What's Cookin?

dude you should be able to get em at any grocery store where you live... even my podunk places have them fresh.

they're f'in expensive though!!!!
They can be, we got a restaurant here that’s great and one a week they do dollar oyster night with like 6 different regions to choose from ❤️

dude you should be able to get em at any grocery store where you live... even my podunk places have them fresh.

To be honest I've never even looked for them, they might have em and I wouldn't even know lol.
I'm the only one who eats seafood so i dont buy much. My wife is mildly allergic so she never eats it at all and I haven't had my kids try much either with my wife and her father being allergic.

To be honest I've never even looked for them, they might have em and I wouldn't even know lol.
I'm the only one who eats seafood so i dont buy much. My wife is mildly allergic so she never eats it at all and I haven't had my kids try much either with my wife and her father being allergic.

they're small and usually sold in a small mesh bag in the seafood display.. nobody else in my house eats them either. in fact i only know one friend that eats them, we usually hook each other up for our birthdays.

My neighbor use to shuck em and sell em, I had access but I am not a big Oyster lover, I enjoy em fried on a BBQ with a little hot sauce.

Just a few meals from NC
Ribeyes
Twice baked potatoes
Tile fish
Grouper
Red snapper
Flounder
Black sea bass
Oysters
Softies
And CrawfishView attachment 53271View attachment 53272View attachment 53273View attachment 53274View attachment 53275View attachment 53276View attachment 53277

Not all heroes wear capes.
Beautiful!!!🥰

Whole Foods on Fridays Bro!!!

About 4-5 varieties all layed out on ice trays behind the glass and they'll either be priced at $1 each or the closer you are to the farms, 1/2 off regular price on Fridays.
And they'll shuck them for free but it's about a 15 minute wait. They'll lay them all out in a take-out tray with a bed of ice under them.

During Summer months especially when I'm on vacation, this is my go-to for lunch every Friday. Spend about $12-$18/dozen and I always buy two dozen, sometimes 3.
Get home, slice some lemon, dab some horseradish, cocktail sauce, and hot sauce then go to town! I'll destroy those fucking things like I'm the walrus in Alice in Wonderland while a verse from Jimmy Buffett's Tin Cup Chalice plays in my head.....🎶"Give me oysters and beer everyday of the year and I'll be fiiiiiiine"🎵

Not all heroes wear capes.
Beautiful!!!🥰

Whole Foods on Fridays Bro!!!

About 4-5 varieties all layed out on ice trays behind the glass and they'll either be priced at $1 each or the closer you are to the farms, 1/2 off regular price on Fridays.
And they'll shuck them for free but it's about a 15 minute wait. They'll lay them all out in a take-out tray with a bed of ice under them.

During Summer months especially when I'm on vacation, this is my go-to for lunch every Friday. Spend about $12-$18/dozen and I always buy two dozen, sometimes 3.
Get home, slice some lemon, dab some horseradish, cocktail sauce, and hot sauce then go to town! I'll destroy those fucking things like I'm the walrus in Alice in Wonderland while a verse from Jimmy Buffett's Tin Cup Chalice plays in my head.....🎶"Give me oysters and beer everyday of the year and I'll be fiiiiiiine"🎵

the closest whole foods is about 40 minutes each way... it's tiny though, nothing at all like i see on top chef or anything. i don't think this place even has a seafood section. seems more like a local farmers market place. been about ten years since i've been there though. places change so maybe it' different now but before wasn't even worth the ride. there's a farm along the way though that makes the best breads i've ever had so i like to stop there a couple times a year.

but i'm close enough to the ocean to get great seafood. thats one thing that always fresh around here. even my local shitty grocery store sells live lobsters daily.

i like to open my own oysters though... kinda the ritual fun me and buddy have twice a year... hang out smoke buds, smoke oysters, prep em.. have a few drinks.. start a fire.. ya know just part of the whole experience kinda thing so no way am i letting somebody else take away my fun!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

but i will say this the best raw oysters i ever had were in south porland maine... a place called street and company if i remember correctly... not sure if it;s still there, it was in the coble stone area if anyone's been there..

made a pizza tonight... ham, shrooms, and peppers...

014.JPG

the closest whole foods is about 40 minutes each way... it's tiny though, nothing at all like i see on top chef or anything. i don't think this place even has a seafood section. seems more like a local farmers market place. been about ten years since i've been there though. places change so maybe it' different now but before wasn't even worth the ride. there's a farm along the way though that makes the best breads i've ever had so i like to stop there a couple times a year.

but i'm close enough to the ocean to get great seafood. thats one thing that always fresh around here. even my local shitty grocery store sells live lobsters daily.

i like to open my own oysters though... kinda the ritual fun me and buddy have twice a year... hang out smoke buds, smoke oysters, prep em.. have a few drinks.. start a fire.. ya know just part of the whole experience kinda thing so no way am i letting somebody else take away my fun!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

but i will say this the best raw oysters i ever had were in south porland maine... a place called street and company if i remember correctly... not sure if it;s still there, it was in the coble stone area if anyone's been there..

made a pizza tonight... ham, shrooms, and peppers...

View attachment 53429
Street & Co is still there. J's Oyster bar is more better.

My sister lives in SC and I guess the big thing there is to get a bushel and put them next to a fire with a wet cloth sack over them and steam them till they open…
We did it two Easter’s ago and they where really good but I personally enjoy them better raw.
Even fried on a po-boy is fantastic!

Bro is gonna catch hell for using that cheese 😅
I was screaming "Noooooo!" When he fanned it all out 😂
I so hear ya on that one.

When I saw him fanning the slices I was like "You are FUCKING kidding me!??!!". If you've ever seen any of Gugas videos you know this dude don't skimp when it comes to food quality.

But damn....when he's laying the patties with the dripping cheese on top of each other and he tops the patties with the bun and a waterfall of freaking flavor comes pouring out....?😳😛

Damn....I'm hungry now.....

This dude makes some of the tastiest side dishes I've ever tried. The skillet tater tots ground beef one was KILLER!!

I so hear ya on that one.

When I saw him fanning the slices I was like "You are FUCKING kidding me!??!!". If you've ever seen any of Gugas videos you know this dude don't skimp when it comes to food quality.

But damn....when he's laying the patties with the dripping cheese on top of each other and he tops the patties with the bun and a waterfall of freaking flavor comes pouring out....?😳😛

Damn....I'm hungry now.....

This dude makes some of the tastiest side dishes I've ever tried. The skillet tater tots ground beef one was KILLER!!
I would have to use like pepperjack, provelone, or the all star WHITE American cheese lol. 🤣

Mmm tater tot ground beef sounds fire

that shmo is so full of himself and his paid friends that eat with him... these social media cooks are something else sometimes!!! i know my burger tasted better than his. his was all greasy and nasty looking...

no way would i ever use that cheese.... even the old government cheese was better than that stuff!!

IYKYK 😋

e76753bdba14d951f6ab7588ba77c2ea_large.png

So I'm fairly anal and particular when it comes to smash burgers.
I'll eat burgers done other ways but if I'm making them it's always a smasher.;)
American all the way when it comes to smash burgers. No-go on the Kraft singles but deli sliced American or Deluxe American is where it's at..

Guga's technique is a bit odd. You never tightly ball up a smashy and you don't buy the beef packaged or compressed.
Head to the butcher and buy the beef loose. Straight from the grinder with as little handling as possible then packaged in butcher paper. Even better if the butcher grinds it while you wait.
Form it loose into a rough ball that wants to fall apart more than stay together. Minimal handling is key and never go Dad burger with sauces. Just black pepper and that's it!
Get a cast iron press. Trust me on this, it's way better than trying to use a spatula. I like the 8 1/4" from Lodge because it can double as a panini press

press.png

Put the loose wad of beef on screaming hot cast iron. Cover it with a sheet of parchment paper. Put the press on it and give it the business. Smash the living fuck out of it. There's nothing soft or gentle about this part and is why a press is better than a spatula.
Let it sear to black around the edges.
Put down your onions then flip the burger on top of the onions and sear it to black again and also add the cheese.
Fuck a brioche bun. The cheapest and thinnest plain ol normal burger bun is the call. The beef is the star of this show, not the bun. so you don't wanna mute the seared to black peppered beef and gooey 'Murican cheese flavor with sweet brioche.
That's how I make the best burgers known to mankind 😋

That looks wonderful, while I'm rustling up my cornmeal pesto pizza same and no different.

IYKYK 😋

View attachment 54442

So I'm fairly anal and particular when it comes to smash burgers.
I'll eat burgers done other ways but if I'm making them it's always a smasher.;)
American all the way when it comes to smash burgers. No-go on the Kraft singles but deli sliced American or Deluxe American is where it's at..

Guga's technique is a bit odd. You never tightly ball up a smashy and you don't buy the beef packaged or compressed.
Head to the butcher and buy the beef loose. Straight from the grinder with as little handling as possible then packaged in butcher paper. Even better if the butcher grinds it while you wait.
Form it loose into a rough ball that wants to fall apart more than stay together. Minimal handling is key and never go Dad burger with sauces. Just black pepper and that's it!
Get a cast iron press. Trust me on this, it's way better than trying to use a spatula. I like the 8 1/4" from Lodge because it can double as a panini press

View attachment 54443

Put the loose wad of beef on screaming hot cast iron. Cover it with a sheet of parchment paper. Put the press on it and give it the business. Smash the living fuck out of it. There's nothing soft or gentle about this part and is why a press is better than a spatula.
Let it sear to black around the edges.
Put down your onions then flip the burger on top of the onions and sear it to black again and also add the cheese.
Fuck a brioche bun. The cheapest and thinnest plain ol normal burger bun is the call. The beef is the star of this show, not the bun. so you don't wanna mute the seared to black peppered beef and gooey 'Murican cheese flavor with sweet brioche.
That's how I make the best burgers known to mankind 😋

i never see anyone using worcestershire sauce at all... it's a must for me... about ten seconds before i pull the burger off i give it a few shakes around the outside of the burger. it gives it a little pizaz and also deglazes the iron and keeps all the good stuff on the burger and not the cooktop or pan. plus it cleans it up nice to toast the brioche on!!

i don't have one of those fancy press' though, i just use a big tin can!! :ROFLMAO:

home ground beef is a must!!! thats why his was so greasy and look like fast food when he was done.. i think my burger had about 5% fat in it and that was about it.

i never see anyone using worcestershire sauce at all... it's a must for me... about ten seconds before i pull the burger off i give it a few shakes around the outside of the burger. it gives it a little pizaz and also deglazes the iron and keeps all the good stuff on the burger and not the cooktop or pan. plus it cleans it up nice to toast the brioche on!!

i don't have one of those fancy press' though, i just use a big tin can!! :ROFLMAO:

home ground beef is a must!!! thats why his was so greasy and look like fast food when he was done.. i think my burger had about 5% fat in it and that was about it.

A laugh appeared as I fist bumped for the worcestershire sauce.
I think we are about to be schooled on the sauce~!:ROFLMAO:

My neighbor uses Worcestershire sauce and it always smell amazing over fire but I rarely use it and if I do, it's on steaks like a choice cut sirloin that needs a marinade.
With prime beef I let the meat stand alone but will use black pepper and garlic powder to kick it up.
What I really don;t like is when people put that mayo/ketchup/mustard blend, a thousand island dressing, or worst of all BBQ sauce on a burger.

I'll use mayo instead of butter to sear the bun and some mustard if I'm going all in with the pickles, lettuce, and mater but avoid any other sauce

Just picked up a nice 6 pound ham shank, gonna go home and get the smoker going!

Very nice!
Once a year I order up a case of KC Wild Wing Pork Shanks.
We call them Hog Wings around here but it's a mini pork shank. Each pack is 3lb and there's 3 packs per case. Sells for about $130 delivered frozen. I wish I could find them local but nobody carries them.

They come "precooked" but it's more like browned. I'll finish them on the smoker and they are always a hit when I bring a platter to work.
Season or sauce just like chicken wings. I tend to use dry rubs but a good spicy or Asian BBQ sauce does well on them too.
You get that ham/pork rib flavor along with the smoke and rub plus it has a little bone that makes a great handle.

or worst of all BBQ sauce on a burger.
:p
I love BBQ sauce on burgers~!:oops:
I dip potato chips in BBQ sauce. 🤨
I even put BBQ sauce in my baked beans sometimes.🥸

Last edited:
A taco salad with taco sauce , doritos and catalina dressing is fantastic~!

My wife is addicted to bbq sauce, I swear we go through gallons of the stuff every month. She puts it on everything.
Chicken, chops, ham steaks, fries, rice, potatoes, literally almost everything!

what is her favorite kind?

Back
Top Bottom