weren't cheap enough so they threw in an extra.

you plants look lush as hell brother!!! i haven't made a good tea in a while, in fact just the other day i move my brewer out of the way when i was putting a new battery in my lawn tractor, i haven't had a working battery in that for six years now!! i'm not gonna know how to deal with such convenience... but yeah, tea is a great idea!!

so when you first opened the lobster compost did it make ya hungry for seafood?

glad they made it "tamped" down and ready to dip!!! ☮️
Ya know my last 4 packs of fems from GP have had 7 beans in there. Love the bonus but I've also had a couple mutants and a no show on germination so maybe that's their little way of making that right. I'm antsy to grow them though so I gotta be careful to not rush thru these ladies just so I can get to them. I'll get thru this crop, do my traveling, then come early July it's Oreo time.

These ladies are looking a lot better after upcanning. They were badly out of gas and needed fresh soils. Now after these two additional days of veg I'm flipping to flower.
It's gonna be a rodeo. Hybrids have two phenos, indicas are in line, but it's gonna be a good thing having three lights for an uneven canopy later. I'm thinking two 5 footers and four 4 footers at the end. As far as the Cant Get Right still in an airpot...She's a mutant and I just might punt her to the outdoors.

IMG_4602.JPG

IMG_4603.JPG

Yeah man it's been a few moons since I've made a tea. But looking at those cukes in used soils, they're a bit pale compared to the tub of fresh so it looks like a tea would be order for that.
And with the lobster compost...Man when I opened that bag yeah I smelled heaven. Earthen seafood!! So yeah it's shrimp and veggie fried rice on the menu tonight!
But anyways with that compost I was ready to spread it then thought I can get a lot more from those bags making teas and using it on everything and not just a few select trees and plants.

24 hours and it's looking good! Frothy like a good cappuccino

View attachment IMG_0313.MOV

I drew a sample and dumped in in a cuke tub this morning. It smells like a seafood boil

View attachment IMG_0314.MOV

Next up is some squishin' time! Now that veg is over I get my table back and can get after it on the rosin press this week!!

As far as the Cant Get Right still in an airpot...She's a mutant and I just might punt her to the outdoors.

Poor mutant. I had one of those with some clones my "FloCal" bro sent me. At one point I thought he may have mixed up the phenos and gave me an auto but after a while she really took off and is now the tallest in the tent. Give her a chance. She may surprise you!

Last edited:
Poor mutant. I had one of those with some clones my "FloCal" bro sent me. At one point I thought he may have mixed up the seeds and gave me an auto but after a while she really took off and is now the tallest in the tent. Give her a chance. She may surprise you!
She's shown some signs of snapping out of it but IDK.
I wanted six plants but only got four out of the gate. Two were slow so I popped this bean to bring up the rear and she was super slow to start as well. The other two slow starts have caught up giving me the six I wanted and she's the odd plant out.
The others will boat race her and choke her out in time so I'll have to put her up on a high chair and baby her along while the others go nuts if she stays indoors.
I've grown the strain before and it's a good one but I also run a sorta cannabis gulag with a next lady up mentality when it comes to mutants that don't fall in line. My main concern keeping a mutant is if she goes hermie. If she does go hermie I'll want to shoot her with my Mossberg and never grow the cut again 🤠

So it seems to me cukes really like a seafood compost tea! They went a little bonkers overnight

IMG_4621.JPG

Gave these peppers a shot of lobster juice too and they like it a lot

IMG_4622.JPG

So i think this is a good plan turning two bags of CoM lobster compost into tea rather than spread it. Gonna keep the brewer going 24/7 now until I get some tea into every plant and tree in the yard needing a boost in health and metabolism after last Winter's ice storm wreaked havoc on everything

View attachment 1636

Lucky to score these Oreoz in reverse auction. I think they sold out hours later.
Cookies & Cream x Secret Weapon = Oreoz then Oreoz x Oreoz to make Oreoz S1.
Sounds dangerous and I think I might need some milk😋
I had a tissue cultured clone of straight oreoz about 16 months ago. Waited until middle of last year to run it. I only ran it once and I did not feel like it was a keeper for me. I think it was 7plants and just made 1 P

Indoor :alien: invasion.

IMG_4637.JPG

IMG_4641.JPG

IMG_4645.JPG

IMG_4644.JPG

IMG_4642.JPG

Had to build bimini tops for the outdoor projects. Sun is beating down a little too hard during mid-day warm up.
Frame is dumpster dive find of hog wire fencing tied down with cinder blocks and the mesh is a 40% sunblock but seems to work more like 10-15%

IMG_4627.JPG

IMG_4651.JPG

This frame is recycled pvc parts from a fabric raised bed

IMG_4629.JPG

Clay Henry inspired goats and peppers tower got planted yesterday. There's one plant per quad-pod and they spiral upwards. If this works well it's gonna look insane by 4th of July

IMG_4649.JPG

Last edited:
man your cucumbers are growing so fast!! you're gonna be loaded before ya know it!!!

i like your goats too.. careful they don't eat your peppers!!

so did you flip the switch on your indoor garden?

man your cucumbers are growing so fast!! you're gonna be loaded before ya know it!!!

i like your goats too.. careful they don't eat your peppers!!

so did you flip the switch on your indoor garden?
Thanks man! I sure hope so!
Right now I have some concerns over lack of bees visiting the yard. I think too many of my new neighbors are hiring those mosquito control people who come with backpack mounted foggers and spray the landscape. I'm surrounded by them and I'm pretty sure they're making the bee population dwindle.
I know where there's a hive up in an old oak but it's about 300 yards away so I've hung some hummingbird feeders to attract bees and maybe hope they also get interested in the cuke flowers.
I think it's working because this morning there were 4 bees hopping around the cuke flowers doing their duty

IMG_4653.JPG

And as a backup I was looking around what else I could do and found this little gadget called Be The Bee.
It's kinda like a little electric toothbrush with silicone bristles and you basically be the bee going from flower to flower buzzing the head to collect and drop pollen. Reviews say it works great so we'll see. It's from Aerogarden so people can get maters and berries to produce fruit indoors with those little aerogarden hydro veggie gardens they sell on late night tv infomercials.
If none of this works well I may take up bee keeping as a new hobby so who knows...By the end of Summer I may have my own hive in the backyard🐝

IMG_4654.JPG

Yep indoors everything has been set for flower and I'm about 3-4 days in now!

IMG_4657.JPG

The Screaming Cookies tester seeds are gonna be a challenge. 3 different phenos and they're all over the place.
I'm getting ready to put the net in but kinda kicking around an idea to 3D print some brackets to make this half scrog and half stakes and yoyos instead of a full scrog. The SC will need the net but the Purple Crunch may not and in fact might need booster seats if they don't wanna stretch it out which is what's happening.

IMG_4659.JPG

IMG_4662.JPG

Watering schedule is also all over the place. It's not ez like the last grow with one strain in one type of soil. Two strains, three phenos, and two soils are already proving to be a rodeo.

And I had to hit another reverse auction. Been wanting frozen custard for a spell and finally grabbed it at a price I could live with.
I think after this I'm good on seeds and will have enough to do four grows with 6 fem plants each grow. And I still have 100s of regulars seeds, some still in unopened packs 🙃

frozen custard.png🐝

Net is in and I gotta wild Screaming Cookie that up and decided it was all cool to rack up a 4" stretch over night. I bent her over into submission.
One good thing about this net system is the adjustable height at each corner so I just stretched it out and will adjust the height for each corner rather than try to keep it level

IMG_4665.JPG

And in regards to bee keeping...before I go all in on that I'm gonna try out a mason bee house first and try to get those guys since that's what I think is out there now. They don't do the hive thing or make honey, just nomadic loners really, but if I can get them to cocoon in the yard then maybe build up a protected zone where they flourish. I read they're more active when it comes to pollinating over honey bees too so hopefully this is a good move

bee house.png

Last edited:
I am no tree hugger but love and understand nature a little.
I NY it is NO MOW MAY for the bees.
I am not anal about my lawn [ step 1 of being a successful slacker is lose all concern for what others think].
I think I can make it to thtough the month. I hope for hummingbird moths and some real nice butterflies, but all bees are welcome also.
I got wood boaring bees for years now. They make perfect circles in wood, even PT and Cedar.
In Spring a dead one falls out [ gets knocked out] of the hole and new one hatches afterwards?

Coming to you live from the heart of prohibition country where we speak in code, walk between rain drops, and cultivate the grass that grows between the cracks!

Welcome to my personal trichome manufacturing plant! This year however, I'm expanding operations to include peppers, cukes, melons, and fancy flowers not for smoking.

I'm about a month into this project so it's time for some catching up.
Everything is 100% organic so no checking or meddling with pH, EC/TDS or any of that stuff. Soil volume and stripped down water chemistry is all that's required.
Really the only numbers I ever pay any attention to is room temp and RH and read the plants to adjust. I do have a EC meter but I only use it to make sure my RO system is working like it should.
My water is also UV purified, heavily oxygenated, and stored in the room in a 55 gallon barrel.
The room's temp/rh monitor also reads CO2 but it's not like I'm gonna add CO2 tanks or anything like that if the number is low. I prefer fresh air, lots of it, and moving it thru and out very fast. I can probably turn the air over in this room in less than 3 minutes. Also in regards to air, I use so many fans it's like an air blender in there. Bud rot does not stand a chance of setting in with how I run my air.

My main focus is always on roots. Focus on roots then everything green comes ez is my motto.
Coiling and compaction are my sworn enemy which is why I use airpots and my new creation..newsprint lined custom made netpots for vegging plants. + with airpots it's nearly impossible to overwater and by week 3 I'm usually watering daily.
Big believer in using microherds and keeping them happy and partying. When it comes time for flower they get upcanned into 7 gallon ribbed containers to ensure a huge gas tank of food for the duration. This operation is about as close to *Just add water* as it gets.

Lights are 3 blurple LED Sun simulators w/ UVB, 4000K, 3100K, & Pure PAR interchangeable supplement lights depending on stage of growth.
Soil is Roots 707 for starting seeds & veg then Roots Lush for flower. The Lush also gets a handful each of Uprising Foundation & Bloom dry blends and my liquid nutes are Liquid Fish and Seaweed and Roots Trinity. Microherds are Mycos+.

Everything for weed is the same for the veggies until it's time for them to go outside. From there they go into Earthboxes loaded with used but reconditioned ganja garden soils and cheaper peat based soils I find at the nursery. The Earthboxes (AKA SIP AKA Sub-Irrigated Planter) are also equipped with autowaterers for set it and forget gardening

The line up

View attachment 688

Command and control

View attachment 689

Sun simulators

View attachment 693

Going vertical

View attachment 690

View attachment 692

infancy

View attachment 694

View attachment 696

View attachment 698

View attachment 699
Cool. Nice toys. 👍

Nicer ladies. 😝

I've always liked bee keeping and admire those that do. it's pretty expensive and tough on the bees to keep them here through the winter. but man you would have no problems in the winter!!!

check these out bro... i'm printing some out for sure!!!

i wonder if they're like ducks and maybe you can use decoys to bring em in!!!! :ROFLMAO:

DSCN0554.JPG

🐝 🐝🐝

don't forget to say boo to your bee!!!! hehehe

Last edited:
I am no tree hugger but love and understand nature a little.
I NY it is NO MOW MAY for the bees.
I am not anal about my lawn [ step 1 of being a successful slacker is lose all concern for what others think].
I think I can make it to thtough the month. I hope for hummingbird moths and some real nice butterflies, but all bees are welcome also.
I got wood boaring bees for years now. They make perfect circles in wood, even PT and Cedar.
In Spring a dead one falls out [ gets knocked out] of the hole and new one hatches afterwards?

My yards are something I'm fairly proud of and go about a different way than most around me.
Some time ago, maybe 25-30 years? I began transforming my yard from what was pretty much a junk yard where previous owners really let it go to Hell with junk cars, oil spills, rats, fire ants and just all kinds of bad into a state certified wildlife habitat.
And you're right not because I'm some sort of tofu eating hippie in Birkenstocks, but because it was the right thing to do.

Most around here struggle trying to maintain a lawn. Lots of water and fertz trying to get that St. Augustine looking good. Well my grass started as a little patches on the side of the house and in the corners. Come to find out it's native prairie grass left over from the days before anything here was developed and it was cattle grazing country. I cultivated it by having no mow zones, letting it seed out, and spread. Today I'd say about 90% of my yard is covered in that prairie grass. No water or fertz ever except for rain and using a mulching mower and when leaves fall I mow instead of rake and bag. Still have no mow zones which my dogs and cats love to play in and the grass just keeps filling in more space and staying lush. And the no mow zones have also been breeding grounds for fireflies and butterflies.
One challenge has been bringing back the Monarchs. I'm in their migration path but development and pollution have thrown them off track and population dwindling like the bees. But all this work has paid off because last year this happened for the first time in over 10 years

View attachment IMG_3536.MOV

More often than not, around here the wannabe envrio hippies don't know WTH they're doing or talking about. Their idea of saving the planet is leave it alone, don't touch anything. Yeah do that and around here all that's good and native will be choked out by invasive species or polluted into submission by careless people poisoning everything.
Conservatorship and being a steward of the land is beyond them. These two yards in the front and back are sanctuary for critters, even the ugly ones like snakes with the rockpile I built, and it's almost like having my own private park for the family.

I haven’t seen a newspaper pot liner since I was a kid. You put them right in the ground like that don’t you. Had an uncle that grew that way. Cool.

Right on Zen and thanks Buddy! Yeah I still hold dear a lot of things I learned as a kid from my Grandpa and Mom and newsprint containers are one. I love that old school stuff and bringing it back to the new school methods of today. Kinda keep their memories alive and in the garden with me.
Yeah they just go right on in the ground like that. Worms will eat the newspaper and the poop they make will feed the plants

I've always liked bee keeping and admire those that do. it's pretty expensive and tough on the bees to keep them here through the winter. but man you would have no problems in the winter!!!

check these out bro... i'm printing some out for sure!!!

i wonder if they're like ducks and maybe you can use decoys to bring em in!!!! :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 2152

🐝 🐝🐝

don't forget to say boo to your bee!!!! hehehe

I've come to find out there's quite a few bee keepers in this town and even the hydroshop has gotten into bee keeping supplies and hosting classes. Some are selling honey at the Farmers Market so I may go pick some brains out there Saturday morning.
I've been on a 3 day crash course in educating myself on bees and yep there's been a couple ideas where the 3D printer is involved.
IDK if plastic is good to use in some parts though because it can trap moisture and create mold and other nasties. But I think using plastic as a frame to hold either wood grooved trays or reed or bamboo tube bundles at least 8mm in diameter would be great.
So I was thinking of ordering the wood trays like these and then build the frame with the printer. The wood is reusable every year, just harvest the cocoons but reeds or bamboo have to be split and replaced every year so I'm opting for the reusable wood trays.

48-hole-nesting-tray-600-sq__83557.jpg

I will still do this project but for now I ordered a ready to go house and attractant so I can get it going asap while I wait for time to free up on the printer.
And did you see there's a bee on tinkercad too? Yeah welcome to the next rabbit hole...Bee keeping!!! 🐝

Last edited:
My yards are something I'm fairly proud of and go about a different way than most around me.
Some time ago, maybe 25-30 years? I began transforming my yard from what was pretty much a junk yard where previous owners really let it go to Hell with junk cars, oil spills, rats, fire ants and just all kinds of bad into a state certified wildlife habitat.
And you're right not because I'm some sort of tofu eating hippie in Birkenstocks, but because it was the right thing to do.

Most around here struggle trying to maintain a lawn. Lots of water and fertz trying to get that St. Augustine looking good. Well my grass started as a little patches on the side of the house and in the corners. Come to find out it's native prairie grass left over from the days before anything here was developed and it was cattle grazing country. I cultivated it by having no mow zones, letting it seed out, and spread. Today I'd say about 90% of my yard is covered in that prairie grass. No water or fertz ever except for rain and using a mulching mower and when leaves fall I mow instead of rake and bag. Still have no mow zones which my dogs and cats love to play in and the grass just keeps filling in more space and staying lush. And the no mow zones have also been breeding grounds for fireflies and butterflies.
One challenge has been bringing back the Monarchs. I'm in their migration path but development and pollution have thrown them off track and population dwindling like the bees. But all this work has paid off because last year this happened for the first time in over 10 years

View attachment 2179

More often than not, around here the wannabe envrio hippies don't know WTH they're doing or talking about. Their idea of saving the planet is leave it alone, don't touch anything. Yeah do that and around here all that's good and native will be choked out by invasive species or polluted into submission by careless people poisoning everything.
Conservatorship and being a steward of the land is beyond them. These two yards in the front and back are sanctuary for critters, even the ugly ones like snakes with the rockpile I built, and it's almost like having my own private park for the family.

Right on Zen and thanks Buddy! Yeah I still hold dear a lot of things I learned as a kid from my Grandpa and Mom and newsprint containers are one. I love that old school stuff and bringing it back to the new school methods of today. Kinda keep their memories alive and in the garden with me.
Yeah they just go right on in the ground like that. Worms will eat the newspaper and the poop they make will feed the plants

I've come to find out there's quite a few bee keepers in this town and even the hydroshop has gotten into bee keeping supplies and hosting classes. Some are selling honey at the Farmers Market so I may go pick some brains out there Saturday morning.
I've been on a 3 day crash course in educating myself on bees and yep there's been a couple ideas where the 3D printer is involved.
IDK if plastic is good to use in some parts though because it can trap moisture and create mold and other nasties. But I think using plastic as a frame to hold either wood grooved trays or reed or bamboo tube bundles at least 8mm in diameter would be great.
So I was thinking of ordering the wood trays like these and then build the frame with the printer. The wood is reusable every year, just harvest the cocoons but reeds or bamboo have to be split and replaced every year so I'm opting for the reusable wood trays.

View attachment 2180

I will still do this project but for now I ordered a ready to go house and attractant so I can get it going asap while I wait for time to free up on the printer.
And did you see there's a bee on tinkercad too? Yeah welcome to the next rabbit hole...Bee keeping!!!nice
Me and wife like our butterflies as well even got em on out plates ! Lol that’s my work truck been dented once or twice ! Lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 4
The city ripped up the neighborhood a few years back. Upgraded the water pipes to each home.

The contractor used crap sod. Now everyone has tons of dandelions. Keep spreading every year. Can’t get rid of them.

This is the section we leave and only mow twice a year. Rabbits, birds, fox, and a few others come here. Mostly the small ones now.

D002579A-9FD8-477B-9704-E90C96FBEE43.jpeg

Dandelions and carpenter ants are my issues. 🤦

The city ripped up the neighborhood a few years back. Upgraded the water pipes to each home.

The contractor used crap sod. Now everyone has tons of dandelions. Keep spreading every year. Can’t get rid of them.

This is the section we leave and only mow twice a year. Rabbits, birds, fox, and a few others come here. Mostly the small ones now.

View attachment 2189

Dandelions and carpenter ants are my issues. 🤦
Mid to late Winter, applying corn gluten to your yard will take out those dandelions and feed the grass.
The corn gluten is used as a premergent and will stop the seeds from germinating. All plants like grass that are already growing will get a fertilizer effect from the nitrogen but no new seeds will sprout. Good if you only have a weed you need to kill but if there's wildflowers or anything else you want to keep that start from seed, those will not germinate either.
I like the liquid version but it can clog a hose end sprayer.
I used CG to take out all the hitchhiker sticker burr plants, ragweed, and other bad weeds that had taken over my yard. Once those were done then the good wanted grass spread like wildfire. Good safe organic alternative to herbicides

we like dandelions in our salads. makes great wine, i've even made few runs of moonshine with it. my chickens love it, the deer eat it... and it all grows free!!!

All true. Good for dogs coat too. But neighbours tend to get upset if you don’t at least make an effort.
nosy people ruin everything!! those 200lb fat bitches can walk around in yoga pants and i gotta look at that, meanwhile if ya don't mow your grass and keep everything nice for everyone else to see you get a fine... wtf?!?

our society needs a good swift kick in the ass!! i love these houses full of kids and the owners pay landscapers to take care of it.. fuckin lazy mo fo's!!!!

My riding lawn mower acted up several years ago so I sent it to the shop.
They had it for like 2 1/2 months~!
My lawn was about 2-3 feet tall by the time I got it back.
When I finally was mowing my lawn people driving by were honking their horns and cheering~!

LIKE I CARE....🥱
I like things to be neat but keeping up with the Smiths and Jones does not interest or concern me at all.
I often wonder how this world can be so screwed up with so many perfect lawns.

Last edited:
Mid to late Winter, applying corn gluten to your yard will take out those dandelions and feed the grass.
The corn gluten is used as a premergent and will stop the seeds from germinating. All plants like grass that are already growing will get a fertilizer effect from the nitrogen but no new seeds will sprout. Good if you only have a weed you need to kill but if there's wildflowers or anything else you want to keep that start from seed, those will not germinate either.
I like the liquid version but it can clog a hose end sprayer.
I used CG to take out all the hitchhiker sticker burr plants, ragweed, and other bad weeds that had taken over my yard. Once those were done then the good wanted grass spread like wildfire. Good safe organic alternative to herbicides
This is great info! We have all that same shit in our yard and dogs bring it in every time and that st. Augastine grass sux !

Back
Top Bottom