What's Cookin?

sticky fingers is good stuff!!! i like bullseye a lot!

you gotta make her some home made stuff using your new smoker!! smoked apple chunks in a pork sauce is so freakin good!!!!
I never think to do stuff like that lol.
I need to more often cause ot sounds bangin

A burger with bbq sauce is a sloppy joe
A pizza with bbq sauce is a sloppy joe pizza
:cool:

Grilled chicken is the only thing I'll slather with sauce.
Stubbs is a local joint here and it is good. Sticky Fingers and Head Country are comparable. IDK if they sell it in yankee country for Y'all but if you must sauce it up, you gotta try Breggy Bomb Swamp Sauce.

NY has got it right!!!!!

.​

Individually wrapped cheese could be targeted under New York legislation​

Producers who violate bill could face significant fine​

By Daniella Genovese FOXBusiness
Individually wrapped cheese slices could be banned in New York under a new bill that's aiming to significantly reduce the use of plastics.

NY has got it right!!!!!

.​

Individually wrapped cheese could be targeted under New York legislation​

Producers who violate bill could face significant fine​

By Daniella Genovese FOXBusiness
Individually wrapped cheese slices could be banned in New York under a new bill that's aiming to significantly reduce the use of plastics.

Oh man I thought it was because it's not cheese, not for the plastic wrapper. Or maybe NY considers the whole slice and wrapper to be plastic?
Reminds me of some country a few years ago banned Subway from calling it's bread, bread. They consider it pastry due to high sugar content. Mighta been Itlay or France. Pretty sure is a EU country though

Oh man I thought it was because it's not cheese, not for the plastic wrapper. Or maybe NY considers the whole slice and wrapper to be plastic?
Reminds me of some country a few years ago banned Subway from calling it's bread, bread. They consider it pastry due to high sugar content. Mighta been Itlay or France. Pretty sure is a EU country though

trying to ban cheese but glitter and straws and bags and 6pack rings are all still okay!!! priorities!!!

trying to ban cheese but glitter and straws and bags and 6pack rings are all still okay!!! priorities!!!

This town did the bag ban thing and all they did was make me start bringing a laundry basket to the store rather than buy recyclable bags at 25 cents each. It targets customers only and not stores to stop using them.
The ban is bullshit because curbside pickup grocery stores use the bags and use one item per bag so they use more bags than before. Home Depot and Walmart got exemptions and still have the bags. HD is free but WM is 10 cents per bag. And on top of it people are fucking litterbugs so there's still trash everywhere.
Just political theater designed to make it seem like people in charge care and are doing something but really they're making shit worse with the petty bans.
Seems like it would be pretty simple to educate and pound it into peoples heads to not be litterbugs and have better recycling programs on all materials instead of picking and choosing bans on things that have little to no impact on the bigger issue.
Japan sure has it right. That country is immaculate. We need to be teaching people to live like that and not be litterbugs. They move to this city and live like it's Ancient Rome, nasty fuckers. You wouldn't believe the shit I see these young tech workers and how gross they live in the luxury condos next door. Fucking savages dude. College dorms are cleaner than these drunk on seltzer and hemp smoking fucks living next door to me

This town did the bag ban thing and all they did was make me start bringing a laundry basket to the store rather than buy recyclable bags at 25 cents each. It targets customers only and not stores to stop using them.
The ban is bullshit because curbside pickup grocery stores use the bags and use one item per bag so they use more bags than before. Home Depot and Walmart got exemptions and still have the bags. HD is free but WM is 10 cents per bag. And on top of it people are fucking litterbugs so there's still trash everywhere.
Just political theater designed to make it seem like people in charge care and are doing something but really they're making shit worse with the petty bans.
Seems like it would be pretty simple to educate and pound it into peoples heads to not be litterbugs and have better recycling programs on all materials instead of picking and choosing bans on things that have little to no impact on the bigger issue.
Japan sure has it right. That country is immaculate. We need to be teaching people to live like that and not be litterbugs. They move to this city and live like it's Ancient Rome, nasty fuckers. You wouldn't believe the shit I see these young tech workers and how gross they live in the luxury condos next door. Fucking savages dude. College dorms are cleaner than these drunk on seltzer and hemp smoking fucks living next door to me

thats just really sad!! ya know i saw on the news over the years how states ban the plastic bags and i always thought it was a good idea. i had no idea it was like that at all!! it's not a ban if they're still available! the news doesn't tell me that stuff!!! we don't have any bans here, but i always take bags in with me, for one i can fit way more in my bags and two just trying to not kill a seagull!

the good bags used to be good, now they're cheap pos made to not last long so people throw those out more often. and one of those gotta be like twenty of the recycles when it comes to the evil it creates. i have some that are from thirty years ago so i fill em up!!!! double handles and made for chili bean cans!!!! ah yeah!!! :D

When the pandemic hit NY would not let you bring your grocery bags in the store so magically paper and plastic bags were free again~!
The straw thing here is reaching epic stupid levels.
We have banned large sodas here~! 🤪
California only scares me more because I feel if dumb enough NY will follow~!

Chicken Mardi Gras and a beef tenderloin that's been in my deep freeze since Xmas so I figured I better do something with it.
Reverse sear on the grill using mesquite pellets then finishing it with the flamethrower.
Seasoned with Montreal Steak seasoning and truffle butter

IMG_0596.JPG

IMG_7065.JPG

IMG_7063.JPG

My boss and his two brothers came over early this morning so we could put a lift on his truck. I made Eggs Benny and home fries for a crowd for breakfast, then Jersey Mike's subs for lunch. Them dudes ate like friggen horses lol.

we just got a jersey mikes down the road... are they any good?

how'd the lift turn out? suspension, body, both😛?? what kind of rig?

we just got a jersey mikes down the road... are they any good?

how'd the lift turn out? suspension, body, both😛?? what kind of rig?
Yeah it's pretty good! Ours just opened a couple weeks ago. I always judge a sandwich shop by their bread and their roast beef, was not dissapointed.

He's got a Nissan Frontier, we did new control arms and spacers up front, shackles in the rear. I gave him the 33" Falken Wildpeaks I took off my Rubicon, so next we've got to do some trimming inside the fender wells and find him some new wheels. We're planning on doing a lot of off-roading this summer out around the resort. Great way to spend a Saturday, though, eating and wrenching, and eating lol.

Yeah it's pretty good! Ours just opened a couple weeks ago. I always judge a sandwich shop by their bread and their roast beef, was not dissapointed.

He's got a Nissan Frontier, we did new control arms and spacers up front, shackles in the rear. I gave him the 33" Falken Wildpeaks I took off my Rubicon, so next we've got to do some trimming inside the fender wells and find him some new wheels. We're planning on doing a lot of off-roading this summer out around the resort. Great way to spend a Saturday, though, eating and wrenching, and eating lol.

fuckin Nice!!!! i've had a nissan suv since '96!!! first a pathfinder now an xterra it's a deep luv. :D

same here our jersey mikes just opened two or three weeks ago. they were setting up one night and open the next afternoon!!! it was an old subway joint but they still busted ass to replace everything!! they put some coupons in my mailbox, maybe i'll try em out!!! the're are some pretty good hoagie or sub shops depending on what you call em so they have some steep competition opening up here. subway couldn't stay open.

i don't what they have i didn't look at the menu, i just know danny devito does the commercials.. never actually watched one though just flashes as a ffw past.

fuckin Nice!!!! i've had a nissan suv since '96!!! first a pathfinder now an xterra it's a deep luv. :D

same here our jersey mikes just opened two or three weeks ago. they were setting up one night and open the next afternoon!!! it was an old subway joint but they still busted ass to replace everything!! they put some coupons in my mailbox, maybe i'll try em out!!! the're are some pretty good hoagie or sub shops depending on what you call em so they have some steep competition opening up here. subway couldn't stay open.

i don't what they have i didn't look at the menu, i just know danny devito does the commercials.. never actually watched one though just flashes as a ffw past.
I'd say they make a solid sammich for a chain. Their "giant" sub is humongous. At least they are kind enough to cut it into quarters for you. They also slice the meats and cheeses to order.

I'd say they make a solid sammich for a chain. Their "giant" sub is humongous. At least they are kind enough to cut it into quarters for you. They also slice the meats and cheeses to order.

oh thats sweet... so how was the bread? is it fresh soft?

do you know if they have pastrami?

Yeah rolls were fresh, soft on the inside, slightly crusty on the outside. Good structure, hold together well even though they are generous with the veggies, oil/vinegar/mayo what have you.

They have a grilled pastrami reuben. I have not tried their hot subs yet, but they have a big flat top there and are realy cooking. I'm gonna try the cheese steak next I think.

Yeah rolls were fresh, soft on the inside, slightly crusty on the outside. Good structure, hold together well even though they are generous with the veggies, oil/vinegar/mayo what have you.

They have a grilled pastrami reuben. I have not tried their hot subs yet, but they have a big flat top there and are realy cooking. I'm gonna try the cheese steak next I think.

I've heard people from Philly say the Jersey Mike cheesesteak is as legit as what they get back home.

We get JM every so often. I tend to rate sandwich shops by their Italian then go from there on the menu. JM is up there as far as chain joints go. Way, way, way better than subway or Which Wich. Boston Market and Panera are forgettable

Firehouse and Jason's Deli are good too as far as chains go. IDK if these are names Y'all might recognize but if you find one you'll score....Schlotzkys, Delaware Subs, Snarfs, & Cheba Hut

We have a jersey Mike's nearby too, according to their window they offer Free Smells! 😅
I've never been inside or even close enough to get a wiff. Not big on those kinds of places.

I've heard people from Philly say the Jersey Mike cheesesteak is as legit as what they get back home.

We get JM every so often. I tend to rate sandwich shops by their Italian then go from there on the menu. JM is up there as far as chain joints go. Way, way, way better than subway or Which Wich. Boston Market and Panera are forgettable

Firehouse and Jason's Deli are good too as far as chains go. IDK if these are names Y'all might recognize but if you find one you'll score....Schlotzkys, Delaware Subs, Snarfs, & Cheba Hut

we got a firehouse not far.. heard it was good but was never there. i think theres a schlotzkys too... i'm not big on lunch meat. but if JM has a pastrami i'll probably go!!

here's one of my closet fav meals... meatloaf under gravy and hand made perogies!!

024.JPG

kinda reminds me of a boston market meal...

we got a firehouse not far.. heard it was good but was never there. i think theres a schlotzkys too... i'm not big on lunch meat. but if JM has a pastrami i'll probably go!!

here's one of my closet fav meals... meatloaf under gravy and hand made perogies!!

View attachment 55935

kinda reminds me of a boston market meal...
Something about loafed meat I'm just not down with.
I'll eat burgers every damn day, put meatloaf in front of me and I'll starve!

Back
Top Bottom