A Cornucopia of Delightful Cannabis Cultivars

yeah they always do, it's just so traumatic when you open a tent and see them all wilted especially when they looked so lively 8 hours before
Somewhere @Aqua Man has a video of watering a very dry plant, and in real time you can watch it bounce back. Like 2 minutes or something. Really incredible how tough these plants are when healthy.

Somewhere @Aqua Man has a video of watering a very dry plant, and in real time you can watch it bounce back. Like 2 minutes or something. Really incredible how tough these plants are when healthy.
I saw that video, was really amazing, i tried doing it and got bored watching it come back to life lol.

Yeah it was on the old forum. I think they deleted it but i have it on my old phone

So far all is well in the tents. Clones looking a lot more lively and 4x4 looking great at day 4 of flower. I have a feeling with 8 different strains in here this might be the most even I get this canopy
View attachment 6833View attachment 6834View attachment 6835
Those plants look good in the tent! Glad you got your first cut rooted! It is fun, I jumped into that cloning after my first run last year. I just got my aerocloner cleaned up and going to be making cuts in a few days once I'm happy with the water in the cloner.

Love that door mat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Use fire rod
"What would you like up use fire rod on?"
Magical herb
"You are delirious from the effects, and your fire rod is caked in resin."

Last edited:
Those plants look good in the tent! Glad you got your first cut rooted! It is fun, I jumped into that cloning after my first run last year. I just got my aerocloner cleaned up and going to be making cuts in a few days once I'm happy with the water in the cloner.

Love that door mat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Use fire rod
"What would you like up use fire rod on?"
Magical herb
"You are delirious from the effects, and your fire rod is caked in resin.

Thanks, I am getting close to the part where I usually screw up around week 3 of flower so fingers crossed. That mat was a must have, I saw someone on reddit with it in front of their tent and I had to have it. Weed and gaming was a huge part of my youth

I'm starting to think that may have been my problem in the past. Using cropsalt on this one and on their website they say not to add any calmag that their formula has 2 different types of calcium so I guess I will find out in 2 weeks
If you see something starting, post it up. I'm sure the brain trust here can help you.

Water stressing is one of my regular and favorite stresses.
Maybe just the slacker in me but it is easy.
IME plants love it when not taken too far.
I do it on purpose. I see they are close and then say see you tomorrow.

Not that I doubted anybody here but you guys were right, they bounced back like nothing happened. Here is a pic of them at day 9F along with one of the clones. Should I transplant this clone now or wait until they're all like this?

20230616_192811.jpg
20230616_192754.jpg20230616_192850.jpg

I'm starting to notice that its really becoming a pain in the ass to water these and I wish I setup some kind of auto watering system like I had planned. Right now I am just taking a few of them out of the tent so I can access the ones in the back and crawling in the tent and manually watering but in about 4 weeks its gonna be a real pain in the ass pulling these plants out of the tent. I'm hoping after I do a day 14 cleanup it thins things out on the bottom and lets me maneuver around the plants and water them without having to pull them out of the tent but I dont see it happening. At least I didn't scrog them this time around, that would have been a nightmare

Oh yeah 👊 good job man. Personally i would absolutely plant that clone and olants are looking gorgeous
Should I go right into a 1 gal or should I use something a little smaller like a solo cup for a few weeks and then into a 1?

Should I go right into a 1 gal or should I use something a little smaller like a solo cup for a few weeks and then into a 1?
If its coco or a coco mix straight into 1 gal.

You can take a 5 gal pail with your nutrients and toss a cheap $20 or less pump in it with cheap tubing. Then tape the tubing to a broom stick or something so you can reach the back without moving plants. Just turn the pump on to feed using a power bar switch.

Or just drill a hole like 3/8” and press half inch tubing through the bottom edge of the pail with a cheap 1/2” ball valve and again tape it to a broom stick and place the pail higher than the pots

If you want i can put together a parts list for under $50 US for autofeed. Just need a smart plug ,a couple pvc fittings, tubing and a dirt cheap pump (like the cheapest you can find

I'm starting to notice that its really becoming a pain in the ass to water these and I wish I setup some kind of auto watering system like I had planned. Right now I am just taking a few of them out of the tent so I can access the ones in the back and crawling in the tent and manually watering but in about 4 weeks its gonna be a real pain in the ass pulling these plants out of the tent. I'm hoping after I do a day 14 cleanup it thins things out on the bottom and lets me maneuver around the plants and water them without having to pull them out of the tent but I dont see it happening. At least I didn't scrog them this time around, that would have been a nightmare
I set up a DIY auto water that, so far, has worked flawlessly for me.

You'll need:

A reservoir. I bought a 30 gal plastic bin at my local Walmart. Works great. Not as sturdy as I would like but it gets the job done. Once it cracks I'll hit up Home Depot and buy the black bin with the yellow lid.

A pump. I bought my pump at Harbor Freight. 264 gallon pump.

Feed Line. I bought a 50 foot reel of 1/4" landscaper drip line.

Distribution Head. I bought an 8 port drip head at HD.

Riser. You'll need a 6" or longer, depending on where you want to mount it, to connect to your distribution head.

Hose. I bought a reel of 1/2" vinyl hose to connect the riser and distro head to the pump. In the picture I have clear vinyl hose. Try and use black vinyl hose so that you don't get algae in the line.

Digital Timer. I bought a digital timer from Harbor Freight. I use it to turn the pump on and off when I want to water. The first time out I will turn the timer on and see how long it takes before I get full saturation with runoff. I program the timer for the days I want to water and the time I want the system to be watering the plants.

My first version used drip barbs to make watering rings. Worked fine but I'm changing it up and will order watering plates from Floraflex's Matrix series. It'll do a better job of watering evenly than the water rings do.

So the assembly goes like this. Pump to 1/2" vinyl hose to distro head riser to distro head to feed lines to each pot to Floraflex watering plates. When you lay out the feed lines make sure they are all the same length even if your pots are closer and don't need the length. It will serve to deliver water evenly to each pot but if you want to fine tune the water flow you can do it at the distro head.

Here's a visual if you're still unsure....

auto irrigate.jpg

You can take a 5 gal pail with your nutrients and toss a cheap $20 or less pump in it with cheap tubing. Then tape the tubing to a broom stick or something so you can reach the back without moving plants. Just turn the pump on to feed using a power bar switch.

Or just drill a hole like 3/8” and press half inch tubing through the bottom edge of the pail with a cheap 1/2” ball valve and again tape it to a broom stick and place the pail higher than the pots

If you want i can put together a parts list for under $50 US for autofeed. Just need a smart plug ,a couple pvc fittings, tubing and a dirt cheap pump (like the cheapest you can find
that would be great. I'd like to have something like that setup for next grow.

I set up a DIY auto water that, so far, has worked flawlessly for me.

You'll need:

A reservoir. I bought a 30 gal plastic bin at my local Walmart. Works great. Not as sturdy as I would like but it gets the job done. Once it cracks I'll hit up Home Depot and buy the black bin with the yellow lid.

A pump. I bought my pump at Harbor Freight. 264 gallon pump.

Feed Line. I bought a 50 foot reel of 1/4" landscaper drip line.

Distribution Head. I bought an 8 port drip head at HD.

Riser. You'll need a 6" or longer, depending on where you want to mount it, to connect to your distribution head.

Hose. I bought a reel of 1/2" vinyl hose to connect the riser and distro head to the pump. In the picture I have clear vinyl hose. Try and use black vinyl hose so that you don't get algae in the line.

Digital Timer. I bought a digital timer from Harbor Freight. I use it to turn the pump on and off when I want to water. The first time out I will turn the timer on and see how long it takes before I get full saturation with runoff. I program the timer for the days I want to water and the time I want the system to be watering the plants.

My first version used drip barbs to make watering rings. Worked fine but I'm changing it up and will order watering plates from Floraflex's Matrix series. It'll do a better job of watering evenly than the water rings do.

So the assembly goes like this. Pump to 1/2" vinyl hose to distro head riser to distro head to feed lines to each pot to Floraflex watering plates. When you lay out the feed lines make sure they are all the same length even if your pots are closer and don't need the length. It will serve to deliver water evenly to each pot but if you want to fine tune the water flow you can do it at the distro head.

Here's a visual if you're still unsure....

View attachment 8022
ok that looks like what I was looking at before this setup with the floraflex plates.
This is the diagram I was looking at

1686963133818.png

How about a watering wand instead of the broomstick and ball valve?

ok that looks like what I was looking at before this setup with the floraflex plates.
This is the diagram I was looking at

View attachment 8027
Yeah! That's good. Honestly, Floraflex has some great setups but I find that most of it I can do cheaper by DIYing myself. The Matrix plates I could make also but they are so cheap why bother?

If I had an 8 x 4 or bigger then I would consider running a main supply line like in your picture but anything less than that I would say you can run without it and go direct from the distro head. I made a mount for the distro head assembly that clips onto one of the corner poles in my tent. I like to keep my distro head accessible in case I want to do any delivery adjustments to any particular pot rather than park it in the middle of the screen.

distro head mount.jpg

Clones have all been transplanted. Gonna keep them in the solo cups for a few weeks under 24 hr light then transplant into 1 gal and change light to 18/6. Didnt take any cuts off the mac dragon since I snapped her stem and she was much smaller than the rest. Kept the best looking clone of the 2 cuts of each plant so I have Sawa A, Sawa B, Sawa C, Choc Marsh A, Choc Marsh B, hazelnut cream, wolfman, blackout bobby, lemon drip, and gary poppins.

20230620_083803.jpg

Day 13F fed last night. Gonna feed once more than give plain water and then switch to the bloom powders on day 22F in 9 days. Here is a closer pic of one of the buds forming on Sawa C which is the largest pheno of the 3 Sawa's.

20230620_190833.jpg

20230620_190852.jpg

Pics from last night day 17. It was strange 10 off 11 were building buds and the 11 wolfman haze was doing fucking jack shit I was literally standing in my grow room bitching yesterday how I always have one plant that doesn't wanna start blooming on time. Well within 5 hours this plant went from barely showing pistils to exploding with them. Clones are looking fantastic and I think I'm gonna transplant to 1 gal sometime this week.

Attachments

• 20230624_195551.jpg
    20230624_195551.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
  • 20230624_195604.jpg
    20230624_195604.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • 20230624_195609.jpg
    20230624_195609.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 20230624_195613.jpg
    20230624_195613.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
  • 20230624_200920.jpg
    20230624_200920.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 3
  • 20230624_200929.jpg
    20230624_200929.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • 20230624_200926.jpg
    20230624_200926.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
  • 20230624_200932.jpg
    20230624_200932.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3
Looking healthy.
thank you, I am gonna be getting solar panels on my roof in 3 weeks and had to change my light schedule since my power will be disconnected for some time during the afternoon of the install. Normally my watering is done during the afternoon and I have all day to monitor the plants as to the perfect time to water. Well since change the light schedule I am sleeping through most of the time the plants are awake so its taken some adjustments on my part to keep them happy. Usually I will check the weight of the pot when lights come on at 7pm but its taken some getting used to watering these things. I never thought changing the light schedule would create new variables in the grow, I guess I learn something new all the time.

thank you, I am gonna be getting solar panels on my roof in 3 weeks and had to change my light schedule since my power will be disconnected for some time during the afternoon of the install. Normally my watering is done during the afternoon and I have all day to monitor the plants as to the perfect time to water. Well since change the light schedule I am sleeping through most of the time the plants are awake so its taken some adjustments on my part to keep them happy. Usually I will check the weight of the pot when lights come on at 7pm but its taken some getting used to watering these things. I never thought changing the light schedule would create new variables in the grow, I guess I learn something new all the time.
When I pay off the house, solar panels are next.

When I pay off the house, solar panels are next.
If I waited until the house was paid off I would be 70 LOL.
I was not planning on getting solar but my electric bills went up from 125 per month to 280 per month and nothing has changed at all in my grow. someone is either tapping into my electric and stealing my juice or the 3rd party electric co I signed up with 3 years ago is being shady and doubling my rate. Either way not gonna deal with it anymore.

Back
Top Bottom